Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829874 times)
groovy9

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:59:12 PM

Just to give maybe a different perspective on H2o...  I'm a small business owner - we'll do $2.5 to $3 million in revenue this year, so you know the scale.  It's lucrative - I make a nice living and don't have to work a ton.

I'm the money guy.  All dollars run through me - billing, payroll, accounting, etc.  I read somewhere earlier in this thread where h2o said he has a couple part time employees and doesn't trust people enough to give up much control.  And I get that 100%.  Financially, I could delegate most of what I do and be semi-retired, but I'm not willing to hand over the money to someone else.

As lucrative as I understand this pool to be for him, honestly, if I were him, I'd probably be even LESS communicative than he is.  If I'm making as good a living as it appears he is, and do most of it myself, and can't or won't do a lot of delegating, AND want to actually live a little, then I honestly care less about give the community warm fuzzies than I do about enjoying my life.

Stats break, I'll get around to it.  Forum questions/complaints take a while to be addressed, if ever, so what.  I lose a little of my hash rate and my bottom line shrinks a little, fine, I still make plenty AND probably have a little less work to do.

I focus on making payouts be reliable and higher than the competition, go put my feet up a little, and let the folks who can do math choose to use my pool.  Stats and the occasional unexchanged spike are immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

Just my $0.02. :-)
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:03:47 PM

Jedimstr, I respect you as an old time middlecoin hipster, whereas I'm just a pathetic noob here.  You are probably right that H20 will outperform as he has in the past.   But labelling any criticism at all as just whining/moaning noobspeak and we should all GTFO and STFU is sad.  It won't help improve this pool.  You obviously care about it because you read this thread and post almost everyday.  You don't want it to be better?

Considering the amount of real $$ in play here on a daily basis, it does not seem unreasonable to me to expect better uptime.  Middlecoin is a million dollar business already for christ's sake.

Umm... Are you confusing my posts with someone else's?  Where did I say GTFO and STFU? I didn't. The only posts I railed against were the blackmail posts and those that were totally untrue.

MadMatt

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:35:41 PM

I'm sticking with middlecoin until something big happens

Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433534.0
LeaseRig.net Bot Name: MinerMatt Running @ ~3.54Mh/s
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:42:31 PM

Quick question...

I'm in Portugal. Ping to eu.middlecoin.com is 50 ms, while it is ~120 to useast.middlecoin.com

Which quotas on load-balance should I have? Currently, it's 50% to each pool. Should I give ~90% to eu. or leave as it is?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
kalnas

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:43:58 PM

Quick question...

I'm in Portugal. Ping to eu.middlecoin.com is 50 ms, while it is ~120 to useast.middlecoin.com

Which quotas on load-balance should I have? Currently, it's 50% to each pool. Should I give ~90% to eu. or leave as it is?

why do you load balance at all ?
Wipeout2097

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:58:07 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 08:08:35 PM by Wipeout2097

Quick question...

why do you load balance at all ?
3 reasons:
1) latency to eu and useast changes a bit around the clock. I've already had lower latency to useast than to eu.
2) the miner sometimes idles if a pool dies, if it's in failover. I never had a problem with giving a minimal quota to the 2nd pool
3) if one pool malfunctions or there's variance in profit between pools, load-balance smooths it

So, which quota should I have?

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Firebug24k

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:02:31 PM

As another fellow small business order, I agree, 100%.  You are exactly right.

Just to give maybe a different perspective on H2o...  I'm a small business owner - we'll do $2.5 to $3 million in revenue this year, so you know the scale.  It's lucrative - I make a nice living and don't have to work a ton.

I'm the money guy.  All dollars run through me - billing, payroll, accounting, etc.  I read somewhere earlier in this thread where h2o said he has a couple part time employees and doesn't trust people enough to give up much control.  And I get that 100%.  Financially, I could delegate most of what I do and be semi-retired, but I'm not willing to hand over the money to someone else.

As lucrative as I understand this pool to be for him, honestly, if I were him, I'd probably be even LESS communicative than he is.  If I'm making as good a living as it appears he is, and do most of it myself, and can't or won't do a lot of delegating, AND want to actually live a little, then I honestly care less about give the community warm fuzzies than I do about enjoying my life.

Stats break, I'll get around to it.  Forum questions/complaints take a while to be addressed, if ever, so what.  I lose a little of my hash rate and my bottom line shrinks a little, fine, I still make plenty AND probably have a little less work to do.

I focus on making payouts be reliable and higher than the competition, go put my feet up a little, and let the folks who can do math choose to use my pool.  Stats and the occasional unexchanged spike are immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

karolina

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:14:15 PM

On top of that, with the 3% fees which currently equate to about 570 MH/s, H20 has more incentive to maximize payouts than any of us here.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:25:15 PM

Another benefit in switching to hashbros.co.in, your gpu's will thank you! My vidcards temp dropped by 4-5 degrees C just by switching pools. Why? I don't know and I really don't care to know, probably due to lower pool difficulty, from middlecoin's 1024 to variable in hashbros???

If you have 2 or more rigs, switch 1 rig to hashbros and see for yourself!

Don't you want your expensive gpus to last longer?

I don't make any money selling hashbros. I just want fairness, justice and world peace Smiley
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:30:02 PM

I finally have a gripe about middlecoin...

someone joined whose address starts with the same 4 characters as mine, and now I have to go through two results when using find in the browser!

Man, the hardships I have to endure!

Grin

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:38:50 PM

At last, another voice of reason.

This is h20's baby.  He runs it as he desires.  He owes nothing to anyone beyond what he offered when he began this pool, mining the highest paying coins and cashing the profits in as BTC and distributing those proceeds as they were earned minus his agreed upon fees.

He's made it abundantly clear that he's not going to change the interface or alter any of the other superficial niceties that everyone keeps complaining about.  He is perfectly happy with providing the best performing multipool out here and reaping the rewards of his excellence.

You don't like all of that, fine, it's a free world and you don't have to like it, but you aren't going to change it no matter how many times you post about how much better it would be with it.  You can complain, you can suggest, you can "air your grievances" Wink all you choose, it serves no constructive purpose, because, as we all have been able to see over the past several weeks, h2o isn't going to change the way the pool operates.

Thus, all the complaints, the whines, the wishes, the suggestions, the "airing of grievances" is pointless and indulging in it is nothing more than self-indulgent bitching.

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is one description of insanity.

This isn't "fanboi-ism", this isn't "beating people up," this isn't telling people "STFU," this isn't telling people not to "air their grievances," this is just stating facts . . . it's just asking you . . . what's the point?

After 350 pages it should be abundantly clear that you are wasting your time and the time of everyone else on this forum.
interupted

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:40:23 PM

As long as I keep getting the nice payouts in my wallet I'm Happy Happy Happy..

Catswold

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:42:48 PM

Another benefit in switching to hashbros.co.in, your gpu's will thank you! My vidcards temp dropped by 4-5 degrees C just by switching pools. Why? I don't know and I really don't care to know, probably due to lower pool difficulty, from middlecoin's 1024 to variable in hashbros???

I don't make any money selling hashbros. I just want fairness, justice and world peace Smiley
F. O. !
Wipeout2097

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:56:04 PM

Just to give maybe a different perspective on H2o...  I'm a small business owner - we'll do $2.5 to $3 million in revenue this year, so you know the scale.  It's lucrative - I make a nice living and don't have to work a ton.

I'm the money guy.  All dollars run through me - billing, payroll, accounting, etc.  I read somewhere earlier in this thread where h2o said he has a couple part time employees and doesn't trust people enough to give up much control.  And I get that 100%.  Financially, I could delegate most of what I do and be semi-retired, but I'm not willing to hand over the money to someone else.

As lucrative as I understand this pool to be for him, honestly, if I were him, I'd probably be even LESS communicative than he is.  If I'm making as good a living as it appears he is, and do most of it myself, and can't or won't do a lot of delegating, AND want to actually live a little, then I honestly care less about give the community warm fuzzies than I do about enjoying my life.

Stats break, I'll get around to it.  Forum questions/complaints take a while to be addressed, if ever, so what.  I lose a little of my hash rate and my bottom line shrinks a little, fine, I still make plenty AND probably have a little less work to do.

I focus on making payouts be reliable and higher than the competition, go put my feet up a little, and let the folks who can do math choose to use my pool.  Stats and the occasional unexchanged spike are immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

At last, another voice of reason.

This is h20's baby.  He runs it as he desires.  He owes nothing to anyone beyond what he offered when he began this pool, mining the highest paying coins and cashing the profits in as BTC and distributing those proceeds as they were earned minus his agreed upon fees.

He's made it abundantly clear that he's not going to change the interface or alter any of the other superficial niceties that everyone keeps complaining about.  He is perfectly happy with providing the best performing multipool out here and reaping the rewards of his excellence.

You don't like all of that, fine, it's a free world and you don't have to like it, but you aren't going to change it no matter how many times you post about how much better it would be with it.  You can complain, you can suggest, you can "air your grievances" Wink all you choose, it serves no constructive purpose, because, as we all have been able to see over the past several weeks, h2o isn't going to change the way the pool operates.

Thus, all the complaints, the whines, the wishes, the suggestions, the "airing of grievances" is pointless and indulging in it is nothing more than self-indulgent bitching.

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is one description of insanity.

This isn't "fanboi-ism", this isn't "beating people up," this isn't telling people "STFU," this isn't telling people not to "air their grievances," this is just stating facts . . . it's just asking you . . . what's the point?

After 350 pages it should be abundantly clear that you are wasting your time and the time of everyone else on this forum.
Yes, we agree that people who love cute UIs and websites and statistics can go elsewhere for 70% of the payout. The problem is that middlecoin was a TERRIBLE pool for most, until he rented servers around the world. Difficulty 512 and 1024 with 900 Kh/s and a connection to US West does not impact payouts? Right...

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ButterBread

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

someone joined whose address starts with the same 4 characters as mine, and now I have to go through two results when using find in the browser!

Grin

Everytime I refresh that page and see the biggest miner's address starts with "1Varken" I smile a little.. (varken means pig where I come from)
aclass

Activity: 381

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:18:12 PM

switch to the last 4 and you might be good to go

Grin
envy2010

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:28:45 PM

Good to see that the stats fubar didn't change the payout. I'm already well over 0.01 BTC/MH for the day, looks like it will hit 0.015.
zSprawl

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

Are you affiliated with hashbros?

BTC: 1EyCRbT3YeskViEtH9KfRLpjdR2nsrrcW6
groovy9

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:39:44 PM

Ok, y'all, I just fired up a script that'll grab www.middlecoin.com/json hourly and, at 3:00 UTC every day (right after the 2:30 payout), calculates US dollars profit per megahash based on the 3:00 coinbase sell price minus their 1% fee and $0.15 bank transfer fee.

The idea is that this is what you'd net out per megahash if you immediately sold for cash on coinbase as soon as your payment landed.  Which is probably the number most of us are most interested in.

I'm in the US, so USD is what I care about.  If you're elsewhere, you'll have a little math to do.

I'll let it run a week or so and then post the results, and then let it run for as long as I'm on Middlecoin.  Stand by for numbers.

Also, note to h2o: For god's sake, man, make that json URL spit out only pool totals and a single user's data, if given.  You're wasting a ton of bandwidth. :-)

zSprawl

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:41:18 PM

I don't know how he does it, but boy do i love seeing the red line go up more than the blue does down.

BTC: 1EyCRbT3YeskViEtH9KfRLpjdR2nsrrcW6
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: