Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:46:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins for illegal activity  (Read 2073 times)
yasong

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:09:36 PM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.

The so-called drug ring's modus operandi uses Bitcoin as a means of payment. "We only use Bitcoin to pay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
act now

Activity: 166
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:11:44 PM

Both bitcoin and fiat currencies can be used for illegal purposes. But Government does not forbid its own currency. So why should bitcoin be banned because of such risks? The answer is obvious - the Government is afraid of the competition of the national currency with bitcoin.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:14:12 PM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.
Bitcoin itself is not the cause of illegal activities. Like physical money or fiat its holders have the freedom of choice to where he is going to use or spend his bitcoin to. Physical money are also being used for illegal activties like drugs, paying bribes and so on and so forth, the advantage of bitcoin is its anonymity so they are not easily traced for their crimes.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:42:20 PM

Bitcoin is really useful and prioritized by all of us in this world. But the thing happened. Those people who do illegal thing about bitcoin is not good lots of us will suffer. If the governments banned some countries who do illegally .And by the end they see regretion.
For me, we don't need to worry about them, just let  the officials do their  job and that is to protect people from those scammers and as a not newbie here in crypto world we should not involve ourselves or we should not let ourselves victim of scam and don't scam people too.
ajja

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:43:11 PM

bitcoin is made to simplify many things there are people who use it in a positive way there is also a negative, very unfortunate there are people who use it negatively it will damage the good name bitcoin.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:47:33 PM

I think bitcoin is not to be blamed by the illegal drugs that are being sold. It is just like the ordinary fiat yet we don't see any government banning money all together. What I think the government should focus on, is to find the other end of the business which is the delivery of the illegal goods so that they can apprehend the criminal and stop these illegal activities.
PHP.guru

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:21:50 PM

Bitcoins might be used for illegal activities in the past due to the anonymous features that bitcoin created. But now, some of the terrorist activities or money laundry company been tracked down and was caught by police. Thus now, we can say that bitcoin is prohibit and will track down those party that use bitcoin to do bad thing.

Suler12

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:18:07 PM

The rising value of Bitcoin allows us to see him in different markets.
For instance, no longer is served at weddings in this case shows us that even Bitcoin its place in our lives.
It is now possible to see it in all areas .
 Smiley Smiley
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:40:12 PM

Bitcoin is not for illegal activities. Bitcoin is created to give us more options and decide for ourselves. Here, many people that are integrated to cryptocurrency have started doing trades and investments. I hope that eventually, all people and all government will see the potential of bitcoin to use it to improve the economy. So keep your patience up and hold your bitcoins.
mekusproj

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:01:33 PM

Some people would consider anonymity from paying customers as one of the negative aspects of bitcoin. If on the other hand, you are concerned with privacy then bitcoin is proper. Bitcoin is infamous for being the payment preference of people offering illegal services. While bitcoin can be used for illegal services, it’s still a legitimate way to make or take payments. Because of its anonymity, bitcoin have wrongly gotten a reputation for being “illegal” or “shady,” which most businesses want to avoid.
 Despite the various negativity, there are millions out there that still use it in an appropriate manner.
Arlette Foxsparkle

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:06:28 PM

For this event we don't have anything to do, The big problem for this is about people. Because bitcoin was created for a good idea not to evil works although bitcoin is giving more opportunities to help people they are used this for the bad deeds.

We cannot force people to stop their evil deeds but we can control them to makes negative things. We as a good person properly working with bitcoin we should think wisely before joining in abounty campaign and doing anything else in investing and trading cryptocurrency. We can also create a limitation between scammers and good people.

ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:18:17 PM

all things are good and there is also a bad way to live how we to address it, bitcoin can indeed be done for these activities but we also have to see inside bitcoin there is a system blockchain which is very useful for the community

Boldcom

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:20:52 PM

the use of bitcoin will always depend on the owner/holder of the bitcoin. everything was made in purpose, but abuse and misuse put everything in peril.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:25:49 PM

Some people are using Bitcoins as their illegal actions like scamming and gambling activity but, mostly they trade and mining Bitcoins just to get more profit and invest it in some other ICO. Illegal using of Bitcoin is for the people that wanted to get rich easily and to make it fast. In some other countries they banned Bitcoins because of this illegal actions or activities like scamming people when investing a lot of money.
I agree, we cant stop those people who used bitcoin in illegal activity but we cant learn from them, that what they are doing was not good. Honestly speaking, even good things may used in illegal if people want. If I were them I will used it in good so that I dont need to worry things while im earning it.
Cryptointellection

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 11:34:07 PM

How are people paying on the streets when buying drugs? FIAT, Dollars, EUROS, so nothing wrong with it....
RKSummer

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:10:18 AM

Well, it is not the problem with Bitcoin but the human involved. There are also cases whereby people buy and sell drugs or involve in any illegal activities using fiat.

I agree, bitcoin has nothing to do with doing such illegal activity, it's the users who abuses bitcoin for being anonymous. We can't stop those people for doing such things.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:20:31 PM

For me, Bitcoin being used in illegal activities such as drugs, guns, war, terrorist among others, does not define what Bitcoin really is. Bitcoin can be use by everyone in the way that they want to, so Bitcoin is never to blame if it falls in the wrong hands. I may be an instrument of bad people but it doesn't erase the fact that it also is an instrument to make of a lot of people lives better. Let's not just focus on the bad to make Bitcoin look bad.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:40:05 PM

Only people who absolutely do not understand cryptocurrencies can draw conclusions that bitcoin is created for criminals. And it's too bad someone really believes that.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:06:18 PM

Of course, it will be great if bitcoin developers can make sure that illegal transactions do not interact with cryptocurrency. But unfortunately, this is impossible, and we only have to convince people that bitcoin is not the currency of criminals.

crypto002

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

yes it can be used for illegal activity but other fiat currency like dollar ,pound are also used for this. bitcoin hype started few years ago before that how people did illegal activity ? offcourse by fiat currency and even if they use bitcoin they have to cash out in fiat for those people who do this kind of stuff.
They just cant buy everything bitcoin. i agree with all the people its about human nature not technology
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: