Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:12:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121486 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:48:49 AM

Sounds good.   1 thing to rebuild your image.  Fix your Nugget announcement.  I told you that before, you acknowledged it, but then ignored it.  

Your announcement states there is 0 premine.  then down about 6-8 posts you mention the 1%.  Now not many are really going to flip about that, but you have to edit the top post, which is the actual announcement to reflect this.  That is why people said you were burying it.  After that stop bringing it up.  You know how people feel about it, you will never swing them in your favor.   The Original Post must constantly be updated, as info changes, as it's your main window to the world.  Your sales sheet so to speak.   Also clean it up of all unnecessary drivel.  Don't keep harping you wanted SHA256.  If you really wanted it, then you shouldn't have had a poll.  It's not a poll if you can't accept the results.  And remove things like it has PoS, when you claimed afterwards that it no longer does.  

BTW you have some stiff competition, as there were about 4-5 coins with PoW and PoS and superblocks (much like your VGB protocol, which has already been around for quite some time.)

Ok. I'll fix that now.  The whole 1% will be given to bounties.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:52:20 AM

Your apology is accepted for me anyways.  I will re-consider mining your coin.  Lol, that second line kind of slipped a little.  But you finished it off nicely.  Now hopefully you can put on a business face, and hopefully we won't be back to looking for an apology again tomorrow  Smiley.

Thanks.

I checked and in the original post here on page 1 I state clearly I will even give my .5% to too causes like bounties.  So since I launched this coin it has all been exactly honest.  The other treads before I launched the coin, that was still in the brainstorming phase and there was no consesus.  Some said premine was good some said it was bad.  That's why I kept gong back and forth.

It's all clear now.

The whole 1% will go to bounties even my personal .5%.  And now r3, is a full 50% partner, free of charge so you can trust him since he has seniority. 

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:56:56 AM

I take mec  Cheesy

how much you want, i'll buy them on the off chance that either

A) i take over the coin and it becomes a successful, solid coin.

B) vladvlad apologizes, grows a thick skin and repairs his public image allowing the coin to have a future.

And r3,

This coin is nothing.

Check with shake,  the other stuff I wanted but he couldn't do.  This coin could have been way better.  If you can really program we can make this coin kick serious ass.  And like I said, I will freely gift you 50% and I will help with ideas and funding.

Afterall, it was my ideas with numbers that makes this coin behave the way it does and that's a sweet thing cause there's billion of possibilities yet I hit it on the first try cause numbers is my thing.

if shake can't do it, i probably can't either but trust me, you have a good base here. all we need to do is lower the coin cap and run 4 giveaways(1 here, 1 at altcointalk, 1 at cryptocointalk, and 1 in the cryptsy troll box). the development fund(the reserved portion of the premine for bounties and such will be discussed. once an agreement is reached, we will find trusted members to hold the coins, thus decentralizing it and minimizing the risk to miners. as long as you are a man of your word, all this will be fine.

I am a man of my word.

We will do all that you say and I will even give away my personal .5%.

I will not lower the hard cap which is around 440,000,000 coins c. Sorry, but that plays a key role in all the other numbers.  I didn't pick that number out of a hat, it was the result of the same math that makes this coin so stable.   That's not negotiable.  You have to be reasonable too and understand I did these things with a scope and purpose other than money.  

I give you all you want, I'll give in on everything but I will not let anyone mess with the number structure because it will negatively affect everything else.  440 million is not too much.  Just trust me in that I ran plenty of potential scenarios and it's fine.  Build a solid coin and that number means nothing.  And besides, you mess with that number and you'll mess with the golden blocks and that's the only advantage here.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:58:42 AM

Here is the page you need to fix up, the one most people have been talking about.  I know it gets quite confusing when you have multiple launch posts up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255936.0

Take care.  Hopefully the coin is still standing tomorrow.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:59:09 AM

I take mec  Cheesy

B) vladvlad apologizes, grows a thick skin and repairs his public image allowing the coin to have a future.

You can have half this coin for free cause you, like shake, are a decent man.

For your sake so you can have success with this coin I will apologize to everyone.  

Even I got spots.

But you pay me nothing for the 50%.  It's a gift but we are equal partners.  If not then ill hire a programmer and give him half and I'll go from there.  

well, yes i accept your role as partner, but you have to promise me that you will learn to handle yourself in a professional manner on here. Alot of these people here are decent men, trust me. they seem like a-holes, but they just are trying to get you to see how irrational you are being. you have to earn respect around here. when i released my coin it was page after page of insult. i paid it no mind, i answered questions, offered a promise of transparency and proved it over time that i was a man of my word. now less than 2 weeks since release, it has a community of users, 3 stores in the works and is trading on cryptsy at quite a respectable price.

I promise you, a little bit of humility will go along way around here. it doesn't matter if you can't code, as long as you prove to be non shady you will go far.

One last thing, work everything out with shake in the morning and contact me with your decision. I have to get some sleep now.

Work what out with shake, I already paid him and the coding is done.

I've been nothing but honest and transperant.

No shady business here. Ask shake, he talked me into putting the 1% back in and it was a good ideas so I did it.

I did nothing questionable or shady.  If one thing, peopl can trust me.  

I'm going to bed too but I don't know what shake has to do with this deal between me and you.  He did his part and he did a good job.  I wish I could have found a second programmer cause I had more features and ideas in mind i wanted in the coin.

We'll talk tomorrow and thanks for friendly advice.

I'm used to working in banking where people act human.  It's like rabid wolves here.   I tried my best to deliver the best coin and I got attained for it.

Talk to you tomorrow.  Take care and good luck.
What i meant by working it out with Shake is, he has your premine and didn't know what to do with it. he asked me if you ended up quitting the project if i wanted to take over since he already has some number of coins he manages for various people. he already did a mini giveaway to try to spread the word a bit about your coin, so people know its out there. we'll get to work tomorrow and we can lay out a plan. if you have skype you will need to add me so we can communicate privately and come together with a plan for alotment of bounties, a plan for making checkpoints/updates, and an overall list of goals for the coin. we can work with what you've got here, trust me. your diff retarget is good and we can make this coin pretty stable compared to most.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 08:03:38 AM

I take mec  Cheesy

You can have half this coin for free cause you, like shake, are a decent man.

For your sake so you can have success with this coin I will apologize to everyone.  

Even I got spots.

But you pay me nothing for the 50%.  It's a gift but we are equal partners.  If not then ill hire a programmer and give him half and I'll go from there.  

well, yes i accept your role as partner, but you have to promise me that you will learn to handle yourself in a professional manner on here. Alot of these people here are decent men, trust me. they seem like a-holes, but they just are trying to get you to see how irrational you are being. you have to earn respect around here. when i released my coin it was page after page of insult. i paid it no mind, i answered questions, offered a promise of transparency and proved it over time that i was a man of my word. now less than 2 weeks since release, it has a community of users, 3 stores in the works and is trading on cryptsy at quite a respectable price.

I promise you, a little bit of humility will go along way around here. it doesn't matter if you can't code, as long as you prove to be non shady you will go far.

One last thing, work everything out with shake in the morning and contact me with your decision. I have to get some sleep now.

Work what out with shake, I already paid him and the coding is done.

I've been nothing but honest and transperant.

No shady business here. Ask shake, he talked me into putting the 1% back in and it was a good ideas so I did it.

I did nothing questionable or shady.  If one thing, peopl can trust me.  

I'm going to bed too but I don't know what shake has to do with this deal between me and you.  He did his part and he did a good job.  I wish I could have found a second programmer cause I had more features and ideas in mind i wanted in the coin.

We'll talk tomorrow and thanks for friendly advice.

I'm used to working in banking where people act human.  It's like rabid wolves here.   I tried my best to deliver the best coin and I got attained for it.

Talk to you tomorrow.  Take care and good luck.
What i meant by working it out with Shake is, he has your premine and didn't know what to do with it. he asked me if you ended up quitting the project if i wanted to take over since he already has some number of coins he manages for various people. he already did a mini giveaway to try to spread the word a bit about your coin, so people know its out there. we'll get to work tomorrow and we can lay out a plan. if you have skype you will need to add me so we can communicate privately and come together with a plan for alotment of bounties, a plan for making checkpoints/updates, and an overall list of goals for the coin. we can work with what you've got here, trust me. your diff retarget is good and we can make this coin pretty stable compared to most.

I trust you - Tell shake to give you all my premine .5%, some 2 million coins. You use it for bounties and whatever you think is needed to make this coin a better coin.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 08:04:31 AM

Here is the page you need to fix up, the one most people have been talking about.  I know it gets quite confusing when you have multiple launch posts up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255936.0

Take care.  Hopefully the coin is still standing tomorrow.

Fixed it.   Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 08:07:59 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 08:22:51 AM by Vlad2Vlad

I'm gong to bed.  Lets see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully less drama.  Ha!

Thanks r3.  

The voice of reason!  

Today It earned you 50%, now let's see if we can take over every coin on the market with a bit of creativity and a lot of generosity and honesty.

Roger3636

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:52:04 AM

Hello Guys i'm fairly new to mining
I have been mining galaxycoins no problem

Can somebody explain the string in cg miner to connect to the nugget server?
I have my conf file in nugget-qt as nuggetcoin.conf with my  -u and -p
but I cant figure out the rest to connect.
maybe a simple guide would help others to start mining this new coin!!!
all the best
Roger
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:57:15 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 04:57:07 PM by weav

Hello Guys i'm fairly new to mining
I have been mining galaxycoins no problem

Can somebody explain the string in cg miner to connect to the nugget server?
I have my conf file in nugget-qt as nuggetcoin.conf with my  -u and -p
but I cant figure out the rest to connect.
maybe a simple guide would help others to start mining this new coin!!!
all the best
Roger

For solo gpu mining put this in your config file (%appdata%\nuggets\nuggets.conf on Windows and ~/.nuggets/nuggets.conf on Linux, create the file if it doesn't exist yet):

An updated nuggets.conf for everyone.

Code:
rpcuser=<your username here>	
rpcpassword=<a strong ass password>
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=5587
port=4588
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=24.6.21.198
addnode=216.58.23.148
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=97.89.174.206

Then run your wallet again.

With cgminer for example invoke it as: cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:5587 -u username -p yourpassword (add hardware specific parameters matching your cards to reach your max hashrate! You can find a comprehensive list of cards with good parameter choices in the notes here: http://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison)

AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:41:16 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 10:20:55 AM by AgentME

VLAD STILL DOESN'T REALIZE THAT THE "VGB PROTOCOL" IS BROKEN:

Yeah I noticed that (see "on edit") after posting.  However it looks like no block will get the lottery due to the order of the if statements.
Holy shit, you're right.

Big issue, the "VGB protocol" is completely broken not only in design, but also in implementation. No blocks will ever get the reward.

(Okay technically, blocks 249 and 250 alone have a small chance of getting the reward. But no other blocks!)

Also, a reminder that the coin is built to practically self-destruct:
Oh wow, I just realized there's no reward halving at all. After 7 years, rewards abruptly stop. Transaction fees will pay some rewards, but the sudden immediate drop-off would be chaos for the network as most miners go offline, and the remaining miners that stick it out will have extreme trouble meeting the high difficulty left in the wake. And then the network will be very vulnerable to 51% attacks.

Major issue.

And my biggest mistake was to launch a coin with no experience.  But all my friends as doctors, engineers or bums.  No programmers.  The coins launched so far are Mickey Mouse - so much better can Boone but people only care about making a quick buck.  I genuinely wanted a real coin for the long term where the payout would have come Down the line.
Long term indeed.

Is this thread some sort of practical joke?
He admits many times he has no ideas for the coin, besides that he wants to make it "for the miners" (of course, making a currency solely revolving around the money printers is fucked). Oh, and his one other idea was to copy LuckyCoin's random giant block rewards as if that were going to benefit the small miner. And he states how we should be grateful and he deserves his millions of coins premine.

Is this a project by some bitcoin-critic to see just how scammable the bitcoin community is? This can't be not on purpose, can it? Everything is just filled with failure here. I'd be cracking up laughing if people weren't still falling for it somehow.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:45:58 AM

Its like a lottery...The more tickets you buy, the more chance you have at winning. Since bigger miners, find more blocks, they have more chances of finding the super blocks. And, since the diff rises so quickly, small miners will be pushed out of the mining, very quickly....

GoldBit89

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:17:48 AM

tried to set forth on some solo mining tonight and again i failed:
kept getting this message:

[2013-07-15 01:05:09] Started cgminer 3.3.1
[2013-07-15 01:05:23] Probing for an alive pool
[2013-07-15 01:05:28] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] No servers were found that could be used to get work from

[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Please check the details from the list below of the serve
s you have input
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to ad
 a port, or have not set up workers
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Pool: 0  URL: http://192.168.1.xxx:5587  User: x.y Password: z
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Press any key to exit, or cgminer will try again in 15s.
[2013-07-15 01:06:44] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

my config file looks like this :
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rcpallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcport=5587
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=z
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
testnet=0
listen=0
maxconnections=100
addnode=69.85.86.195

any idea what i am doing wrong here?  i tried user and password this way too: -u x -p z.

tried on other coins solo as well. all come with same error---if i pool mine with cgminer or even cudaminer--no issues and everything works great.

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
Roger3636

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:23:00 AM

I tried eveything the gentlman above suggested I am getting the same error messeges did nuggets.conf in appdata reloaded wallet put the string in bat file even edited conf file NOTHING!
i this is not working soon i'n going back to the LTC pools
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:31:48 AM

As I've asked before, honest question, especially in light of recent things, why would you even want to bother mining this? Is it really this easy for a scamcoin to get users?
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:37:47 AM

tried to set forth on some solo mining tonight and again i failed:
kept getting this message:

[2013-07-15 01:05:09] Started cgminer 3.3.1
[2013-07-15 01:05:23] Probing for an alive pool
[2013-07-15 01:05:28] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] No servers were found that could be used to get work from

[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Please check the details from the list below of the serve
s you have input
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to ad
 a port, or have not set up workers
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Pool: 0  URL: http://192.168.1.xxx:5587  User: x.y Password: z
[2013-07-15 01:06:23] Press any key to exit, or cgminer will try again in 15s.
[2013-07-15 01:06:44] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

my config file looks like this :
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rcpallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcport=5587
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=z
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
testnet=0
listen=0
maxconnections=100
addnode=69.85.86.195

any idea what i am doing wrong here?  i tried user and password this way too: -u x -p z.

tried on other coins solo as well. all come with same error---if i pool mine with cgminer or even cudaminer--no issues and everything works great.

If you are running this on the same pc the wallet is on, then use :

http://127.0.0.1:5587 instead of http://192.168.1.X:5587

-tb-

Roger3636

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:22:40 AM

I think the reason why I cant connect all the 214 blocks have gone!
11:42:07

{
"blocks" : 214,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 2.97522754,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 91673378,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

12:20:43

getmininginfo

12:20:43

{
"blocks" : 214,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 2.97522754,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 91673378,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:23:39 AM

Well it looks like we got 36 blocks to go before rewards!

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:00:25 PM

Funniest thread ever. Bookmarked to come back for more.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:07:46 PM

Why are you still talking about me, I gave up on this long ago?

Also, since you're too dense to read the last few pages...a few people pointed out that you fucked up the bonus blocks and nobody will ever get them

Why I'm still trying to help you when you keep talking shit is beyond me

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: