Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:46:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42143 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 03:27:44 PM

Good morning all, i do actually have some delightfully positive news for the community on this present-day, as of next week i will no longer be working or engaged in any other project, i will be working on Stone full time, this was only possible due to the tremendous support in donations, now the tie's are finalized and i will be able to focus 100% of my efforts into Stone and its development proposal.

This enlightenment will enable me to channel-in on future updates, the website, Stone forums, advertising & management. From a leaders perspective this is the most positive switch for Stone, and will carve it's long term success. Thank you.

The official donators list has been updated in the original post, donation period cut of will remain 9th of Feb 2018.

Furthermore i'd like to congratulate Colin on his swift yet required for future success rebrand to Nano, i appreciate his hard work and efforts and they will not go unnoticed in the cryptocurrency community.

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darksteel5

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:20:48 PM

Found out about this project from Reddit and it looks very interesting. I'll will consider donating after a white paper/code has been published.

I hope the donation period does not close before anything has been published.

Where'd you find it on Reddit?

You give merit to this OP before we know if it is a scam or not?

I would not want to think i was responsible for rubber stamping something that could go full zeth here.

I am not saying it is a scam only that i find it very strange to refuse escrow when he would get 50x the "donations"

We shall see nobody knows at this point.

I'm confused as to why you are responding to me or rdnkjdi. I have the same opinion as you; I said I would wait until something was released.

Good morning all, i do actually have some delightfully positive news for the community on this present-day, as of next week i will no longer be working or engaged in any other project, i will be working on Stone full time, this was only possible due to the tremendous support in donations, now the tie's are finalized and i will be able to focus 100% of my efforts into Stone and its development proposal.

This enlightenment will enable me to channel-in on future updates, the website, Stone forums, advertising & management. From a leaders perspective this is the most positive switch for Stone, and will carve it's long term success. Thank you.

The official donators list has been updated in the original post, donation period cut of will remain 9th of Feb 2018.

Furthermore i'd like to congratulate Colin on his swift yet required for future success rebrand to Nano, i appreciate his hard work and efforts and they will not go unnoticed in the cryptocurrency community.

felixando

Will you be releasing a white paper/code/anything before the 9th? It would be odd if you didn't give the people that have been waiting for that a chance to donate.
miners4sale

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:33:47 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 04:47:18 PM by miners4sale

felixando

Will you be releasing a white paper/code/anything before the 9th? It would be odd if you didn't give the people that have been waiting for that a chance to donate.

Why would anyone have a cut off date for donations?

im happyfor the cut off date, limits the supply to not in the hundreds of millions, well the market cap

I haven't donated, and those who have are already aware of the risks involved (just as there are donating to any project like this). The thread lets people show they are interested and allows felixando to get community feedback. It also shows other developers there is a lot of interest for a coin like this. Read the opening post and his technical update about Transitive reduction, this isn't copy-pasta from somewhere, this is words from someone who understands the concepts involved, and is trying to figure out how to translate that into programming language. Now I don't know if/when we'll see any real results either, but right now I have nothing to lose by giving my full support on this project.

Actually it was copy pasted from wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed_acyclic_graph#Reachability,_transitive_closure,_and_transitive_reduction

felix has been extremely genuine throughout this entire thread, he has cited links/refrences to any copied text and and gave full respect to the raiblocks team.

appreciate the transparency felix! full time dev• yes plz
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:21:24 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 05:46:49 PM by tk808
Merited by scambust (1)

Hi I donated 13.4 eth while drunk a few nights ago (I know i'm not smart ;().  I am supportive of the mission, but.. that was more money than I could afford to donate.

I appreciate that donations are welcome but not required/expected/wanted in duress, could you please refund me back to the donation address?  

CCNCCN  |  https://etherscan.io/tx/0x3aa90ad6e2ecf58499a24145b53a8b39062bd5543f1ce7823956d11e13e4bcec

Many Thanks,
CCN

I'm curious ... did you get a refund?

I checked the address and It doesn´t seem so till now.

Hey Felix, is there any way I can get on the testnet?

the list is full right now as far as i remember

No... no refund and no communication.. its a bit worrying :/
Hey man, what about your case, is there any communication from Felixando? Or it has already solved? I think that your case is important for those who want to contribute and are still don't make a decision. Hope you'll be lucky and next time more carefull. No drunk when you make a donations or trading
First you need to understand difference between donation and contribution
You are donating for some cause and not expecting anything in return.Donation is donation
But in this case Dev is 'considering' to allot some coins to donators (and he has not specified how much he will.He can even send 1 coins or 100 coins..up to him)
If you want to encourage the project,please do ahead and donate without expecting how many coins ,you will get in return..cos it's not PRE-SALE !

Despite what anyone says, for the sake of transparency and honesty i would like to know if you got a refund.

Also, there's almost an exact replica of this project ongoing, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2696095.0 appears to be same donation setup and all. Leaves some of us to wonder, because this is a self moderated topic, who knows what has been deleted from this thread from information people have dug up.

Felix, can you give us any updates in development and etc, like people are giving you quite a bit of a sum of money, and despite it being a donation, it's still an investment for many, and they'd and future donators would like to know the progress of this coin.

As it stands there is no Github , no src and mo proof of coin existing. There's only some nice graphics, images and a lot of puppets promoting this thread. This all can be created by anyone with some basic knowledge of photoshop, and scripts running to create BTT accounts en mass.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:15:22 PM

As it stands there is no Github , no src and mo proof of coin existing. There's only some nice graphics, images and a lot of puppets promoting this thread. This all can be created by anyone with some basic knowledge of photoshop, and scripts running to create BTT accounts en mass.

I'm DAG believer so this makes me sad. I would have liked to check under the hood on what makes this so-called DAG coin tick. They must be new guys though. Back in 2014, scrypt devs clone github repositories.

Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:31:15 PM

felixando

Thank you for this felixando! I see a cutoff date for donations, but do you have at least a tentative date on your first release/announcement? Your project looks very exciting and I'm glad you have gained a bunch of support.
derderder

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:42:38 PM

On February 14th this "project" will have been in progress for two months.  Yet, there is ZERO proof of any coding being done.
miners4sale

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:28:36 AM

On February 14th this "project" will have been in progress for two months.  Yet, there is ZERO proof of any coding being done.

derp derp, except for the testnet and thr screenshots of functional wallet with private transactions.

I’m sticking with felix on this one.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:38:07 AM

Found out about this project from Reddit and it looks very interesting. I'll will consider donating after a white paper/code has been published.

I hope the donation period does not close before anything has been published.

Where'd you find it on Reddit?

You give merit to this OP before we know if it is a scam or not?

I would not want to think i was responsible for rubber stamping something that could go full zeth here.

I am not saying it is a scam only that i find it very strange to refuse escrow when he would get 50x the "donations"

We shall see nobody knows at this point.

I absolutely agree with you.  People should be extremely cautious and Felix should provide some proof of work.

I tried to get into the testnet & was too late.  It would be nice if someone technical could be  look at the code or DAG interactions.

Almost everything in crypto is shady as fuck.  Including the few interesting things (Bytecoin / father of ring signatures, etc).  So I am poking my head in. 

My questions and involvement should NOT be taken as endorsement.  Just curiosity.

Seriously, what is up with the noob spam?  Are they just hanging out for free coins?
Bitcoindumper

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:37:07 AM

Im confused with the donations are the donation is it split equally among all the donators or is it calculated for each person's donations

for example If i donated $1 would I get the same amount of stone as someone who donated $10,000
StoneSoup

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:47:19 AM

Im confused with the donations are the donation is it split equally among all the donators or is it calculated for each person's donations

for example If i donated $1 would I get the same amount of stone as someone who donated $10,000

This has been discussed before. It is not clear but the consensus seems to be that it will be proportional to the value of what you donated in US dollars calculated at the end of the donation period or maybe at the time you transferred it.

It would be pretty easy to game the system and make 10 donations of $1 if it was simply divided up equally among number of donators.
chicobermuda

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:04:09 AM

This has all the makings of a scam. In development for a month and a half, self-moderated thread, over $330k in "donations," and zero code. Greed is the perfect recipe for delusion. Where's the repo, "felixando?"
welhzh

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:22:53 AM

no code, no truth.
Yeuph

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:34:01 AM

Felixando -

Is it OK if I send you a second donation from the same XRB wallet or would that make it difficult for you to keep track of records?  I wanted to send you about 500 USD initially but the market has crashed and I'd like to make up the balance.  Should I make another bitcointalk account and send a second donation with a second wallet address or is it ok to send a second donation from my first wallet/this user name?
gaeng

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:05:34 AM

I donated some Eth.
tx 0x27a9a4c0ec8de843e53d501caf5eb142b063941d2cf94daf6ba87e27894604e1

would like to participate on the testate if possible

Good Luck with the project and Keep up the good work!!!!
astrocase

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:17:38 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 06:38:29 AM by astrocase

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

------------

This may have been discussed, but this would be implemented in a wallet by everyone having two addresses, one for zStone and one for Stone. Bob can pay Alice 100 zStone and Alice can choose to keep them as zStones for her private transactions. You mention that Stone would be on an exchange but zStone would not, would there be a way to make the transaction go through a node to appear as a swap or just allow exchanges to send zStone?

e.g. Bob buys 100 Stone from XYZ exchange, Bob withdraws from XYZ instructing to to pass through a node, so XYZ exchange sends Stone to a node that relays it to Bob as zStone. Bob swaps to Stone, so the ledger would read "Bob balance = Bob balance + 100 Stone"

Alternatively, I think it would be cleaner to allow exchanges to send zStone. Bob buys 100 Stone form XYZ, XYZ sends zStone, Bob swaps, "Bob balance = Bob balance + 100 Stone"

Moreover, what if one party is okay with with the transaction being public but the other is not? e.g. In Canada, there are professions in which it is legal to be the provider but illegal to be the serviced. So, Alice received 100 Stone as income and needs to report it to the CRA. Bob doesn't want a paper-trail. Bob sends zStones which appear as Stones in Alice's account from an anonymous source.

Am I missing something? I'm trying to think in terms of fiat cash. If you deposit $100 the bank wont ask where it came from, but if you deposit a check for $100 there is a record of where that money came from.

Thoughts?
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:14:53 AM

This has been discussed before. It is not clear but the consensus seems to be that it will be proportional to the value of what you donated in US dollars calculated at the end of the donation period or maybe at the time you transferred it.

It would be pretty easy to game the system and make 10 donations of $1 if it was simply divided up equally among number of donators.

Just imagine 1$ being a stake from the donation pool. The more $ the more stakes from total.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:33:21 PM

Just imagine 1$ being a stake from the donation pool. The more $ the more stakes from total.

Although that's never been confirmed.  Not a lot of details have been released yet on how he is handling donations, whether or not your stake will be proportional to the donation amount, or if it decreases over a certain amount.  Either way, it's pretty scary how all donations are collected and done even before a single line of code is presented.
Verethraghna

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:37:56 PM

Although that's never been confirmed.  Not a lot of details have been released yet on how he is handling donations, whether or not your stake will be proportional to the donation amount, or if it decreases over a certain amount.  Either way, it's pretty scary how all donations are collected and done even before a single line of code is presented.

Really? Still no code till this day? I'm beginning to have doubts... Shocked
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

Really? Still no code till this day? I'm beginning to have doubts... Shocked

Yeah, I haven't donated anything and don't mean to spread FUD or anything like that.... but there are a lot of red flags here for investors to consider.  For one, felix mentioned in a previous post that he is able to spend time on this project thanks to his early contributions in BTC years ago.  Sounds to me that if he made a huge profit from that and didn't need to work anymore, he wouldn't be so concerned about needing these donations to work on development for this one.  Yet here we are, most of his posts are about new methods of donations, end of donation date, non-technical things like distribution structure, rather than the technology or code (where he can be called out on more easily), and if you look at his post history before this thread there are no clear indications that he is even a technical person.

My 2 cents.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: