Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:34:59 PM

Hi Felix, I'm really interested in the project. I also would like to donate, but as a long time member here on bitcointalk I'm always a bit sceptical with donations. I first invested into RaiBlocks in January and have been between the first people to talk about them on twitter since I have seen the potential in that project.

Please let me help with testing and I will do what I can to make this project a success.

felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 12:36:22 PM

Hi.

If you still need users, I'd like to be in the testnet.

Cheers.
Thank you for your interest and support, the latest batch of users have been added to testnet.

felixando

Hi Felix, I'm really interested in the project. I also would like to donate, but as a long time member here on bitcointalk I'm always a bit sceptical with donations. I first invested into RaiBlocks in January and have been between the first people to talk about them on twitter since I have seen the potential in that project.

Please let me help with testing and I will do what I can to make this project a success.

Thanks traumschiff, i can actually say I've seen your name thrown around RaiBlocks + twitter right around when i begun noticing DAG systems. I understand being skeptical, which is why i ask supporters to wait until a product is tested and released to take part, this goes for all projects, not just my own.

I will do my best over the next few months to settle any doubts and release a quality piece of code, as opposed to rushed.

I appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you around the community once the official forum has been setup.

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:47:57 PM

Hi.

If you still need users, I'd like to be in the testnet.

Cheers.
Thank you for your interest and support, the latest batch of users have been added to testnet.

felixando

Thanks traumschiff, i can actually say I've seen your name thrown around RaiBlocks + twitter right around when i begun noticing DAG systems. I understand being skeptical, which is why i ask supporters to wait until a product is tested and released to take part, this goes for all projects, not just my own.

I will do my best over the next few months to settle any doubts and release a quality piece of code, as opposed to rushed.

I appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you around the community once the official forum has been setup.

felixando

Thanks for the response. Will follow the thread and looking forward for the developments. Hope I can help you with the testing as I've been using the earlier xrb wallets aswell.

Good luck!

sako01

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:37:47 PM

Hi Felix, please add me to the testnet group if there's still room left. Thanks!
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:52:41 PM

Feeling the same. The donations would sure reach new heights if some code or MVP would be released before the donation period ends
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 03:19:20 PM

Good morning to you all, today will be a small update and recap on recent events/posts, hopefully one of many if i acquire the time to do so. Id like to take this time to earnestly thank my supporters and the people who have been sending supportive and appreciative private messages, also to the donators, development could not continue without you, Thank you.

Distribution

As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

30% donators (ending shortly - exact date yet to be announced)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.
10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

From my findings with the balanced-weighted vote the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & (zStone) z-addresses, with an exact exchange between paired wallets for an untraceable transaction .My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have recieved the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

zStone would not be a seperate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Tests

I've been testing the functionality with zkSNARK transactions in a closed server, with positive results, sub ten-second transactions, with privacy.

The following members will take part in testnet, at this stage i do not need any more participants.

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:23:54 PM

Good morning to you all, today will be a small update and recap on recent events/posts, hopefully one of many if i acquire the time to do so. Id like to take this time to earnestly thank my supporters and the people who have been sending supportive and appreciative private messages, also to the donators, development could not continue without you, Thank you.

Distribution

As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

From my findings with the balanced-weighted vote the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & (zStone) z-addresses, with an exact exchange between paired wallets for an untraceable transaction .My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have recieved the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

zStone would not be a seperate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN

SWAP
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Tests

I've been testing the functionality with zkSNARK transactions in a closed server, with positive results, sub ten-second transactions, with privacy.

The following members will take part in testnet, at this stage i do not need any more participants.

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

felixando

thanks for the heads up. I hope the people from the testnet will give some updates here Smiley

monerofort

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:25:13 PM

FRIKKIN BOOM!

so tempting to donate more, this is looking real good.
Yodax

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:17:15 PM

Distribution

5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN

SWAP

Tests

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

https://i.imgur.com/a4TPGFL.png

felixando

except the '"32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders", i think the distribution is cool. you should have increased Giveaway and development found imo
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:26:33 PM

Distribution

5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN

SWAP

Tests

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

felixando

I would like to partecipate in Testnet or to see a video.

Can you show us a video of a transaction test?

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
Nomad_1

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:28:47 PM

Assuming this thing can take off, the distribution scheme is possibly the worst idea and is as far as possible from your initial posts of wanting a fair distribution.

Whales will form pretty quick - and then this market will be manipulated like just about every other crypto at the moment.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

Distribution

5% Development fund

I hope this distribution is not set is stone (sorry for bad pun Grin).

Why grant paid spammers twice as much as allocated to development?  Do you really want to emphasize Astroturf marketing over development and wind up like Dash?

According to Cardano's Ouroboros research, an honest initial distribution pattern is critical to maintaining the integrity of a Proof-of-Stake system going forward.

Your schema could be tweaked to allow a much longer, fatter tail by expanding the airdrop to LTC and DCR.  That would bring in vastly more participants than BTC and XRB alone, which enhances the probability of achieving an honest staking voter base which cannot be compromised by a handful of BTC and XRB whales.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Rio47

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:46:28 PM

Can anyone know this telegram channel @Stoneplatform  ? We should talk there?
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:03:58 PM

Assuming this thing can take off, the distribution scheme is possibly the worst idea and is as far as possible from your initial posts of wanting a fair distribution.

Whales will form pretty quick - and then this market will be manipulated like just about every other crypto at the moment.

Must quote. Worst distribution scheme ever seen.

Faucet would have been much better.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:39:07 PM

Must quote. Worst distribution scheme ever seen.

Faucet would have been much better.

Disagree. Faucet was the sole reason for xrb not making it to bigger exchanges and the community was toxic. Captcha workers didn't transition to community members and most of them were employed by farmers anyway who paid them less money for their coins. It was a good temporary income for them, but overall it hurt the project way more than it helped and fucked the people who spent money on those coins.

Also you probably think that the difficulty curve for farming coins will be the same as with xrb, that you will be able to gain a good stash early. Truth is that after xrb took off so heavily recently you wouldn't be able to farm proper quantities as that huge number of people who farmed in the end will be here on start.

A small % allocated to a faucet and bounties are okay, but that's about it.

Also to felixando
: The Semux (java based crypto) project's bitcointalk thread got closed by the global modes, because people got way too high rewards for the signature bounty and they were spamming heavily on the board.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:47:15 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 10:26:43 PM by traumschiff

Distribution

5% Development fund

Why grant paid spammers twice as much as allocated to development?  Do you really want to emphasize Astroturf marketing over development and wind up like Dash?

According to Cardano's Ouroboros research, an honest initial distribution pattern is critical to maintaining the integrity of a Proof-of-Stake system going forward.

Your schema could be tweaked to allow a much longer, fatter tail by expanding the airdrop to LTC and DCR.  That would bring in vastly more participants than BTC and XRB alone, which enhances the probability of achieving an honest staking voter base which cannot be compromised by a handful of BTC and XRB whales.

RaiBlocks and Stone isn't PoS though (no inflation after the initial distribution), it uses a voting mechanism to deal with malicious forks, but every account with any amount of coins count and it also takes uptime and history into consideration. There is some weighting done according to balance, but overall it takes every account with any balance into the equation. Also there is a PoW needed both with sending and recieving blocks as every account is it's own chain, so putting small ballances on every account in itself isn't enough to vote manipulate, you have to do some heavy work aswell.

I agree though that an airdrop to different coin holders could work better with the voting mechanism. BTC, LTC, DCR, XMR, XRB, STRATIS to name a few could work well with even % distro.

moneroguru

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:50:49 AM

So the balances are not private? That doesn't sound good.
ella007

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:14:28 AM

Hello DEV, i'm XRB holders. how can i get Stone Coin? Please tell me the step. thank you so much.

Great job dev.
mcall

Activity: 292

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:27:58 AM

How to allocate it about 30% donators? According to the price of the dollar at the time of donation,or others?
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:46:05 AM

Distribution

5% Development fund

Why grant paid spammers twice as much as allocated to development?  Do you really want to emphasize Astroturf marketing over development and wind up like Dash?

Your schema could be tweaked to allow a much longer, fatter tail by expanding the airdrop to LTC and DCR.  That would bring in vastly more participants than BTC and XRB alone, which enhances the probability of achieving an honest staking voter base which cannot be compromised by a handful of BTC and XRB whales.

I think for this kind of distribution it would be fair to have it capped or something. Like maximal redeemable amount is at 100 XRB or 1 BTC or something like that. It doesn't make any sense in linking to BTC balance since the ICO projects will claim their stake and just dump it because they don't care.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: