Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829872 times)
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:06:05 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 10:48:04 PM by amacar

So is there no way to isolate my performance besides doing a search of the main page for my address?

I can't do that via mobile

use this, its the most mobile friendly solution i have found. i did not create this.

http://bitcoinideal.eu/middlecoin/index.php?username=1CmJjgf9EwQ3g9R8ScqDCBa3bdRTXJGdWs    <-- obviously you erase this btc address and replace with your own.

That's mine Smiley. If someone want some extra features, let me know!

For me throws error: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/arjanad50/domains/bitcoinideal.eu/public_html/middlecoin/get-middlecoin.php on line 11

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mr.pj

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:19:03 PM

Another factor that might be confusing people on their hashrates and accepted shares with middlecoin is a change made to cgminer.  If you are using the latest version of cgminer, any time middlecoin changes to a different currency it appears to cgminer that the pool went down.  In reality the pool is not down, it is just switching to a different currency.  If you have a fall back pool set in the latest version of cgminer it will switch to your fallback and will not switch back to middlecoin for five minutes.  This means that every time middlecoin switches currencies you switch to another pool for five minutes.  Cgminer waits for the pool to be "stable" for five minutes before switching back to your primary.  I'm not 100% certain, but I believe this is any version of cgminer later than the 3.5.X branch.  I know on 3.5.0 it will reconnect as soon as it sees middlecoin up, but on 3.7.2 it will wait five minutes.  You can either run the earlier version of cgminer with a fallback pool or run the later versions of cgminer with no fallback to avoid this problem.  Other people may be able to chime in with another work around.

Another option that works very well for me is to have both middlecoin and eu.middlecoin in my pool list. Whenever the servers switch pools, cgminer ends up on the other one which has already switched in the meantime. So this works very well for me with cgminer 3.7.2

phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 10:49:40 PM

It doesn't matter if he says what the coin is in public, you just have to compare the working difficulty to the list.
Or is he feeding you false difficulty data? ...

If he was feeding us false difficulty then we would have to be mining another highly profitable coin, and the difference in block times, coupled with the difficulties matching exactly makes that scenario improbable.

jytou

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:04:43 PM

mining its simple math not religion.
Although I'm not in favor of banning anyone, mining is complex math, not simple math. Otherwise all so-called profit sites would have the exact same rankings for most profitable coins, and they would be far more accurate than they are... and you would be mining on your own. If, as I did, you've tried a little bit mining by yourself a couple hours a day even with self-developed scripts to help you find best coins, you would have noticed that it is no "simple" math. Well, rather, if you did have accurate real-time values for difficulty, network current hashrate / % of stales, price and prediction algorithms for the fluctuation of each of these in the next hours, then it would be simpler math.

I must admit that h2o has been doing an extremely great job that seems to outperform all other pools that I've tried and any attempt I've been trying on my own. Sure there are imperfections and we surely want to try and improve them (show better graphs/data for instance, actually I'm quite happy with the ones we have, I would just need another curve on the graph), but I wouldn't dare to give suggestions about what to mine (especially as h2o is very sharp about not revealing his secrets, and I don't blame him for that, otherwise it would be easy for others to copy and rob the well-deserved results of his hard work). Sometimes if I believe that I can do better than the curve on the graph, I go mining somewhere else. Generally not for long. And generally at a loss. Try it for a while and if you do manage to do better, then you won't even come back here to complain. Smiley If you don't, just follow, enjoy and bow. And accept that mining is not an exact science (although nowhere near religion), and has its ups and downs, no matter how talented you are.

As for others who report problems with payments etc I haven't had any problems so far, the only thing is the curves that sometimes get stuck on the graph, and as far as I understand, this is much more due to cryptsy issues (having traded on cryptsy, I can confirm nothing is perfect there...) than to the pool operator. The only suggestion I might want to make is to look for other exchange sites, sometimes they have different rates for the same coins and may be more profitable in the short term. But again, I believe that h2o has thought about this and there must be a good reason if he doesn't do it (maybe he does!). At least from my experience, other exchange sites have their own problems too.

Anyway, making a long story short: good job h2o, you earn your higher (very well deserved!) % fees than other pools, go on like this, everyone gets the benefit from it!
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:48:18 PM

As for others who report problems with payments etc I haven't had any problems so far, the only thing is the curves that sometimes get stuck on the graph, and as far as I understand, this is much more due to cryptsy issues (having traded on cryptsy, I can confirm nothing is perfect there...) than to the pool operator. The only suggestion I might want to make is to look for other exchange sites, sometimes they have different rates for the same coins and may be more profitable in the short term. But again, I believe that h2o has thought about this and there must be a good reason if he doesn't do it (maybe he does!). At least from my experience, other exchange sites have their own problems too.

Anyway, making a long story short: good job h2o, you earn your higher (very well deserved!) % fees than other pools, go on like this, everyone gets the benefit from it!

+1

And if you think YOU can have better profits with YOUR OWN strategy ... just DO IT and stop whining about it!! I'm sure that if you DO IT and made it available to the community, h2o profits would be redirected to you...  Cool

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:15:20 AM

A lot of new people are asking about hash rate on the server not matching what they see locally.  There are others wanting to know why the temp or fans seems to fluctuate more on middlecoin than on other mining pools.  Both questions are kind of difficult to explain, but it really boils down to variability.  The server has no idea what your hash rate is locally.  What it can do is look at the number of accepted shares you transmit and come up with an approximate hash rate that might be expected to produce that many shares based on the difficultly of the current work.  There are times that in the short run you are lucky and get many solutions in close proximity to each other.  This would make it appear that you are hashing more than you actually are.  Other times the opposite happens and even though you are hashing at full speed, luck makes your solutions take longer than average and the server shows a rate lower than you are actually hasing.

This variability is compounded by the fact that middlecoin sets a 512 share difficulty rate and the pool automatically changes what currency it is mining from time to time.  In the long run everything will always even out to average, but if you only look at short periods of time it starts to look odd.  Slower miners will really start to notice this when the server switches to currencies with low difficulties.  Many times blocks are being solved on these currencies faster than your hardware is able to submit shares.  This can cause slower miners to see a lot of stale shares, or seemingly go long periods of time without submitting a valid share.  Again this will all even out if you look at things over a long enough time period.

Another factor that might be confusing people on their hashrates and accepted shares with middlecoin is a change made to cgminer.  If you are using the latest version of cgminer, any time middlecoin changes to a different currency it appears to cgminer that the pool went down.  In reality the pool is not down, it is just switching to a different currency.  If you have a fall back pool set in the latest version of cgminer it will switch to your fallback and will not switch back to middlecoin for five minutes.  This means that every time middlecoin switches currencies you switch to another pool for five minutes.  Cgminer waits for the pool to be "stable" for five minutes before switching back to your primary.  I'm not 100% certain, but I believe this is any version of cgminer later than the 3.5.X branch.  I know on 3.5.0 it will reconnect as soon as it sees middlecoin up, but on 3.7.2 it will wait five minutes.  You can either run the earlier version of cgminer with a fallback pool or run the later versions of cgminer with no fallback to avoid this problem.  Other people may be able to chime in with another work around.

There is more to it than what I've mentioned above, but I hope this helps some people understand that mining on a multicurrency pool like middlecoin might be a little different than they are used to on other pools.  You also have to factor in the fact that the different currency rates are always in flux so it's hard to nail down what a particular hash rate will earn on a particular day.  All you can really do is look at past performance and make approximations.

Chad
+1  this should be a primer for everyone that is starting mining.  too bad it will all be forgotten in a couple of pages, but it's an excellent explanation. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:18:48 AM

FROM: http://bitcoinideal.eu/middlecoin/index.php?username=113yvf6aNHQ3CaDRC1d147yg6YrnYRK9Rn

Payouts are automatic, and occur once a day, if your balance is greater than 0.01 BTC.

FROM: http://middlecoin2.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/#113yvf6aNHQ3CaDRC1d147yg6YrnYRK9Rn

Payouts are automatic, and occur once a day, if your balance is greater than 0.001 BTC.

OK, So which is it?  And how can I figure out my 24hr earnings?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cgw007

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:23:01 AM

use this, its the most mobile friendly solution i have found. i did not create this.

http://bitcoinideal.eu/middlecoin/index.php?username=1CmJjgf9EwQ3g9R8ScqDCBa3bdRTXJGdWs    <-- obviously you erase this btc address and replace with your own.
[/quote]

This works great!

Thanks
chadtn

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:24:23 AM

FROM: http://bitcoinideal.eu/middlecoin/index.php?username=113yvf6aNHQ3CaDRC1d147yg6YrnYRK9Rn

Payouts are automatic, and occur once a day, if your balance is greater than 0.01 BTC.

FROM: http://middlecoin2.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/#113yvf6aNHQ3CaDRC1d147yg6YrnYRK9Rn

Payouts are automatic, and occur once a day, if your balance is greater than 0.001 BTC.

I believe the minimum payout has been changed to .01.  All you can really do is guess at your 24 hour earnings because it depends on too many factors.  You can look at past performance to guess at how much you might make in a 24 hour period, but past performance can never guarantee future performance.  It may be higher or lower.  Sorry for the vague answer, but the question is difficult to really nail down.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Treggar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:34:05 AM

It is 0.01 BTC minimum payouts.  All of my payouts on middlecoin have happened once I reached > 0.01 Balance.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:22:33 AM

Well as long as middle coin is gonna mine doge, I'll just switch most of my rigs to it directly. I like the idea of a pool bouncing between coins, but the work on the backend probably needs to be improved. Does the pool mine coins for targeted sale at a later time, keeping a balance of a number of coins and working the trading market looking for opportunities, or does it auto sell as coins are mined?
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:11:19 AM

hey h2o ... watch catcoin Smiley

nope
gdale

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:11:42 AM

my username is 1GcH4tkx46wFGpYgKJKLcGK6kV3ykW9aL . i see my hashing rate and its about right but the balances for my account are not updating why? can anyone help me?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:23:59 AM

It is 0.01 BTC minimum payouts.  All of my payouts on middlecoin have happened once I reached > 0.01 Balance.

I believe the minimum payout has been changed to .01.  All you can really do is guess at your 24 hour earnings because it depends on too many factors.  You can look at past performance to guess at how much you might make in a 24 hour period, but past performance can never guarantee future performance.  It may be higher or lower.  Sorry for the vague answer, but the question is difficult to really nail down.

Chad

Thx for the answer guys, how the hell do I multi-quote?

So with 400kh/s It's going to take me a week to do .01. I'm not sure I want to stay in this pool that long, how do I get my coins before .01?

,01 is not what I signed up for.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:30:00 AM

I believe the minimum payout has been changed to .01.  All you can really do is guess at your 24 hour earnings because it depends on too many factors.  You can look at past performance to guess at how much you might make in a 24 hour period, but past performance can never guarantee future performance.  It may be higher or lower.  Sorry for the vague answer, but the question is difficult to really nail down.

Chad

So with 400kh/s It's going to take me a week to do .01. I'm not sure I want to stay in this pool that long, how do I get my coins before .01?

heuristic,

Nice name btw, so what did you expect to make with your puny 400kh/s rig? 10 btc a day? People like you make me laugh. You need to count yourself lucky to make 0.01 a WEEK with your hashrate. Har har har.
dgross0818

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:35:32 AM

Chad

heuristic,

Nice name btw, so what did you expect to make with your puny 400kh/s rig? 10 btc a day? People like you make me laugh. You need to count yourself lucky to make 0.01 a WEEK with your hashrate. Har har har.

It sounds a little harsh when you put it that way, however, the reality is this isn't some get-rich-quick scheme. There was a day when 400kh/s would earn serious BTC, however, we both missed that boat by a long long time... Many people here have invested thousands or tens of thousands into equipment to mine with. Even now with 10MH/s, around 25x your hash rate, payout is still only 0.1-0.2BTC a day.
mardilv

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:36:22 AM

You aren't mining 24h/day I suppose? Since If you did you would be getting .01 in 2-3 days. I think you'll have to mine it out, other than that the payments threshold might be returned to previous value in the future but I doubt it considering the load on the pool. Shame that info on the site hasn't been updated.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:18:37 AM

heuristic,

First Off it's Hueristic, I before e except after c and U before e when referring to me! I can see reading comprehension is your strong suit. Tongue

Second my hash has nothing to do with the fact the Pool clearly states one thing yet provides another, that is called bait and switch. Look it up if it's too complicated for you.

Lastly I expect to make more in this Pool than I can do in a dedicated pool which is not the case. AND now I am stuck in this pool until I reach the payout level.

If a certain hash is too low to be viable in a pool then it should be noted.

It sounds a little harsh when you put it that way, however, the reality is this isn't some get-rich-quick scheme. There was a day when 400kh/s would earn serious BTC, however, we both missed that boat by a long long time... Many people here have invested thousands or tens of thousands into equipment to mine with. Even now with 10MH/s, around 25x your hash rate, payout is still only 0.1-0.2BTC a day.

Thx, yes all true. I was Running 6 systems Running F@H (started in 2000/2001), when Bitcoin started I was in competition on OCN to build the folding largest team in the world which we accomplished. I looked into BTC and planned on switching a rig over but it never happened and I do regret that decision. As the thousands in just electric I spent on F@H would have me quite set now if I hadn't been so philanthropic.

You aren't mining 24h/day I suppose? Since If you did you would be getting .01 in 2-3 days. I think you'll have to mine it out, other than that the payments threshold might be returned to previous value in the future but I doubt it considering the load on the pool. Shame that info on the site hasn't been updated.

Hmm I am running 24/7 but for about 4 hours a day I lower the intensity and that does drop me about 1/3.  Maybe the pool has just had bad luck since I started. I wish I had made note of the time I started but was doing far to much research into these pools at the time.

I'm only running a 7870XT (1536 shaders) So that is why my hash is so low, took me a day to get it tweaked from 130kh/s at default. If I make enough to cover electric I may setup a dedicated rig and buy some gpu's as F@H is an cuda beast and I've just finished getting rid of those gpu's. I only got into it now because of the Doge craze. But It looks like I missed most of that so I decided to look into gambling on new coins and found these pools. I started a thread asking about what one to join with my hash and it got deleted with no explanation.

mr.pj

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:19:47 AM

When talking about all those stuff and profits - just keep 1 more thing in mind.
The Hashrate of middlecoin has more than doubled over the last week. This means there is a lot more h2o has to do in the background to keep everything stable and he really does a good job so far. There are no noticeable downtimes!

Next thing:
With this amount of hashrate now , expect to make way less return in avg anyway... we might be lucky that coins like doge appear, but in general the recent hype has pushed scrypt mining and a lof of people have build massive mining farms. (Just check the top at middlecoin and check since when they are putting their hashrate towards this pool).

So with these factors in mind, h2o is doing an amazing Job and I am more than thankful that I do not have to worry about exchanging or doing whatever with my earned currency. He does it all for us! So be more grateful!!!
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:45:33 AM

People like you make me laugh. You need to count yourself lucky to make 0.01 a WEEK with your hashrate. Har har har.
wow you're an ass. people like you weren't raised properly. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: