Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:22:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:38:06 PM

I agree that snapshot shouldn’t be used. CPU mining isn’t an option?
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:50:35 PM

I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Are you part of team, or have you discussed with about about you owning all social account.
Because for any coin, one person owning all social account is not secure.
Also, one person can not manage all social account as we grow.

Have you thought of it?

selling sushistake.com, send offers
moneroguru

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:56:47 PM

Very cool - i was actually searching for similar thing - DAG with the privacy features of zkSnark or RingCT. Good luck.

I will make a donation of one BTC as soon as i can free up funds.
Worst case, it goes to 0, and i eat the loss.
Best case, something really useful comes out of it.

Do you have a github repo? I would love to follow it - I am a very technical person, and would be interested in even meeting in person if you are in bay area.
fonship

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:56:55 PM

..i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

I would love to see this distribution model come to play. This will be an honourable gesture towards the RaiBlocks community and it's developers who worked so passionately on creating this beautiful code.
Distribution to Bitcoin holders as well will allow for additional exposure and overall fairness to a wider user base.

No way, why make rich people richer?

As I said, paying respect to the originators of this code by choosing a friendly fork.  I can understand the wish for a free-for-all airdrop and perhaps that can be incorporated as well. However, this is not just another ERC20 token on the Ethereum network that requires almost no development resources.

XRB distribution has been flawed by BOTs and that's the reason they stopped faucets:
- https://www.google.it/search?q=youtube+railblock+software&oq=youtube+railblock+software

Do you think distribution like that would be fair? Please let's Stone have it's own life. Projects are open source so anyone can use them and improve.

Nobody is asking for a free for all airdrop. But for a fair distribution. Give them to already XRB holders is not. Moreover most of them will go to XRB representatives (https://raiblocks.net/page/frontiers.php). Is this fair?

agreed, since we want wider and fairer distribution we should think of another way to do it

I'm also against this. We need a better (unique) distribution model which is fair and can get a lot of attention. Only if someone can come up with a better idea

I am also not in favor of doing airdrop to our blockchain wallets BTC or XRB. That will make big holders for Stone which dont even know Stone. Which will create high chances of dump from big people and sudden growth in number of people having Stone is not good. Also, I dont know what is planned supply of Stone but doing airdrop will increase supply significantly.

Its better to start with a close community which believe in Stone rather than making majority community of non-believer if you airdrop to other chain bag holders.

fonship

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:00:03 PM

Very cool - i was actually searching for similar thing - DAG with the privacy features of zkSnark or RingCT. Good luck.

I will make a donation of one BTC as soon as i can free up funds.
Worst case, it goes to 0, and i eat the loss.
Best case, something really useful comes out of it.

Do you have a github repo? I would love to follow it - I am a very technical person, and would be interested in even meeting in person if you are in bay area.

Now this kind of account stops me from donating here. Brand new account, which claims he understands DAG and was looking for it and Also, able to find this project to make his first post and claim to donate 1 BTC.
This creates FOMO effect and I can not say who is trying to do that.
If the team behind this project is doing that, I dont feel this project will go far.

PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:02:37 PM

Yes, I only reserved these accounts just in case someone took them. I will most certainly transfer the accounts to Felix and the proper community members once instructed. I certainly can't manage all of the various community channels by myself and welcome any and all help.

In regards to distribution, I believe a non-exploitable faucet-like distribution method may provide the most efficient option to distribute stones to as wide a global reach of humanity as we can. There are many human beings living around the world where a quick & private currency may help save their lives.
fonship

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:04:40 PM

Yes, I only reserved these accounts just in case someone took them. I will most certainly transfer the accounts to Felix and the proper community members once instructed. I certainly can't manage all of the various community channels by myself and welcome any and all help.

Yes, that would be great! Also, thank you for the great looking website.
Happy new year!

moneroguru

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:08:50 PM

fonship: You can find me semi-active on monero reddit group. I am mostly a reader of bitcointalks.
I am a software engineer with masters from MIT, and i am fairly educated in cryptography, and been following cryptocurrencies for about 4 years.

Feel free to PM me if you want me to reveal my identity.
moneroguru

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:18:39 PM

felixando: Will you be following a similar privacy mentality similar to monero?
With monero:
- Transactions, senders/receivers are private, amounts are private.
- The privacy is enabled by default - this is different from zcash model, for example. Zcash privacy is opt in, so people with private transactions are "under" suspicion of some sort.
- It's possible to get transactions with transaction hash and transaction keys.
- Monero has the concept of view key, which makes it easier to audit.
MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:27:05 PM

An airdrop to all who are interested would be best.

Reward those who know and want STONE to succeed.

And whoever did the V1 logo, that shit is fire!
Showlow

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:27:44 PM

With monero:
- The privacy is enabled by default - this is different from zcash model, for example. Zcash privacy is opt in, so people with private transactions are "under" suspicion of some sort.

All those aspects are what will make or break this coin. At a minimum, anonymous transactions and balances need to be required and not given as an option.
PerfectCoinSeeker

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:28:56 PM

Yes, that would be great! Also, thank you for the great looking website.
Happy new year!

Thank you! Happy new year to you and to all!
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:37:12 PM

I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!
Although I'm new to following this topic but I beg to disagree with this.  Those social media platforms should be handled by the core team members.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:43:19 PM

dag is the next blockchain revolution. is blockchain 3.0. i am acctually very bullish on all early dag projects

I concur!

When faucet ready?

I'm sorry but as discussed in a previous post, faucets place too much stress on the community, for that reason i have decided against it.

Now I suddenly understand the reason of the huuuuge rise in price of RAIBLOCKS recently - people want to catch 2 coins with one buy.

Hi there, we have not yet finalized the method of distribution, whether it will be a bitcoin snapshot, raiblocks snapshot, airdrop or some other method, i'm aiming towards even and fair distribution, if you have suggestions you are welcome to post your idea! i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

I have a great idea for distribution, leave 30% to donators, then the other 70% do a bitcoin airdrop/merge, the same thing which zclassic is doing right now.

Please get back to me with your thoughts, i'm sure the rest of the community would support this.

From here on, Its all about what kind of "coin" you want to "be" in this world.  

If what fuels the developer passion for the project is quick personal economic growth, then yes distribute it using methods that already favor the able, rich and wealthy.

In that case, the only semblance to raiblocks its the fact it was forked from it.    

He has one chance to fairly decentralize a coin. What he will choose will steer the project.

I appreciate your words of support, and your spot on with what fuels my passion, which is represented in the OP.

Possible to reserve Dutch translation?

I'm sorry i wont be needing translations as of yet - we are still in PRE-ANN stage, perhaps when the first wallet is released and distribution has commenced.

raiblocks 2.0 ? are you one of raiblocks core team ? or this thread is just to gain more exposure / new money comes into raiblocks  Huh

btw DAG with privacy features will be very interesting
this project will be hype as what raiblocks gained till today

I bet this to be much better than RaiBlocks, avoiding their mistakes (very bad exchange, pump based on low volume and exchange bug) and possible price manipulation too.

RaiBlocks is a work of art, i pay alot of respect to Colin and the team for the beautiful piece of code they have presented. The exchange issues were out of Colin's hands. I dont plan to be better than RaiBlock, i just plan and adding to the already existing tech, something different.

In other news - development is going to plan, i have been playing with in-line transactions with great results with the added weight of zk-SNARK's, currently receiving 7s round trip response times for anonymous transactions, but with a alot of tuning i should be able to bring that right down to at least 3s - 600ms. I will also be creating a github in the very near future, id advise not to donate until then, if your slightly worried about the legitimacy of my project.

Thank you to the supporters so far.

If you  don't plan to be better than RaiBlocks,  what's the need that necessited your project?  What need are you looking to solve that RaiBlocks  isn't doling yet.
moneroguru

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:43:46 PM

Hi Fonship - i received your message but just hit this:
"You have exceeded the limit of 1 personal messages per hour. Buying a Copper membership may increase your limit."

I will respond in an hour.
PerfectCoinSeeker

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:46:35 PM

Although I'm new to following this topic but I beg to disagree with this.  Those social media platforms should be handled by the core team members.

Yes, I plan to transfer the accounts to trusted core team members when instructed.

With monero:

All those aspects are what will make or break this coin. At a minimum, anonymous transactions and balances need to be required and not given as an option.

Indeed, a completely private feature set is pivotal for secure utility.
moneroguru

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:01:43 PM

One more thing that monero people likes to rant: There is no rich list, so accounts are also private.
moneroguru

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:20:07 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 09:47:58 PM by moneroguru

felixando:
Also - this is a bit beyond my knowledge, but for zkSnarks do you need an initial setup?
ZCASH - this is one of the big flaws:
https://z.cash/blog/the-design-of-the-ceremony.html

It's kind of "hand-wavy" and very concerning for the currency itself. It doesn't seem like it's concern for privacy, though, but could be used to generate counterfeit currency.

"The problem is, if an attacker were to get a copy of that corresponding private key, they could use it to create counterfeit Zcash. That is the only harm they could do with it — they could not violate anyone else's privacy nor steal other people's Zcash."

Thoughts?

EDIT: On a second thought, this probably wouldn't be an issue for DAG due to no-mining scenario?
moneroguru

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:30:14 PM

As for airdrop to BTC holders, I take pride in not owning any bitcoin, I only use it when transfering from GDAX to other exchanges and to buy other things.

BTC is slow, not fungible, and stopped innovating anymore.
I have/had monero, sumo, aeon, zcash - I believe in privacy.
cryptopathshala

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 09:49:53 PM

As for airdrop to BTC holders, I take pride in not owning any bitcoin, I only use it when transfering from GDAX to other exchanges and to buy other things.

BTC is slow, not fungible, and stopped innovating anymore.
I have/had monero, sumo, aeon, zcash - I believe in privacy.

How about ZCL as they are coming up with BTCP.

Crypto Pathshala ¦ Blockchain Ninja Warriors-Here  (https://instagram.com/cryptopathshala/)
Helping People to Make Informed Decision
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: