Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:32:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:31:21 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2013, 03:49:00 PM by americandesi

First, there were only 36 starter kits pending shipping, not 54 as I previously stated (we hadn't updated the totals board since previous day's shipping).  The hashpower you see on the MBPStarters account at BTCG will be for you guys.  I have V2 M-boards coming in next week and the following.  I'll be able to ship out the remaining starters by end of next week.

For those of you who want to replace your V1 M-boards, we'll have to set this up for a time when I've got plenty of spare M's.  I don't want you to have to ship first and be down while you wait for replacements.  You are welcome to just stay with the existing V1 M- the V2 doesn't offer a performance benefit.

Dave: The MBPStarters account has been showing a 0 hash rate for a little while now.....

https://www.btcguild.com/api.php?api_key=23fcc6a0f8292fe394b1706da8c0d304

This was my mistake- They are still hashing, they just got pointed to the wrong place(I was fixing a different issue and it picked up those too).  As mentioned in this post, we'll sort the issue out in all of the delayed customers' orders to your benefit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg3125963#msg3125963

Thanks for clarifying that JaredR26. But Dave's message below states otherwise.
Highlighted below. We just want to make sure that we don't loose out on the earnings.

Thanks,

First, there were only 36 starter kits pending shipping, not 54 as I previously stated (we hadn't updated the totals board since previous day's shipping).  The hashpower you see on the MBPStarters account at BTCG will be for you guys.  I have V2 M-boards coming in next week and the following.  I'll be able to ship out the remaining starters by end of next week.

For those of you who want to replace your V1 M-boards, we'll have to set this up for a time when I've got plenty of spare M's.  I don't want you to have to ship first and be down while you wait for replacements.  You are welcome to just stay with the existing V1 M- the V2 doesn't offer a performance benefit.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
aspeer

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:38:00 PM

Dave: The MBPStarters account has been showing a 0 hash rate for a little while now.....

This was my mistake- They are still hashing, they just got pointed to the wrong place(I was fixing a different issue and it picked up those too).  As mentioned in this post, we'll sort the issue out in all of the delayed customers' orders to your benefit:

maybe just send paperwallet's with the shipment when it's boxed up?

BTC accepted: 1C3Z4aA4v1bADYrSozjfSujzmtwxD4cvVH
Don't format your wallet into oblivion, back it up.  |  I use encrypted BackBlaze: http://backblaze.apspeer.com
10% off Campbx Fees: http://goo.gl/cIRwo
JaredR26

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:47:57 PM

This was my mistake- They are still hashing, they just got pointed to the wrong place(I was fixing a different issue and it picked up those too).  As mentioned in this post, we'll sort the issue out in all of the delayed customers' orders to your benefit:

Highlighted below. We just want to make sure that we don't loose out on the earnings.

Thanks,

One way or another, you will not lose earnings from this.  We are not BFL or Avalon.  I will follow up on this when possible.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:56:25 PM

One way or another, you will not lose earnings from this.  We are not BFL or Avalon.  I will follow up on this when possible.

Feeling really good about my orders right about now Wink Very much looking forward to October.

Cheers !
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 08:03:12 PM

buzzdave, given the recent difficulty increases, is there any plan to decrease the oct deliverable prices?

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
JaredR26

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

Thanks,

So I talked to Dave about this.

#1 - I have confirmation again that we are paying the theoretical production from the miners.  Your payout is not tied to to the MBPStarters account.
#2 - So to clarify, the purpose of the MBPStarters account at this point is to explicitly set aside some of the mining output.  This way only small adjustments/money movements are needed to close the gap between what was actually mined and what needs to be sent to customers.  But it is purely for our purposes, not for tracking anything public(anymore).

Does that help clarify the plan?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:31:35 PM

#1 - I have confirmation again that we are paying the theoretical production from the miners.  Your payout is not tied to to the MBPStarters account.
#2 - So to clarify, the purpose of the MBPStarters account at this point is to explicitly set aside some of the mining output.  This way only small adjustments/money movements are needed to close the gap between what was actually mined and what needs to be sent to customers.  But it is purely for our purposes, not for tracking anything public(anymore).

it does Smiley

however, I really want my unit as soon as possible, as it looks like a lot of other customers are managing to pull >30Ghash from their starter kits, and as much as i appreciate the free hosting of 25Ghash, it would be  something special to have my unit in hand hashing at that speed or higher. It may be the end of september when the unit is actually delivered.

That said, Dave and his team have done the best they could, and more then many other manufacturers/distributors. too bad for a slight shortage of m-boards, because otherwise they have my full kudos! Smiley

ps: I have an october h-board #13X and another (unpaid) #8XX. Will these ship together, and/or will either of them ship along with my starter kit once the m-boards deliver? I know the october timeframe is still fairly uncertain, but it may make practical sense to combine the shipping costs to canada for these.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

Shit! Shit! Shit!!! Angry   Hey DAVE!!!!

I just powered up with the Yellow & Black reversed and smoked the mother board, How screwed am I? How much is this going to cost me for a new motherboard? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Never let the software guy touch hardware!
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:19:44 PM

ps: I have an october h-board #13X and another (unpaid) #8XX. Will these ship together, and/or will either of them ship along with my starter kit once the m-boards deliver? I know the october timeframe is still fairly uncertain, but it may make practical sense to combine the shipping costs to canada for these.

I imagine they would ship separately; I have an October order 5xx and another 9xx order, and it would not seem fair to me to ship the 9xx order along with the 5xx order.

My 0.02 BTC FWIW.
JaredR26

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:36:56 PM

#1 - I have confirmation again that we are paying the theoretical production from the miners.  Your payout is not tied to to the MBPStarters account.
#2 - So to clarify, the purpose of the MBPStarters account at this point is to explicitly set aside some of the mining output.  This way only small adjustments/money movements are needed to close the gap between what was actually mined and what needs to be sent to customers.  But it is purely for our purposes, not for tracking anything public(anymore).

it does Smiley

however, I really want my unit as soon as possible, as it looks like a lot of other customers are managing to pull >30Ghash from their starter kits, and as much as i appreciate the free hosting of 25Ghash, it would be  something special to have my unit in hand hashing at that speed or higher. It may be the end of september when the unit is actually delivered.

That said, Dave and his team have done the best they could, and more then many other manufacturers/distributors. too bad for a slight shortage of m-boards, because otherwise they have my full kudos! Smiley

FYI, from our experience the boards that deliver 30 GH/s without being overclocked first are a fluke rather than the norm.  The average of the boards performs right at spec, with some performing under spec(We generally don't ship those out).  I do apologize for the delay, though.  For what it is worth, having it hash 2-3 days sooner at a lower difficulty and delaying your shipping time until the difficulty is higher does actually have some significant benefits. Smiley

I can't help with the other questions at this time, I'm not yet privy to that side of things; You'll have to follow up with customer service / support.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:50:53 PM

You guys are awesome. Kudos Dave, Jared, and the rest of the team. October is going to be Christmas for me. #45x

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:53:06 PM

I just powered up with the Yellow & Black reversed and smoked the mother board, How screwed am I? How much is this going to cost me for a new motherboard? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Never let the software guy touch hardware!

I have seen unused m-boards in the goods section as well as on ebay. Might be faster to get you up and running again.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Trongersoll

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:57:44 PM

I have seen unused m-boards in the goods section as well as on ebay. Might be faster to get you up and running again.

I want to wait to hear from Dave before i make any hasty decissions.
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:58:03 PM

I think Goxed has another M- Board that he does not need.  When I get my kits I may have an extra one too.
JaredR26

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:32:35 PM

Please send an email to customer service about this issue:
https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=information/contact

Dave won't be able to respond to anything until at least Monday, and probably a few days after that.

While I don't know that MBP can yet offer Amazon-level customer service / replacement policies, I'm certain there's something we can do here.  Unfortunately this happened right when we are in the midst of an M-board shortage, so it may require a little discussion on what we can do for you.

If you don't get a prompt response, or if you don't feel like things were handled fairly/appropriately, send Dave or I a PM and we will follow up.  We do take customer service seriously, despite our overwhelmed schedule.

As a side note, speaking not from a MBP perspective but from a JaredR26 perspective, I recommend you see if you can find someone in your area who also has a starter kit.  If the thing that was fried was the rPI or the SD card, that is the easiest and cheapest component to replace- We can probably overnight you one.  If it was the H-card, but your M-board is functioning, those are somewhat easier to replace than M-boards right now.  If it was the M-board only, that'll be useful information.  If everything was fried, that'll also be useful information.

I do apologize for this situation- While we tried to avoid mistakes like this happening, the simple truth is that an early-design product like this isn't designed to be user-friendly and user-safe.  For that I do apologize, and we hope that we can help with this situation, and improve future designs to prevent this kind of bad experience.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:37:07 PM

Did you buy the whole 16 Hcards  400GHz kit?

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Trongersoll

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:14:56 AM

Did you buy the whole 16 Hcards  400GHz kit?

no, just the one card starter kit.
Trongersoll

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:18:00 AM

For those that are curious, one of the chips on the MB lit up like a white LED and then poof, a puff of smoke. I doubt that anything else was damaged, but i won't know for sure until i get another MB.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:20:04 AM

Yep.  Once the magic smoke gets out, it's all over...
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:41:57 AM

This was my mistake- They are still hashing, they just got pointed to the wrong place(I was fixing a different issue and it picked up those too).  As mentioned in this post, we'll sort the issue out in all of the delayed customers' orders to your benefit:

how do we know we have not been forgotten?   I have 5 starter kits for august ordered. 
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: