Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:34:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:19:47 PM

interesting project, congrats on cryptobridge listing
you plan on creating a bounty campaign?
would love to produce an article about STONE to steemit.

is there an active twitter and/or discord already?

thanks.

Where did you see it would be listed on CryptoBridge?

they just listed STONE coin
is it the same project or a different one?

This seems odd.  It only has a supply of 2,287 and no trades.  But it seems to be an official listing / cryptobridge listing.
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:35:22 PM

I think open source is necessary for a number of reasons.

1. Trust, I want to see that the code is well written and reliable. With closed source, we would never know if there was either a deliberate undesirable bit of code or an accidental bug that got missed and that will show up later.
2. Continuity, if something happened to the developer of the code or maybe he just lost interest, we would be left high and dry and no improvement could be made and no fixes could be applied.
3. Perception, if it is felt that the developer is simply trying to control everything and not responsive, the community will break down and the coin will ultimately fail.

That said, I'm pretty sure it was stated that the code would be released once it is completed. I fully understand that since having people picking through your unfinished code and pointing to things you already know about is not fun. I also gives the flexibility to change direction part way through without a whole lot of decenting voices.

I am looking forward to the launch of testnet and really hope I will be allowed to participate. I want to get involved in this project in any way I can. I think this promises to be the perfect coin, RaiBlocks with privacy, just what is needed. I am ready to increase my donation nearer to the close off time and look forward to getting my hands on some of these coins to play with.

Felixandro, please let us know near the close off time for donations the value at that point in time of the donations. Thank you for developing this coin.

I don't believe the dev will release any source code. Maybe he will but after the end of the donation.
diab0lus

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:53:17 PM

thanks.

This seems odd.  It only has a supply of 2,287 and no trades.  But it seems to be an official listing / cryptobridge listing.

I can't imagine they would list on an exchange before releasing the source code for review. Either way, I'm not buying whatever coin that is until there is confirmation of the listing from the dev and the source code is deployed to GitHub.
Jones2020

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:59:13 PM

Can someone explain me the distribution ? How would it work, lets say I donate 5 ETH, how much will I get sort of speak ?

Also I can cover for dutch translation
diab0lus

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:15:37 PM

Can someone explain me the distribution ? How would it work, lets say I donate 5 ETH, how much will I get sort of speak ?

Check the first post. Everything you donate at this point should be considered a donation with potentially no return for you. This is not an ICO. I think there is some uncertainty about how the coins will be distributed. It is stated that 30% will be distributed to donors. At times it seems like they will be evenly distributed among donors, and at other times it seems like it might be based on how much you donate. Maybe that is still being decided, unless I've missed something.
StoneSoup

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:30:40 PM

thanks.

There is actually another coin called stone. I read about it on another thread. I think we might have to have a name change or there will be nothing but confusion. Anyone got any suggestions? Maybe pebble? Smiley
Amicus

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:46:10 PM

Work Ethics

What i can promise you
  • Dedication
  • Constant updates
  • a finished product
  • a quality product delivered in a timely manner

Felixando, I have sent some support for you, in eth. Looking forward to seeing the quality product.
diab0lus

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:54:49 PM

thanks.

This seems odd.  It only has a supply of 2,287 and no trades.  But it seems to be an official listing / cryptobridge listing.

There is actually another coin called stone. I read about it on another thread. I think we might have to have a name change or there will be nothing but confusion. Anyone got any suggestions? Maybe pebble? Smiley

I like Slate.. A slate is quickly wiped clean. The name conveys secrecy and speed. These are the main features of the currency. SLA and STE are available, as is SLATE.
StoneSoup

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Check the first post. Everything you donate at this point should be considered a donation with potentially no return for you. This is not an ICO. I think there is some uncertainty about how the coins will be distributed. It is stated that 30% will be distributed to donors. At times it seems like they will be evenly distributed among donors, and at other times it seems like it might be based on how much you donate. Maybe that is still being decided, unless I've missed something.

I would seem patently unfair to give the same amount to someone who donated $1 as to someone who donated $20 000. There would be a massive outcry. Maybe we should all make fake accounts and make multiple small donations then? The point here is fairness.

It would seem that each RaiBlock will only get you around 0.26 stone and each bitcoin will get you about 3 or so. I think it would be far better to focus on one or the other and I think since most people don't have lots of bitcoin (mostly held by rich people like McAfee), it would be best to go with Rai but that is just my personal point of view. That would give 0.62 stone for every Rai. Another option is to limit it to X Rai per address so anyone with 3 million Rai at a certain date, only get a max of say 10000 Stone. I doubt people would split their 3 million Rai just to get extra Stone.
diab0lus

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:54:06 PM

I would seem patently unfair to give the same amount to someone who donated $1 as to someone who donated $20 000. There would be a massive outcry. Maybe we should all make fake accounts and make multiple small donations then? The point here is fairness.

I agree. I would be in favor of setting a date (the last day for donations) and using the price for those currencies used to donate for that date to determine btc value for each donation, then proportionally dividing up the 30% that is being sent to donors. For example, if the price of ETH = 0.1 BTC, the person who donated 1 ETH would get 1/10 as much stone as the person who donated 1 BTC.
StoneSoup

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:17:03 AM

I agree. I would be in favor of setting a date (the last day for donations) and using the price for those currencies used to donate for that date to determine btc value for each donation, then proportionally dividing up the 30% that is being sent to donors. For example, if the price of ETH = 0.1 BTC, the person who donated 1 ETH would get 1/10 as much stone as the person who donated 1 BTC.

Yeah, that is pretty much what I had in mind. Some guy donated 13 ETH, that kind of generosity should be rewarded more than someone who donates 0.01ETH. I think as you say, at a set date snapshot value of the currencies and then user dollar value as a way to determine percentage of available Stone coins. So 45 million Stone divided by $x total donation value gives amount of stone for every dollar donated.
MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:44:48 AM

Yeah, that is pretty much what I had in mind. Some guy donated 13 ETH, that kind of generosity should be rewarded more than someone who donates 0.01ETH. I think as you say, at a set date snapshot value of the currencies and then user dollar value as a way to determine percentage of available Stone coins. So 45 million Stone divided by $x total donation value gives amount of stone for every dollar donated.

This makes sense
BKCCI

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:48:07 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 03:56:12 AM by BKCCI

For Felixando and everyone in this thread - I just gathered some info on this other cryptocurrency which just got released under the name Stone / StoneCoin / StoneCrypto.
It seems to be not related since it is a minable (Proof-of-Work) cryptocurrency.

Links for this other project:

Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2799957.0
Website (mentioned in GitHub - not developed yet): https://stoneco.in/
GitHub: https://github.com/stonecrypto/stonecoin
Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/404684235350343692/404917644119113728
Twitter: https://twitter.com/StoneCryptOrg

This is purely to add this information to the thread and to everyone interested.  Smiley

Edit: I want to add, their Bitcointalk thread looks very suspicious, the listed team members all signed up to Bitcointalk just a few days ago, but they already have exchange listing and all sorts of media channels. Watch with caution as well as any other project.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:10:35 AM

Just noticed this announcement, has anyone joined you during the development process or are you working as a standalone dev?
Also, there are popping up a lot of projects without a prototype to show, can you please show us a video at least? It would be nice to have some insight.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
StoneSoup

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:54:22 AM

Here is another link to the other Stone coin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2799957.0

fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:27:54 AM

This is a totally different project. StoneCoin is a blockchain Bitcoin-based with masternode coin. Stone is a DAG based coin + privacy. Just the name is similar.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:33:33 AM

This is a totally different project. StoneCoin is a blockchain Bitcoin-based with masternode coin. Stone is a DAG based coin + privacy. Just the name is similar.

Either way might lead to confusion. Maybe a rebranding will be needed in the future
carvenn

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:35:09 AM

Hello. I left you a donation of ETH. Good luck with your project, I will be watching thread.
PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:18:48 PM

We should really try to distribute this more equally for humanity. This is the whole purpose. To distribute a quick, feeless, private & secure currency to as wide a diversity of humanity as possible. We can save human lives through this. Let's try our best to seize this opportunity for humanity.

Also, I have an Earn.com account and we may be able to distribute Stone more equally through their new Airdrop program. They have over 100,000+ users and it's free for anyone to sign up. We can launch a campaign to distribute a majority of Stone only to those who "invite other users, perform labor for the project, or give back in other ways." You may view more details here: https://news.earn.com/launch-your-token-with-an-earn-com-airdrop-97715970f8c7

Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this.

+1

Don't make rich people (BTC\XRB holders) richer...

The point is for STONE to succeed, not be a do gooder and make poor people more well off.

Fair distribution is a very important point.

I honestly believe the people holding XRB and BTC are more likely to make this coin succeed. I think either this is a charity coin or it is a currency. Nothing stopping people getting a few RaiBlocks while they are cheap and getting in on this or just donating a small amount to the donations page. Lets not involve a 3rd party and make things more complicated. If posters want to give to charity later, then they are welcome to but don't ruin this coin over it.

Edit to add: I think if required, identity verification can be done to ensure that people are not double dipping. I just did just that for another coin and it works just fine.

https://cdn.howmuch.net/content/images/voronoi-bitcoin_2-7b4d.png

LOL

And for XRB it's the same:
https://www.raiblocks.club/representatives

TOP 1%
128,690,105 XRB
99.05%

Seems fair...

Indeed, which is why we should try programming Stone to truly be The People's World Currency and set whale limits, so the working class aren't eventually exploited by whales for cheap labor.
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:28:44 PM

Either way might lead to confusion. Maybe a rebranding will be needed in the future

Felix also considered rebranding the coin's name before. I haven't read any post regarding that matter after the initial one
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: