Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:46:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jones2020

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:24:21 AM

Watching this, OP said he could finish it in 2 months. RaiBlocks colin worked on the project on his own with no major exchanges look now. This is very promising, will be watching this.
PrinceOfPersia711

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:32:19 AM

In Raiblocks, when there is a fork,  balance-weighted vote is used to determine the outcome through use of representatives.

How would balance-weighted vote work in Stone? cos certain amount of balances will be shielded if zsnarks are used

Requoting as I would definitely donate if you can answer this question.
From my findings with drafts between the balanced-weighted vote & sk-SNARKs, unfortunately the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & z-addresses (zStone), with an exact exchange between paired wallets for a private untraceable transaction. My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have received the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Apologies in advance for the rough draft schematics, this is not anywhere near complete and is subject to change.

zStone would not be a separate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

felixando

Wow, that sounds great. Looks like progress is being made.
cryptopathshala

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:04:06 AM

Also, distribution is fine, we can discuss.

But have you decided anything on how much you will keep for yourself or future development fund?

Crypto Pathshala ¦ Blockchain Ninja Warriors-Here  (https://instagram.com/cryptopathshala/)
Helping People to Make Informed Decision
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:24:50 AM

Look forward seeing the finished product. No ICO right?
Capsaicin

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:47:47 AM

Following with interest. But I won't pay before seeing the actual product.
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:49:39 AM

But have you decided anything on how much you will keep for yourself or future development fund?
Hi, the community can decide if i need a long term development fund, i do not wish to upset anyone, i'm happy having 0%, i can purchase Stone with my personal savings.

Thank you for your support, no ICO, there is however an optional donation fund, however that is not necessary for a share, as a community we have not finalized a method for the remaining 70% of distribution, however i can assure you it will be fair, and be something that the community chooses.

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
Everipedia

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:13:35 AM

Hi, the community can decide if i need a long term development fund, i do not wish to upset anyone, i'm happy having 0%, i can purchase Stone with my personal savings.

Thank you for your support, no ICO, there is however an optional donation fund, however that is not necessary for a share, as a community we have not finalized a method for the remaining 70% of distribution, however i can assure you it will be fair, and be something that the community chooses.

felixando

Hey Felix, I donated to you because I like what you are doing. Good luck on this.

But please consider trying very hard to make the entire system private. I know that you are thinking of doing off chain transactions as the zk portion, but I personally think if there's another method to implement full private transactions by default, this currency can give monero true competition. If not, it is not as interesting for real world usage.

Do you need any help? I am interested what you think the most difficult portion of the project is. My guess is probably trying to do a zk proof while keeping the RaiBlocks representative system in tact?
moneroguru

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:27:12 AM

Hey Felix, I donated to you because I like what you are doing. Good luck on this.

But please consider trying very hard to make the entire system private. I know that you are thinking of doing off chain transactions as the zk portion, but I personally think if there's another method to implement full private transactions by default, this currency can give monero true competition. If not, it is not as interesting for real world usage.

Do you need any help? I am interested what you think the most difficult portion of the project is. My guess is probably trying to do a zk proof while keeping the RaiBlocks representative system in tact?

Agreed. It should be private/fungible by default, if possible. It will come at a cost with increased transaction size potentially, but if it's technically possible, it'd be a fundamental addition to its privacy.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:31:47 AM

would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.

Sounds good to me.  Ouroboros research shows how crucial an honest staking community is to keeping the system functional.

My idea is to piggyback on existing patterns of well-distributed coins.  So Stone enjoys as long and fat a tail of initial stake hodlers as reasonably feasible.

20% Donators
20% XRB hodlers
20% BTC hodlers
20% LTC hodlers
20% DCR holders (well-executed airdrop, "8,793 entrants. 3,244 successful participants" https://forum.decred.org/threads/airdrop-rundown.313/ plus years of very cheap coins)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:45:42 AM

Looks great. Also appreciate the honesty of this being a work in progress, subject to change, as the ideas get more developed. It gets old when whitepapers promise the world, when really, it is a coin and team that is just starting out.

It could still be a good idea to do a bounty type program as a way to distribute some coins. The bounty could be more of a 'payment' that actually focuses on the things you've mentioned you don't currently have or aren't interested in doing right away - like an airdrop of coins for doing up website or pulling together some basic infographics. Understand that this is probably something that makes more sense once the direction for Stone has firmed up a bit.
shixd8899

Activity: 350
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:57:15 AM

Watching this, OP said he could finish it in 2 months. RaiBlocks colin worked on the project on his own with no major exchanges look now. This is very promising, will be watching this.

Stone promises to deliver quality products in time. Although the price rise is determined by the market, I think it should not be bad. I can consider buying some of them. Smiley
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:00:36 AM

felixando

As long as their is no ICO and the distribution is fair and known ahead of time then I am 100% on board with this idea and coin. Not only will I have this thread bookmarked but I have been actively looking for coins to compete with the current DAG coins and Stone looks like a proper competitor Smiley.

EsanCat

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:30:33 AM

I agree with longtimelurker.

Airdrops is so 2017 Smiley

If you want champions for your coin, find them, challenge them, charge them. Personally, I'm bored with all the stupid bounties and silly airdrops and massive discounts for whales. Many projects talk about giving power to the people, getting more users, but they all end up doing the same thing, casting coins (airdrops) into the wind and handing huge bags to whales who will dump as soon as it looks profitable.

I usually just lurked, then when I tried to log in for the first time in years (must have been back in 2013) I guess my account was locked...so that's why I'm a newcomer despite being an..."old comer?" Anyway I remember feather coin and aurora coin and all those random alts lol. Funny how some survive and some don't.

Anyway, I was really impressed with raiblocks but my main concern was security. I'm glad this looks to be more privacy oriented than raiblocks however I'd strongly advocate for expanding the team somewhat. If I'm not mistaken you've received >50k+ in donations (and counting). Congratulations. This, if used properly, can speed development as well as increase your personal gain from this venture.

As far as distribution goes, airdrops are a horrible way to go. They manage to simultaneously raise 0 money for the actual project in question, and yet favor whales over people that actually grow the overall value of the coin by getting the word out. Whales aren't bad people or anything, but if you want marketshare you want more people with a vested interest in your coin, not 10 dudes with 50% of the coins.

A far better solution is to pre-sell coins. What about whales you say? Well, make a cap, and only sell to people that commented on this thread before a certain timeframe. Ex. max donation is 500 bucks (or half an ether or whatever), and you must have a bitcoin talk account associated with the donation or you get nothing.

Again, seriously consider expanding the team. The good news is you have a ton of interest because of the underlying tech + strong demand. The bad news is that you have a limited window of opportunity to capitalize on that hype.

Best of luck,
A long time lurker.
Jester.

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:33:05 AM

would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.

Sounds good to me.  Ouroboros research shows how crucial an honest staking community is to keeping the system functional.

My idea is to piggyback on existing patterns of well-distributed coins.  So Stone enjoys as long and fat a tail of initial stake hodlers as reasonably feasible.

20% Donators
20% XRB hodlers
20% BTC hodlers
20% LTC hodlers
20% DCR holders (well-executed airdrop, "8,793 entrants. 3,244 successful participants" https://forum.decred.org/threads/airdrop-rundown.313/ plus years of very cheap coins)

Hey i like this idea! hey arent you the Monero developer?
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:43:09 AM

Airdrop to other privacy coin communities.

BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:56:35 AM

People.

This is a scam.

There's a well known scammer who goes by the name of David Wilkinson who usually does this.

He will jump on the latest hype train and then always say he will implement privacy features into a clone of a successful coin.

He also asks for "donations"

One of his most well known scams was Zion.

Another one was Mentrio.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1609701.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1508574.0

There are also countless others if you've been on bitcointalk long enough.

Just be wary.

If this is actually legit, then I'm happy to be proven wrong but be aware of this fact.

Don't let greed get the better of you.

PS: There will also never be any code. He will just copy ideas from other successful projects and pass them off as if he will be working on it. But you will never see any real implementation of his "code".
moneroguru

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:12:05 AM

Thanks bitpotus.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:15:33 AM

looking forward to a sneak peak of the code.
Florg

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Information Sponge

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 07:19:20 AM

People.

This is a scam.

There's a well known scammer who goes by the name of David Wilkinson who usually does this.

He will jump on the latest hype train and then always say he will implement privacy features into a clone of a successful coin.

He also asks for "donations"

One of his most well known scams was Zion.

Another one was Mentrio.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1609701.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1508574.0

There are also countless others if you've been on bitcointalk long enough.

Just be wary.

If this is actually legit, then I'm happy to be proven wrong but be aware of this fact.

Don't let greed get the better of you.

PS: There will also never be any code. He will just copy ideas from other successful projects and pass them off as if he will be working on it. But you will never see any real implementation of his "code".

I agree these seem like quite large red flags.  Good looking out!

Keep your private keys safe!

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/
Jester.

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:29:01 AM

and the trolls arrive! ready to attempt to ruin another project! get out of here  Cheesy there's the scam-callers in every thread, my favourite current one is the scam-callers in the Raiblocks thread; Raiblocks is the most unscammiest coin out, yet we still have the trolls.

My suggestion: set the trolls to ignore in there profile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: