Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829874 times)
iqacid

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

Hi guys, new guy around here.  I've looked around for a historical graph/table/whatever of middlecoin pool-wide estimated hash rate (for any given hour of the day, really) vs daily payout.

I'm trying to gauge current BTC/Mhash/day performance against the past, but the past data is eluding me.

Anyone?

www.bfpcoin.com/middle-coin-web.php?w="username"&c=USD

put your address as username without " Grin

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:14:06 PM

For what's it worth, hashbros' stats are hopelessly broken as well. I was testing it, seeing as middlecoin's were broken in a new and unfamiliar way.

My "earnings" figures in hashbros change randomly every time I look at it. Right now, if the reading were accurate I would be getting an income of 0.001 BTC/Mh/day. The other problem is that the pool is simply too small to mine anything substantial like LOT.

given the number of dissatisfied folks here, it won't take long to boost the pool's hash rate.. a lot of potential.. lower overall fee's, auto/manual trading option, excellent communication, actual dev interaction.. nice set of features / upcoming features.. just not worth the switch quite yet.. would definitely switch if i had some real MH/s to throw around.. sacrifice payout to support the new kid?? hmmm.. i know, i know.. gtfo.. stfu.. looks like a viable alternative is finally on the way, at any rate..

Third time's a charm?  Look at the history of Hashco.ws and Wafflepool... now Hashbros....

Go ahead and join them Smiley  They all end up with 2/3 to 1/2 the profit we see on Middlecoin (I know I've trialed both Hashco.ws and Wafflepool and multipool and others....always leaving some hashpower on Middlecoin and always ending up putting full power back on Middlecoin again and again... since August 2013).

They may have nice interfaces and stats and other features....but they don't have that creative trading accumen that H20 has implemented, whether private trades or some exchange noone knows about, when all exchanges have been down and we end up getting quadruple payout leaving other pools with stuck Cryptsy exchanges and lower payouts.  I'd much rather he focus on that side of things. Wink

Also note, most "dissatisfied" members that voice their grievances here joined Middlecoin less than two months ago.... Most of them in December.  Many with newbie status ratings on this forum.  Not saying they're wrong to air their problems... just that much of the complaints have already been addressed in this 300+ page long thread and many more satisfied pool members are just quiet and collecting their nice payouts daily. Smiley

groovy9

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:19:53 PM

Hi guys, new guy around here.  I've looked around for a historical graph/table/whatever of middlecoin pool-wide estimated hash rate (for any given hour of the day, really) vs daily payout.

I'm trying to gauge current BTC/Mhash/day performance against the past, but the past data is eluding me.

Anyone?

I use that one, but unless I'm missing something, it gives me *my current* stats.  I'm looking for pool-wide stats from, for example, last October, November, etc.  In other words, I want to look at how profitability has fluctuated over months of time.
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:21:29 PM

For what's it worth, hashbros' stats are hopelessly broken as well. I was testing it, seeing as middlecoin's were broken in a new and unfamiliar way.

My "earnings" figures in hashbros change randomly every time I look at it. Right now, if the reading were accurate I would be getting an income of 0.001 BTC/Mh/day. The other problem is that the pool is simply too small to mine anything substantial like LOT.

given the number of dissatisfied folks here, it won't take long to boost the pool's hash rate.. a lot of potential.. lower overall fee's, auto/manual trading option, excellent communication, actual dev interaction.. nice set of features / upcoming features.. just not worth the switch quite yet.. would definitely switch if i had some real MH/s to throw around.. sacrifice payout to support the new kid?? hmmm.. i know, i know.. gtfo.. stfu.. looks like a viable alternative is finally on the way, at any rate..

Third time's a charm?  Look at the history of Hashco.ws and Wafflepool... now Hashbros....

Go ahead and join them Smiley  They all end up with 2/3 to 1/2 the profit we see on Middlecoin (I know I've trialed both Hashco.ws and Wafflepool and multipool and others....always leaving some hashpower on Middlecoin and always ending up putting full power back on Middlecoin again and again... since August 2013).

They may have nice interfaces and stats and other features....but they don't have that creative trading accumen that H20 has implemented, whether private trades or some exchange noone knows about, when all exchanges have been down and we end up getting quadruple payout leaving other pools with stuck Cryptsy exchanges and lower payouts.  I'd much rather he focus on that side of things. Wink

+1

I have found this to be 100% correct. I also did it without moaning like a bitch in this thread.

Let the malcontents go. Like us they will come back (as long as their hurt pride does not get in the way). Some people like to dig their holes a bit too deep I guess.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:23:25 PM

Hi guys, new guy around here.  I've looked around for a historical graph/table/whatever of middlecoin pool-wide estimated hash rate (for any given hour of the day, really) vs daily payout.

Anyone?

I use that one, but unless I'm missing something, it gives me *my current* stats.  I'm looking for pool-wide stats from, for example, last October, November, etc.  In other words, I want to look at how profitability has fluctuated over months of time.

Check the stats page. Look for a hashrate similar to yours and also a large payout total. The larger the better as that means the user has been mining for some time. Then look at the stats and you have an idea.

POS492

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:28:34 PM

I split between middlecoin and trademybit. I like trademybit also because its totally transparent and the developer is constantly tweaking it. Last I knew he was going to limit the pool to 1gh right now its sitting at 750mh.
bitter_miner

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:35:01 PM

Third time's a charm?  Look at the history of [Suspicious link removed] and Wafflepool... now Hashbros....

Go ahead and join them Smiley  They all end up with 2/3 to 1/2 the profit we see on Middlecoin (I know I've trialed both [Suspicious link removed] and Wafflepool and multipool and others....always leaving some hashpower on Middlecoin and always ending up putting full power back on Middlecoin again and again... since August 2013).

They may have nice interfaces and stats and other features....but they don't have that creative trading accumen that H20 has implemented, whether private trades or some exchange noone knows about, when all exchanges have been down and we end up getting quadruple payout leaving other pools with stuck Cryptsy exchanges and lower payouts.  I'd much rather he focus on that side of things. Wink

+1

I have found this to be 100% correct. I also did it without moaning like a bitch in this thread.

Let the malcontents go. Like us they will come back (as long as their hurt pride does not get in the way). Some people like to dig their holes a bit too deep I guess.

you've been around for quite a while, my friend.. i trust your judgement - not questioning that aspect.. nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.. could drive middlecoin to become more interactive with it's customers and/or address concerns of others in this community.. i welcome the new pools and sincerely hope one of them will bring about as much profit as middlecoin someday..

it's not a bitch, man.. it's just an opinion.. i do agree.. this is officially a dead horse..
groovy9

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:35:45 PM

Check the stats page. Look for a hashrate similar to yours and also a large payout total. The larger the better as that means the user has been mining for some time. Then look at the stats and you have an idea.

I've done that, but there's a huge amount of uncertainty as to the size of a given user's farm one or two or three months ago.  I'm a little surprised no one's been collecting daily total payouts vs rough pool hash power. 
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:37:50 PM

I've done that, but there's a huge amount of uncertainty as to the size of a given user's farm one or two or three months ago.  I'm a little surprised no one's been collecting daily total payouts vs rough pool hash power. 

The user chart would show any additions/subtractions or downtime. Hashrate is hashrate.

jedimstr

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:42:12 PM

Third time's a charm?  Look at the history of hashcows and Wafflepool... now Hashbros....

Go ahead and join them Smiley  They all end up with 2/3 to 1/2 the profit we see on Middlecoin (I know I've trialed both Hashcows and Wafflepool and multipool and others....always leaving some hashpower on Middlecoin and always ending up putting full power back on Middlecoin again and again... since August 2013).

They may have nice interfaces and stats and other features....but they don't have that creative trading accumen that H20 has implemented, whether private trades or some exchange noone knows about, when all exchanges have been down and we end up getting quadruple payout leaving other pools with stuck Cryptsy exchanges and lower payouts.  I'd much rather he focus on that side of things. Wink

+1

you've been around for quite a while, my friend.. i trust your judgement - not questioning that aspect.. nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.. could drive middlecoin to become more interactive with it's customers and/or address concerns of others in this community.. i welcome the new pools and sincerely hope one of them will bring about as much profit as middlecoin someday..

it's not a bitch, man.. it's just an opinion.. i do agree.. this is officially a dead horse..

I welcome more competition and options for the community vs Middlecoin.  So far none of them have really  stepped up to the plate.  Hashcows was closest.  They had comparable returns for a little while before the Doge craze hit and their big hack.   Now they're barely scraping by with low hashpower and inability to mine the most profitable coins. I wish all these competitors luck though.

If anything, much of the vitriol and threats of blackmail, extortion, outing of H2odysee's identity have led him to stay away from these forums and switch to twitter for updates. He was much more communicative before... Months ago before Bitcoin became big news and the pool exploded with new miners. So I wouldn't expect him to be more interactive in the future.  It is what it is... As long as it works to our benefit (and it has, many times over).

ButterBread

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:48:26 PM

Please consider allocating at least half of your hash to hasbros.co.in as soon as possible.

As soon as their payout per MH/s passes middlecoin Wink
cnaw

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:53:15 PM

I just don't get the negative comments here. I'm mining with a single R9 290, and i'm pretty sure i'm getting a pretty good return for the energy spent.  Thanks H2o.

http://middlecoin2.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/reports/1FXt38rcLt2K4hLYuE4WpAKV2YaRg9cfNh.html

ButterBread

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:53:40 PM

given the number of dissatisfied folks here

Oh oh, I sense a lecture coming about how those are only a very teeny tiny minority..  Roll Eyes

ButterBread

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:59:37 PM

If anything, much of the vitriol and threats of blackmail, extortion, outing of H2odysee's identity have led him to stay away from these forums and switch to twitter for updates. He was much more communicative before...

That is simply not true, there was only one person doing all that below-the-belt stuff, and h2o had already been silent for quite a while in this thread.

IIRC, the silence was one the factors fueling that person's vitriol.

But you're right, it is what it is, and no point in getting frustrated about it (anymore Wink ).
jedimstr

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:05:05 PM

If anything, much of the vitriol and threats of blackmail, extortion, outing of H2odysee's identity have led him to stay away from these forums and switch to twitter for updates. He was much more communicative before...

That is simply not true, there was only one person doing all that below-the-belt stuff, and h2o had already been silent for quite a while in this thread.

IIRC, the silence was one the factors fueling that person's vitriol.

But you're right, it is what it is, and no point in getting frustrated about it (anymore Wink ).

Read my whole post.  He was much more communicative before Bitcoin became big and the pool exploded with more miners..  You only have to read this thread going back to the summer of 2013 to see what I mean. I meant before you lot joined Wink

codon

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

If you look at the chart, it shows that everyone's still mining, but seems like the bot that exchanges the coins was down too increasing the number of unexchanged btc

Yep, there seems to be correlation between flatlined stats and the auto-trade bot.  When we come out of a flatline we always have high unexchanged. This is logical considering that the recurring stats issue is caused by database I/O starvation and most likely his autotrade bot is running off the same db.

Fletch

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:13:02 PM

Hashbros offer transparent communication from the pool founders since they themselves were victims of frauds and hacks, so they seem to believe in open communication and as much transparency as possible. They offer lower fees, much better security, nicer web ui.
Please enlighten us how Hashbros has "much better security". Does it require a username and password?

HashPeak - GPU mining hashrate peak detector
BTC: 1FLETCHvcUKosefrcZCLUQTtvx4WvgnYMC
codon

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:30:53 PM

Please consider allocating at least half of your hash to hasbros.co.in as soon as possible.

I have gone and done this.  I have 2 identical 2.2 MH rigs that I am splitting between hashbros and middlecoin for a head to head test.  Will let it run 7 days and report back next week. Currently, hashbros is estimating my earnings at 0.008329 btc/MH/day but that is fluctuating minute by minute.

Jedimstr, I respect you as an old time middlecoin hipster, whereas I'm just a pathetic noob here.  You are probably right that H20 will outperform as he has in the past.   But labelling any criticism at all as just whining/moaning noobspeak and we should all GTFO and STFU is sad.  It won't help improve this pool.  You obviously care about it because you read this thread and post almost everyday.  You don't want it to be better?

Considering the amount of real $$ in play here on a daily basis, it does not seem unreasonable to me to expect better uptime.  Middlecoin is a million dollar business already for christ's sake.
bitter_miner

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

I have gone and done this.  I have 2 identical 2.2 MH rigs that I am splitting between hashbros and middlecoin for a head to head test.  Will let it run 7 days and report back next week. Currently, hashbros is estimating my earnings at 0.008329 btc/MH/day but that is fluctuating minute by minute.

Jedimstr, I respect you as an old time middlecoin hipster, whereas I'm just a pathetic noob here.  You are probably right that H20 will outperform as he has in the past.   But labelling any criticism at all as just whining/moaning noobspeak and we should all GTFO and STFU is sad.  It won't help improve this pool.  You obviously care about it because you read this thread and post almost everyday.  You don't want it to be better?

Considering the amount of real $$ in play here on a daily basis, it does not seem unreasonable to me to expect better uptime.  Middlecoin is a million dollar business already for christ's sake.

ok, ok, ok.. guilty as charged.. my bad for stirring it all up again.. i enjoy mining... just trying to participate in the discussion..
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:44:34 PM

I believe that this pool is no different than any other business or business opportunity.
I do feel that things can be done better with respect to the transparency (or lack of) and the stats etc.
But so long as it continues to perform well with respect to payouts then people will tolerate these flaws and continue to mine here.
That is not to say that things wont change in the future! If another pool comes along and can consistently equal or even outperform the pool here then I am sure there will be a torrent of miners all switching to the new pool.
If the owner/investor in this pool doesn't do something to keep his miners happy they will all migrate to the new/better pool.
That is just normal economics and I am sure it will play out in the long run.
In the meantime I am very happy here.

Carolina
bc1qtm5d24nycxqfqzdtj33zh9m9wn2cdek6v4kkck
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: