Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 04:58:52 AM

How long is it possible to donate?

And the distribution plan is fixed? So donators will receive 30% of the supply?

Donations are still open; though they will be closed "soon".

felixando felt that that distribution method was the fairest way to make Stone globally available to everyone.  As of now it appears to be fixed.

Hello community, after deep thought, the 9th of Feb  8PM GMT will be the final date of the donation period, just under ~2 weeks, which should coincide perfectly inline with the testnet release, thank you.

Thank you all for the abundance of positive email's, i will reply to the majority shortly once i receive a small break from coding in the data structure algorithm with DAG cross-check zkSNARKs duration mannerism. For the non-technical, in short, i'm attempting to shorten the zkSNARK's tx.

felixando

Well that's great to get advance notice from you and could we also release some plan with targeted dates from testnet as well. Like mainnet, Website, whitepaper, exchange
This will give some clarity and people can better estimate about pace of project.
Also, are you still single Dev from project and if so, at what point you would like to add more Dev's to team.

When you say testnet will be released on 9th Feb, will the code also released on Github?

selling sushistake.com, send offers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K-Dub

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:00:06 AM

If you want to avoid that a single person creates several accounts / wallets to get more than one airdrop, then you need  proof-of-identity.
For example Jumio provides this proof-of-identity service...

there is a simpler way. Just allow accounts with a certain age to claim the airdrop. like created before the start date of the stone announcement thread.

I think that's something simple and works more than well. But I got no doubt felixando will handle it

That works fine except in my case. Smiley  

I found this forum within days of purchasing my first BTC...about a week after Felixando created the thread.  Although I am a noob, I was intrigued by the idea of the next-generation of trust chains (DAG).  I've been reading intently since and have donated reasonable amounts twice.  I intend to continue support for the project as long as it's viable.

Regarding donations, I am not knowledgeable enough to gauge what makes good or bad distribution models, but I do think that rewarding posters for sometimes inane or banal comments does not seem right.  (I'm not talking about the post I am replying to.  Just making a general comment that a post that doesn't substantively add to the discourse should not be a measure of worthiness.)

Soon, a plan should be created laying out the communications and marketing strategy for announcing the project's progress, explaining STONE's unique benefits, and producing real-world use cases for its utilization.  A professional website and social media campaign coincides with this which eventually culminates with a listing on an active, well-know exchange.  Bottom line, this project will be a success through planning and execution, not good will and happenstance.

(Sorry for the lengthy post.)
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:04:05 AM

How long is it possible to donate?

And the distribution plan is fixed? So donators will receive 30% of the supply?

Donations are still open; though they will be closed "soon".

felixando felt that that distribution method was the fairest way to make Stone globally available to everyone.  As of now it appears to be fixed.

Hello community, after deep thought, the 9th of Feb  8PM GMT will be the final date of the donation period, just under ~2 weeks, which should coincide perfectly inline with the testnet release, thank you.

Thank you all for the abundance of positive email's, i will reply to the majority shortly once i receive a small break from coding in the data structure algorithm with DAG cross-check zkSNARKs duration mannerism. For the non-technical, in short, i'm attempting to shorten the zkSNARK's tx.

felixando

DO applications for the testnet available? or will be available again in the future? Didn't mind trying it before but i think it should be great to see how it works
Earth701106

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:55:45 AM

K-Dub

I fully agree with you that the airdrop should be beneficial to the development of the project, rather than simply distributing it by account.The size of the airdrop should be limited to make every coin play its most important role.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:07:14 AM

Hi I donated 13.4 eth while drunk a few nights ago (I know i'm not smart ;().  I am supportive of the mission, but.. that was more money than I could afford to donate.

I appreciate that donations are welcome but not required/expected/wanted in duress, could you please refund me back to the donation address? 

CCNCCN  |  https://etherscan.io/tx/0x3aa90ad6e2ecf58499a24145b53a8b39062bd5543f1ce7823956d11e13e4bcec

Many Thanks,
CCN

I'm curious ... did you get a refund?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:11:52 AM

Hey Felix, is there any way I can get on the testnet?
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:40:37 AM

Hi I donated 13.4 eth while drunk a few nights ago (I know i'm not smart ;().  I am supportive of the mission, but.. that was more money than I could afford to donate.

I appreciate that donations are welcome but not required/expected/wanted in duress, could you please refund me back to the donation address? 

CCNCCN  |  https://etherscan.io/tx/0x3aa90ad6e2ecf58499a24145b53a8b39062bd5543f1ce7823956d11e13e4bcec

Many Thanks,
CCN

I checked the address and It doesn´t seem so till now.

the list is full right now as far as i remember

PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:48:24 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 09:11:25 AM by PerfectCoinSeeker

We should really try to distribute this more equally for humanity. This is the whole purpose. To distribute a quick, feeless, private & secure currency to as wide a diversity of humanity as possible. We can save human lives through this. Let's try our best to seize this opportunity for humanity.

Also, I have an Earn.com account and we may be able to distribute Stone more equally through their new Airdrop program. They have over 100,000+ users and it's free for anyone to sign up. We can launch a campaign to distribute a majority of Stone only to those who "invite other users, perform labor for the project, or give back in other ways." You may view more details here: https://news.earn.com/launch-your-token-with-an-earn-com-airdrop-97715970f8c7

Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this.
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:59:41 PM

We should really try to distribute this more equally for humanity. This is the whole purpose. To distribute a quick, feeless, private & secure currency to as wide a diversity of humanity as possible. We can save human lives through this. Let's try our best to seize this opportunity for humanity.

Also, I have an Earn.com account and we may be able to distribute Stone more equally through their new Airdrop program. They have over 100,000+ users and it's free for anyone to sign up. We can launch a campaign to distribute a majority of Stone only to those who "invite other users, perform labor for the project, or give back in other ways." You may view more details here: https://news.earn.com/launch-your-token-with-an-earn-com-airdrop-97715970f8c7

+1

Don't make rich people (BTC\XRB holders) richer...

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:04:47 PM

+1

The point is for STONE to succeed, not be a do gooder and make poor people more well off.
fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:06:41 PM

+1

The point is for STONE to succeed, not be a do gooder and make poor people more well off.

Fair distribution is a very important point.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
StoneSoup

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:52:03 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 03:04:41 PM by StoneSoup

+1

I honestly believe the people holding XRB and BTC are more likely to make this coin succeed. I think either this is a charity coin or it is a currency. Nothing stopping people getting a few RaiBlocks while they are cheap and getting in on this or just donating a small amount to the donations page. Lets not involve a 3rd party and make things more complicated. If posters want to give to charity later, then they are welcome to but don't ruin this coin over it.

Edit to add: I think if required, identity verification can be done to ensure that people are not double dipping. I just did just that for another coin and it works just fine.
fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:35:06 PM

+1

I honestly believe the people holding XRB and BTC are more likely to make this coin succeed. I think either this is a charity coin or it is a currency. Nothing stopping people getting a few RaiBlocks while they are cheap and getting in on this or just donating a small amount to the donations page. Lets not involve a 3rd party and make things more complicated. If posters want to give to charity later, then they are welcome to but don't ruin this coin over it.

Edit to add: I think if required, identity verification can be done to ensure that people are not double dipping. I just did just that for another coin and it works just fine.

LOL

And for XRB it's the same:
https://www.raiblocks.club/representatives

TOP 1%
128,690,105 XRB
99.05%

Seems fair...

K-Dub

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

+1

https://cdn.howmuch.net/content/images/voronoi-bitcoin_2-7b4d.png

LOL

And for XRB it's the same:
https://www.raiblocks.club/representatives

TOP 1%
128,690,105 XRB
99.05%

Seems fair...
Wow.  That's any eye-opening post, Fracas.
zyle

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:52:45 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:28:18 PM by zyle

Appreciate if you could consider adding me to the testnet, if you need additional participants in the future
Iced

Activity: 627
Merit: 208

Belgian based crypto-enthusiast

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:57:59 PM

How long until distribution? I am in dear need of the money I donated, if it's not possible to get a refund, I would love a faster distribution  Smiley

My best advice for you in the future is, invest what you can invest, don't invest if you can't afford it.

I only invest what I can afford to lose.

No signature for now
ActionJackson

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:56:43 PM

Is this now a scam or a serious project?
PHI1618
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1334

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:28:45 PM

I donated 0,1 eth. Please check your pm box Smiley

"Damnant quod non intelligunt." Anlamadıkları şeyi suçlarlar. BTC
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:02:00 PM

Many Thanks,
CCN

No... no refund and no communication.. its a bit worrying :/
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:47:56 PM

Many Thanks,
CCN

No... no refund and no communication.. its a bit worrying :/
hmm, why did you invest over $13k to a completely unknown project? It was very risky from you. I hope your story will end good, but I wouldn't bet on it If i should. I invest gradually and this approach works fine form me A lot of people are under FOMO and think after they put their money away. Anyway keep us inform about a status this issue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: