Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451935 times)
Jolest

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:40:31 AM

Granted, that is true. However, what I am suggesting is soliciting the help of community members, individuals who operate enterprises of a similar nature to LRM, or anyone who may have information that is helpful. I'm suggesting being open to help from them rather than writing them off as not being similar enough - someone may have something to contribute, if only you were to solicit the help. If LRM hasn't been operating illegally this whole time, then there is no harm in talking in the open about what challenges we face and how we can productively overcome them. If LRM has been operating illegally this whole time then I can understand your hesitance to ask for help and talk about specifics.

Bottom line: Ask the community for help regardless of how well versed you think they are.

The closest would be James Gibson's giga/teramining ventures as they are in the US and have handled issues in the past, but they are fixed hashrate payout schemes, not variable.

If the whole cause of this current mess is variable payout, the solution seems obvious.  Adopt a fixed mh/(bond, share, or whatever you want to call them) - AND - issue periodic bond splits distributed evenly among existing bond holders to cover increases in the production capabilities of LRM.  Yes, it's a bit of a song and dance, lo but bond splits are a normal part of running most profitable business.  I doubt the Sec would consider it a problem.  And it restores the original effect of investing for LRM investors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:49:42 AM

Wow, talk about an an investment taking a complete nose dive.

Fucking hell.
Jolest

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:52:29 AM

Found an almost exact analogy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_Shared_Agriculture

The way those work here is you buy a "share" in the commodities produced by the farm and each week you get your share of production. The people who buy shares don't own the farm, just it's output.

Find legal basis for those, structure LRM accordingly.
I do like this idea.  You're right that there are very strong parallels between the structure of a CSA and the original promise of what LRM was supposed to be. I'm not sure if a good lawyer could stretch the agriculture to mining anology enough to make it work, but this would be a much simpler solution than what I suggested in my previous msg.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:57:59 AM

Granted, that is true. However, what I am suggesting is soliciting the help of community members, individuals who operate enterprises of a similar nature to LRM, or anyone who may have information that is helpful. I'm suggesting being open to help from them rather than writing them off as not being similar enough - someone may have something to contribute, if only you were to solicit the help. If LRM hasn't been operating illegally this whole time, then there is no harm in talking in the open about what challenges we face and how we can productively overcome them. If LRM has been operating illegally this whole time then I can understand your hesitance to ask for help and talk about specifics.

Bottom line: Ask the community for help regardless of how well versed you think they are.

The closest would be James Gibson's giga/teramining ventures as they are in the US and have handled issues in the past, but they are fixed hashrate payout schemes, not variable.

If the whole cause of this current mess is variable payout, the solution seems obvious.  Adopt a fixed mh/(bond, share, or whatever you want to call them) - AND - issue periodic bond splits distributed evenly among existing bond holders to cover increases in the production capabilities of LRM.  Yes, it's a bit of a song and dance, lo but bond splits are a normal part of running most profitable business.  I doubt the Sec would consider it a problem.  And it restores the original effect of investing for LRM investors.

Indeed...there are many workable solutions. So, again, this is become a non issue. Which brings me back to my prior questions for Labrat:

What is up with the 150TH order?

What is the current status of the resources Labrat has been working on? Were any bridges closed or burned?

Is Labrat committed to success?

You might ask why I ask about his commitment. But it stems from seeing how few answers Labrat provides, and how unsatisfying many answers are to the important questions. So, indeed, asking if he is committed to success and not just dragging it around is important to know. Just answering 'yes' may not be that satisfying, but it will at least be something in the right direction.

When Labrat answers these satisfactorily, I think he will do a lot to calm this situation down. These questions are very obvious one's that need to be addressed. And they shoudl be addressable by Labrat unless he lost the bitcoins. That's why I called them the elephant in the room above.
||bit

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:03:00 AM

lab_rat, do you forget your ipo terms, the share's original price is about 0.15B, drop to 0.05B bacause of lack of liquidity when the exchange is closed, so actually the bond is underestimated.
some day ago you annouce to us the company 's hashrate will rise to 250TH. Now you decide the bond just worth 300mh as the value as 0.005B, the whole hashrate is only(300mh*60000=18TH), even less than current hashrate 50TH.
Do you think the bondowners are so stupid to bully. I suggest all the bondowners to sue and arrest labrat, a infamous fraud, and put him into the blacklist of bitcointalk and the whole bitcoin world.

Labrat will issue you 3 bonds for every 1 bond you have. Also, keep in mind, Labrat is calling it "contracts", not "bonds".

There are many questions left. But I hope this eases your concern some.
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:35:13 AM

lab_rat, do you forget your ipo terms, the share's original price is about 0.15B, drop to 0.05B bacause of lack of liquidity when the exchange is closed, so actually the bond is underestimated.
some day ago you annouce to us the company 's hashrate will rise to 250TH(he deletes contemptibly these announces in the office website). Now you decide the bond just worth 300mh as the value as 0.005B, the whole hashrate is only(300mh*60000=18TH), even less than current hashrate 50TH.
Do you think the bondowners are so stupid to bully. I suggest all the bondowners to sue and arrest labrat, a infamous fraud, and put him into the blacklist of bitcointalk and the whole bitcoin world.

There's no doubt that if what is kicked back to bond holders decreases that we all know where the rest of the btc mined goes to. This is most certainly the most pressing issue moving forward.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:51:03 AM

some day ago you annouce to us the company 's hashrate will rise to 250TH. Now you decide the bond just worth 300mh as the value as 0.005B, the whole hashrate is only(300mh*60000=18TH), even less than current hashrate 50TH.

Labrat will issue you 3 bonds for every 1 bond you have. Also, keep in mind, Labrat is calling it "contracts", not "bonds".

There are many questions left. But I hope this eases your concern some.
So as the company increases in hashing power, users will get more contracts worth 300MH/s each rather than the hash value of their contracts going up? For instance if I had 100 contracts locked in at 300MH/s (100C x 300MH/s = 30,000MH/s), I would get an additional three times what I currently own making it a total of 400 contracts (400C x 300MH/s = 120,000MH/s). Which would be a 90GH/s increase, with a total of 120GH/s.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
kaneda2004

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:55:03 AM

This still seems like a closed response from you.
Let's try something more direct and to the point.

1)Are you willing to ask the community for help?
2)If so, when will you formally solicit help from the community, stakeholders, investors etc?
3)If not, is it because you fear that LRM has been operating illegally?

bobfranklin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:01:51 AM

If the whole cause of this current mess is variable payout, the solution seems obvious.  Adopt a fixed mh/(bond, share, or whatever you want to call them) - AND - issue periodic bond splits distributed evenly among existing bond holders to cover increases in the production capabilities of LRM.  Yes, it's a bit of a song and dance, lo but bond splits are a normal part of running most profitable business.  I doubt the Sec would consider it a problem.  And it restores the original effect of investing for LRM investors.

Indeed...there are many workable solutions. So, again, this is become a non issue. Which brings me back to my prior questions for Labrat:

What is the current status of the resources Labrat has been working on? Were any bridges closed or burned?

Is Labrat committed to success?

You might ask why I ask about his commitment. But it stems from seeing how few answers Labrat provides, and how unsatisfying many answers are to the important questions. So, indeed, asking if he is committed to success and not just dragging it around is important to know. Just answering 'yes' may not be that satisfying, but it will at least be something in the right direction.

When Labrat answers these satisfactorily, I think he will do a lot to calm this situation down. These questions are very obvious one's that need to be addressed. And they shoudl be addressable by Labrat unless he lost the bitcoins. That's why I called them the elephant in the room above.

Even with everything else that's happening the answers to the 150TH question is one that an't be ignored. After all - we paid for it.

BTC: 1Q9zM8QKYGn6PkvogV5YC4PU5TBN8rQNHt
||bit

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:07:56 AM

Lab Rat Data Processing, LLC
LabRatMining

Official Announcement
Lab Rat Data Processing, LLC, a NJ company, operating under the trade name, LabRatMining is a company that will be operating as a mid to large scale miner for Bitcoins paying out dividends/returns to bondholders.  Each bond in the company represents a portion of the overall hashrate owned and managed by LabRatMining.  LabRatMining plans to expand mining operations to maintain a presence in the mining community for years to come.

Bond Structure – It is intended 100,000 bonds will be sold during the IPO.  These bonds represent the hashrate that these machines produce rather than the hardware itself.  This allows for control of the company without taking mining profits from investors and bondholders.  Future bond offerings of the company will be funded by intended additional sales in increments of 50,000 bonds.

Dividends/Bond Value – Each bond will receive a minimum of 100MH/s* worth of mining profit in dividends/returns (all dividends are intended as contractual returns based on investments and may simply be referred to as dividends for future purposes) on a weekly basis.  The first payout will be at the end of the second full week mining.  If the entire 100,000 bond IPO is not sold immediately, bonds will represent an equivalent portion of the processing power included in the operation at that time.  If it occurs that multiple installments of hardware are required to fulfill the IPO’s expected hardware, the earnings of each installment will begin to be paid out in dividends on the second full week of each installment.  Dividends will be paid out on Saturdays ~12 noon Eastern Time(UTC -0500.)

*Plans for Expansion – It is intended the IPO will result in at least 10TH/s being controlled and paid out by LabRatMining on a weekly basis.  The 10TH/s current estimate is subject to increase depending on the speed at which the IPO is completed allowing for further expansion.

The next installment will be offered up in bonds at the beginning of the week following completion of the IPO.  This set of 50,000 bonds will be put up for sale @0.25BTC/bond or market value +-5% at the time of the bonds being issued, whichever is of greater value.  This installment will add at least 15TH/s to the companies mining operation, and with it will follow an increase in dividend payout to a minimum of 166.67MH/s per bond (this may increase depending on company expansion).  This not only gives the new investors an increase in dividend payment, but gives greater benefits to the initial and early investors.

It is intended the third installment will likely mimic the second installment thereby potentially increasing the company’s total hashrate to 40+TH/s which will in turn bump the dividend payout to 200+MH/s per share.  All the forgoing and following estimates presume a fully sold out bond/contract offering and returns for mining based on certain historical data for returns of similar operations.

It is intended installments in the operation will continue to occur which will provide more value to the company as well as more value to each individual bond as the company matures.  These expansions, if they occur, will likely grow the company and our mining capacity in size which will provide further expanded payouts in the form of dividends (or increased dividends to investors).  It is currently intended a portion of the money the company receives in revenue from bond sales and mining will be used to expand the operation which will further increase dividends per bond.  It is currently intended the company will be adding to the bondholders hashrate on a regular basis as the company expands so one should expect to receive greater dividends than those explained above.

LabRatMining is in no way attached to any hardware manufacturer at this time and has not pledged to continue to host a lone company’s hardware.  If, in due time, LabRatMining decides to become affiliated with a mining hardware producer or begin developing our own technology, we reserve that right.

Initial purchases will be placed with Butterfly Labs, Inc.  We believe they currently have the most efficient hardware hitting the market, but with ever expanding competition, a new company may come to fruition that allows for our company to become more efficient and cost effective.

We are NOT including a forced buyback policy for shares or bonds like that of many other mining companies in an attempt to scam individuals into purchasing hardware for them.  These bonds will be nonrefundable and non-callable.

Why LabRatMining?
LabRatMining is offering bonds at far less cost to bondholders than almost all, if not all bond issuers.  Some are issuing bonds at 7+BTC/GH/s whereas these bonds are being offered initially between 1 and 2BTC/GH/s.  This is three to six times as profitable as AsicMiner’s Block-Erupter USB devices already and it is intended these bonds will increase in hashrate per bond over time as an additional added bonus to the purchasers (although this is not guaranteed).  Lab Rat is providing a great service to those who either can’t host the equipment they would choose to mine with, or would rather not host.  The company and its owners are taking on substantial risk in this investment and managing these devices for an extended period of time.  The company is providing a service that will allow for ~100% up-time by having measures put in place to make sure that HVAC, electricity, Internet, a private pool, and a hosting location are always available for this operation.  The company will be tending to the hardware to keep it clean and running properly.  The company shall be responsible for dealing with hardware manufacturers regarding defective units in the event of a unit failure.
•   The bonds discussed above do not represent traditional bonds, but what are commonly known as PMB’s or Perpetual Mining Bonds.  Another commonly used term is Mining Contracts.  These bonds are not traditional bonds as offered by publicly traded companies. PMB’s are actually private contracts with anticipated returns based on investments into the company.
•   This is an announcement of the company and is not a final binding document regarding the IPO.  IPO terms will be released as the bonds become available for public trade.
•   Some initial investors have been secured, but no money has changed hands at this time or will until further notice.
•   A contract is being drafted to allow for purchase of bonds using USD, rather than BTC, which will be available at the time of release.  In order to initiate such transaction, you will have to contact me via one of the listed available methods.
•   This is a privately held, nonpublicly traded company. This company and the PMB's being offered are not regulated by any governmental entities including the SEC or any other agency or board.
•   Returns on investment are not guaranteed. All investments are speculative, subject to influences beyond the company's control and are nonrefundable unless agreed to by the company.
•   All investments are at the investor’s sole risk. You should not invest in you do not understand the investment.  By purchasing a PMB or Mining Contract you are acknowledging that you understand the investment, accept the risks inherent in any investments, and specifically the risks of this investment.

With the announcement of this company comes my resignation from the position of moderator on the Butterfly Labs Forums to avoid any conflict of interest.  Grnbrg will have to take care of it from here on out.  I will still be around on the forum, but on different terms.

Feel free to contact me via PM on BitcoinTalk or Butterfly Labs forums, by E-mail (rat.in.a.lab@gmail.com or labrat@labratmining.com ), or in any chat I am present with any questions or concerns you may have with me regarding this investment, or the company as a whole, and I will get back to you in a timely manner.

For the record.
||bit

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:10:29 AM

Yes I am the Lab_Rat from the BFL forums, you can confirm this by viewing I made the same posts there.  To those of you who say that I am giving no detail and only investing in BFL, please actually read my posts, or don't reply.  Bitfury is a major competitor at this point and I will likely be meeting with them shortly and making an equivalent purchase with them, which will provide the earliest dividends possible to investors.

Post at BFL Forums: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-business-directory/3712-lab-rat-data-processing-llc-labratmining-official-announcement-3.html#post47502

The asset will likely be going live tonight, given I can get ahold of Ukto.  The bonds will not be listed tonight, but rather Wednesday 7/17/2013 at 8AM Eastern Time (UTC -05:00) in full.  This will provide the opportunity for individuals to put up buy orders to secure bonds if they do not have the option to make a purchase at that time.

Everything is now finalized and ready to go 100%.

Below you will find the details listed on the asset, <url to asset once Ukto gives the go ahead>

Summary:

Bonds:
Each 1 bond of LabRatMining represents a portion of the total hashrate owned and operated by LabRatMining.

This initial amount is guaranteed to be a minimum of 100MH/s per bond, but with future installments of the company the hashrate per bond will also increase.  Depending on the speed at which the initial offering of bonds is completed, the 100MH/s estimate could raise rather quickly.

The current estimate for hashrate following the third installment of the company is over 200MH/s per bond.

Dividends:
Dividends are to be paid out weekly on Saturdays around 12 noon (Eastern Time UTC -5:00)

Dividends are to be paid out in the full amount with 0% fees (no fees for power, hosting costs, etc.)

Voting Rights:
Bondholders in LabRatMining do not have explicit voting rights, but concerns and questions will be heard and tended to.

Bondholders Terms/Benefits:
•   These bonds are not attached to any BTC exchange in any way, shape, or form and will remain in the bondholder’s possession in the event of an exchange dissolving or LabRatMining separating from that exchange.
•   No fees will be placed upon the dividends that are to be paid out to bondholders for electricity or hosting.  100% payout of the hashrate the bonds represent will be paid in full to the bondholders.
•   In the event of new technology, making this operation obsolete, an upgrade option will be presented to bondholders in an attempt to keep them valid within the mining community.  Company funds will be used to subsidize new investments.
•   We are NOT including a forced buyback policy for shares or bonds like that of many other mining companies in an attempt to scam individuals into purchasing hardware for them.
•   LabRatMining reserves the right to adjust the price and/or quantity of bonds being offered for new sale at any point in time.

Description:

Lab Rat Data Processing, LLC
LabRatMining

Official Release
Lab Rat Data Processing, LLC, a NJ company, operating under the trade name, LabRatMining is a company that will be operating as a mid to large scale miner for Bitcoins paying out dividends/returns to bondholders.  Each bond in the company represents a portion of the overall hashrate owned and managed by LabRatMining.  LabRatMining plans to expand mining operations to maintain a presence in the mining community for years to come.

Bond Structure – It is intended 100,000 bonds will be sold during the initial offering.  These bonds represent the hashrate that these machines produce rather than the hardware itself.  This allows for control of the company without taking mining profits from investors and bondholders.  Future bond offerings of the company will be funded by intended additional sales in increments of 50,000 bonds.  These bonds will be nonrefundable and non-callable as per traditional bonds.

Public Offering – 100 000 bonds will be made available to the public.  The bonds will be tiered in value beginning at 0.15BTC/bond with each consecutive 20 000 being 0.01BTC higher.
20 000 bonds @0.19BTC
20 000 bonds @0.18BTC
20 000 bonds @0.17BTC
20 000 bonds @0.16BTC
20 000 bonds @0.15BTC

This 100 000 bond count being issued during the initial sale of bonds is slightly shortened due to a few(7) initial investors who were sold bonds before the initial offering to the public, to provide proof of interest to Ukto.  These bonds are being sold initially from the bonds being offered at 0.15BTC.

These prices are first come first serve, and the prices are not guaranteed to any individual purchaser.  By placing a buy order for a mining bond, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions contained herein.  That includes that your order will be processed based upon the order in which it's received and there is no guarantee to any individual investor that they will receive any specific purchase price listed above.  Orders will be filled based upon the lowest available price of the bonds which may necessitate a particular purchase order to be divided between bonds of different values.

Dividends/Bond Value – Each bond will receive a minimum of 100MH/s* worth of mining profit in dividends/returns (all dividends are intended as contractual returns based on investments and may simply be referred to as dividends for future purposes) on a weekly basis.  The first payout will be at the end of the second full week mining.  If the entire 100 000 bond initial offering is not sold immediately, bonds will represent an equivalent portion of the processing power included in the operation at that time.  If it occurs that multiple installments of hardware are required to fulfill the public offering’s expected hardware, the earnings of each installment will begin to be paid out in dividends on the second full week of each installment.  Dividends will be paid out on Saturdays ~12 noon Eastern Time(UTC -0500.)

*Plans for Expansion – It is intended the initial sale of bonds will result in at least 10TH/s being controlled and paid out by LabRatMining on a weekly basis.  The 10TH/s current estimate is subject to increase depending on the speed at which the public offering is completed allowing for further expansion.

The next installment will be offered up in bonds at the beginning of the week following completion of the initial offering.  This set of 50,000 bonds will be put up for sale @0.25BTC/bond or market value +-5% at the time of the bonds being issued, whichever is of greater value.  This installment will add at least 15TH/s to the companies mining operation, and with it will follow an increase in dividend payout to a minimum of 166.67MH/s per bond (this may increase depending on company expansion).  This not only gives the new investors an increase in dividend payment, but gives greater benefits to the initial and early investors.

It is intended the third installment will likely mimic the second installment thereby potentially increasing the company’s total hashrate to 40+TH/s which will in turn bump the dividend payout to 200+MH/s per share.  All the forgoing and following estimates presume a fully sold out bond/contract offering and returns for mining based on certain historical data for returns of similar operations.

It is intended installments in the operation will continue to occur which will provide more value to the company as well as more value to each individual bond as the company matures.  These expansions, if they occur, will likely grow the company and our mining capacity in size which will provide further expanded payouts in the form of dividends (or increased dividends to investors).  It is currently intended a portion of the money the company receives in revenue from bond sales and mining will be used to expand the operation which will further increase dividends per bond.  It is currently intended the company will be adding to the bondholders hashrate on a regular basis as the company expands so one should expect to receive greater dividends than those explained above.

LabRatMining is in no way attached to any hardware manufacturer at this time and has not pledged to continue to host a lone company’s hardware.  If, in due time, LabRatMining decides to become affiliated with a mining hardware producer or begin developing our own technology, we reserve that right.

Initial purchases will be, and have been, placed with Butterfly Labs, Inc.  We believe they currently have the most efficient hardware hitting the market.  However with existing and new companies continually coming out with newer, better, and more efficient hardware, our company will be dedicated to purchasing what we believe to be the best available product on the market at that time.  We reserve the right to determine at that time what we believe to be the best such available products for purchase.  At this time, in addition to current technologies available, we are investigating new technologies which have recently been announced to the public by BitFury.

Why LabRatMining?
LabRatMining is offering bonds at far less cost to bondholders than almost all, if not all bond issuers.  Some are issuing bonds at 7+BTC/GH/s whereas these bonds are being offered initially between 1 and 2BTC/GH/s.  This is three to six times as profitable as AsicMiner’s Block-Erupter USB devices already and it is intended these bonds will increase in hashrate per bond over time as an additional added bonus to the purchasers (although this is not guaranteed).  Lab Rat is providing a great service to those who either can’t host the equipment they would choose to mine with, or would rather not host.  The company and its owners are taking on substantial risk in this investment and managing these devices for an extended period of time.  The company is providing a service that will allow for ~100% up-time by having measures put in place to make sure that HVAC, electricity, Internet, a private pool, and a hosting location are always available for this operation.  The company will be tending to the hardware to keep it clean and running properly.  The company shall be responsible for dealing with hardware manufacturers regarding defective units in the event of a unit failure.

•   The bonds discussed above do not represent traditional bonds, but what are commonly known as PMB’s or Perpetual Mining Bonds.  Another commonly used term is Mining Contracts.  These bonds are not traditional bonds as offered by publicly traded companies. PMB’s are actually private contracts with anticipated returns based on investments into the company.
•   This is an announcement of the company and is not a final binding document regarding the IPO.  IPO terms will be released as the bonds become available for public trade.
•   Some initial investors have been secured, but no money has changed hands at this time or will until further notice.
•   A contract is being drafted to allow for purchase of bonds using USD, rather than BTC, which will be available at the time of release.  In order to initiate such transaction, you will have to contact me via one of the listed available methods.
•   This is a privately held, nonpublicly traded company. This company and the PMB's being offered are not regulated by any governmental entities including the SEC or any other agency or board.
•   Returns on investment are not guaranteed. All investments are speculative, subject to influences beyond the company's control and are nonrefundable unless agreed to by the company.
•   All investments are at the investor’s sole risk. You should not invest if you do not understand the investment.  By purchasing a PMB or Mining Contract you are acknowledging that you understand the investment, accept the risks inherent in any investments, and specifically the risks of this investment.

Bitcoin Disclaimer -- These bonds are being purchased in Bitcoin, and all dividends are paid in Bitcoin.  The purchaser understands what Bitcoins are and that they are not guaranteed to maintain any future value or even any value at all.  LabRatMining does not guarantee any such values, nor does it guarantee the future success or stability of Bitcoins.  These bonds are totally dependent upon the value of Bitcoins and are not otherwise secured by any asset of the company or the company itself.  In the event of any devaluation or total devaluation of Bitcoins, bonds may decrease in value, including a decrease in value to 0.00BTC or any fiat currency.  In the event of such an occurrence, bondholders have no right or claim to any assets held by LabRatMining.

Feel free to contact me via PM on BitcoinTalk or Butterfly Labs forums, by E-mail (rat.in.a.lab@gmail.com or labrat@labratmining.com ), or in any chat I am present with any questions or concerns you may have with me regarding this investment, or the company as a whole, and I will get back to you in a timely manner.

For the record.
||bit

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:25:37 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 09:36:48 AM by ||bit

Labrat. Please respond to these questions where answers are highly anticipated:

What is the current status of the hardware resources you've been working on? Were any bridges closed or burned?

Are you committed to LRM being an actual success?

Are you committed to keeping the spirit of the agreement you communicated and sold to everyone?
That spirit means you intend to continue to send out dividends in proportion to the growth of the whole company hash-rate, and maintain the same continual re-investment plan.
CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:27:01 AM

Lessons learned from last months:
 - Lab_Rat does not answer direct questions
||bit

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:48:50 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 06:59:23 AM by ||bit

Again I would like to apologize for this seeming like I'm randomly dropping this out of thin air.  I have had morality yanking on one arm and legality yanking on the other for the last 2-3 months.  This is not a new development, it is just becoming a finalized one though.

I don't understand. Where was there a moral vs. legal dilemma?

Legally, per documented oral agreements, you owe investors dividends that grow with the company. Nobody has been provided any legal documents produced by your lawyer. All that has been communicated is found in the forum. Some was on your website, but that has been modified greatly. The forum communication acts as an oral agreement, and it essentially translates to mean dividends per contract will grow with the company growth. And I don't think any bond holders actually care if you call them bonds or contracts or chicken-pot-pies, or whether you multiply to split bonds/contracts as the company grows to keep the dividend on par with the original bonds....as long as people receive the percentage that continually represent the same percentage of total mining hashrate per bond - as per the documented agreement in the forum - then I doubt you will get much of a complaint, if any.

Anyway, there is no moral v. legal dilemma found there.

Unless, you are referring to a kind of dilemma, like not communicating to people on this forum about stuff they would need (or really want) to know, but where you felt it was not ready officially.
||bit

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:14:47 AM

Again I would like to apologize for this seeming like I'm randomly dropping this out of thin air.  I have had morality yanking on one arm and legality yanking on the other for the last 2-3 months.  This is not a new development, it is just becoming a finalized one though.
Does Grnbrg know?
Yes, now he knows. I think they will not be anymore best friends Sad
And if he knew...well the word "rat" comes into my mind.

He knew ~ a week ago and didn't sell his bonds behind the scenes.  He understands because he knows me well enough to know I wouldn't do this unless I had to.

After looking at the matter at hand, based on what you've provided, why would Grnbrg even in theory want to sell on this news? It's not like you are saying you plan to stop growing LRM, or that you plan to stop increasing dividends with the growth of company hash-rate.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 07:59:15 AM

For what its worth, I get the impression LR is fully intending to "do right" by investors/customers - he is in a hard position and simply (in my mind) chose the wrong solution.

Compared to other companies LR has done very very well for us and after a brief personal exchange with him my genuine feeling is that it is his intention to continue doing so.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:29:31 AM

The only solution lab rat could come up with involved bond holders taking a hair cut.

Now the bonds are worthless the only thing left to do is drag this out and hope we forget.

Nice work lab Rat Wink

sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:33:56 AM

For what its worth, I get the impression LR is fully intending to "do right" by investors/customers - he is in a hard position and simply (in my mind) chose the wrong solution.

Compared to other companies LR has done very very well for us and after a brief personal exchange with him my genuine feeling is that it is his intention to continue doing so.

So he does respond to emails, just not the ones requesting his lawyers details. OK, got it. Thanks.
||bit

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:36:42 AM

The only solution lab rat could come up with involved bond holders taking a hair cut.

Now the bonds are worthless the only thing left to do is drag this out and hope we forget.

Nice work lab Rat Wink

I'm not sure I get it yet. What hair cut?
murmur

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:37:46 AM

I guess that's what you get investing in US companies these days. Sad development.
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: