Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:46:59 PM

I paid for my August order! Which currently sits in Dave's Datacenter hashing away.

good for you!

Funny how you make an accusation and fail to apologize when you are wrong! Kano tried to pay for a starter unit and was told no.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:49:06 PM

I paid for my August order! Which currently sits in Dave's Datacenter hashing away.

good for you!

Funny how you make an accusation and fail to apologize when you are wrong!

The real pain is having my BFL order that was placed 14 months ago finally get shipped today only fulfilling 1/3 of the order.

OUCH!
Mobius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:51:47 PM

good for you!

The real pain is having my BFL order that was placed 14 months ago finally get shipped today only fulfilling 1/3 of the order.

OUCH!

What does that have to do with anything in this discussion? I'm still waiting for 2 more orders from BFL and got piss poor performing units from them.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:16:00 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 02:32:18 PM by Sitarow

good for you!

OUCH!

What does that have to do with anything in this discussion? I'm still waiting for 2 more orders from BFL and got piss poor performing units from them.

Dave's choice to host devices for those that have yet to receive their order for free is not the best choice in your opinion. Factor that he is using btc guild and that it may not be the best use of the hardware has also been expressed.

I can see your point of view. Indeed it may seem the simple choice would be to deliver those devices and be done with it.

However I think what Dave is doing is attempting to appease both the customer you/me and the shareholders for who this hardware was originally intended.

I would not be surprised if those that still have not gotten their equipment will not get extra ontop of the BTC that is being mined via Dave's free hosting option. dictated solution.

I think his choice to point that hardware at btcguild.com was the best option as they have the best support network 24/7, I would like to note that I am also pointing my units at btc guild and have gained 18% more bitcoin doing so the last 24 hours then normal) The reason is simple. It gives the most accurate reading and has by far managed the private anti DOS network to maximize the uptime of that hardware.

Finally as to the issue with cgminer and this particular use of the bit fury chips. I have spoken with ckolivas and informed him that I would provide access to one of the units for his testing.

However he mentioned that at this time the GPIO is not conducive to the uniformity and standardization that cgminer is about. At this time it seems best to wait until punin or others incorporates a usb controller of sorts for this product so we can bypass the raspberry pi.

Again I am sure that Dave will do everything possible to make sure we get the best ROI given the situation at hand.

From past experiences in other emergency situations like this, when you are in the thick of the issue expending all your energy and time to resolve problems day in and day out, you are bound to make choices that may not seem to be the best solution from an onlooker not on the ground. It may very well be a bad choice in customer relations while attempting to please the shareholder.

However given the track record I would not be surprised those with late orders get further compensation in one form or another.

Edit: In the spirit of disclosure I do not hold any investments with any public centralized mining operations at this time. This includes, and not limited to, 100TH, ASICminer, and LabRat data processing.

greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:45:49 PM

I appreciate you trying Dave, but time is money my friend and I'm gonna be out at least 10btc in mining now.

Maybe you can compensate some of us with more H cards or let us buy more h cards?  I am not trying to be mean, I am just keeping a business perspective.  I also volunteer to help with investing, chip packaging, logistics or IT infrastructure management.

This would make you guys my #1 store for repeat business.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja
ssi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:56:04 PM

One of the selling points was a "fork" of cgminer (I am a mod on IRC #cgminer and do testing of cgminer). Well established and always forked.

The software chainminer using "getwork" REALLY,  it seems even a year after it's release, you have a patch work solution for stratum, the major protocol of mining pools.

chainminer has no relation to cgminer. Putin's comments on he'll work on it when he can, shows his priorities.

I asked specifically if Dave was sending a board to Con and Kano and he said he would, he didn't, guess it's another fail or bad decision.

I'm working on a mining client written in Go to support my bitfury miners which have additional I2C hardware and bank switching which requires slightly different code than chainminer.  It will support bfsb-style miners as well.  Are you or anyone else interested in getting involved with the project?

18xEDfc7y1Nzm2kmLvwYq56xwwEz4Fdh6
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 03:00:15 PM

One of the selling points was a "fork" of cgminer (I am a mod on IRC #cgminer and do testing of cgminer). Well established and always forked.

The software chainminer using "getwork" REALLY,  it seems even a year after it's release, you have a patch work solution for stratum, the major protocol of mining pools.

chainminer has no relation to cgminer. Putin's comments on he'll work on it when he can, shows his priorities.

I asked specifically if Dave was sending a board to Con and Kano and he said he would, he didn't, guess it's another fail or bad decision.

I'm working on a mining client written in Go to support my bitfury miners which have additional I2C hardware and bank switching which requires slightly different code than chainminer.  It will support bfsb-style miners as well.  Are you or anyone else interested in getting involved with the project?

yes I would be interested ... in such a software, github?

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
Mobius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:02:20 PM

good for you!

OUCH!

Dave's choice to host devices for those that have yet to receive their order for free is not the best choice in your opinion. Factor that he is using btc guild and that it may not be the best use of the hardware has also been expressed.

I can see your point of view. Indeed it may seem the simple choice would be to deliver those devices and be done with it.

However I think what Dave is doing is attempting to appease both the customer you/me and the shareholders for who this hardware was originally intended.

I would not be surprised if those that still have not gotten their equipment will not get extra ontop of the BTC that is being mined via Dave's free hosting option. dictated solution.

I think his choice to point that hardware at btcguild.com was the best option as they have the best support network 24/7, I would like to note that I am also pointing my units at btc guild and have gained 18% more bitcoin doing so the last 24 hours then normal) The reason is simple. It gives the most accurate reading and has by far managed the private anti DOS network to maximize the uptime of that hardware.

Finally as to the issue with cgminer and this particular use of the bit fury chips. I have spoken with ckolivas and informed him that I would provide access to one of the units for his testing.

However he mentioned that at this time the GPIO is not conducive to the uniformity and standardization that cgminer is about. At this time it seems best to wait until punin or others incorporates a usb controller of sorts for this product so we can bypass the raspberry pi.

Again I am sure that Dave will do everything possible to make sure we get the best ROI given the situation at hand.

From past experiences in other emergency situations like this, when you are in the thick of the issue expending all your energy and time to resolve problems day in and day out, you are bound to make choices that may not seem to be the best solution from an onlooker not on the ground. It may very well be a bad choice in customer relations while attempting to please the shareholder.

However given the track record I would not be surprised those with late orders get further compensation in one form or another.

Edit: In the spirit of disclosure I do not hold any investments with any public centralized mining operations at this time. This includes, and not limited to, 100TH, ASICminer, and LabRat data processing.

The main issues as I see them, is that he lied, he said they ran out of M boards, they ran out because he allocated them to his mine, he lied when he said all purchased equipment for August  would be delivered prior to building up his mine, the last ~50 rigs he built according to his own admission were yesterday. Knowing full well he had 53 orders outstanding.

Then he came up with that lame "I'll mine for you until I get your equipment in and shipped" knowing that he would generate 16x the income for his mine by not shipping out the equipment as he originally stated because he knew there would be more delays in getting v2 M-Boards. He ignored my questions and emails with regards to what was going to happen.

He got caught taking resources and redirecting them to make his own profit at our expense.

I said it before:

Dave, you were doing so well!  What happened?
ssi

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:18:52 PM

yes I would be interested ... in such a software, github?

I haven't put it anywhere public yet, but pm me and we'll talk

18xEDfc7y1Nzm2kmLvwYq56xwwEz4Fdh6
aspeer

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:29:53 PM

would people please stop flaming. it is what it is and you're filling this thread with useless posts which wastes more of my time.  If you're in this buying onesie, twosie equipment purchases to try and make a 400% return you're obviously ill informed and shouldn't be spending your hard earned money on a zero sum product. Mining should and will always have the same problems and favor the earliest of adopters while punishing those who are late to the game.  If you can't risk the funds then you shouldn't it's as simple as that.  Things happen and you make the best of it.

BTC accepted: 1C3Z4aA4v1bADYrSozjfSujzmtwxD4cvVH
Don't format your wallet into oblivion, back it up.  |  I use encrypted BackBlaze: http://backblaze.apspeer.com
10% off Campbx Fees: http://goo.gl/cIRwo
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:36:30 PM

would people please stop flaming. it is what it is and you're filling this thread with useless posts which wastes more of my time.  If you're in this buying onesie, twosie equipment purchases to try and make a 400% return you're obviously ill informed and shouldn't be spending your hard earned money on a zero sum product. Mining should and will always have the same problems and favor the earliest of adopters while punishing those who are late to the game.  If you can't risk the funds then you shouldn't it's as simple as that.  Things happen and you make the best of it.

Yeah. What he said. Dave is making the best decissions he can and is trying to make this whole thing work to the satisfaction of as many people as he can. If you don't like his decissions, don't buy from him anymore. But second guessing him will accomplish nothing. And bad mouthing people, that is just a demotivator.
benny32

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:47:00 PM

I really hope we get a cgminer solution figured out because I use that api extensively for monitoring and remote control.   
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:58:08 PM

Whatever Dave's motivations he has gotten much more silent recently.

All I know is that I am sitting on a Fedex label for 25hrs now with no movement.  Is that normal for you guys who have already gotten deliveries?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
mdbssm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:07:00 PM

Whatever Dave's motivations he has gotten much more silent recently.

All I know is that I am sitting on a Fedex label for 25hrs now with no movement.  Is that normal for you guys who have already gotten deliveries?

Same here. Fedex notified of my package but no package entered their system. Emails to Dave / Yvonne go unanswered.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:11:54 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 06:31:09 PM by -Redacted-

I wouldn't worry too much about it - it's not even lunchtime on the west coast yet, and Dave usually does emails in the evening.

And for those bitching about his selection of BTCG for PPS and 7%, he's got 64 boards hashing for 53 starter kit orders, which should work out to be 21% over what you could make yourself.  He's really trying very hard to please everyone here.

I've got a bad M-board for one starter kit, a board that only hashes at 22 Gh/s, and a disappeared $500 Bitpay payment.  I sent emails about these issues last week.  I figure they will get answered in the near future, just as soon as they have a chance - once they get the last full rigs out the door tomorrow and have time to take a breather. 

I'm not about to start jumping up and down screaming that they haven't answered my emails.  Just relax....
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:35:13 PM

The difference is that you at least have hardware. Still waiting. I was hoping to mine some before 100 million but that seems unlikely now.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
E

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:32:57 PM

Woohoo - got my starter kit out of billing-address limbo!

Aaand...

Hashrate 1hr   34665 Mh/s

At the pool!!

38W at the wall on 120V, which seems pretty good given how lightly I'm loading the PS (Corsair TX750).

I have some tips to improve performance on the software side that I'm collecting as I roll them out here;
I've got my pi's load average down to 0.10 and total CPU utilization at ~5% with only two shares rejected in the last hour.

How did you get get up so high for 25Gh/s starter kit?

That's probably a fluctuation on the high side. The nature of Poisson processes means there's uncertainty equal to 2x the square root of the number of shares returned (at the 95% confidence level). That was 24480 diff1 shares at difficulty 32, so 765 diff32 shares; 2*sqrt(765) = 55, so I should report the rate as 34500 +/- 2500.

But, more to your point, pencil mod to achieve 0.74Vdd at the lowest voltage chip plus heatsink on back of board under regulator thermal vias. Stratum proxies running on external (fast) host; chainminer recompiled with

Code:
-Ofast -march=armv6zk -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfp -fno-strict-aliasing

instead of the default optimization flags. No manual chip tuning at this point. Estimate ~80% of the increase is due to the Vdd change, but I'm not going to slow things down to take better measurements Smiley I will note that if this were achievable on all 16 cards the full kit would be >550GH/s!
If you were using the latest cgminer you'd look at WU over a period of time to be certain of your real hash rate ... oh wait you can't.
Pool hash rates and short term hash rates can fluctuate dramatically.
Using a known accurate method will be way more useful that whatever you are using.
Oh well.

Kano -- I'm on your side re: cgminer, but you don't need to drag my rate estimation into the picture XD
When I say things like "That's probably a fluctuation on the high side" and "I should report it as 34500 +/- 2500" do you honestly think I haven't considered the vagaries of various speed estimates?

Ah, I guess I shouldn't have even replied to this because I know you just needed a conversational node to bring up your lack of access to hardware. Do you want ssh access to my bitfury? 'Cause you can have it if you want...

But anyway... my estimate was based on the number of diff1 shares I had been credited with over a one hour period. Now that I have a few more hours of operation, I can report that I'm averaging about

32.5GH/s

over an 18 hour period, based on diff1 shares credited to me by the pool.
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 08:54:39 PM

I guess this is the world we live in.  My team has been working 14 hour days trying to test and ship hardware to customers while also growing the mining operations.  I have been totally transparent in what is going on here as well as my plans and approach to dealing with challenges on multiple levels, while keeping it fair to the customers & investors.

In all other retail businesses, if a backordered situation exists, you will just wait.  I have taken steps to set aside hardware that will run on the behalf of customers in order to reduce their pain of waiting.  Of course I'm not running PPS at 7%, that's ridiculous.  Its PPLNS @ 3%.  If you have a problem with the pool fee, then let us know what your pool is and we'll make sure you get the 1 - 2% more coin.  If you want your share of NMC mined - whatever, send me an address.

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:59:22 PM

I guess this is the world we live in.  My team has been working 14 hour days trying to test and ship hardware to customers while also growing the mining operations.  I have been totally transparent in what is going on here as well as my plans and approach to dealing with challenges on multiple levels, while keeping it fair to the customers & investors.

In all other retail businesses, if a backordered situation exists, you will just wait.  I have taken steps to set aside hardware that will run on the behalf of customers in order to reduce their pain of waiting.  Of course I'm not running PPS at 7%, that's ridiculous.  Its PPLNS @ 3%.  If you have a problem with the pool fee, then let us know what your pool is and we'll make sure you get the 1 - 2% more coin.  If you want your share of NMC mined - whatever, send me an address.

dude, after yifu and bfl, dave is kind of a hero. is he perfect, no. but by all that is holy he is not incompetent/liar as bfl and a dbag as yifu

ok
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 09:02:15 PM

dude, after yifu and bfl, dave is kind of a hero. is he perfect, no. but by all that is holy he is not incompetent/liar as bfl and a dbag as yifu

Amen!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: