Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451935 times)
elitenoob

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:42:41 PM

Message 'Proof of bonds'

HKxmHPh5R9KEgtX0bRv9/tgUdcPdlppWEosz2l7siARsyOaKJd9iphBpGcUC3RU1gXlP0fIYKKw0I/B34+ff0Jk=
yea and now we need the address this sig belongs to...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grnbrg

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Official LRM shill

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

Message 'Proof of bonds'

HKxmHPh5R9KEgtX0bRv9/tgUdcPdlppWEosz2l7siARsyOaKJd9iphBpGcUC3RU1gXlP0fIYKKw0I/B34+ff0Jk=
yea and now we need the address this sig belongs to...
It verifies.  And is in fact associated with around 100BTC of LRM bonds.  The public address can actually be derived from a signature, depending on the client.

It still doesn't change the fact that he's working from wild assumptions, and has no information other than what the rest of us have.

grnbrg.
rustyh17

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 08:50:20 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 09:01:30 PM by rustyh17

Verifies to:

1MWPSLU5QW5YnwztWxGgspzTMPxiAv8k3A

Edit: Found "The List." Sparky is a serious holder.
M31

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:50:59 PM

Lab Rat is doing fine.

There should be some gear rolling in this week (Most likely) and I expect Lab Rat (Zach) will come on and give a full breakdown once that starts happening.

I'm sure you said the exact same thing after the coinseed deal was announced too and everyone had questions. Zach never answered those Q's, never gave a break down of the deal. Can you guys not see how ridiculous this is? People are now concerned with zach's health because they can't think of any other reason for his lack if response. Well the reason is he doesn't give a fuck about LRM any more. May as well just write off my 100 bitcoin investment I guess. Just another joke bitcoin company

OK "Sparky" since you brought it up - post a signed message in this forum from the account that holds your bonds or STFU. You may notice that your tone is not mirrored here and is not appreciated. Keep it civil.

Message 'Proof of bonds'

Hey Sparky - there's not much point in freaking out here.  I have a similarly large amount invested as well, and I can understand how you feel about the lack of communication, but getting mad will not speed things up.  LR did say that this is the month when a good chunk of our new gear arrives, so let's get ready for some giant increases in hashing power and keep our cool for a little bit longer Smiley  

Whenever there's good news Lab_Rat all over this place, so I take it (thankfully, now that I know he's okay) that for the moment there's nothing to really speak of.  

How's this suggestion: instead of barraging LR with questions, why don't we attempt to arrange a weekly update?  I think an update, even one that contains nothing new, would go a long way.  I'm looking forward to some pics of our gear in their new setting! Smiley
ksenter

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:08:11 PM

Lab Rat is doing fine.

There should be some gear rolling in this week (Most likely) and I expect Lab Rat (Zach) will come on and give a full breakdown once that starts happening.

I'm sure you said the exact same thing after the coinseed deal was announced too and everyone had questions. Zach never answered those Q's, never gave a break down of the deal. Can you guys not see how ridiculous this is? People are now concerned with zach's health because they can't think of any other reason for his lack if response. Well the reason is he doesn't give a fuck about LRM any more. May as well just write off my 100 bitcoin investment I guess. Just another joke bitcoin company

OK "Sparky" since you brought it up - post a signed message in this forum from the account that holds your bonds or STFU. You may notice that your tone is not mirrored here and is not appreciated. Keep it civil.

Message 'Proof of bonds'

Hey Sparky - there's not much point in freaking out here.  I have a similarly large amount invested as well, and I can understand how you feel about the lack of communication, but getting mad will not speed things up.  LR did say that this is the month when a good chunk of our new gear arrives, so let's get ready for some giant increases in hashing power and keep our cool for a little bit longer Smiley  

Whenever there's good news Lab_Rat all over this place, so I take it (thankfully, now that I know he's okay) that for the moment there's nothing to really speak of.  

How's this suggestion: instead of barraging LR with questions, why don't we attempt to arrange a weekly update?  I think an update, even one that contains nothing new, would go a long way.  I'm looking forward to some pics of our gear in their new setting! Smiley

This is giving me bfl flashbacks.  Begging for, at least weekly, updates in the face of a stonewall of silence from the one person with answers and fud from everyone else.  Dunno if I can take another bfl, I think I'm going to stop watching this thread.
CumpsD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:17:58 PM

You really think in these 163 pages nobody has asked for that? Hell, even Labrat himself has said he would try to spend more time.
M31

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:19:28 PM

You really think in these 163 pages nobody has asked for that? Hell, even Labrat himself has said he would try to spend more time.

Yeah man.. I was just kinda subtly reiterating it..
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:20:00 PM

Exactly whenever there is good news he is all over this thread, so when he makes a huge announcement and then for over a month logs into bitcointalk regularly and doesn't say anything doesn't answer any questions and stops even posting details of the dividends - what is the logical conclusion?

Surely it is that things are not going well? I really don't think I'm being illogical here at all.
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:48:40 PM

Exactly whenever there is good news he is all over this thread, so when he makes a huge announcement and then for over a month logs into bitcointalk regularly and doesn't say anything doesn't answer any questions and stops even posting details of the dividends - what is the logical conclusion?

Surely it is that things are not going well? I really don't think I'm being illogical here at all.

Thanks for stepping up and verifying..... I respect that you are upset. Its your assertion Zach doesn't give a shit anymore that I have a problem with. I am very confident that is not the case and this confidence is not solely due to my natural tendency to pollyannish blind optimistic Canadian nicety. Bargraphics, grnbrg and others are directly involved and this supports my confidence and patience. What I, like you, do not have patience for is an utter lack of communication of any kind. In the absence of information it is normal to assume..... I chose to assume glass half full so far.

A statement that Zach doesnt care anymore is FUD..... no more FUD please - for your own sake more than mine based on your holdings.
sparky999

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:51:58 PM

He gets a new job and immediately ceases all communication to bond holders of LRM - I think my assumption is pretty reasonable.

He either doesn't care or has some legal trouble that is preventing him from posting those are the only two reasonable assumptions in my opinion.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

A statement that Zach doesnt care anymore is FUD..... no more FUD please - for your own sake more than mine based on your holdings.

that statement is as much FUD as the statement "LRM is sustainable" is FUD. There really is no data either way. The burden of proof is on LR, and proving the project is sustainable is what investors/customers are paying him to do. He's not just getting paid to install mining hardware. He's a CEO, but he acts more like someone that really likes mining hardware and not financial statements, projections, corporate accountability, and accounting.

Nothing about the coinseed deal nor the secret ASIC project has been presented at all that shows if it is a good or bad deal for LRM. We know it's a great deal for LR (he got a job and he gets paid on hashrate regardless of whether the company fails), but no one knows if it's a good deal for LRM.
sparky999

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:00:43 PM

that statement is as much FUD as the statement "LRM is sustainable" is FUD. There really is no data either way. The burden of proof is on LR, and proving the project is sustainable is what investors/customers are paying him to do. He's not just getting paid to install mining hardware. He's a CEO, but he acts more like someone that really likes mining hardware and not financial statements, projections, corporate accountability, and accounting.

Nothing about the coinseed deal nor the secret ASIC project has been presented at all that shows if it is a good or bad deal for LRM. We know it's a great deal for LR (he got a job and he gets paid on hashrate regardless of whether the company fails), but no one knows if it's a good deal for LRM.

Thank you
BKM

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

Not sure why you are suggesting that I have said LRM is sustainable by asking for less FUD. Perhaps somehow requesting no more FUD is FUD in your perception..... I'll leave you to the results of your own perspective.

Sparky stated something to the effect that Zach "does not give a fuck anymore". I have no proof that he does or does not other than the continued dividends. I will await evidence prior to capitulating to despair. If it is your preference to capitulate now then sell your bonds and move on.

As of this writing I note that neither you nor Sparky have bonds posted for sale - perhaps this is proof that you prefer to rant rather than walk. Rant away..... I shall respond no more.
MaxwellsDemon

Activity: 187
Merit: 109

Converting information into power since 1867

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:23:53 PM

If it is your preference to capitulate now then sell your bonds and move on.

As of this writing I note that neither you nor Sparky have bonds posted for sale - perhaps this is proof that you prefer to rant rather than walk. Rant away..... I shall respond no more.

Ranting is the opposite of capitulation. Ranting has a small chance of increasing the value of our bonds in the long run, while walking away now means accepting a loss.
Walking away only makes sense if you're sure that the bond value will decrease in the future, no matter what we do and how hard we try to improve LRM's management. If that's what you believe, there really is no point in ranting.

Hence, ranting actually implies you have faith in LRM's future and want to improve its chances.

While I disagree with Sparky's tone (and I have great faith in LabRat all around), raising legitimate concerns should not be discouraged.

We're hunting for Leviathan, and Bitcoin is our harpoon.
sparky999

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:28:42 PM

I have never said I think the bonds are worth less than .03 which is what I could get if I sold now. That doesn't make any of lab rats behavior over the last month acceptable. If he had not logged into bitcoin talk in the last month I would be a lot more understanding but that is not the case he is choosing to ignore us for a reason and that is not ok with me and I am stunned you guys think its fine. If he had even continued to just post dividend details I would be a lot less frustrated but this wall of silence is deafening.
sparky999

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:33:42 PM

Can anyone offer up a plausible reason for his behaviour?
BKM

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:36:30 PM

Ranting is the opposite of capitulation. Ranting has a small chance of increasing the value of our bonds in the long run, while walking away now means accepting a loss.
Walking away only makes sense if you're sure that the bond value will decrease in the future, no matter what we do and how hard we try to improve LRM's management. If that's what you believe, there really is no point in ranting.

Hence, ranting actually implies you have faith in LRM's future and want to improve its chances.

While I disagree with Sparky's tone (and I have great faith in LabRat all around), raising legitimate concerns should not be discouraged.

Absolutely Agreed! You will note from my post history that I have raised the issue of lack of communication for some time. What prompted my response to Sparky was the statement as fact that Zach gives zero fucks now. We all need to keep on the topic of how the almost complete absence of direct communications with the bondholders is unacceptable. Communication is a process - not an event.
MaxwellsDemon

Activity: 187
Merit: 109

Converting information into power since 1867

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:50:54 PM

Absolutely Agreed! You will note from my post history that I have raised the issue of lack of communication for some time. What prompted my response to Sparky was the statement as fact that Zach gives zero fucks now. We all need to keep on the topic of how the almost complete absence of direct communications with the bondholders is unacceptable. Communication is a process - not an event.

Agreed.
Nevertheless, one cannot deny a certain equivalence between the rather poorly-phrased statement "Zach gives zero fucks now" and the following more accurate statement:

If he had not logged into bitcoin talk in the last month I would be a lot more understanding but that is not the case he is choosing to ignore us for a reason

Which, unfortunately, is spot on. It really does seem lately like the number of fucks he is giving is decreasing asymptotically towards zero Smiley

We're hunting for Leviathan, and Bitcoin is our harpoon.
rustyh17

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:12:19 PM

Grnbrg,

Would it be possible for you to put together a weekly summary including, but not limited to:

• A list of known hardware items that are on the horizon for LRM and projected timing,
  • A list of special projects that might affect hash rate and their projected timing,
  • A tally of total BTC/share paid back in dividends, and
  • Total ongoing bond count?

Perhaps then Zach can just plug in or give you answers/updates to this type of weekly report
without it taking more than a few minutes.
hamburgerhelper

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:36:27 PM

Well said.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: