Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:14:20 PM

I do not trade on this forum.  Make of that what you will. Tongue 

Why do you come on here then? Why do you spend so much of your time posting on the ACtM threads?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:39:10 PM

Most likely because he is paid to do so by some competitor.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:42:05 PM

Most likely because he is paid to do so by some competitor.

I want him to explain himself the reason as to why he is constantly on here.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:54:01 PM

Why do you come on here then? Why do you spend so much of your time posting on the ACtM threads?

Because I use Bitcoin, and what you do here reflects on Bitcoin as a whole.
I do not want to be embarrassed by Bitcoin.
I do not want Bitcoin to be a laughing stock, a catchall for every fail and scam, a lulzy slaughterhouse where cattle eagerly finance the kill floor & the stunner.
I love you guys like i would love & protect a retarded sibling.  But you make it so hard.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:09:24 PM

I do not want Bitcoin to be a laughing stock, a catchall for every fail and scam, a lulzy slaughterhouse where cattle eagerly finance the kill floor & the stunner.
I love you guys like i would love & protect a retarded sibling.  But you make it so hard.

The question was: 'Why do you spend so much of your time posting on ACtM threads?'

Your answer explains your general interest in bitcointalk - but not ACtM.

Do you want to try again?

Why do you spend so much of your time posting on ACtM threads?

nickwen

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:15:37 PM

what's happens?

bitfunder share price 0.0015X HuhHuhHuhHuh?
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:19:57 PM

what's happens?

bitfunder share price 0.0015X HuhHuhHuhHuh?

Nothing has happened. Some of the money has gone over to Labcoin because they are promising a quick price increase. It's a big gamble. Many will lose. Then the money will come back here. ACtM chips ready in November. Stay cool. Smiley
crumbs

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:24:18 PM

I do not trade on this forum.  Make of that what you will. Tongue  

The question was: 'Why do you spend so much of your time posting on ACtM threads?'

Your answer explains your general interest in bitcointalk - but not ACtM.

Do you want to try again?

Why do you spend so much of your time posting on ACtM threads?

You're forcing me to be blunt:

Because your failvesting is shitting up Bitcoin, and I want it to stop.
I try to teach and reform you, to make a productive human being out of you, to make you stop behaving like such an embarrassing putz.
I want Bitcoin full of win, that's why i provide the much-needed adult supervision in this thread.
If my motives are still unclear, i shall be offering a course in remedial shapes & colors -- bring a light lunch.

Edit:  You might see IPO price again, but not for long, and there's only 55BTC *total bids* on burnside's -- i'm afraid ur stuck Cheesy
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:55:11 PM

I think we can discard the confused waffle + the self-aggrandizing, and extract this sentence from that post:

OK so he's here because he thinks ACtM is a bad investment/scam and he doesn't want ACtM to mess up Bitcoin and actually wants the company closed down.

That is so ludicrous he sounds to me like he's a paid Troll from a competitor - or in need of clinical help. The first is far more likely.

I especially like the bit where he says 'I want it to stop' as if he has any say in what other grown ups do. He sounds like a little girl throwing a tantrum! I suspect his being explicit on his intent to close down ACtM could be a serious breach of the rules of this forum so I'll report him for that. I would advise others to likewise report that post if you think - as I do - that it shows this character admitting to trying to get ACtM as a business closed down.

Have a good day everyone.  Cheesy

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:02:39 PM

Don't you agree it would be nice if people invested in things that would actually make them richer?
It's not good for Bitcoin's image if so many IPOs are just preying on naive investors.

Absolutely. There are lots of IPO's being issued with no real possibility of investors getting their money back - yet the issuers will do nicely from it.

ACtM is not one of those enterprises.

If you think it is, please let us know why. Precise details would be the only way to lead this into a grown up conversation.
crumbs

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:13:26 PM

I think we can discard the confused waffle + the self-aggrandizing, and extract this sentence from that post:

OK so he's here because he thinks ACtM is a bad investment/scam and he doesn't want ACtM to mess up Bitcoin and actually wants the company closed down.

That is so ludicrous he sounds to me like he's a paid Troll from a competitor - or in need of clinical help. The first is far more likely.

I especially like the bit where he says 'I want it to stop' as if he has any say in what other grown ups do. He sounds like a little girl throwing a tantrum! I suspect his being explicit on his intent to close down ACtM could be a serious breach of the rules of this forum so I'll report him for that. I would advise others to likewise report that post if you think - as I do - that it shows this character admitting to trying to get ACtM as a business closed down.

Have a good day everyone.  Cheesy

I'm not shocked or even offended by your lack of gratitude.
Like a toddler in a dentist's chair, you are convinced that the man causing you pain is your enemy, and baww and baww and baww.

I only ask you to think of how much *richer* you would be now, had you but *listened to the nice man*.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:18:17 PM

I only ask you to think of how much *richer* you would be now, had you but *listened to the nice man*.

Richness, now that's something you may experience on a material level, but certainly on no other. You poor deluded soul. aka Billy no-mates.

It's good on here sometimes.  :-)
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:27:55 PM

Unless pankkake you wish to discuss the legitimacy issue (please feel free) I'd like to throw in this question:

How do you go about tracing the origin of a forum poster? Can you reveal any contact between certain specific posters via IPS addresses? If evidence can be found of direct contact between a direct competitor and their hired Trolls we would have sufficient to issue a cease and desist instruction or even go for a full on defamation/damage to business case via the courts. If we can find the evidence we can certainly find the lawyers happy to take on such a case. Shareholders could also launch their own cases (based on loss of stock value) if the evidence was released to a public forum.

Perhaps reminding our competitors of this possibility might make them think twice about the btc they are throwing at these hired jerks.

I'm not looking for any 'can't be done, not worth the effort' posts. I'd like to hear how this can be done, where it's happened before, and the liklihood of a seriously worded letter from an ACtM lawyer having some impact on these illegally acting competitors.
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:56:08 PM

BitchTits is here to discredit us. Hes sold him self to someone as some sort of professional troll when it seems to me he's never met a real troll. I hope bitchtits's owner feels there getting good bang for there buck. The fact that bitchtits is here means someone is paying attention to us and sees us as a threat. I would not feel as good as I do about this stock if people were not here to discredit us.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:57:39 PM

I have been explaining it for a while here, only to get insulted by fans who told me I just wanted cheap shares.

IPO:

The 28 nm chips are not going to be particularly good. It's not a custom design (BitFury showed how than can change things a lot). And yet, custom design for 28 nm is on the way.

While eAsic can certainly supply a lot of chips, we have no idea at what cost.

A lot of points and others will want to answer them or ask you to clarify.

I'll start with: 'The chips will not be particularly good'

That to me is a very unscientific comment. Yes the chips will be a certain % as good as a custom design but what performance levels are we talking here? 50% as good? 90% as good?

As power draw is a huge issue they may be more economic to run and cool and therefore 120% as good. I'm going to be lazy and not address general points but address specifics. Therefore you will need to tell me how much performance drop do you see on an ACtM chip over a custom? Then we can factor in running costs, and production volume, and ofcourse time to market.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:18:02 PM

Unless pankkake you wish to discuss the legitimacy issue (please feel free) I'd like to throw in this question:

How do you go about tracing the origin of a forum poster? Can you reveal any contact between certain specific posters via IPS addresses? If evidence can be found of direct contact between a direct competitor and their hired Trolls we would have sufficient to issue a cease and desist instruction or even go for a full on defamation/damage to business case via the courts. If we can find the evidence we can certainly find the lawyers happy to take on such a case. Shareholders could also launch their own cases (based on loss of stock value) if the evidence was released to a public forum.

Perhaps reminding our competitors of this possibility might make them think twice about the btc they are throwing at these hired jerks.

I'm not looking for any 'can't be done, not worth the effort' posts. I'd like to hear how this can be done, where it's happened before, and the liklihood of a seriously worded letter from an ACtM lawyer having some impact on these illegally acting competitors.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
crumbs

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:23:15 PM

I have been explaining it for a while here, only to get insulted by fans who told me I just wanted cheap shares.

IPO:

The 28 nm chips are not going to be particularly good. It's not a custom design (BitFury showed how than can change things a lot). And yet, custom design for 28 nm is on the way.

While eAsic can certainly supply a lot of chips, we have no idea at what cost.

A lot of points and others will want to answer them or ask you to clarify.

I'll start with: 'The chips will not be particularly good'

That to me is a very unscientific comment. Yes the chips will be a certain % as good as a custom design but what performance levels are we talking here? 50% as good? 90% as good?

As power draw is a huge issue they may be more economic to run and cool and therefore 120% as good. I'm going to be lazy and not address general points but address specifics. Therefore you will need to tell me how much performance drop do you see on an ACtM chip over a custom? Then we can factor in running costs, and production volume, and ofcourse time to market.

A.  You're already fantasizing about how power-efficient these "FPGAs-replacing-interconnects-with-syphilis spirochetes metal" gizmos will be.  You're forgetting that KNC is already *packaging its wafers*.  I heard U liek gifs:  

B.  It doesn't much matter how much worse these FPGAs-with-burnt-security-fuse are going to be -- the point is, they don't exist yet, and will be useless by the time (and IF) they're realized.  Stop daydreaming -- everyone else is living in real-time.

No, ActM hasn't missed the boat by much, but that boat's already chugging out of the harbor, and throwing yourself into its wake is pointless. Smiley
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:08:58 PM

Total market cap was simply very high for an IPO. It looked more like the price it should have if everything goes well than the price it should be for such a risky market.

The market decides the market cap not the issuer. If the market isn't confident they don't buy or sell and market cap is reduced. Original IPO at 0.0005 was and still is regarded as cheap. The second at 0.0025 was a huge success selling out quickly. Many companies have a high market cap that you might think is unrealistic. The investors think otherwise. I can't see this as a valid point.

Shares sold weirdly:

The 2nd IPO shares were sold weirdly yes agreed. Essentially the shares were sold in 2 batches. The first batch sold out quickly and the stock price rose to around 0.0038 from 0.0025. Now at that point Ken had to issue the rest of the IPO shares and he was told by the BitFunder exchange that he had to honour the IPO price of 0.0025 - so they were listed at that price not market price. The result was everyone who had continued to buy above 0.0025 after the first batch had sold out were undercut and there shares fell in value to 0.0025.

You can say that is weird but you can also say it was the only course open - to honor the IPO listing. My view is that those who bought ABOVE 0.0025 should not have done so and were fully aware that the second batch were to be listed and at IPO price.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:17:33 PM

Luring investors with "this is the next asicminer", and going up to using the AM moniker. That last part made me start wondering about the rest. The rewards aren't going to be AsicMiner-like, and it's true for any new miner unless it has absolutely groundbreaking technology.

-Attracting people to your company is business - the same the world over.
-The 'AM moniker' i.e. 'AM' was used for a week max on this forum by everyone before it was changed to ACtM.
-The rewards may be 'AM like', to say otherwise I think at this point is conjecture - we don't know and it is entirely possible.
-eASIC do have 'groundbreaking' trademarked tech, they have testimonials from the biggest names on the planet.

There seem to be no particular valuable in-house competence; you'd have to wonder what is the value of a company only outsourcing.

-Ken himself designed the chip. Ken is an established business man with around 30years business experience (my estimate). If outsourcing didn't work it wouldn't be so popular in the real world.

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:13:50 PM

ActM, you are killing me. I'm currently out 30% - I bought in at .00325.
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: