Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
lolstate

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:38:20 PM

lolstate is correct, and this is exactly what I was eluding to:

either ActiveMining is a scam OR ActiveMining is a real company with real people

if ActiveMining is a scam, then that would - all hypothetically speaking - make ken a con man, and anything he says would be to instill confidence to perpetuate this, so there is really nothing he could say to rationalize the unknown expenses

if ActiveMining is a real company trying to do real things, then it is being run with poor judgement, which is equally a red flag

and this is all compounded by the fact that the poor judgement isn't new: over the last however many pages of this thread, we have worked out the problems with the original structure of this venture ( 3 entities in agreements and various levels of ownership with each other)

and now it is apparent we need to work out some issues with ActiveMining's charter to allow shareholders to vote on more things before they happen

This isn't FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt), this is a reflection on "wtf were you thinking when you originally structured this venture" and just when that is fixed its now "wtf are you doing with these ask walls"

I would be happy to put a board together as soon as we get over the next few months.  I would suggest a 7 member board.

That is a great offer, Ken.

As of the last few days things are progressing really well, don't let the negative ninnies here make you think otherwise.
lolstate

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:39:35 PM

HAHAhahahahaha

I bet all you "longers" are really regretting not selling above .0025 now that Ken has confirmed that 400,000 shares will be dumped at that price over the weekend.

hahahaha?

trollbox much?

Yeah ill be leaving for that trollbox now, i've made my profit here. You religiously devout Ken believers can have a couple pages of this thread without worrying about me spreading "FUD", as there is no longer any profit opportunity here for at least another couple weeks. Good luck with the new wall! Grin

Be careful Floates, some people might want to burn you on the next trade. Keep sharp.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:40:31 PM

HAHAhahahahaha

I bet all you "longers" are really regretting not selling above .0025 now that Ken has confirmed that 400,000 shares will be dumped at that price over the weekend.

hahahaha?

trollbox much?

Yeah ill be leaving for that trollbox now, i've made my profit here. You religiously devout Ken believers can have a couple pages of this thread without worrying about me spreading "FUD", as there is no longer any profit opportunity here for at least another couple weeks. Good luck with the new wall! Grin

Wow you incredible day trading genius... you sure got the best of us. we bow to your utter benevolence.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:45:47 PM

I would be happy to put a board together as soon as we get over the next few months.  I would suggest a 7 member board.

The point is a board is needed now ken, not in a few months. That's far too late.

You've worked your socks off and there is so much more to do. The board would be there to help ensure things like today's post ipo stuff didn't happen, could take communication off your hands, and can act on behalf of shareholders to ensure the project is going as planned. A good board will make your job much simpler and the company more efficient. It will also increase trust, as long as the board is suitably picked.

Right now you shouldn't be faffing with shares and you shouldn't be on this forum dealing with pain in the arse shareholders like me. Someone else should be taking that stress and keeping us happy.

I also feel that someone else could have addressed all the questions very quickly and easily as, and I mean no offence, communication is not your strong point. Even when you answer a question, it's often not a full answer.

Also, I apologise to everyone for being a pain in the backside today, but it's all meant in good faith. If you know what I mean!
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:46:24 PM

No I don't think it is or I wouldn't have invested Wink

But people do disappear, it's not quite that simple!

Sure but they would have to be insane to reveal themselves as much as Ken has before trying to do so.
matuszed

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:46:51 PM

I would be happy to put a board together as soon as we get over the next few months.  I would suggest a 7 member board.

The point is a board is needed now ken, not in a few months. That's far too late.

You've worked your socks off and there is so much more to do. The board would be there to help ensure things like today's post ipo stuff didn't happen, could take communication off your hands, and can act on behalf of shareholders to ensure the project is going as planned. A good board will make your job much simpler and the company more efficient. It will also increase trust, as long as the board is suitably picked.

Right now you shouldn't be faffing with shares and you shouldn't be on this forum dealing with pain in the arse shareholders like me. Someone else should be taking that stress and keeping us happy.

I also feel that someone else could have addressed all the questions very quickly and easily as, and I mean no offence, communication is not your strong point. Even when you answer a question, it's often not a full answer.

+1

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
wiak2

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:50:10 PM

ffssixtynine has said about all I want to say, but I'd like to emphasize that you released 50,000 shares earlier today at .0028, and I bought a significant portion of them.  To go back and release more shares at .0025 is frankly ridiculous.  This day should of been a celebration of the complete funding of NRE, but you have completely screwed it up.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 11:51:48 PM

I play online poker and there have been much more drawn out and much more elaborate scams when big amounts of money are at play. While your rationale is logical there's not much weight to it in this case as there is $1M+ at play. In the end only time will tell how AMC will pan out so we're all just speculating as to whether this is legit or not or if it will succeed.

Why even entertain such nonsense?
The more you focus on negative outcomes, as so many people have seemed to flip to in here today, the more momentum you give the negative outcome.

Because it's a well known confidence trick - the long con - and this is a wonderful area and time to pull it off. Ken could walk away with a million bucks. That's a pretty good haul!

If you aren't keeping it in mind then frankly you shouldn't be investing. There is a real chance this could be a con, although I sincerely hope not! Asicminer could have been too. It wasn't Smiley Others have been. If I was playing the long con, I'd have done what ken did today (possibly bigger). That's why it looks bad from that point of view.

Any negatives today have come from an ipo mistake, not from people stirring.

I do find it funny that some people can be so blinkered one way or the other. I'm not for or against anything. This is a high risk investment and I'll do the necessary to mitigate my risks. That's what all the investors should be doing. And if you didn't invest, don't post here unless you are considering it.

If you invested, get those blinkers off. Whether you know it or not, you need these answers. It's your money given to some random dude on the Internet who doesn't have an unblemished record. Mitigate your risks by knowing the facts, and if they aren't forthcoming then you know something is wrong.

VE: I've not checked in the last hour or so but I think ken has done what he said.

I guess I could do that, but I am not going to, because what I want is for this to be successful, and walking away with the bucks would not make me feel like I was successful.  It would make me feel the opposite.  My main driving ambition is for this company to be very successful, not the money I will make from it; however, we do keep score by the amount of money the company makes and everyone else.  I am working very hard to make it successful.  I could have taken the easy route and plugged in the Avalon's and made ~$1,000 dollars a day and had plenty of money.  No, I decided to use my years of experience in business (I have been in business since I was 18) to create a company if we are lucky that could be the "World Leader In Manufacturing Bitcoin Machines And Mining Of Bitcoins".   I am not looking for a lots of money, I am looking to be successful, to make my customers successful, and to make my investors successful that is my driving goal.  "If you make your customers successful, then you will be successful".

Kenneth E. Slaughter, CEO/CTO
Active Mining Corporation
lolstate

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:53:31 PM

I would be happy to put a board together as soon as we get over the next few months.  I would suggest a 7 member board.

Man, does hyperbole have to die today as well?
lolstate

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:57:20 PM

Seriously guys, can I suggest a Time Out!

Would it suit everyone to agree to take the next two days off to cool down, give Ken some space and time to think?

We could reconvene on Monday.  Smiley
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 11:57:59 PM

ffssixtynine has said about all I want to say, but I'd like to emphasize that you released 50,000 shares earlier today at .0028, and I bought a significant portion of them.  To go back and release more shares at .0025 is frankly ridiculous.  This day should of been a celebration of the complete funding of NRE, but you have completely screwed it up.

Yes, I guess I have; however, I will try very hard to make it up to you and everyone else.  Let's see if I can do that is the next few weeks.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:59:26 PM

I guess I could do that, but I am not going to, because what I want is for this to be successful, and walking away with the bucks would not make me feel like I was successful.  It would make me feel the opposite.  My main driving ambition is for this company to be very successful, not the money I will make from it; however, we do keep score by the amount of money the company makes and everyone else.  I am working very hard to make it successful.  I could have taken the easy route and plugged in the Avalon's and made ~$1,000 dollars a day and had plenty of money.  No, I decided to use my years of experience in business (I have been in business since I was 18) to create a company if we are lucky that could be the "World Leader In Manufacturing Bitcoin Machines And Mining Of Bitcoins".   I am not looking for a lots of money, I am looking to be successful, to make my customers successful, and to make my investors successful that is my driving goal.  "If you make your customers successful, then you will be successful".

Kenneth E. Slaughter, CEO/CTO
Active Mining Corporation

Well said.
At the end of the day a man's purpose is to know he's done a good job.
Pure and simple.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:00:19 AM

I guess I could do that, but I am not going to, because what I want is for this to be successful, and walking away with the bucks would not make me feel like I was successful.  It would make me feel the opposite.  My main driving ambition is for this company to be very successful, not the money I will make from it; however, we do keep score by the amount of money the company makes and everyone else.  I am working very hard to make it successful.  I could have taken the easy route and plugged in the Avalon's and made ~$1,000 dollars a day and had plenty of money.  No, I decided to use my years of experience in business (I have been in business since I was 18) to create a company if we are lucky that could be the "World Leader In Manufacturing Bitcoin Machines And Mining Of Bitcoins".   I am not looking for a lots of money, I am looking to be successful, to make my customers successful, and to make my investors successful that is my driving goal.  "If you make your customers successful, then you will be successful".

Obviously we all hope that's true!

I think you need to deal with my post about the share offering though. There is a danger of yet another share mistake being made when it's totally unnecessary.

I was also pretty sure you sold extra shares earlier in the day, and you need to deal with the price/timing issue of your new proposal. That's really screwing up the market after an amazing day for the initial IPO.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

either ActiveMining is a scam OR ActiveMining is a real company with real people

if ActiveMining is a scam, then that would - all hypothetically speaking - make ken a con man, and anything he says would be to instill confidence to perpetuate this, so there is really nothing he could say to rationalize the unknown expenses

if ActiveMining is a real company trying to do real things, then it is being run with poor judgement, which is equally a red flag

and this is all compounded by the fact that the poor judgement isn't new: over the last however many pages of this thread, we have worked out the problems with the original structure of this venture ( 3 entities in agreements and various levels of ownership with each other)

and now it is apparent we need to work out some issues with ActiveMining's charter to allow shareholders to vote on more things before they happen

This isn't FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt), this is a reflection on "wtf were you thinking when you originally structured this venture" and just when that is fixed its now "wtf are you doing with these ask walls"

As of the last few days things are progressing really well, don't let the negative ninnies here make you think otherwise.

I'm not thinking otherwise.
lolstate

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:02:34 AM

I'm not thinking otherwise.

Fantastic Ken, there are so many downers here of late, it would make anyone think twice. Seems to me you have a plan and you are executing.
wiak2

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:07:16 AM

Yes, I guess I have; however, I will try very hard to make it up to you and everyone else.  Let's see if I can do that is the next few weeks.

Thank you for your response, and I apologize for being harsh with you.  I really think you are trying, just unprofessional mistakes such as this do not reflect well on the company.  Hopefully we can get this cleared up and move forward.
pythonofnorway

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:09:05 AM

Congrats on making the NRE funding Ken  Grin
I'm celebrating today! Keep up the good work  Wink
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:16:17 AM

Thank you for your response, and I apologize for being harsh with you.  I really think you are trying, just unprofessional mistakes such as this do not reflect well on the company.  Hopefully we can get this cleared up and move forward.

I think he's working incredibly hard but I struggle to understand how the market can be misunderstood as badly as this yet also have someone create such a big mining prospect.

I can only think ken is very much an engineer and just doesn't see the obvious!

ArcticWolf

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:17:47 AM

Congrats on making the NRE funding Ken  Grin
I'm celebrating today! Keep up the good work  Wink

+1 Im long on ActM, and the NRE being met well within the estimated timeline is great news! Ill definitely be having a few beers in Kens honour today Grin

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
pneumatic5

Activity: 238

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:18:39 AM

ffssixtynine is right, we need that board of directors ASAP. It'll relieve some stress from you ken, and get the community more involved. As you said, if you are succesful, your investors are successful, it should also be vice versa. Some people check on this thread every 45 minutes (like me) or even in shorter intervals and are deeply vested in the outcome of ActM. Have them deal with the constant barrage of repeated questions, and filter out the legitimate questions and convey those to you.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: