Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:25:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031113 times)
GambleX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GambleX Exchange/Gambling

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:08:34 PM

PSA: Gamblex has added QuarkCoin to their supported coins. We will provide an exchange and a gambling section where you can trade and gamble with QRK! Check out now, how you can profit from this. Investing is open now!

Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498311.0
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:19:25 PM

Quark is going to be huge: It is incredibly fast and it is the most secure coin there is, at a time when the security of cryptocoins is becoming a major issue, and transaction speed will become an issue for any coin that wants to move beyond enthusiasts and into the mainstream.

Fast doesn't really mean anything, you have to wait for more confirmations anyway to ensure a secure transaction. More confirmations = more time. It's a zero-sum game. Darkcoin has 11 rounds of different hashing so you could argue that that is the most secure, not quark. You're trying really hard to get people interested, but the fact remains that it's mined out. No one wants to mine a mined out coin, and no one wants to buy off bagholders.

Fast IS important. If you are using a point of service device to purchase in a store, you can get several confirmations within 30s-1min for Quark, unlike other coins. This provides a close approximation to using a debit or credit card and provides the merchant security and insurance against fraudulent transactions.

Darkcoin will never get widely accepted. The name screams black market, as does the anonymity which will cause mainstream adopters to shy away. It will have a large and important niche - but in a different sector than Quark. We can, and desire to co-exist.

Everyone keeps screaming that the coin is mined out. Are they in this to make a quick buck or to establish a viable payment system? Quark has real benefits over bitcoin for merchants and service providers. It is a quality product, and if you want to make money, you can invest in it as it increases its market share. Also, the Quark Foundation mining pool is coming down the pipeline, as well as an auto mining wallet which will use a small proportion of your CPU power to mine and support the network. As the adoption increases, and the average number of wallets open at any time increases, the Quark hash rate will increase on its own, ensuring its survival.

Support a Quality product and service. Support Quark.

Support the THUNDERCLAP
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9706-let-s-reinvent-money-together

Vic

Yes spread this everywhere, we should get influential or those with lots of Facebook/twitter friends to support it. Or influential people in the business/tech industry as long as the social reach will be high. I send a message to Vitaly he makes prank video on Youtube has 800k subscribers on FB, hopefully he will support, oh well it's a try. Lets go Thunderclap!!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:31:15 PM

Quark is going to be huge: It is incredibly fast and it is the most secure coin there is, at a time when the security of cryptocoins is becoming a major issue, and transaction speed will become an issue for any coin that wants to move beyond enthusiasts and into the mainstream.

Fast doesn't really mean anything, you have to wait for more confirmations anyway to ensure a secure transaction. More confirmations = more time. It's a zero-sum game. Darkcoin has 11 rounds of different hashing so you could argue that that is the most secure, not quark. You're trying really hard to get people interested, but the fact remains that it's mined out. No one wants to mine a mined out coin, and no one wants to buy off bagholders.

Fast IS important. If you are using a point of service device to purchase in a store, you can get several confirmations within 30s-1min for Quark, unlike other coins. This provides a close approximation to using a debit or credit card and provides the merchant security and insurance against fraudulent transactions.

Darkcoin will never get widely accepted. The name screams black market, as does the anonymity which will cause mainstream adopters to shy away. It will have a large and important niche - but in a different sector than Quark. We can, and desire to co-exist.

Everyone keeps screaming that the coin is mined out. Are they in this to make a quick buck or to establish a viable payment system? Quark has real benefits over bitcoin for merchants and service providers. It is a quality product, and if you want to make money, you can invest in it as it increases its market share. Also, the Quark Foundation mining pool is coming down the pipeline, as well as an auto mining wallet which will use a small proportion of your CPU power to mine and support the network. As the adoption increases, and the average number of wallets open at any time increases, the Quark hash rate will increase on its own, ensuring its survival.

Support the THUNDERCLAP

Vic

Yes spread this everywhere, we should get influential or those with lots of Facebook/twitter friends to support it. Or influential people in the business/tech industry as long as the social reach will be high. I send a message to Vitaly he makes prank video on Youtube has 800k subscribers on FB, hopefully he will support, oh well it's a try. Lets go Thunderclap!!

Simple we give out some qrks to people to help spread this on social networks... we just need someone to run it. We start a pot and give out coins for people helping to promote this.

Really we should already have a website where quark owners can sign up and get notifications ....we then sent out the message we are starting this campaign... qrk owners all help. Problem is most store their qrk and do not keep appraised with qrks progress.

Be good to get coding new wallet, where the quark owners could get messages pop up for stuff like this, latest qrk news.... with enough funding is this kind of thing possible?

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:37:11 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 04:51:23 PM by mcphervi

Support the THUNDERCLAP

Vic

Simple we give out some qrks to people to help spread this on social networks... we just need someone to run it. We start a pot and give out coins for people helping to promote this.

Really we should already have a website where quark owners can sign up and get notifications ....we then sent out the message we are starting this campaign... qrk owners all help. Problem is most store their qrk and do not keep appraised with qrks progress.

Be good to get coding new wallet, where the quark owners could get messages pop up for stuff like this, latest qrk news.... with enough funding is this kind of thing possible?

We are trying to centralize the news on the official Quark website - that's what I've been posting about for the last 1.5 weeks... I agree though - I will talk with James about adding a button to subscribe to email updates.

On the wallet - we'll have to see. There are more pressing things like the mining pool.

Setting up a faucet with a Thunderclap link might work... hmmm...

www.qrk.cc/press

Vic
mcphervi

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:45:00 PM

Support the THUNDERCLAP

Vic

Awesome! We're trying to get Bill Still onboard too!
Vic
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:03:10 PM

Support the THUNDERCLAP

Vic

We are trying to centralize the news on the official Quark website - that's what I've been posting about for the last 1.5 weeks... I agree though - I will talk with James about adding a button to subscribe to email updates.

On the wallet - we'll have to see. There are more pressing things like the mining pool.

Setting up a facuet with a Thunderclap link might work... hmmm...

www.qrk.cc/press

Vic

Let's get the pool to put up alerts for latest qrk projects too.

The thing i am trying to get across the most is that there are some wealthy people that like qrk, show them some returns and i am certain they could be persuaded to fund all types of projects.

POS added, wallet serious upgrade with more features , messages and news, even trading.  Advertising for businesses that adopt qrk in the wallet... the wallet really has to become the hub...people leave the wallet open constantly, it is news regarding qrk advancements, it is trading, it is advertising, it has some sophisticated mining stress controls. People leave it going and it has intensity controls so it only taxes their system 10%-15%... they don't notice it but are helping secure the network. They are rewarded for this. So much could be done with the wallet but it will cost quite a bit in dev. However if there were some good services through the wallet that charged a very small fee....those fee's are split to those that paid for this development.

Now to fund this kind of development is hard to reward the people that contribute and not just everyone owning qrk. Most people do not help projects, they do not donate. We need to give incentive.
With service based projects that charge a fee of a couple of % it is easy to pay back the contributors ... this way there will be plenty of funds for new projects... to hire coders, designers ...whatever we need.

I agree though for the most part people at ground level are not aware of the higher priorities and goals for the qrk foundation. A qrk membership site or mailing list is essential.

Qrk has a big community but for the most part is not working together ... with things like marketing there is a lot that can be done but we need to co-ordinate and reach qrk supporters when new campaigns are starting.

A lot of qrk development goes on without most of the qrk community being aware...qrk news and praise of those helping needs to be pushed out to the qrk community.

This thread is a good place to discuss projects and new development , and organise things like the fb thunderclap.

Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:50:15 PM

Updated Windows wallet available - 0.8.3r18

huge change in the orphan rate since the new wallet app was released.

http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/orphaned-qrk.html

fork?

We're investigating - at this time, thanks a to a quick email from Max, there is NO FORK detected. I'll let him further confirm though.

Vic

No fork detected on this side. I checked several nodes running both the old and new version of the wallet/daemon and they are all in sync.

Quark has both hard-coded checkpoints and broadcast check-points to mitigate forks in the block-chain.

If anyone would like to double-check that they are on the correct chain:

Code:
getblockhash 716590
0000000002b691588888763201805d6dc9ba679f83df5c3e655f64d1a8457b0a

Confirmed
received block 0000000002b691588888763201805d6dc9ba679f83df5c3e655f64d1a8457b0a
CheckSyncCheckpoint: nHeight=716590, hashSyncCheckpoint=000000000b7ff81465bda640b6897471a20f6eac0d4c8ec7d890aae93c01d884
mcphervi

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:55:02 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 10:51:47 PM by mcphervi

The thing i am trying to get across the most is that there are some wealthy people that like qrk, show them some returns and i am certain they could be persuaded to fund all types of projects.

POS added, wallet serious upgrade with more features , messages and news, even trading.  Advertising for businesses that adopt qrk in the wallet... the wallet really has to become the hub...people leave the wallet open constantly, it is news regarding qrk advancements, it is trading, it is advertising, it has some sophisticated mining stress controls. People leave it going and it has intensity controls so it only taxes their system 10%-15%... they don't notice it but are helping secure the network. They are rewarded for this. So much could be done with the wallet but it will cost quite a bit in dev. However if there were some good services through the wallet that charged a very small fee....those fee's are split to those that paid for this development.

Now to fund this kind of development is hard to reward the people that contribute and not just everyone owning qrk. Most people do not help projects, they do not donate. We need to give incentive.
With service based projects that charge a fee of a couple of % it is easy to pay back the contributors ... this way there will be plenty of funds for new projects... to hire coders, designers ...whatever we need.

I agree though for the most part people at ground level are not aware of the higher priorities and goals for the qrk foundation. A qrk membership site or mailing list is essential.

Qrk has a big community but for the most part is not working together ... with things like marketing there is a lot that can be done but we need to co-ordinate and reach qrk supporters when new campaigns are starting.

A lot of qrk development goes on without most of the qrk community being aware...qrk news and praise of those helping needs to be pushed out to the qrk community.

This thread is a good place to discuss projects and new development , and organise things like the fb thunderclap

Hey cryptohunter - believe me I'm hearing and really liking your insightful suggestions.

1. - Agree on the pools; I'm going to email them now.

2. Agree on trying to get the ball rolling on big, potentially profitable business ventures that are Quark centric.

3. I need to let Max comment on the wallet issue. Those suggestions - POS, etc are great.

4. Agree that ROI for big projects could self-propel by providing money for infrastructure, hiring, etc. I really like this suggestion.

5. I agree that this is a good venue to help organize. This forum provides a lot of exposure to potential investors, and I agree a lot more of the discussion should occur here.

Part of what we are trying to accomplish with the thunderclap campaign and associated Shaq campaign is to stir up interest in people regarding Quark again. Its been a little too quiet, and it is a VERY good coin for a number of reasons that could serve as a great foundation for a lot of payment related infrastructure. Its speed lends itself to point of service use. Its encryption both provides protection against attacks, and is a great marketing point. We're trying to spark public adoption which should get interest back in the coin, which should prompt services to start appearing. I totally agree that we should start brainstorming on services that have a fee component that could reward investment and provide salaries, etc. This is not lost on me, and I really encourage anyone with good ideas to start brainstorming here.

Vic
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:05:49 PM

I'm very impressed by the creativity from the community. We are creating a bond, people are backing each other up, helping each other out. I like our community more and more.
We need to keep the momentum. The Quark topic at Bitcointalk has been active again. Quarks dev showed up too. Remember that we should keep this momentum.
Also remember that the success of a Crypto is 50% features and 50% promotion and raising awareness. The first 50% we have already in the pocket, we need to focus on the second part which we are doing good lately. If a coin is going to succeed it needs to be attacked in every conceivable way and show it can't be hurt.
We need to keep it up so that when bigger exchanges start to trade alts we will be noticed. So raising awareness and promotion is what we should focus on so when the big rise happens we are on the first row to ride the wave of success.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:20:21 PM

POS added, wallet serious upgrade with more features , messages and news, even trading.  Advertising for businesses that adopt qrk in the wallet... the wallet really has to become the hub...people leave the wallet open constantly, it is news regarding qrk advancements, it is trading, it is advertising, it has some sophisticated mining stress controls. People leave it going and it has intensity controls so it only taxes their system 10%-15%... they don't notice it but are helping secure the network. They are rewarded for this. So much could be done with the wallet but it will cost quite a bit in dev. However if there were some good services through the wallet that charged a very small fee....those fee's are split to those that paid for this development.

This thread is a good place to discuss projects and new development , and organise things like the fb thunderclap

Hey cryptohunter - believe me I'm hearing and really liking your insightful suggestions.

2. Agree on trying to get the ball rolling on big, potentially profitable business ventures that are Quark centric.

3. I need to let Max comment on the wallet issue. Those suggestions - POS, etc are great.

4. Agree that ROI for big projects could self-propel by providing money for infrastructure, hiring, etc. I really like this suggestion.

5. I agree that this is a good venue to help organize. This forum provides a lot of exposure to potential investors, and I agree a lot more of the discussion should occur here.

Part of what we are trying to accomplish with the thunderclap campaign and associated Shaq campaign is to stir up interest in people regarding Quark again. Its been a little too quiet, and it is a VERY good coin for a number of reasons that could serve as a great foundation for a lot of payment related infrastructure. Its speed lends itself to point of service use. Its encryption both provides protection against attacks, and is a great marketing point. We're trying to spark public adoption which should get interest back in the coin, which should prompt services to start appearing. I totally agree that we should start brainstorming on services that have a fee component that could reward investment and provide salaries, etc. This is not lost on me, and I really encourage anyone with good ideas to start brainstorming here.

Vic

Hey yep i love the shaq thing 100% i think it's a great idea.

Also max has been great i mean qrk has been awesome from the start and is still a pleasure to use and one of the best coins around without doubt. I mean even the qrk clones have to try and latch on to the qrk name also. These coins i prefer to think now of them as tribute coins really.

However there is only so much one programmer can do. We need to bring in many more coders and get many more useful quark services going asap.

There are so many service where a small % can be returned to investor either to say a limit of 3x their investment then the % goes into the qrk future development fund. Or else the retain this % endless.

I mean endless return is going get people throwing qrk in the pot for development pot, show people a return on their investment and risk they will come.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:29:54 AM

There's plenty of good services in the US. Not sure what your point is there. New ones popping up all the time, e.g Atomic-Trade, licenced to trade crypto to USD, and bittrex, also US based. The UK has also just clarified tax laws to make it easier for UK services.

I don't want to come across as a troll who just turned up on your quark thread, but I took issue with QRK being called "fast" and "the most secure". To be fair to you guys, you have a great community. Best of luck to your coin.

I don't think you were trolling, its an aspect of different markets this market here is a mining market just like Cryptsy is a mining exchange, i'm not saying mining is not important it is , but one has to recognize that there is a whole other world out there.

the big question is confidence so that was my point, when Crypto is existing in a hostile environment in the US, when Banks and Banking agents are setting up institutions to fail, this come from that hostility its a known fact that BRICs nations do not have that hostility because they are not directly threatened by Crypto, only the Financial institutions that are attempting to rule the world are threatened.

if you have not been keeping up with things they are not in BRICs nations, while the Central Bank of China has influence its ultimately an institution, same with the Russian general situation etc.

in the West, due to weak government structures these financial institutions rule absolutely, that's ok if many can not understand that it take a little time to understand these things.

so in summary its about where is the safer place, in the West unless an exchange is definitly linked to a name we can trust, how do we know its not a Bank setup job?

then even if it is legit how can we know how much pressure Banks are putting on the owners? , this was obvious with the MtGox USD withdrawal issue.

BRICs Exchanges exist with no molesting hands, the best they can pull off is a DDos.

so right now the future of Crypto looks eastward to me, its not that simple but just how it looks.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

Come on guys lets get this going we are at 82 we need 500, get your friends and families, influential people you know, those who have lots of friend or followers to support this. It's going to be big, but only with your help.

Support the THUNDERCLAP
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:46:32 PM

Hi! is it too late to begin to mine this coin?

and if i want to start now, is it better use my gpu (ati hd 7970) or my cpu (AMD A8 6600k 3,9Ghz)?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:03:15 PM

Come on guys lets get this going we are at 82 we need 500, get your friends and families, influential people you know, those who have lots of friend or followers to support this. It's going to be big, but only with your help.

Support the THUNDERCLAP

400 x 50 will get it there in a few hours.

50 qrk to everyone with decent amount of friends on FB who takes part gets 50 qrk..

we need a pot of 20k qrk

i'll give 200

come on PM everyone on this thread we need 100 people giving 200 coins each to this pot.  Also put a message of the qrk forum and get the pool owner of the main pool to put a notice up on his pool.

Contributers named if they want.

Let's start pulling together and getting some stuff done.... not all sitting around looking at each other waiting for something to happen.Also take part with our own FB too.

100 people need to donate 200 qrk each = 20k (obviously if you are a qkr whale and want to give more that is fine too Smiley

we use this 20k for getting some social media advertising done like for the project above.

We need someone known and trusted in the quark community........let's get on with it.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:26:04 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 02:51:46 PM by Netnox

Support the THUNDERCLAP

400 x 50 will get it there in a few hours.

50 qrk to everyone with decent amount of friends on FB who takes part gets 50 qrk..

we need a pot of 20k qrk

i'll give 200

come on PM everyone on this thread we need 100 people giving 200 coins each to this pot.  Also put a message of the qrk forum and get the pool owner of the main pool to put a notice up on his pool.

Contributers named if they want.

Let's start pulling together and getting some stuff done.... not all sitting around looking at each other waiting for something to happen.Also take part with our own FB too.

100 people need to donate 200 qrk each = 20k (obviously if you are a qkr whale and want to give more that is fine too Smiley

we use this 20k for getting some social media advertising done like for the project above.

We need someone known and trusted in the quark community........let's get on with it.

I agree, we have 17 days left. Wouldn't it be better to wait for the last 10 days to do this? In 7 days we can get more people to sign up and the last 10 days we will go for your suggestion. This way we need less Quark too, but we can start the fundraising now. I gave 5000 Quark to the Shaq project, but will also contribute to your suggestion. Man wish i has some extra money to buy Quark at this cheap price.

I can make a self moderated Topic on the Alt Currencies section about this, but first we need the Quarks.
How do we check if people did actually support though?
coinerer

Activity: 1344
Merit: 593

Next Generation Web3 Casino

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Very bad position for QRK at this voting

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

That site is extremely manipulated by bots and such. It's such a pointless site wouldn't bother with it.

Last thing Quark needs is to get on another lower end exchange that just dilutes the trading volume.

QRK is goind down and down and down  Angry

AllCrypt exchange is out of beta now:

https://www.allcrypt.com/voting

Quark does not need voting at all. It needs further fall.

Ah stfu hater, Quark is the best, the whole crypto market is down you retard

Read more carefully
what I wrote and try to vote for Quarkcoin on every exchange.

█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
█████████████▄▀███████▄▄
███████▄▄████▀▄██▀▀█▀██▄▄▄██▄▄
█████▄████████████████▄▀█▄██████▄▄
████▀▄█▄█████████████████▄▀█████████▄
░▄█████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀██████▌████
░▀████████████████████▀▄█▀███▀████
░░▀███████████▀████████▀▄███████
███▀█████████████▀██████████████
████▀████████████████▀██████████
█████▀██▀▀██████████████▀█████▀

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:25:40 PM

^^ Sorry mate
dE_logics

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:47:57 PM

"Darkcoin in terms of hashing functions it is a combination of Quark's 6 hashing functions and Qubit-coin's 5 hashing functions, so in total Darkcoin has 11. Five of Quark's hashing functions (Blake, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein) were the finalists of the NIST competition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIST_hash_function_competition
But Quark is using 9 rounds of hashing: while using 6 rounds from Blake, Blue Midnight Wish, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein it adds 3 more rounds of hashing randomly: so the computer doesn't know whether it will be Keccak or Grøstl or Blake. And that's one of the uniqiue beauties of Quark. Unfortunately, Darkcoin or Qubitcoin don't do that: the computer remains certain about which hashing function will be used.

In addition, Darkcoin's block generation time is 2.5minutes (150seconds), while Quark is 30 seconds. Which means that Quarks algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, while for Darkcoin this window of opportunity for the attacker is 5 timeslonger: 150 seconds with no element of randomness. If you take all these factors into account, Quark is still the most secure - it's not only about the number of hashing functions."

Yeah, that's why Quark's GPU miner is slow and takes less power.

I think 15 to 20 rounds of random hashing and complex decision making process will kill GPU mining as a whole.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
dE_logics

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:50:00 PM

To people who're trying to think why Quark is going down --

It's not going down relatively. All cryptos are going down and Quark is down in proportion cause of Auroracoin.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:48:31 PM

Vic

How easily can you change a coin from PoW to PoS? I would be fully into Quark if this ever happened. If we could do that, not only would we have a secure network, but we would attract many new investors who don't want to miss out on staking rewards.

ROI for big projects is necessary, and supported on a few other websites. The Scharmbeck Foundation (and eventually scandal) was funded like a stock would be and raised 5 million dollars. It promised high dividends. We shouldn't directly associate Quark coin with a project, and we must make sure that the developers are trustworthy.

I'm trying to figure out what a profitable project would be that could help a coin (possibly Quark, but whatever would maximize my potential) as we speak. I think developing android and ios games that use cryptos for 'upgrade purchases' or 'in-game stores' might be one project I undertake. Although a game that rewards you with coins, like a faucet would definitely popularize a coin (at the expense of whoever donates the coins).

Producer
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: