Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451967 times)
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

What about the electric is that factored in also?

If its the same gpu 6x500w is 3000w  for 4.5mhs

The 500w is for the whole rig not just the GPU... each 7950 pulls around 200w each at full load.

All the $ amounts I quoted were using the after electric cost estimates.

Excited for today's distribution.

I've been thinking more about Scrypt mining (Litecoin specifically).  I am not sure it makes sense on a LRM scale anymore.

I used Coinwarz and put in a full BF rig for SHA256 mining + power usage (using current retail pricing) and put in an amount of KH/s for Scrypt that could be gained from the same $ put into GPU rigs and power usage based on my own rigs.  The result at this moment in time is Litecoin is only 111% as profitable as BTC.  Once you factor in the added cooling and power requirements for GPUs, it is probably a non starter.  Although, the drop off in profitability would probably be significantly less and I still doubt we'll see working ASICs in Scrypt that can compete in price and performance to GPUs for at least another year.  To maximize Scrypt profitability, LR would have to go chasing altcoins around or pick one of the better alts to focus on.  No time for that mess, so LRM should probably just focus on BTC now.  The other concern would be can he convert one coin to another to distribute as BTC or not without stepping outside of his legal bounds.  My gut tells me no.

In the future, if LR gets more time on his hands, it might not be a bad idea to look into it as a means to diversify and perhaps balance out some bad weeks of btc with good weeks of an alt.  I personally would not mind getting distributions in BTC and some other coin.  There are at least a few alts that are at the moment promising.

I don't think the cooling and power requirements take as much out of the profit as you think. If LTC is 111% more profitable than BTC on a $ invested basis, then accounting for cooling and electricity might take it down to 100% - just a quick guesstimate. I'll also guesstimate that you can ROI on LTC in about 4 months, if not sooner. That figure will migrate towards ~10 months, which is where I think BTC mining with GPU's started to reach equilibrium (i.e. miners didn't seem to come on-board as much or stay on-board as much with that duration to ROI). Buying and holding has historically been the biggest winner... but I still think there is opportunity with LTC mining using GPU's, despite the supposed coming LTC asic.

A single Radeon 7950 at ~700KH/s @ ~500w (I have it in my server that is always on so lots of HDDs,fans and CPU usage etc.) churns about $10 a day on Multipool.us. Depending on my mood and estimates, I also choose to point at Grandcoin or Megacoin exclusively and can net twice that if I wait to cash to BTC at an appropriate time frame. With that said, after power costs and the cost of just the GPU... a 35-45 day ROI on a $300-$400 GPU is totally possible at current BTC prices.

I have a 6 GPU rig spec'd that runs almost $1500 and would hash at ~4.2MH/s on scrypt and could pull down right at $60 per day on Multipool.us and even more on Grandcoin/Megacoin depending on the rates and difficulties. That ROIs in less than 30 days at current rates.

I was being intentionally conservative with my ROI figure. Fudge factoring in a generous difficulty increase. The conclusion I would be the same: I would consider it still an opportunity.

I understand... but in the scrypt world... we aren't dealing with a difficulty increase like BTC does... even LTC doesn't deal with this... pretty much all scrypt coins fluctuate up and down in difficulty at any given time. There are so many more options to swap what you are mining to chase better profits here vs. BTC and SHA256d coins. this is why Multipool.us has seen hashrates ranging from 1.2GH/s to 2 GH/s on scrypt in the last week... up from the 600-800 MH/s they had before the [rice jump in coins.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:56:35 PM

Divs were paid out. How much were people paid per bond?

...and how do they compare to a per bond calculated expectations? Calculate:

(25TH @ Difficulty 908,400,000 @ 5.5 days * 0.75) / 57350 bonds?

I come out with an estimate of:

(BTC104.125 * (5.5/7) * 0.75) / 57350 bonds =  BTC0.00106991/bond

If my bond # has been updated, then I show 0.00076112545 / bond.  Of course, at this time of day I'm somewhat prone to error.

That appears to be the same number I came up with.

About 25% below calculated expectation. Unless there was a lot of bad luck, that isn't representative of 25TH @ 5.5 days. Looks more like ~ 25TH @ 4.2 days.
Frankthechicken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:58:13 PM

I've been thinking more about Scrypt mining (Litecoin specifically).  I am not sure it makes sense on a LRM scale anymore.

I used Coinwarz and put in a full BF rig for SHA256 mining + power usage (using current retail pricing) and put in an amount of KH/s for Scrypt that could be gained from the same $ put into GPU rigs and power usage based on my own rigs.  The result at this moment in time is Litecoin is only 111% as profitable as BTC.  Once you factor in the added cooling and power requirements for GPUs, it is probably a non starter.  Although, the drop off in profitability would probably be significantly less and I still doubt we'll see working ASICs in Scrypt that can compete in price and performance to GPUs for at least another year.  To maximize Scrypt profitability, LR would have to go chasing altcoins around or pick one of the better alts to focus on.  No time for that mess, so LRM should probably just focus on BTC now.  The other concern would be can he convert one coin to another to distribute as BTC or not without stepping outside of his legal bounds.  My gut tells me no.

In the future, if LR gets more time on his hands, it might not be a bad idea to look into it as a means to diversify and perhaps balance out some bad weeks of btc with good weeks of an alt.  I personally would not mind getting distributions in BTC and some other coin.  There are at least a few alts that are at the moment promising.

I don't think the cooling and power requirements take as much out of the profit as you think. If LTC is 111% more profitable than BTC on a $ invested basis, then accounting for cooling and electricity might take it down to 100% - just a quick guesstimate. I'll also guesstimate that you can ROI on LTC in about 4 months, if not sooner. That figure will migrate towards ~10 months, which is where I think BTC mining with GPU's started to reach equilibrium (i.e. miners didn't seem to come on-board as much or stay on-board as much with that duration to ROI). Buying and holding has historically been the biggest winner... but I still think there is opportunity with LTC mining using GPU's, despite the supposed coming LTC asic.

A single Radeon 7950 at ~700KH/s @ ~500w (I have it in my server that is always on so lots of HDDs,fans and CPU usage etc.) churns about $10 a day on Multipool.us. Depending on my mood and estimates, I also choose to point at Grandcoin or Megacoin exclusively and can net twice that if I wait to cash to BTC at an appropriate time frame. With that said, after power costs and the cost of just the GPU... a 35-45 day ROI on a $300-$400 GPU is totally possible at current BTC prices.

I have a 6 GPU rig spec'd that runs almost $1500 and would hash at ~4.2MH/s on scrypt and could pull down right at $60 per day on Multipool.us and even more on Grandcoin/Megacoin depending on the rates and difficulties. That ROIs in less than 30 days at current rates.

A single card in a server of course skews the comparison a bit but, I'll add my setup as an example.  6x sapphire 7950's, 3800 kh/s at 1375W (including 14" honeywell fan).  I'm currently assembling another 6 x 7950 rig but expect similar to better results.  The ASIC quality on a few of the sapphires is subpar.  I run my cards at 1000mv and tweak each core clock individually so I end up having clocks ranging from 995 to 1070mhz.
||bit

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:01:36 PM

A single card in a server of course skews the comparison a bit but, I'll add my setup as an example.  6x sapphire 7950's, 3800 kh/s at 1375W (including 14" honeywell fan).  I'm currently assembling another 6 x 7950 rig but expect similar to better results.  The ASIC quality on a few of the sapphires is subpar.  I run my cards at 1000mv and tweak each core clock individually so I end up having clocks ranging from 995 to 1070mhz.

Where are you finding 7950 cards? I haven't built any rigs, but investigated a bit... and everywhere I've seen they are sold out...except maybe one or two on ebay.

By the way, I recently saw in Fry's (an electronic department store) a computer advertised with an AMD 8000 series GPU. So, I guess they are coming soon.
MaxwellsDemon

Activity: 187
Merit: 109

Converting information into power since 1867

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:04:44 PM

If my bond # has been updated, then I show 0.00076112545 / bond.

...which is almost exactly what we got a month ago, on Nov. 16th.
This time it wasn't a whole week, so the comparison is a little off, but still - it's infuriating how fast you have to run just to stay in the same place.

We're hunting for Leviathan, and Bitcoin is our harpoon.
daemonfox

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:05:24 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 08:15:29 PM by daemonfox

If my bond # has been updated, then I show 0.00076112545 / bond.  Of course, at this time of day I'm somewhat prone to error.

About 25% below calculated expectation. Unless there was a lot of bad luck, that isn't representative of 25TH @ 5.5 days. Looks more like ~ 25TH @ 4.2 days.

I ran this just using coinwarz calcs with no electric costs to get an idea of what 5.5 days @ 25TH and 1.5 days at 5 TH would yield in  total. I got 83.04845 BTCs.

83.04845 X .75 / 57350 = 0.0010860738884045 per bond.

Actual payout for me was  0.00532788 / 7 bonds = .0007611257142857143 per bond.

That's about a 30% loss from expected average.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
daemonfox

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:07:06 PM

Where are you finding 7950 cards? I haven't built any rigs, but investigated a bit... and everywhere I've seen they are sold out...except maybe one or two on ebay.

By the way, I recently saw in Fry's (an electronic department store) a computer advertised with an AMD 8000 series GPU. So, I guess they are coming soon.

Thought all the 8000s were just the APU embedded GPU cores...

The R9s are the new cards out now.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
daemonfox

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:09:52 PM

Which 7950 do you have?

I have the OC Boost which nets just at 700KH/s and never breaks 75C... this is my bat for MP...

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

cgminer.exe -d 0 --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.in:7777 -u  -p  -I 20 --thread-concurrency 21712 -g 1 --gpu-engine 1200 --gpu-memclock 1800 --gpu-vddc 1200 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-fan 90 --temp-cutoff 80 --scan-time 1 --queue 4 --no-submit-stale

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
||bit

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:13:47 PM

I ran this just using coinwarz calcs with no electric costs to get an idea of what 5.5 days @ 25TH and 1.5 days at 5 TH would yield in  total. I got 83.04845 BTCs.

83.04845 X .75 / 57350 = 0.0010860738884045 per bond.

Good call. I forgot to add in the 1.5 days @ 5TH. I'll update my post.
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:20:28 PM

yep...

0,000761125BTC per Bonds.

Remember, Monday was a day with a diff at 707,408,283...

According to BitcoinWisdom, 25TH/s bring daily ~ 13.84BTC at diff 908,350,862.

So :

- 1 day at 707,408,283 : ~17.77BTC
- 4.5 days at 908,350,862 : ~ 62.28BTC ( 13.84*4.5)

(62.28+17.77)*0.75 = ~60.03BTC

60.03/57451 bonds = ~ 0,00104489BTC...

Sorry but something is wrong....my math or...  Huh

Because 0,000761125BTC per bonds is ~43.72BTC for 5.5 days after the 25% cut...
||bit

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:24:45 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 08:38:14 PM by ||bit

yep...

So :

Don't forget to add in the 1.5 days before @ 5TH.

I just left Monday at 908,400,000 ... and even still come out with about 33% below expectation!
Ashitank

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:33:00 PM

I hope we get more hardware hashing for us soon because right now dividends are not really that great  Sad
||bit

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:40:34 PM

Labrat.

Would you describe how our calculations are amiss? We are coming out with 30% to 33% below a calculated expected dividend. Was it bad luck? or Was the 25TH not mining for 5.5 days but rather something like 4 days?

Please double-check the dividend math on your end.
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

yep...

So :

Don't forget to add in the 1.5 days before @ 5TH.

I just left Monday at 908,400,000 ... and even still come out with about 33% below expectation!

Yes...

I really hope LabRat come here explain why the dividends are below the average calculation...something is wrong.
||bit

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:47:04 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 09:22:02 PM by ||bit

Labrat. Make sure your calculator wasn't set for decimal and not octal!
bigasic

Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:17:17 PM

yes,I was very disappointed with the dividends. I was planning on 30 to 50 percent more. We gave up a few weeks of dividends. Im trying not to complain, but when I get less than what was told to me, its obvious that im not going to be terribly happy.

Id like to know how much extra power was purchased during the time we gave up our dividends. When we made the decision, the bitcoin was sub 200, now its hovering 1k, Those coins should be buying us a ton of hashing power.

Maybe someone could explain how the numbers worked out. if it makes sense, then i guess i have to live with it, if it doesnt make sense, I still have to live with it, lol....
||bit

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:23:43 PM

Does anyone here know where to view the pool labrat is mining? It would resolve the many questions. Transparency was suppose to be important to maintain.
countduckula

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:23:50 PM

Considering what they yielded today and a guesstimate of the past 2 previous weeks, i guess the total was over 200 bitcoins, about 170-180k cash, with the knc 3th going for 13k, thats about 41 th if you were to buy those, in this case he claims he had "put the right words that i dont recall" deal, so i guess its more?
bigasic

Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

If I recall, there was more than 2 weeks mined. He just "officially" started the 2 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago, I believe he was receiving equipment to mine with before, I think that the mining without our dividends is actually closer to 3-4 weeks, but not all of it was up and running during the first week, I think..

I just wish things were more transparent.. If your running an honest operation (which I think and hope Lab rat is doing) being transparent should be the first thing one should do. It will explain things like this....
sparky999

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:32:04 PM

Considering what they yielded today and a guesstimate of the past 2 previous weeks, i guess the total was over 200 bitcoins, about 170-180k cash, with the knc 3th going for 13k, thats about 41 th if you were to buy those, in this case he claims he had "put the right words that i dont recall" deal, so i guess its more?

He said the coins should by 'many many mnay multiples' of what we have right now so in my estimation that is at minimum 3x what we have but more likely 4x which would take us to 100Th.

The bigger question is when will that hardware get here if it's in the next week or so then great but if it's end of Jan then I think we are in trouble.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: