Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as payment system  (Read 5963 times)
stormivy14

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:13:00 PM

Bitcoin is already been used as an alternative for cash, it is a digital currency after all. It's potential as a cryptocurrency will certainly bring new and exciting results because it will being convenience to users and customers. Although it will be hard for governments to patronize or accept bitcoin as a payment system because it is not centralized. The fees for transaction will be increase too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:23:17 PM

Bitcoin has turned into a store of value more than a payment system. High volatility and high fees make it unsuitable as a currency. But it is fine as a store of value.

Lightofheaven

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:54:17 PM

i think BTC will still grow and grow for the next 2-5 years. and speaking about payment i hope the world apply it to them because it is so easy to pay through BTC
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:08:15 PM

It certainly wont blow up, because it is not a bubble, it had some drops but it has been stable for a longer time now. The only thing that makes me not use it as a currency are the enormous fees that have to be paid in order to get confirmed fairly fast. It is more an investment right now, many sites have stopped accepting Bitcoin and many people have stopped spending. Now we have more and more holders.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
EllaPonchik

Activity: 532

Dream of the Great

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:19:30 PM

I can only say that this future will be very convenient. The only thing I'm waiting for is the increase in transaction speed, than it will be faster the more everything is drawn to such a payment system.
accm092

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:36:05 PM

It's good that there are countries already that accept bitcoin as a payment because the charge that is putted there is not big however i think that the there are countries that won't agree the idea of using bitcoin as a payment system. So as long as there are countries that disagree with this idea bitcoin will stay as it is. Aside from that, people will choose tohold their coins instead of using it as their payment.

Here in Philippines some merchant is now accepting bitcoin as payment methods.
it's really good that you don't need to have credit card or cash when buying to merchant that accepting bitcoin.
I know that BTC here in our country are still growing and I'm  excited to know that some merchant are accepting bitcoin this 2018. Many people here in country are not yet decided getting involved in this world due to some risk or may be they just wanted to sure before going in.

Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:51:36 PM

I think thats nothing wrong if bitcoin will use as a payment system. Is this by using to pay for online shopping? Paymenr for retail stores online? Payment for bills? And hotels and orderinf in fast food? And some other ways in paying so that life could be easier. I think there is nothing wrong with that. At least people has plenty of options in payment and buying things. Lets be positive guys, we have to move forward in this life. I think this doesnt mean we will lose our physical money. These are some other options or ways in payment.
Jedie22

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:29:33 AM

I think thats nothing wrong if bitcoin will use as a payment system. Is this by using to pay for online shopping? Paymenr for retail stores online? Payment for bills? And hotels and orderinf in fast food? And some other ways in paying so that life could be easier. I think there is nothing wrong with that. At least people has plenty of options in payment and buying things. Lets be positive guys, we have to move forward in this life. I think this doesnt mean we will lose our physical money. These are some other options or ways in payment.

I agree to your opinion mate, but it's not easy to implement even one of your opinion. If you can try analyze the value of bitcoin is fluctuating which will affected the mode of payments. Let say earlier the price is so down which its easy to buy that is affordable and after several hours it will suddenly so high which some users can't afford to pay. Well, I would say there are a lots of factors to be considered which can't easily to be implemented that bitcoin is a mode of payment. Maybe, if the value of bitcoin is stable for long term, definitely it can easy to implement as mode of payments.
notclique

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:08:50 AM

If what you mean is online payment, then using bitcoin would be possible. As a paper currency it would still be a long way for btc to reach.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:55:51 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is one of the best ways to invest your money. However, we know that Satoshi wanted to change money as we know it rather than new investment model.

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

And how do you see it's future?

There's some sites who accept bitcoin as payment method. I heard there's some schools and restaurant who accept bitcoin but all are in abroad like in Australia and In America  Since i am not belongs to these countries so i have never use my bitcoins to pay there. I always convert my bitcoins in fiat before actually using it.  About the future people need to aware about it first , about 1% of population know about bitcoins and as many people knows and start using the bitcoins we shall see more growth in this.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:10:23 PM

Not sure, but i think that BTC will not blow up near future. Guess, 2018 will bring us a huge growth of Bitcoin Roll Eyes
In my opinioin in coming 2018 bitcoin it will bring us a huge growth of bitcoin. Because of the demand and popularity. Bitcoin value is getting up in the future many of the investor will gain in high profit.
Definitely the demand and popularity of Bitcoin is going up to the mark. The value of Bitcoin is growing. It is expected that in year 2018 the Bitcoin is used as payment system. At online shopping the bitcoin can be used for payment. The investors are hurry to buy Bitcoin as the price of Bitcoin is growing in high speed. The digital currency of Bitcoin is much popular than any other virtual currency. The demand of Bitcoin is
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:58:26 AM

Bitcoin is not only just digital money but also it is a great internet payment gateway. Bitcoins are fast growing and many countries have adopted bitcoin.
Yes true. But it is not many, it is only few. As still many countries do not or cannot comprehend in accepting cryptocurrency as their current currency. There are many things to consider before accepting it: 1) People - how will the people reflect on this, they would be confused if they not aware of this at first; 2) Economy - it will have a great impact to this, as it may improve or not, depending on how skillful the companies and other sectors that will be handling this.
Many businesses have used bitcoin to pay for transactions.
Hmm I'm not sure about this, many businesses? In fact there are still few of them.

Do you mean people?

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
dysbulias01

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:09:15 AM

Hello...

I think bitcoin couldn't be payment system regularly...
No
 Worry bout bubble pop up , i think it wont happens
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:14:38 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is one of the best ways to invest your money. However, we know that Satoshi wanted to change money as we know it rather than new investment model.

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

We are already using it as the payment system. For example we buy alt coins with BTC, in some public places BTC is also acceptable, social networks say that they will ad crypto currencies as payment method. And I pretend that crypto currencies will be more and more popular.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:19:35 PM

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

Bitcoins as a payment for online stores is already implemented on some websites like amazon, It only means that bitcoins is starting to be accepted in the community even though the market is volatile. Maybe in the future, We are going to have a credit cards that has a value of bitcoins and we can use it to swipe on a physical store for our payments.

LastRolling

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:59:03 PM

It is good when bitcoin is a part of our payment system, because we can pay bills faster than the past and we can transact easier to the other bitcoin holder.
kryptorian

Activity: 84
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:35:18 AM

How do you think, will we be using bitcoin as payment system? Or it will stay as it is and this bubble blow up one day?  Undecided

Bitcoins as a payment for online stores is already implemented on some websites like amazon, It only means that bitcoins is starting to be accepted in the community even though the market is volatile. Maybe in the future, We are going to have a credit cards that has a value of bitcoins and we can use it to swipe on a physical store for our payments.

I've never heard that Amazon is accepting Bitcoin now. Could you post a link proving that? People would scream and jump for joy if Amazon adopted Bitcoin as a means of payment for real, and Bitcoin price would instantly go through the roof. But I don't see anyone going wild, and neither is price skyrocketing.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:20:10 PM

Obviously Bitcoin nowadays is not used as it was intended to be used by Satoshi. Its looked at as a store of wealth for most and most people that are in Bitcoin are not willing to spend their Bitcoin to make daily purchases. I think as long as Bitcoin is still growing a lot in value this trend wont end. We need a more or less fix price for Bitcoin for it to become a real currency. Unfortunately the crypto markets have made nothing but a capitalistic financial instrument out of Bitcoin, although it was invented to fight the current financial system. Kind or paradox tbh. As long as prices are climbing Im also not willing to spend it when it could be worth double the next day. Thats just natural.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:21:41 PM

This is not so, there are better ways of investing, and this is not even related to the crypto world
Potchi

Activity: 191

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

Time will tell what will happen to Bitcoin, But as of now in some countries it is being used as a payment method thou its not world wide but soon it will be.  But as of now it is better to hold Bitcoin because of the price rapidly going up than using it to pay for something.

yes, I agree with you. there are many things that we need to do before we can use bitcoin as a payment method and if the government wants to apply bitcoin as a new payment method, they will need to prepare everything including to integrate their system with the blockchain. once this could be solved then we can use bitcoin as a payment system.
One of the problems that it will encounter when it happens is that it will a threat to thw government. They can actually blocked it as a system. Yes, it really is good but there are so many factors that it will not be successful  in the near future. It can be used in scamming and other illegal activities so i think it will be complicated.a

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: