Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:15:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121474 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 11:01:26 PM

As for the bounties, since I've been here I've seen real programmers take on serious tasks for lame 200,000 devcoins.  It was peanuts so naturally I thought .2 BTC was a good amount.  And if I pay to help get a pool off the ground of course i want half.

I don't think you have.   If so can you link to it?   I have yet to see a devcoin bounty that wanted a percentage ownership.  In this case,   the cost of setting up a pool is usually not even front loaded.   The main costs are the ongoing server and support costs.   To expect to buy into that for 50% for $20 for half the profit looks both greedy and insulting.  Anyone who is going to incur those costs, is not going to take you up on your offer, and it makes you look bad offering it.  Better to have offered nothing, then a stake grab like that.   To then call it a hefty fee just adds to the insult.

I gave away my 2.2 million coins to r3 to use to bounties how exactly am I suppose to make money off a coin I paid to launch.  It's this kind of BS that pisses me off.

You are still in the learning stage of these coins it seems.  Most people do seem to pay to learn, not make money off of it.

I have 2 dell servers I can donate for the pool.

And I have I have no idea about a lot of this stuff, I thought a pool was basically setting up a website which is a 2 day job.  So don't be so quick to insult maybe ask a few questions.  And I didn't say people doing serious coding for 200,000 devcoin wanted a cut, I was talking about the days of labor for basically nothing in pay.  

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Hit my 15th block.  woot woot

Waiting for that super-mega-block Wink

That's awesome dude.

I can't wait to see the first golden block hit.

It will require a hard fork for that.

Please call them golden blocks.

This is dofferent than super blocks and i never knew about about super blocks.  Until now I only read up on devcoins and ixCoins.

At any rate, these vlad Golden Blocks are different as they can be hit by anyone and the on a % basis it will be a big deal to any smaller miner, they're (golden blocks) valuable and they're designed as a lottery system.

Nonsense they are exactly indentical to superblocks with a different name.  They do nothing to help small miners any more than solo mining helps small miners compared to to pool mining (small chance of a lot vs guaranteed chance of some).

And soon the Golden Block will get hit as its randomly every 2 hours and so its overdue, it should hit any minute.

Are you dense?  Do you not even read your own launch thread.  Until hard forked "golden"/super block will never hit.  Not this hour, not this day, not this century.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:02:59 PM

And soon the Golden Block will get hit as its randomly every 2 hours and so its overdue, it should hit any minute.

It is not overdue.  It will not happen.  Until a forked client gets released.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 11:07:30 PM

I thought a guy found the bug in the code and fixed it.

Why would there need a hard fork when I paid to have it programmed for a golden block every 2 hours randomly.  I don't get it?

Man, I should have waited for a second programmer to proof read it.  I searched but nobody was responding and since this programmer had a good rep I just went with it.

This is too bad, the golden blocks was the most exciting part and I couldn't wait to see how it was working in real life.  Thanks for the heads up, you guys seem to know your stuff.  Appreciate it.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:07:40 PM

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:08:10 PM

So hey, I'm trying to solo min nuggets.  I downloaded the wallet.  What settings are you using?  TIA.

And thanks to r3 and shaky, they made a killer wallet.  The Easiest I've ever used.  

So somebody help me mine nuggets solo (its the only way for me to make some nugget coins, kinda sad)  I only have a laptop so I wanna mine it before the difficulty shoots up.  And soon the Golden Block will get hit as its randomly every 2 hours and so its overdue, it should hit any minute.

I'm using CGMiner to mine them right now...

Made a file named "nuggets.conf" and tossed it into

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Nuggets\

Mine looks like this:

Code:
rpcuser=Damnsammit
rpcpassword=xxxxxxxx
rpcallowip=192.168.1.1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=5587
addnode=69.85.86.195
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

Then using CGminer, I executed a batch that looks like this:

Code:
C:\#cryptocurrencies\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:5587 -u Damnsammit -p xxxxxxx --intensity 19 --gpu-engine 850 --gpu-fan 80 --thread-concurrency 7200 --shaders 2880 --worksize 256 --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

Been going since the wee hours of last night, and I knocked out a bit of those non-reward blocks.

Looking forward to the Golden Blocks as soon as r3wt gets the client updated Smiley
twobits

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:08:19 PM

I don't think you have.   If so can you link to it?   I have yet to see a devcoin bounty that wanted a percentage ownership.  In this case,   the cost of setting up a pool is usually not even front loaded.   The main costs are the ongoing server and support costs.   To expect to buy into that for 50% for $20 for half the profit looks both greedy and insulting.  Anyone who is going to incur those costs, is not going to take you up on your offer, and it makes you look bad offering it.  Better to have offered nothing, then a stake grab like that.   To then call it a hefty fee just adds to the insult.

I gave away my 2.2 million coins to r3 to use to bounties how exactly am I suppose to make money off a coin I paid to launch.  It's this kind of BS that pisses me off.

You are still in the learning stage of these coins it seems.  Most people do seem to pay to learn, not make money off of it.

And I have I have no idea about a lot of this stuff, I thought a pool was basically setting up a website which is a 2 day job.  So don't be so quick to insult maybe ask a few questions.  And I didn't say people doing serious coding for 200,000 devcoin wanted a cut, I was talking about the days of labor for basically nothing in pay.  

You thought that post was insulting?  It said what you just said, that you are learning, and have no idea about a lot of this stuff.    I don't have any questions at the moment to ask.  I think I understood things well enough.

Again, can you link to some specifics where someone did days of work for 200K dvc?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 11:10:06 PM

Can so embody tell me how they're solo mining nuggets?  What parameters are you using?

My laptop says "started" but there's nothing showing up, no debug code, nothing.

What parameters are you setting in the wallet to get it to mine.  I would like to accumulate some coins before the diff gets too high cause I don't have a spendy rig to mine with.  Thanks in advance.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:13:09 PM

Why would there need a hard fork when I paid to have it programmed for a golden block every 2 hours randomly.  I don't get it?

Maybe that is why you should have .... TESTED IT.  Try to guess how long it was from the time Satoshi published his paper to the public release of the v0.1 client.  It was roughly a year.

What you paid to have happen is irrelivent.  The code doesn't care.  The code is what the code is.  Right now every client expects all blocks (every single one) from 251 onward to be 49.  Any change to that is a hard fork.  It doesn't matter that you "want" the change it is still a hard fork. 

Nodes running the "old" code and "new" code will split at the first superblock.  The old nodes will see a block with any value other than 49 as invalid and reject the block.  The new nodes won't.  That is the very definition of a hard fork.  A difference is action between nodes running on the network.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 11:14:13 PM

You thought that post was insulting?  It said what you just said, that you are learning, and have no idea about a lot of this stuff.    I don't have any questions at the moment to ask.  I think I understood things well enough.

Again, can you link to some specifics where someone did days of work for 200K dvc?

There's thousands of posts on 4 different devcoin threads.

Point to me lying about anything and then you can doubt me or go search all those threads.

And please don't call me a liar for the 1% premine which is all going to bounties.  I was using this thread and another be to brainstorm what would be best for the coin.  Until the coin was released I had the right to choose what I thought was best. And to be honest I gave the programmer Instructions to kill all premine and he said that was stupid as I'd have no coins for bounties and he said 1% would be a good idea so I listened.

Besides that, you will not find a single lie from me over the last 3 months.  So believe what you want but I'm not digging through thousands of posts to prove anything.  This is open source, I find it easy to believe programmers take on projects for peanuts but not so much for the money but to help out a coin which they probably accumulated.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 11:19:34 PM

Maybe that is why you should have .... TESTED IT.  Try to guess how long it was from the time Satoshi published his paper to the public release of the v0.1 client.  It was roughly a year.

What you paid to have happen is irrelivent.  The code doesn't care.  The code is what the code is.  Right now every client expects all blocks (every single one) from 251 onward to be 49.  Any change to that is a hard fork.  It doesn't matter that you "want" the change it is still a hard fork. 

Nodes running the "old" code and "new" code will split at the first superblock.  The old nodes will see a block with any value other than 49 as invalid and reject the block.  The new nodes won't.  That is the very definition of a hard fork.  A difference is action between nodes running on the network.

When you pay a programmer to do a job you assume testing it is part of the job.

And in fact he said he was running it and it was all looking good.   To me that means he was testing it.  I asked around and everyone had nothing but good things to say about this guy.  In fact most said, if anyone can do this for you, it's this guy. 

He was the best I found, and he was not the cheapest as I even offered him extra money (almost double) to ensure it was done right, but he refused to take it so he is an honest guy.

The guy obviously made a mistake since this is something new compared to the way the super blocks for the other crapCoin were done.

And I'm no programmer I have no idea how to test something like this.

It's time for me to step away from this thread again cause I'm ready to shit a cow.

If anyone can PM me with the parameters to solo mine this coins I would appreciate it.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 11:27:23 PM

So hey, I'm trying to solo min nuggets.  I downloaded the wallet.  What settings are you using?  TIA.

And thanks to r3 and shaky, they made a killer wallet.  The Easiest I've ever used.  

So somebody help me mine nuggets solo (its the only way for me to make some nugget coins, kinda sad)  I only have a laptop so I wanna mine it before the difficulty shoots up.  And soon the Golden Block will get hit as its randomly every 2 hours and so its overdue, it should hit any minute.

I'm using CGMiner to mine them right now...

Made a file named "nuggets.conf" and tossed it into

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Nuggets\

Mine looks like this:

Code:
rpcuser=Damnsammit
rpcpassword=xxxxxxxx
rpcallowip=192.168.1.1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=5587
addnode=69.85.86.195
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

Then using CGminer, I executed a batch that looks like this:

Code:
C:\#cryptocurrencies\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:5587 -u Damnsammit -p xxxxxxx --intensity 19 --gpu-engine 850 --gpu-fan 80 --thread-concurrency 7200 --shaders 2880 --worksize 256 --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

Been going since the wee hours of last night, and I knocked out a bit of those non-reward blocks.

Looking forward to the Golden Blocks as soon as r3wt gets the client updated Smiley

Man, so I can't just hit the mining button on the wallet client?  Why can't someone just make an easy miner for all these coins.  I need a degree in software engineering to mine some coins.  And to think these guys wanted me to test out the program.  I have to laugh at myself at that one. 

I went to school for economics and finance.  I took one C++ class many years ago.  I know exactly jack and shit about this stuff.  But I'm willing to admit I know nothing, ask for help and pay bounties where necessary.

That's the most you can ask for someone who doesn't know anything about this stuff.

The masses are coming to alt coins soon, is this how you guys are gonna treat everyone that's not just like you?  You'll be greatly outnumbered and the bankers will take over so I'd definitely find another, more subtle approach.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:32:41 PM

The masses are coming to alt coins soon, is this how you guys are gonna treat everyone that's not just like you?  You'll be greatly outnumbered and the bankers will take over so I'd definitely find another, more subtle approach.

Why don't you focus on reading and learning yourself instead of writing such a huge amount of useless stuff?

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:35:48 PM

Man, so I can't just hit the mining button on the wallet client?  Why can't someone just make an easy miner for all these coins.  I need a degree in software engineering to mine some coins.  And to think these guys wanted me to test out the program.  I have to laugh at myself at that one. 

I went to school for economics and finance.  I took one C++ class many years ago.  I know exactly jack and shit about this stuff.  But I'm willing to admit I know nothing, ask for help and pay bounties where necessary.

That's the most you can ask for someone who doesn't know anything about this stuff.

Well you can mine with the wallet client, I believe.  Just click on Mining.

Put in anything for Username and Password, and put "127.0.0.1" for Server and "5587" for Port.

Then click Start Mining.

This will only mine with your CPU though, as you need a GPU mining to use your graphics card... and get better results!

I got a degree in finance, too, but this is a hobby for me, so glad to help in any way I can Tongue
twobits

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:40:47 PM

There's thousands of posts on 4 different devcoin threads.

Yes, though most of the posts and almost all of the bounties are still in the one original super long thread, of which I have post #4.    I have been watching devcoin and it's bounties for longer then you have.  I also am aware of the scope of work of most of the programming projects they have had bounties for.    I have never seen anything like you are claiming to have seen.

Point to me lying about anything and then you can doubt me or go search all those threads.

I can doubt you as I too have read the devcoin threads and seen the bounties.   You either are misunderstanding the scope/effort the bounty took, or the real reason it got done.   In order for me to understand which I need to know what bounty you consider to have been done like you claim.

Besides that, you will not find a single lie from me over the last 3 months.  So believe what you want but I'm not digging through thousands of posts to prove anything.  This is open source, I find it easy to believe programmers take on projects for peanuts but not so much for the money but to help out a coin which they probably accumulated.

I am doing more then believing what I want...   I read the devcoin threads and bounties and have never seen one that took two days of work for 200k coins.  I have never seen one even  anywhere near as lowball as your $20 to set up a pool and then own 50% of the take.  Since you say you know of these, you should be able to find them easily without needing to dig using the search and we can see if I missed them, or you misunderstand the scope.

Right, a lot of the stuff done for low prices, would really have gotten done anyway.   The bounty just gave the final motivation, or a fun little bonus.  I know I usually lose money every time I take time out to work on coin code.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:59:16 PM

This coin and its execution is a perfect sublimation of the profound stupidity in all this get-rich-quick scamcoin fever.

There is beauty in learning to understand the code while tweaking it, but what's the point in paying someone to release ASAP a useless clone without even understanding how it works?

All this "I missed the BTC early adopters train and now I'm so butthurt" syndrome is so pathetic...

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 12:18:39 AM

Oh my god now he's trying to solo mine on a laptop and needs someone to tell him how to set up solo mining his own coin.  Holy shit you can't make this stuff up.  This is a new low lol

mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:20:55 AM

The guy is a financist. He probably heard somewhere that “the masses are coming to alt coins soon” and decided that he can get ahead of the train by creating a scamcoin as soon as possible. He started to look for original ideas but could not come with anything better than “a miner’s coin”, then he even did not want to use his brain to think for a while and made a flawed design due to misundertstanding of probability, how do you like that? And lastly, he found some “programmer” who decided to cheat on the noob and did not bother to write the code well. Haste makes waste, so they say.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:56:49 AM

The guy is a financist. He probably heard somewhere that “the masses are coming to alt coins soon” and decided that he can get ahead of the train by creating a scamcoin as soon as possible. He started to look for original ideas but could not come with anything better than “a miner’s coin”, then he even did not want to use his brain to think for a while and made a flawed design due to misundertstanding of probability, how do you like that? And lastly, he found some “programmer” who decided to cheat on the noob and did not bother to write the code well. Haste makes waste, so they say.

Amazingly spot on TL;DR

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:00:07 AM

is that Bernanke (sp?) guy also a financier? (I am wondering if i am seeing a pattern here...)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: