Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1815

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:38:08 AM

Wait are you going to write support in for the Cairnsmore1 now that you have one? I still have 4 running but use MPBM, would love to have them all using Cgminer. Oh crud now I am derailing the thread. Simple yes or no will suffice haha.
Yes I got it yesterday.
Will be soon.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 12:41:16 AM

I guess this is the world we live in.  My team has been working 14 hour days trying to test and ship hardware to customers while also growing the mining operations.  I have been totally transparent in what is going on here as well as my plans and approach to dealing with challenges on multiple levels, while keeping it fair to the customers & investors.

In all other retail businesses, if a backordered situation exists, you will just wait.  I have taken steps to set aside hardware that will run on the behalf of customers in order to reduce their pain of waiting.  Of course I'm not running PPS at 7%, that's ridiculous.  Its PPLNS @ 3%.  If you have a problem with the pool fee, then let us know what your pool is and we'll make sure you get the 1 - 2% more coin.  If you want your share of NMC mined - whatever, send me an address.

Most of realize the situation, and are very thankful for your work, transparency, professionalism, and your efforts to do the right thing for all concerned.  

Perhaps psjw4450 should PM you for a refund if he is so unhappy and so concerned about making ROI.  Might be better for all concerned that way...  

Oh - that would mean an August rig freed up and available for sale, right?  Or a starter and 15 hashing cards??

Hey Redacted - you mentioned having some missing payment info and maybe a bad board - can your resend this info to me dave@megabigpower.com

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 12:43:17 AM

Kano -- I'm on your side re: cgminer, but you don't need to drag my rate estimation into the picture XD
When I say things like "That's probably a fluctuation on the high side" and "I should report it as 34500 +/- 2500" do you honestly think I haven't considered the vagaries of various speed estimates?

Ah, I guess I shouldn't have even replied to this because I know you just needed a conversational node to bring up your lack of access to hardware. Do you want ssh access to my bitfury? 'Cause you can have it if you want...
Yes it is as you said, why I replied to your post originally Smiley

... and I guess this reply will explain that I want hardware not remote access and why.

I've said this often before, but I want hardware to be able to support it ... and I'm not interested in providing free support to people who are using it to make a profit ... and I certainly don't want to be losing BTC to support hardware.

Interestingly enough, I haven't so far with any - and that list isn't small IMO: Icarus, BFL FPGA, ModMinerQuad, BlackArrow Lancelot, BFL SC, AsicMInerUSB, BitBurner, Klondike, I even finally got a Cairnsmore1 yesterday after all this time ... but not from Enterpoint

It really is all pretty straight forward, people provide hardware, and we add support for it to the master cgminer.
My annoyance with the ASIC chip companies is that they want to make a profit from us directly for providing support for their hardware i.e. they want US to pay for the support we do for THEIR hardware ... they profit from us and we lose BTC in the process.

This is true of the ASIC chip companies: Avalon, AsicMiner ... and BitFury now ... ... ... but I'm sure to the chagrin of many, not BFL with their first gen chip ...

With the BitFury hardware appearing, I finally had some BTC (thanks to BFL supporting developers) to consider paying for some hardware.
So seeing yet again, another company wanting US to pay for THEIR support I thought, OK, I'm screwed if I don't get some more hardware due to the way difficulty is rising ... I'll probably have to switch off everything in the near future unless I can keep a reasonable hash rate ... especially all the non-ASIC hardware that I run (now at a loss) to keep supporting it
So I asked one of them, for whom I had recently added something to cgminer at their personal request (for no BTC), to BUY hardware from them.
The answer ended up being no coz they considered cgminer support from us not necessary (ironic?) ... so I asked to buy chips, since there is a local BitFury DIY to me ... I got no reply ... odd ...
I also replied to Punin (... yes, replied, I didn't start that conversation ...) that I wanted hardware that would pay itself off in a month (i.e. I set a relative price I'd be willing to pay for it) so that I wasn't losing out doing the support ... I've got no reply since that either ...

So basically, it seems that getting cgminer support is of no interest to BitFury ...

The first DIY to actually get cgminer support may be BarnTech here in Sydney where I live, if he manages to actually get BitFury chips in the not too distant future ... though the 500% price jump in BitFury chips has me wondering what's going to happen next ...

So, yeah, I'm not really impressed much with BitFury now either ...

Kano I gotta ship customer units before I send you free hardware.

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 12:48:18 AM

would people please stop flaming. it is what it is and you're filling this thread with useless posts which wastes more of my time.  If you're in this buying onesie, twosie equipment purchases to try and make a 400% return you're obviously ill informed and shouldn't be spending your hard earned money on a zero sum product. Mining should and will always have the same problems and favor the earliest of adopters while punishing those who are late to the game.  If you can't risk the funds then you shouldn't it's as simple as that.  Things happen and you make the best of it.

Yeah. What he said. Dave is making the best decissions he can and is trying to make this whole thing work to the satisfaction of as many people as he can. If you don't like his decissions, don't buy from him anymore. But second guessing him will accomplish nothing. And bad mouthing people, that is just a demotivator.
Exactly.

Understand that my team is reading this forum and emails.  The kudos really keeps 'em going.  When they see you guys FUD'ing the thread its a serious demotivator.  I can only be a cheerleader for so long here.  The long days start to be a grind and people aren't as easy to motivate to work past midnight every night.  They all could be at home with their families instead of busting ass out here all week.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:02:27 AM

I guess this is the world we live in.  My team has been working 14 hour days trying to test and ship hardware to customers while also growing the mining operations.  I have been totally transparent in what is going on here as well as my plans and approach to dealing with challenges on multiple levels, while keeping it fair to the customers & investors.

In all other retail businesses, if a backordered situation exists, you will just wait.  I have taken steps to set aside hardware that will run on the behalf of customers in order to reduce their pain of waiting.  Of course I'm not running PPS at 7%, that's ridiculous.  Its PPLNS @ 3%.  If you have a problem with the pool fee, then let us know what your pool is and we'll make sure you get the 1 - 2% more coin.  If you want your share of NMC mined - whatever, send me an address.

Most of realize the situation, and are very thankful for your work, transparency, professionalism, and your efforts to do the right thing for all concerned.  

Perhaps psjw4450 should PM you for a refund if he is so unhappy and so concerned about making ROI.  Might be better for all concerned that way...  

Oh - that would mean an August rig freed up and available for sale, right?  Or a starter and 15 hashing cards??

Hey Redacted - you mentioned having some missing payment info and maybe a bad board - can your resend this info to me dave@megabigpower.com

Will do Dave.  Yvonne is handling the board replacement, so that's already taken care of.   I'll email the info about the BitPay issue.  Thanks.

You guys are head and shoulders above the competition - and if anyone doesn't believe that it, just ask me about my $50k worth of outstanding BFL single and MiniRig orders from November 2012.  And certain people are screaming about 6 business days ??
JaredR26

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:15:35 AM

So, in simple terms you can understand, by not delivering existing product, he is making 15 times the income than he would have if he had shipped them.

True we may have only made our actual mining income, or resold them for a greater profit that we could mine, we had no choice in the matter after his statements that retail would be delivered first.

His "compensation" of sending us BTC based on our hashrate is one sided as he stands to profit substantially more due to a failure in his supply chain and not delivering product he has on hand.

This is explicitly not true.  Dave does not own the 100TH mine, and is not going to be making anywhere near that kind of profit.  This is a matter of weighing the impacts between two different customers.  All of our customers are important.  But in one case we have a very slight impact that these customers get BTC-earned w/ boards-in-hand delays for a total of 900 GH/s(~$550 a day), and in the other case we have to bring offline nearly 15 TH/s(~$9,100 per day) of equipment owned by the other customer.  There is simply no way to balance that massive discrepancy in opportunity cost such that the right thing to do(for *all* customers) is to ship out individual hardware two weeks sooner.

Please understand we will ship the hardware as soon as it is feasible to do so, and the offers we have made thus far compensate you at the maximum possible earnings from the delay.
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:24:50 AM

There is always one in the bunch - someone who wouldn't be satisfied even if you sent their kits immediately, refunded all their money, AND posted a Youtube video of the whole staff being taken out and shot...  
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:33:40 AM

Wait are you going to write support in for the Cairnsmore1 now that you have one? I still have 4 running but use MPBM, would love to have them all using Cgminer. Oh crud now I am derailing the thread. Simple yes or no will suffice haha.
Yes I got it yesterday.
Will be soon.
Maybe you could ask Bitfury and Punin to lease a board for cgminer development.  EU / RU may have better luck with spare boards and kits. As Dave already mentioned, US Mainboard suppies have dried up.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:36:16 AM

would people please stop flaming. it is what it is and you're filling this thread with useless posts which wastes more of my time.  If you're in this buying onesie, twosie equipment purchases to try and make a 400% return you're obviously ill informed and shouldn't be spending your hard earned money on a zero sum product. Mining should and will always have the same problems and favor the earliest of adopters while punishing those who are late to the game.  If you can't risk the funds then you shouldn't it's as simple as that.  Things happen and you make the best of it.

Yeah. What he said. Dave is making the best decissions he can and is trying to make this whole thing work to the satisfaction of as many people as he can. If you don't like his decissions, don't buy from him anymore. But second guessing him will accomplish nothing. And bad mouthing people, that is just a demotivator.
Exactly.

Understand that my team is reading this forum and emails.  The kudos really keeps 'em going.  When they see you guys FUD'ing the thread its a serious demotivator.  I can only be a cheerleader for so long here.  The long days start to be a grind and people aren't as easy to motivate to work past midnight every night.  They all could be at home with their families instead of busting ass out here all week.

Dave : Any tentative ETA on when we can expect the starter kits. A ball park figure would do.
Will it be this sometime this week, next week or later than that.?

Thanks,

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:59:55 AM

So, in simple terms you can understand, by not delivering existing product, he is making 15 times the income than he would have if he had shipped them.

True we may have only made our actual mining income, or resold them for a greater profit that we could mine, we had no choice in the matter after his statements that retail would be delivered first.

His "compensation" of sending us BTC based on our hashrate is one sided as he stands to profit substantially more due to a failure in his supply chain and not delivering product he has on hand.

This is explicitly not true.  Dave does not own the 100TH mine, and is not going to be making anywhere near that kind of profit.  This is a matter of weighing the impacts between two different customers.  All of our customers are important.  But in one case we have a very slight impact that these customers get BTC-earned w/ boards-in-hand delays for a total of 900 GH/s(~$550 a day), and in the other case we have to bring offline nearly 15 TH/s(~$9,100 per day) of equipment owned by the other customer.  There is simply no way to balance that massive discrepancy in opportunity cost such that the right thing to do(for *all* customers) is to ship out individual hardware two weeks sooner.

Please understand we will ship the hardware as soon as it is feasible to do so, and the offers we have made thus far compensate you at the maximum possible earnings from the delay.

Then it should have been a fair and equitable compensation negotiated between both sides based on your apparent need to use our equipment that we paid for and have yet to be delivered. Maybe you should have offered additional H boards with delivery of the v2 M-boards (since any updated software seems to be for v2 M boards) or a equitable split of the income generated by the use of our paid for and available hardware.

Dave needs the M-Boards to produce more hashrate for 100TH->200TH, The boards were paid for by us who are affected and denied our property. Dave made a decision without consulting those who were affected. As far as 100TH, they are being compensated by doubling the hashrate to 200TH in the mine.

You need the M-Boards to mine, you failed to deliver in a timely fashion, not due to shortage of equipment (you already have them), it's due to DAVE making a decision to shift those resources to "100TH->200TH" mining.

Dave represents the 100TH->200TH entity. His decision is generating 15 times the compensation offered for the entity he represents.
He made specific representations that were relied upon to make purchasing decision (as per my previous post). Dave failed to deliver in a timely fashion. This would not be an issue if the boards were not actually available, the action of continuing to bring more rigs online (as per his public statements) for 100TH->200TH contradicts his public statements that all retail orders would be delivered prior to 100TH->200TH build up.

I find it interesting, he is putting you in the same position that he was in on his previous failed project. He's pulling a "Tom" and using you to respond what what he will not address directly.
Mobius

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:00:26 AM

There is always one in the bunch - someone who wouldn't be satisfied even if you sent their kits immediately, refunded all their money, AND posted a Youtube video of the whole staff being taken out and shot... 

Business is business.
JaredR26

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:07:32 AM

I find it interesting, he is putting you in the same position that he was in on his previous failed project. He's pulling a "Tom" and using you to respond what what he will not address directly.

Dave is not doing anything like that.  Dave is very busy working on deploying hardware and fulfilling obligations.  I am doing this of my own free will to take some of the load off of him, as I won't be able to help with the deployments until Sunday.

I am sorry that you and I cannot see eye to eye, and also sorry that you felt that my above negotiated offer of the theoretical maximum output was insufficient.  If you would like a larger cut from 100TH mine's output, I suggest you ask Tytus personally and/or pose a vote to the shareholders of 100TH mine, as our position with 100TH is limited to that of the hoster, deployer and operator, not an owner or decision maker.  Anything they agree to we will of course abide by.  As of now we feel that we have made the most fair offer we possibly can to provide for all of our customers.

You are also free to request a refund at any point and we will honor it without delay.  Thank you for expressing your concerns to us.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:22:02 AM

so is Jared an employee now or a spokesperson? how do we utilize him Cheesy

ok
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:23:49 AM

He's pulling a "Tom" and using you to respond what what he will not address directly.

Not a fair comparison. Tom's ASIC endeavor failed to launch.
Mobius

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:25:56 AM

Dave is not doing anything like that.  Dave is very busy working on deploying hardware and fulfilling obligations.  I am doing this of my own free will to take some of the load off of him, as I won't be able to help with the deployments until Sunday.

I am sorry that you and I cannot see eye to eye, and also sorry that you felt that my above negotiated offer of the theoretical maximum output was insufficient.  If you would like a larger cut from 100TH mine's output, I suggest you ask Tytus personally and/or pose a vote to the shareholders of 100TH mine, as our position with 100TH is limited to that of the hoster, deployer and operator, not an owner or decision maker.  Anything they agree to we will of course abide by.  As of now we feel that we have made the most fair offer we possibly can to provide for all of our customers.

You are also free to request a refund at any point and we will honor it without delay.  Thank you for expressing your concerns to us.

First, your offer was unilateral. As per your statement of a negotiated offer, you are acting as an official agent for megabigpower and your actions here are deemed as official and on the record.  Additionally I am a shareholder in 100TH->200TH mine, maybe you should have read the thread a bit more before jumping in.

I will not request a refund on the hardware you have embezzled, I do officially request specific performance for you to deliver all orders immediately as Time is of the Esence, as per what was offered and accepted in the terms of purchase as the public statements made by Dave (BuzzDave). I will expect delivery immediately via overnight shipping as I have already paid for it.
Mobius

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:27:39 AM

He's pulling a "Tom" and using you to respond what what he will not address directly.

Not a fair comparison. Tom's ASIC endeavor failed to launch.
He's pulling a Tom as he is not responding directly and using someone as a buffer who claims to be non-associated, yet makes representative statements as an agent.
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:28:52 AM

Ignored - a waste of time and effort.
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:35:54 AM

Dave is not doing anything like that.  Dave is very busy working on deploying hardware and fulfilling obligations.  I am doing this of my own free will to take some of the load off of him, as I won't be able to help with the deployments until Sunday.

I am sorry that you and I cannot see eye to eye, and also sorry that you felt that my above negotiated offer of the theoretical maximum output was insufficient.  If you would like a larger cut from 100TH mine's output, I suggest you ask Tytus personally and/or pose a vote to the shareholders of 100TH mine, as our position with 100TH is limited to that of the hoster, deployer and operator, not an owner or decision maker.  Anything they agree to we will of course abide by.  As of now we feel that we have made the most fair offer we possibly can to provide for all of our customers.

You are also free to request a refund at any point and we will honor it without delay.  Thank you for expressing your concerns to us.

First, your offer was unilateral. As per your statement of a negotiated offer, you are acting as an official agent for megabigpower and your actions here are deemed as official and on the record.  Additionally I am a shareholder in 100TH->200TH mine, maybe you should have read the thread a bit more before jumping in.

I will not request a refund on the hardware you have embezzled, I do officially request specific performance for you to deliver all orders immediately as Time is of the Esence, as per what was offered and accepted in the terms of purchase as the public statements made by Dave (BuzzDave). I will expect delivery immediately via overnight shipping as I have already paid for it.

Huh  They are giving you the same you would make with mining minus all other associated costs until they ship your hardware and you are still fussing? Bizarre.
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:39:14 AM

Yeah, and now he's going to try to play internet lawyer.  I have news for him - I own more shares of 100TH than he does, so he's outvoted.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1815

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:44:48 AM

So, yeah, I'm not really impressed much with BitFury now either ...

Kano I gotta ship customer units before I send you free hardware.
Yes Dave, I understand exactly what you mean by that ...

... you said you were going to ship CK hardware - not to me.

... and "IF" you consider it "free" hardware ... then "IF" I receive it, I will indeed treat it that way.

My question to you, regarding hardware, was to consider selling some to me
(since you hadn't shipped any to CK and also that post you made didn't mention me)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140366.msg2856580#msg2856580

... and ... you were the one who told me the urgency of cgminer support ... over a month ago ... when I asked you about that post ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: