Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:00:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as payment system  (Read 5963 times)
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:11:13 PM

Not sure, but i think that BTC will not blow up near future. Guess, 2018 will bring us a huge growth of Bitcoin Roll Eyes
In my opinioin in coming 2018 bitcoin it will bring us a huge growth of bitcoin. Because of the demand and popularity. Bitcoin value is getting up in the future many of the investor will gain in high profit.

Well that is what we are all been waiting for. However with the high cost of fees and slow confirmation times. Bitcoin can't be used as payment system. The more the price goes up, the more it can't really be mass adopted because no one can really afford the high price.

Of course it will grow in 2018 as investments, everyone will gain profit, I mean huge profit, but regarding as mode of payment? I don't see it happening unless scalability is solved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:14:43 PM

Not sure, but i think that BTC will not blow up near future. Guess, 2018 will bring us a huge growth of Bitcoin Roll Eyes
In my opinioin in coming 2018 bitcoin it will bring us a huge growth of bitcoin. Because of the demand and popularity. Bitcoin value is getting up in the future many of the investor will gain in high profit.

Well that is what we are all been waiting for. However with the high cost of fees and slow confirmation times. Bitcoin can't be used as payment system. The more the price goes up, the more it can't really be mass adopted because no one can really afford the high price.

Of course it will grow in 2018 as investments, everyone will gain profit, I mean huge profit, but regarding as mode of payment? I don't see it happening unless scalability is solved.

its already more like an investment coin than payment system. even bch's fees are already over the limit of what you would pay daily in regular amount of txs. even $100k by the end of pow looks a little small

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:17:12 PM

The only way that bitcoin could be considered as a "real" payment system and almost accepted by almost all the merchants all over the world, is just if the fees are lowered.
Who is going to use bitcoin to pay more than forty dollar just for a single transaction? How are you going to buy a coca cola and a burger with a few of forty dollars?

yes, therefore bitcoin is not currently effective for micro payment due to large transaction fees. if the issue of transaction fee can be overcome, bitcoin can be a very effective alternative payment in the future.

naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:47:42 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is one of the best ways to invest your money. However, we know that Satoshi wanted to change money as we know it rather than new investment model.

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

And how do you see it's future?

yes as one good investment in addition to gold, bitcoin can also be an online payment tool for now, and it can be done in the country if they have legalized bitcoin currency
railsinvoices

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:37:32 AM

Bitcoin is a great currency to use online for transaction here to be done. In addition to what you’re saying, there is less probability this is a bursting bubble. It even turns out that bitcoin will grow much bigger and more stable.
gourish

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:38:40 AM

There are 3 main differences:

Decentralization
Decentralization
Decentralization
And some other minor differences.

“Decentralization” is a word most people don’t use every day, so they may not immediately get what it’s about, which is a shame. But you can’t even begin to understand the what and why of Bitcoin without understanding decentralization.

Quora credits are controlled by Quora. They are at complete liberty to issue and manage the currency however they want. If they want to inflate and depreciate it they can. If they want to impose restrictions they can. If they want to charge fees they can. If the Quora servers go down, Quora credits can’t be used. If something happens to Quora, bye bye Quora credits.

L$ are controlled by Linden Lab.

WoW gold is controlled by Blizzard.

PayPal$ are controlled by PayPal (and by US authorities, who control the US$ on which PayPal$ is based).

Bitcoin is decentralized. It is not controlled by any single entity, but by a p2p network using a shared protocol, to which anyone can join.

This fundamental property is what allows all the other features and advantages Bitcoin has, which you can go on and study now that you understand the root cause of it all.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:42:50 AM

In my opinion, it's currently used as an investment method more than a 'payment' currency...maybe that will change (hopefully soon) with lowering the Tx fees and speeding up Txs.
That said; I always believe it's not a bubble....its value will keep on rocketing to the moon (and maybe beyond) Smiley  

Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:55:20 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is one of the best ways to invest your money. However, we know that Satoshi wanted to change money as we know it rather than new investment model.

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

This is not actually a bad idea come to think of it. I think it is about time that we revolutionize the mode of payment in the world. We should move forward and innovate the FIAT system that we are comfortable with. I mean we learned to accept credit cards, right?
Prettyme

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:58:05 PM

If it is recognized and accept by the government of every country then bitcoin will use as a means of payment. So acceptance is a great factor to make bitcoin as a means of payment system.

TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:05:00 PM

for most bitcoin users, we would not mind if bitcoin becomes the universal transaction medium because we are already used to it and we are enjoying it,but for those who has never been using it may find it difficult.
Secondly,I don't think that will be feasible any time soon than the way its spreading steadily. Not everyone would be able to use this bitcoin if only it comes as note or coin.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:05:11 PM

This is not actually a bad idea come to think of it. I think it is about time that we revolutionize the mode of payment in the world. We should move forward and innovate the FIAT system that we are comfortable with. I mean we learned to accept credit cards, right?
I hope that the government will think of that the way we are thinking on it, we all know that bitcoin really is a good source of income for all of us since everyone can be an investors with a small capital to start up depending on the capability of one person, and I know that, that is the vision of the inventor to use bitcoin in investment and with any transactions.
googlebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:07:21 PM

the benefits of using Bitcoin as a payment system. This article will discuss the advantages for buyers and merchants to use Bitcoin as a payment system, and will also discuss escrow services, Bitcoin's future in trading, potential losses, and a summary of its benefits.
Liquid01

Activity: 109

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:09:11 PM

I think bitcoin is used as an alternative payment tool because it is not possible bitcoin the first transaction tool that replaces the money from each country, the japan state already apply it with all countries is not possible

Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:09:39 PM

yes as one good investment in addition to gold, bitcoin can also be an online payment tool for now, and it can be done in the country if they have legalized bitcoin currency

Not all country that do not legalize bitcoin doesn't mean that they can't use bitcoin as a way paying someone unless it is banned in their country. The thing about bitcoin is that it is aimed to be an online payment tool but it is not ready for that way of using. Bitcoin is not ready to be used with a lot of users and as you can see the network is having a congestion for a long time now.
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:11:08 PM

I want bitcoin to be one of the main payment system to be used worldwide. If goverment can put tax to bitcoin to make it legally to use in every country. Hopefully they fix some problem of bitcoin that are facing right now like the high transaction fees and the time of being confirmed.

Wagako

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:14:35 PM

Bitcoin is really the strongest cryptocurrency and many countries accept bitcoin as a means of payment therefore someday somehow bitcoin will be accepted by different countries.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Nana99

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:18:03 PM

it would be grat if Bitcoin accepted everywhere as payment system.
rhenrhen

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:23:34 PM

Seemingly, bitcoin will prevail in the future in my own opinion. This is a very much easier, more convenient and efficient type of payment system so I think many people will go into this.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

If it comes the national Payment system, that's great that's a big future of bitcoins if ever. That's convenient for us who already used it. At the same time we are earning when bitcoins is going up high. But of course there are disadvantaged side of it.
Baikalika Team

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:44:53 PM

I think bitcoin will stay like a big coin and some altcoins will be on the top also as paying methods. This is the new era of cryptocurrency and bitrcoin wouldn't be alone on this way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: