Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:30:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
labl

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:40:22 PM

Felixando,

Stone looks really promissing. I will be watching close.

Windy_logan

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:22:23 PM

Hello everybody, Hello Felixando,

This question has already been asked but I didn't find the answer:

How is gonna Stone be different than Blackbytes (anonymous coins from other DAG coin - Byteball Bytes)?

Would be glad for the answer.

BR
OSmightymanOS

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:58:24 PM

Hi Dev, you mentioned you will accept help from the community. I messaged you  nearly two weeks ago offering help with multiple things but received no reply. You have time to go through thread deleting fud attacks, and read all donation messages, but not replying to direct messages offering help on the project?!
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:07:57 PM

For those of us who have donated, will we get a chance to see the code and whitepaper, and have a chance of donating more before the donation window closes?  It seems like a reasonable (& awesome) perk for those that took the risk & a way to build your donation stack a little higher.  (Or if code + whitepaper is released have a limit for all non original contributors.  Throw us some type of bone  Grin)

Fwiw, 30% distribution to funders is more than generous

That will create war among donors if you keep it as 30% and allow further donation to compete, which will be loss to every donor as you end up paying more per coin.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
cryptopathshala

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:09:40 PM

Hi all , thank you for your feedback on the distribution model selected, just a hasty post today to answer a question I've been getting quite regularly.

What is the current marketcap and how much has currently been donated?

For transparency purposes i have done the minor calculations; currently with Bitcoin, Ethereum & RaiBlocks current/sold trading rate, there has been a total of $339,000 USD raised, with individual tx history depicted in the original post. Currently with donations making up for 30% of the predicted supply (150m coins), the total market cap is currently $1,130,000, with 0.0000007 satoshi per coin, that being said it is subject to change with additional donations before the donation period ends.

I did say i cannot promise exchanges, but i think with the tremendous effort in raised funds, i should be able to place some of these towards a listing when the time is right.

felixando

Wow thats awesome! Glad we have donated.
Keep up the good work!

Crypto Pathshala ¦ Blockchain Ninja Warriors-Here  (https://instagram.com/cryptopathshala/)
Helping People to Make Informed Decision
Rabanvs

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:46:55 PM

Been lurking in here for a while -- very interested in the project. Will have some suggestions for minor improvements / desired features if felixando is interested as well. Couple questions regarding donations:

- Will you give us a heads up before you decide to close donations that would be considered for the initial distribution of coins?
- What are the chances this could happen after we either get some feedback from the testnet users or get a preview of the code?

Also, I think targeting XRB and various privacy coin owners for potential airdrops might be more sensible than BTC owners. Sounds like a lot of it would go to waste that way.
PtrJung

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:54:46 PM

Is there a deadline established for donations yet? I need to free up some coin.
MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:27:50 AM

Looking forward to the code.

Nothing else matters but a working product and a wallet to put it in
veem50

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:33:28 AM

Thank you i genuinely appreciate your support.
felixando

Dear, felixando.

You asked to contact you in PM before sending donation that you could identify the sender, but you don't respond to messages. Be so kind as, give an opportunity to everyone to make to you donations. I as well as attendees many here we wait for the answer from you in PM. Also explain till what time it will be possible to send still donations, the reality is necessary. And once again I apologize for the bad English. Roll Eyes
monerofort

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:49:11 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 06:09:44 AM by monerofort

Thank you i genuinely appreciate your support.
felixando

Dear, felixando.

You asked to contact you in PM before sending donation that you could identify the sender, but you don't respond to messages. Be so kind as, give an opportunity to everyone to make to you donations. I as well as attendees many here we wait for the answer from you in PM. Also explain till what time it will be possible to send still donations, the reality is necessary. And once again I apologize for the bad English. Roll Eyes

All that matters is you pm him the amount before and the tx after, you dont need a reply from felix, me and my friend have donated, no problemo.

but if you really need to, he usually replies to all post and pm once per day
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:25:07 AM

Is there a deadline established for donations yet? I need to free up some coin.

I think there is no deadline determined till now. But maybe he will just close it if he thinks he has enough funds for the development
trpx

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:41:54 AM

So that means supply will be BTC+ XRB and some more or will be less.
Is it 1:1 for BTC and 1:1 for XRB?
Or it will be 1:1 for BTC and much less for XRB.

This step needs a good preparation, since we have to prevent whales from getting everything. And especially block exchanges from taking part in the distribution

To be honest, it would be fair to give XRB holders exactly the amount they currently have on their adresses. BUT, then you would have the problem with the whales and also the problem that it makes rich people even richer. So you have to come up with another solution. Since it is very difficult to be fair, one would always have to compromise.

If I were felixando, I would probably do the following (just a suggestion):

Donators
I would hold back 15% for donators and pay them out in percentage of their donation. Here the respective course should be considered at the time of the donation. If we assume a total supply of, for example, 150 million stone, that would mean 22.5 million coins go to the donors. However, I would maintain the opportunity to donate until the coin is published. In this way, you can even later collect enough money for the development and/or your work. Otherwise, the procedure would actually be considered unfair, I think.

XRB Holders
I would distribute 55% to existing XRB holders, but I would only consider accounts that hold more than 1 XRB. That would be about 40,000 accounts. I would pay those accounts exactly the same amount, ie the maximum number of coins divided by 40,000. In this way, the holders who have little get as much as the holders, whom we call whales. Assuming a total supply of 150 million Stone, that would be 82.5 million coins for XRB-Holder or 2,062.5 Stone per account.

Thread-Poster
I would rather divide the 10% for Thread Poster and also think of possible bounties. For this reason, I would give the posters here a maximum of 5% and distribute this in equal parts among the people. That would be at least 7.5 million Stone for those who post here. Another 5% I would necessarily store for any possible upcoming bounties, which could later be awarded for additional work from the community (eg website, whitepaper, translations, moderators, graphics, Facebook and/or Twitter campaigns, YouTube videos, other material, etc.).

Dev-Fund
I would increase the development fund to 10%. For example, for the sake of fairness, 5% could be immediately released (about 7.5 million Stone), another 2.5% (about 3.75 million Stone) can be blocked for 3 years, and another 2.5% (approx 3.75 million Stone) for 6 years. In this way, the Dev (Team) and / or Felixando would have a sufficient fund of development and payment every 3 years.

Faucet
In this way (see above), you would be able to distribute a total of 90% of all coins to the community. Most of them would actually hold XRB, have donated, have participated in the thread and would possibly participate in the future. Felixando would have enough money to develop the project without worry by donations and the dev-fund. Because a secure future for the project is very important. With the remaining 10% (about 15 million Stone) of the coins, I would create a Captcha Faucet, which could also be used very well as a marketing tool.

BTC-Holders
I would completely cancel the BTC Airdrop for BTC Holder. Why should you necessarily participate in BTC Holder? On the one hand you have the problem with the whales and on the other hand there are a lot of (!) mainstream users who may not even know how to claim the new coins. That's why, sooner or later, many coins would be broke here.

But these are just my subjective ideas. Feel free to optimize Smiley

So, in short:
  • 15% for Donators
  • 55% for XRB Holders
  • 5% for Thread-Poster
  • 5% for possible Bounties
  • 10% for Dev-Fund
  • 10% for possible Faucet

PS.: Just by the way @felixando: Testnet, please? Fourth attempt Wink

EDIT:
The total supply of 150 million Stone should be just a suggestion or an example to describe the shares better. How high the total supply really is, of course, is the decision of felixando. So please understand only as an example for the bill. Thank you Smiley

I feel as if Felixando and TRPX are on the right track.  The idea of allocating the majority of Stone to Donors and XRB holders will have a powerful impact on Stone rather than long term BTC owners whom barely interact with any exchanges and/or stay up to date on the crypto-world.  I think a hybrid of the two is the best solution.  I've managed budgets/allocations driving business and tech development for over two decades.  In order to incentivize each recipient properly and to ensure the budget is there for exchanges/marketing/etc the most successful breakdown in my opinion would be as follows:

• 32.5% for Donors
  • 32.5% for XRB Holders
  • 10% for Thread-Poster
  • 10% for possible Bounties
  • 10% for Dev-Fund
  • 5% for possible Faucet

Last but not least - Felixando thank you for your hard work and dedication to Stone.  No matter how the distribution ends up I'm excited to see the end product.

**Please include me in testnet!

Short note and marked in red above: This is how you create whales. Just by the way...
BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:53:39 AM

This step needs a good preparation, since we have to prevent whales from getting everything. And especially block exchanges from taking part in the distribution

To be honest, it would be fair to give XRB holders exactly the amount they currently have on their adresses. BUT, then you would have the problem with the whales and also the problem that it makes rich people even richer. So you have to come up with another solution. Since it is very difficult to be fair, one would always have to compromise.

Donators
I would hold back 15% for donators and pay them out in percentage of their donation. Here the respective course should be considered at the time of the donation. If we assume a total supply of, for example, 150 million stone, that would mean 22.5 million coins go to the donors. However, I would maintain the opportunity to donate until the coin is published. In this way, you can even later collect enough money for the development and/or your work. Otherwise, the procedure would actually be considered unfair, I think.

XRB Holders
I would distribute 55% to existing XRB holders, but I would only consider accounts that hold more than 1 XRB. That would be about 40,000 accounts. I would pay those accounts exactly the same amount, ie the maximum number of coins divided by 40,000. In this way, the holders who have little get as much as the holders, whom we call whales. Assuming a total supply of 150 million Stone, that would be 82.5 million coins for XRB-Holder or 2,062.5 Stone per account.

Thread-Poster
I would rather divide the 10% for Thread Poster and also think of possible bounties. For this reason, I would give the posters here a maximum of 5% and distribute this in equal parts among the people. That would be at least 7.5 million Stone for those who post here. Another 5% I would necessarily store for any possible upcoming bounties, which could later be awarded for additional work from the community (eg website, whitepaper, translations, moderators, graphics, Facebook and/or Twitter campaigns, YouTube videos, other material, etc.).

Dev-Fund
I would increase the development fund to 10%. For example, for the sake of fairness, 5% could be immediately released (about 7.5 million Stone), another 2.5% (about 3.75 million Stone) can be blocked for 3 years, and another 2.5% (approx 3.75 million Stone) for 6 years. In this way, the Dev (Team) and / or Felixando would have a sufficient fund of development and payment every 3 years.

Faucet
In this way (see above), you would be able to distribute a total of 90% of all coins to the community. Most of them would actually hold XRB, have donated, have participated in the thread and would possibly participate in the future. Felixando would have enough money to develop the project without worry by donations and the dev-fund. Because a secure future for the project is very important. With the remaining 10% (about 15 million Stone) of the coins, I would create a Captcha Faucet, which could also be used very well as a marketing tool.

BTC-Holders
I would completely cancel the BTC Airdrop for BTC Holder. Why should you necessarily participate in BTC Holder? On the one hand you have the problem with the whales and on the other hand there are a lot of (!) mainstream users who may not even know how to claim the new coins. That's why, sooner or later, many coins would be broke here.

So, in short:
  • 15% for Donators
  • 55% for XRB Holders
  • 5% for Thread-Poster
  • 10% for Dev-Fund

EDIT:
The total supply of 150 million Stone should be just a suggestion or an example to describe the shares better. How high the total supply really is, of course, is the decision of felixando. So please understand only as an example for the bill. Thank you Smiley

I feel as if Felixando and TRPX are on the right track.  The idea of allocating the majority of Stone to Donors and XRB holders will have a powerful impact on Stone rather than long term BTC owners whom barely interact with any exchanges and/or stay up to date on the crypto-world.  I think a hybrid of the two is the best solution.  I've managed budgets/allocations driving business and tech development for over two decades.  In order to incentivize each recipient properly and to ensure the budget is there for exchanges/marketing/etc the most successful breakdown in my opinion would be as follows:

• 32.5% for Donors
  • 32.5% for XRB Holders
  • 10% for Thread-Poster
  • 10% for Dev-Fund
  • 5% for possible Faucet

Last but not least - Felixando thank you for your hard work and dedication to Stone.  No matter how the distribution ends up I'm excited to see the end product.

Short note and marked in red above: This is how you create whales. Just by the way...

It´s free for anyone to donate and get their share. The reward has to be way higher than usual since the risk is also bigger

trpx

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:12:35 AM

Donators

XRB Holders

Thread-Poster

Dev-Fund

Faucet

BTC-Holders

So, in short:
  • 15% for Donators
  • 55% for XRB Holders
  • 5% for Thread-Poster
  • 10% for Dev-Fund

EDIT:

• 32.5% for Donors
  • 32.5% for XRB Holders
  • 10% for Thread-Poster
  • 10% for Dev-Fund
  • 5% for possible Faucet

It´s free for anyone to donate and get their share. The reward has to be way higher than usual since the risk is also bigger

No question at all. Donors who support such a project at high risk, of course, have to be rewarded for it. Because they are the ones who believed in the cause early on and helped to get the project off the ground. That's out of the question!

I just want to say that it can be dangerous to juggle around with numbers like these. You have to calculate the distribution beforehand and you also have to be clear about what such a distribution can and will trigger in the future.

That's all I want to say with it. If I were to create a coin, I would never spend 32.5% on about 200 donors (plus minus 100 or so). Unless I want to put my coin right in the grave. Then it was a great adventure, but nothing more and nothing less. If you mess up the distribution, then the coin will die without having lived. Only as a hint.

I already said in my original post that it is ultimately the decision of felixando. And that's just as well. I do not want to talk in there or anything. He just asked for opinions from the community and I gave my opinion. How that is actually done in the end, I do not care. I just hope that the distribution that felixando has to decide sooner or later will be good for the coin and the project. That's all I wanted to say.

I did not get rid of the possible distribution or scribbled on a sheet of paper because I think it's great. The numbers are rather a result of several factors that should be considered.

But I think that's enough for expression. I'm curious what felixando thinks up. I think the concept of the coin is still great and thank felixando in advance for the many hours he has put into the project so far. Keep it up!
Mudi67

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:39:54 AM

Distribution

As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

30% donators (ending shortly - exact date yet to be announced)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.

10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

I wouldnt perform so high Airdrop, since the BTC and XRB or other coin users might be not interested in this coin and just dump it therefore...
StoneSoup

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:21:10 AM

I think 45 to 50% for donors is fairer since they took a lot of the risk and make possible things like exchange listing. I think 30-40% to Raiblock holders since they are most likely lose to the fork. Maybe 5 to 10% to all those who are posting on this thread.

Are you going to give stone to the donors proportional to the size of their donation?

redmeat

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:32:28 AM

Is there a discord for stone?
ivanrebroff

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:24:39 PM

hey felixando i tried to message you sometime ago. i would like to donate a certain amount.
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:05:07 PM

I think 45 to 50% for donors is fairer since they took a lot of the risk and make possible things like exchange listing. I think 30-40% to Raiblock holders since they are most likely lose to the fork. Maybe 5 to 10% to all those who are posting on this thread.

Are you going to give stone to the donors proportional to the size of their donation?

sure it will be proportional. Otherwise it makes no sense to donate more

felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:14:47 PM

Hello community! I appreciate the technical discussion and distribution discussion, thoroughly healthy discussion, i understand certain method's will benefit some and not others, the distribution model chosen has a vast range of support for all ranges, there is a way for all to gain Stone, which is my main goal, a global fair distribution model.

- The main post has been updated with the latest list of donators, thank you.

- I will be catching up on private messages over the next few hours.

Another note, i require a strictly professional promotions manager for the twitter giveaway (10% allocated in the distribution model), please pm me your portfolio and previous history and work, also expected hourly/daily/weekly requirements and a little about yourself if you would like to apply.

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: