Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:59:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as payment system  (Read 5963 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:54:05 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is one of the best ways to invest your money. However, we know that Satoshi wanted to change money as we know it rather than new investment model.

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

And how do you see it's future?

Of course, if bitcoin is the time to become a valid payment instrument why not. Many of the convenience we also get from bitcoin if it really becomes a means of payment, and of course more transparent transactions.
I think before becoming a currency used by many bitcoin people have to make improvements on the fee and speed of transactions, high fees make many users are reluctant to use bitcoin as currency, let alone slow transaction speed, of course users prefer fiat currency,,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:02:38 PM

Would love to see Bitcoin being used as it was intended by Satoshi, at the present time this rather seems like a dream though. People are looking at Bitcoin more like a commodity and not as a means of payment. Hopefully this will change at some point in the future, when Bitcoin reaches a stable price.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:03:37 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is one of the best ways to invest your money. However, we know that Satoshi wanted to change money as we know it rather than new investment model.
It is treated as the modern day gold or the digital gold of this era. Satoshi wants to do oppose of what the government is trying to gain control with transactions and financing.

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system?
What do you think of the legendary 10,000 BTC for 2 pizzas? Isn't bitcoin used that way?

Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided
It will stay as it is but what's with the bubble? You are one a bubble bitcoin believer?  Undecided it will not pop and bitcoin is not a bubble.

The future of bitcoin is going to be one of the most historical in terms of finances, the gov't will do something for the people to get out of it but they will fail.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 11:10:13 PM

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

I think bitcoin would be mire stable in the future specially when it reached its market cap. I guess if it is a bubble then it would have blown up this year, so I think bitcoin will stay and will be a better currency as a mode of payment in the future than an investment opportunity.

dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:13:47 PM

Not feasible as of now, you should know the things about the previous replies posted here like transaction fee, transaction speed, and volatility. So, most of us usually used this crypto for investment purposes and occasionally used for payment. You'll definitely find it hard to buy something with bitcoins

retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 11:21:43 PM

I see the advantages bitcoin is a combination of fiat and gold. bitcoin can be used as currency and investment. because of the issue of legality, bitcoin is currently used more as an investment, except in certain countries that have legalized it. in the future, I am sure that bitcoin will be an alternative payment besides the accepted fiat around the world.

Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:22:55 PM

I think Bitcoin will prevail as a payment method. A lot of people are focusing on Bitcoin price, but Bitcoin is still a good technology. It is the best system out there for payment transactions and store of value (in other words, currency).

You don't need to register, you just need a secret number to receive bitcoins. A lot easier then other payment methods.
You own your money and no government can take it from you with inflation or a failure of banks.
It is decentralized and open source, so it is secure and private. Security of every Bitcoin transaction is independent and of each other and at highest level.
In other payment methods, you hack one entity and you hacked all their users. (Paypal just had a breach this Friday).

It is simply objectively the best. Fairest, fastest, easiest to use, private and most secure. It isn't just the best, it is 10 times better then anything out there.
That's true! We can't step twice in a river. We have to go with the trends. Bitcoin is not a risky, we have not to worry that our money that we invest will fly someday. Bitcoin made for us to have easy, fast and secured payment and transactions. Bitcoin makes our future better.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:26:02 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is one of the best ways to invest your money.
Despite being the riskiest, i think its currently best of the best

However, we know that Satoshi wanted to change money as we know it rather than new investment model.
Besides being used as a payment system I think Satoshi wanted to give people financial freedom by liberating us from a system that he believed was broken, expensive and ineffective in service delivery.

If bitcoin prices go to the moon it makes more sense to keep it as an asset, a store of value like gold and this is where we might be going in the future.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:27:56 PM

I think that btc can`t be used as payment system anymore and it will become an asset and reserve for other cryptocurrencies such as gold which is the reserve for fiat currencies.
imamimam1234

Activity: 316
Merit: 101

The Winner Stands Alone

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:31:30 PM

No. I don't think bitcoin as a payment today because bitcoin's bubble, it's more valuable as an investment. If you are going to use bitcoin as a payment system. I see it people will spend it after keep it till the rate so high. Today's rate $13k, it does mean even tho you have 0.05 it is really precious you can use or spend bitcon as a payment like a king. Cheesy
Tadblt

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:34:49 PM

Bitcoins payment system is one of the best payment system because having a transaction using bitcoin is way easier than the paper moneys.
However, bitcoins also have cons and pros to be monitored too and that could be the main matter that i see in the near future.
It could also let the individuals around the world to trade and have deals easily as it is compared to the actual money that we use.
I see the future bitcoin as one of the most used currency in the future but, it wont replace the paper money.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:35:55 PM

Not feasible as of now, you should know the things about the previous replies posted here like transaction fee, transaction speed, and volatility. So, most of us usually used this crypto for investment purposes and occasionally used for payment. You'll definitely find it hard to buy something with bitcoins

I agree with you about the problems such as transaction speed, price volatility and high fees. But I think in future with solving these problems, a blockchain based system will be used all over the world.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:55:03 PM

I agree with you about the problems such as transaction speed, price volatility and high fees. But I think in future with solving these problems, a blockchain based system will be used all over the world.

in addition to volality, bitcoin is still not legalized by many countries. only certain countries like Japan use bitcoin as currency. So bitcoin owners in countries that do not give legality to bitcoin can only use it as an investment, while for the payment activity is still not maximized.

adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:56:27 PM

Personally I still don't think we have enough merchants accepting Bitcoin for it to be called a 'currency' per se. Yes it can  be changed to money and all but I'm talking a kit actually using it to buy stuff directly

Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:58:58 PM

Bitcoin is an open and independent system and everyone can use it for whatever he likes. Whether you use it as a payment or deposit and withdraw system to online gambling sites or as a trading or investment option, it's up to you! Wink

Yes, Bitcoin is now useful in gambling websites. But you cannot use it for whatever you want. Can you buy an ice cream with Bitcoin? Do You know how much you must pay for fee?
reingelz09

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:01:47 AM

Methods of paying using bitcoins has already begun. Some establishments are already using bitcoin especially those who are internet basis establishments. Steam already used bitcoins as payments for example
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:02:13 AM

for now it's a bitcoin as a place for the most appropriate investment through the internet but in my country I can not use bitcoin for legal payments because my government still uses local money as a legitimate payment to make transactions, but one day I'm sure bitcoin will became the legitimate currency of my country
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:21:01 AM

In our country bitcoin is being circulated and used already as payment system by few establishments for years. To be honest I'm lil bit undecided whether it is a proper payment for everything since its very volatile with its price, but to define it as a commodity maybe better. But definitely bitcoin change everything nowadays but there's a lot to improve before it can be the best payment system in the world.
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:31:15 AM

It is indeed a great idea, to used bitcoin in payment system. It is quite hassle free and convenient somehow to used this type of virtual currency. Bitcoin as one of the payment method can be is such a great idea and useful to everyone.

oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:01:08 AM

For now I personally not suitable if bitcoin become a legitimate payment money .. because I appreciate the currency of my own country which we used to use for payment..
but it all depends on government policy how, because not all citizens can access bitcoin and use the way get it ..

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: