Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
August1106

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:19:37 AM

Do you have a further and detailed XSN allocation plan? This small update and recap cannot explain  many things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zaycc

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:38:42 AM

Relax guys, let things flow, and let's have constructive discussion instead of shooting down ideas immediately. (If you read the thread) He asked at the very beginning on ideas for distribution. If you did not impart your idea before, what weight should your new solution be given? Let's be civil guys  Smiley
racka

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:42:11 AM

I think for this kind of distribution it would be fair to have it capped or something. Like maximal redeemable amount is at 100 XRB or 1 BTC or something like that. It doesn't make any sense in linking to BTC balance since the ICO projects will claim their stake and just dump it because they don't care.

An amount cap sound like the right compromise. It can be further restricted by looking at amounts from a specific historical date, though I'm not sure how fair that is.

I'm guessing the coin distribution needs to ensure a (somewhat) fair distribution as well as introduce new users to the technology.

A captcha controller faucet, similar to XRB sounds nice, but seeing as XRB already did that, we could just look at the distribution from when the faucet stopped.

Taking into account that this is a DAG Privacy coin, besides airdropping XRB holders (as a thank you for the fork) perhaps we can also airdrop privacy coin holders (Monero, Dash, Zcash)? Users that already value privacy seem like the most likely to accept Stone and be part of the community.

Overall, a 55% airdrop distribution sounds like a reasonable amount.

kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:48:38 AM

Is it even possible to have zero fees for transactions? I mean there are lot of trolls outside...

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
cryptopathshala

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 02:58:29 PM

How to allocate it about 30% donators? According to the price of the dollar at the time of donation,or others?

Yeah, we have same question, as donation was done in multiple cryptocurrencies, so how one common denominator will be used for calculation?

Crypto Pathshala ¦ Blockchain Ninja Warriors-Here  (https://instagram.com/cryptopathshala/)
Helping People to Make Informed Decision
Exterminador de Scam

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:43:50 PM

Good morning to you all, today will be a small update and recap on recent events/posts, hopefully one of many if i acquire the time to do so. Id like to take this time to earnestly thank my supporters and the people who have been sending supportive and appreciative private messages, also to the donators, development could not continue without you, Thank you.

Distribution

As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

30% donators (ending shortly - exact date yet to be announced)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.
10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

From my findings with the balanced-weighted vote the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & (zStone) z-addresses, with an exact exchange between paired wallets for an untraceable transaction .My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have recieved the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

zStone would not be a seperate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Tests

I've been testing the functionality with zkSNARK transactions in a closed server, with positive results, sub ten-second transactions, with privacy.

The following members will take part in testnet, at this stage i do not need any more participants.

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

https://i.imgur.com/a4TPGFL.png

felixando

Airdrops are not good, you could exchange them for an incentive system to the Stods (Stone Nodes)  Huh
Exterminador de Scam

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:51:17 PM

FRIKKIN BOOM!

so tempting to donate more, this is looking real good.
Avoid donations, when the system works and is not scam then you can reward the developers for their work, it happens that you should not trust projects that ask for gifts before showing work, if the project is good even if it is not a fraud I take my and apologize to everyone.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:52:46 PM

Airdrops are not good, you could exchange them for an incentive system to the Stods (Stone Nodes)  Huh

Node incentive models need either continious PoW/PoS inflation or transaction fees to work. A fixed number of coins can't really manage this as sooner or later they will run out in 1-5-20 years or whatever time.

Exterminador de Scam

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:15:18 PM

Airdrops are not good, you could exchange them for an incentive system to the Stods (Stone Nodes)  Huh

Node incentive models need either continious PoW/PoS inflation or transaction fees to work. A fixed number of coins can't really manage this as sooner or later they will run out in 1-5-20 years or whatever time.
Okay, it's just my idea trying to put together the best of dag with blockchain.

But it would be a very good way to distribute the coins in a heterogeneous way and maintain a secure network for much longer until you have enough users to have no problems.
jayoz

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:16:47 PM

Looks good. Are any of the testnet users able to provide any information?
Also what exchanges are you planning to aim for first of all?
When will the donation time stop?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:36:03 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 11:51:37 PM by rdnkjdi

Distribution

As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

5% Development fund

I hope this distribution is not set is stone (sorry for bad pun Grin).

Why grant paid spammers twice as much as allocated to development?  Do you really want to emphasize Astroturf marketing over development and wind up like Dash?

According to Cardano's Ouroboros research, an honest initial distribution pattern is critical to maintaining the integrity of a Proof-of-Stake system going forward.

Your schema could be tweaked to allow a much longer, fatter tail by expanding the airdrop to LTC and DCR.  That would bring in vastly more participants than BTC and XRB alone, which enhances the probability of achieving an honest staking voter base which cannot be compromised by a handful of BTC and XRB whales.

I thought all you did was snort coke, bash BCash & troll everything but Monero Icebreaker Tongue

Whatya give the odds that this isn't a scam?  Someone needs to do ring signatures + DAG
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 12:00:30 AM

Distribution

5% Development fund

I hope this distribution is not set is stone (sorry for bad pun Grin).

Why grant paid spammers twice as much as allocated to development?  Do you really want to emphasize Astroturf marketing over development and wind up like Dash?

According to Cardano's Ouroboros research, an honest initial distribution pattern is critical to maintaining the integrity of a Proof-of-Stake system going forward.

Your schema could be tweaked to allow a much longer, fatter tail by expanding the airdrop to LTC and DCR.  That would bring in vastly more participants than BTC and XRB alone, which enhances the probability of achieving an honest staking voter base which cannot be compromised by a handful of BTC and XRB whales.
I am wondering why not ETH instead of LTC?

Limiting airdrops to the most well-distributed forks of BTC, IE LTC and DCR, allows for more code reuse than designing/writing/testing another redemption mechanism for ETH, which is based on entirely different code and crypto primitives.

But if Stone did support airdrop for ETH we could use it for ETC too.

I have no idea how bolting ring sigs onto XRB compares to the existing plan.  That's crypto-magic way above my hat size and is entirely the dev's call.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:28:15 AM

So that means supply will be BTC+ XRB and some more or will be less.
Is it 1:1 for BTC and 1:1 for XRB?
Or it will be 1:1 for BTC and much less for XRB.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:15:47 AM

This is a good question, I was also wondering about that
July1106

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:02:12 AM

I support MasterNode.   I donot like airdrop.

QBIC|Masternodes, PoW, Secure, ASIC Resistance  (https://qbic.io)●[url=https://github.
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:51:56 AM

I think, as other mentioned, it would be a better idea if you can take a portion from XRB and BTC share and give it to privacy coin holders like monero. People who hold monero or zcash or other privacy coins care more about  projects like this than other coins. Anyway, its dev's project so its his call in the end. just giving ideas for the greater good.

Also, you need to filter out exchange wallets.

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
Yeuph

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:58:05 AM

Good morning to you all, today will be a small update and recap on recent events/posts, hopefully one of many if i acquire the time to do so. Id like to take this time to earnestly thank my supporters and the people who have been sending supportive and appreciative private messages, also to the donators, development could not continue without you, Thank you.

Distribution

5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

From my findings with the balanced-weighted vote the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & (zStone) z-addresses, with an exact exchange between paired wallets for an untraceable transaction .My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have recieved the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

zStone would not be a seperate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Tests

I've been testing the functionality with zkSNARK transactions in a closed server, with positive results, sub ten-second transactions, with privacy.

The following members will take part in testnet, at this stage i do not need any more participants.

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

https://i.imgur.com/a4TPGFL.png

felixando

You my friend are one bad mofo...

I've told you that I'm a bricklayer IRL.  I'm not just any bricklayer dude, I'm a seriously gifted mason.  You get this shit done for us send me a PM and I'll come turn your house into a work-of-fucking art.  Real talk homie. <3
Phantomtrader

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:39:48 AM

The distribution plan would work better if it didn't involve airdrop to xrb/btc holders, I believe you should also decrease the proportion given to donators to 15%. Majority should be distributed fairly through a faucet.

- Masternode would be better than airdrop.

Increase the development fund drastically. that's important.

Thanks i look forward to testnet.

derickonfire

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:49:47 AM

As an XRB holder, I look forward to my airdrop.

If this takes off, I have some powa willing to support a node.

Cheers!

BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:00:29 AM

This step needs a good preparation, since we have to prevent whales from getting everything. And especially block exchanges from taking part in the distribution

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: