Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:17:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:42:26 AM

I understand your concern but what I'm throwing to the community is something simple. Quark will always be quark, quill is quill. Even the codes are not linked up by sidechain nor requiring quill to be tied up when paying with quark.

they will be separate but only thing different is the exchange to connect both together.

If quill one day becomes so attractive people will acquire quark to get it. And since quill developers manage the fixed exchange rate we have some form of control

also to fix the economic model, quill max quantity has to be fixed.

All of these are getting way too complicated...

Anyway here's my idea... if u guys really bent on companion coin it has to be something like this.

The coin has to have a fixed exchange rate to quark. It means 'pegging' according to economic terms. I will call the coin "quill" if this idea goes through... so 1 quark is always equivalent to 10 quill no matter where u go. The exchange rate to other alt coin can free float but to quark it remains the same.

To implement this fixed exchange rate idea, the quill has to integrate some codes to tie to quark without altering quark. Else if can't be done we have to create a centralized exchange rate at quark.cc meaning that in open market you can exchange quark to quill vice versa at any rate but over at central. It is tied to 1 quark to 10 quill.

To preserve its value we need to consider the distribution time frame to stretch longer. 10 times than quark 6 months. So if quill  value goes up, so does quark because it is pegged at fixed exchange rate.
I agree, however no one will be able to control the economic aspect of that new coin in relation with quark even if you'll create a centralized exchange rate. If you want that new coin to be pegged at quark value with 10:1 ratio you need something build-in like the sidechains technology which won't be subjective to economic manipulation and will always translate 10 quill to 1 quark. You can then allow asic miners on that coin, gpu miners, etc because even if they control 100% of the hashrate power of that sidechain they won't be able to attack the quark network.

Instead of pools we'll be able to have lots of sidechains on which different quarkers will mine the one that gives them the best value, for example there could be the official quark sidechains released by the foundation with a 10:1 ratio with a percentage going to developers, and on top of that anyone could build a sidechain coin but will have the standard ratio of 100:1. That way people have options and will be attracted by the new technology with all sort of miners joining the most profitable sidechain based on their mining equipment. To implement this would be a big challenge but without a protocol controlled ratio you rely on free market and you would go in a funny situation when that companion coin will surpass Quark and instead of saving Quark you'll bring quarkers into a dust storm.

Thing is, quill will be just another altcoin, what will make investors want to come and invest in it ? There are already hundreds of alts, let Quark be the first to implement side chain technology and I promise you that it'll generate much more interest and attention from media and investors that believe in crypto than a new altcoin would.

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 08:49:02 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 09:23:25 AM by Q7

Correct. It will be another alt coin. But a coin that only gives you 1:10 exchange rate.

what im proposing is an economic model. I did add and edit my earlier post about capping quill max quantity. If u are interested to follow through. Thanks guys

another thing I would like to add is that if involves changing quark codes,  if fails then everything including all of us will go underwater. If a coin not connected, if it fails then quark is probably still intact. It definitely won't move up but it won't just sink

I understand your concern but what I'm throwing to the community is something simple. Quark will always be quark, quill is quill. Even the codes are not linked up by sidechain nor requiring quill to be tied up when paying with quark.

they will be separate but only thing different is the exchange to connect both together.

If quill one day becomes so attractive people will acquire quark to get it. And since quill developers manage the fixed exchange rate we have some form of control

also to fix the economic model, quill max quantity has to be capped. If it is capped, value will change due to supply issue. However quark is adjusted based on inflation. When quill supply decreases it will impact quark demand. And dont forget quill exchange rate is fixed to quark

Anyway here's my idea... if u guys really bent on companion coin it has to be something like this.

The coin has to have a fixed exchange rate to quark. It means 'pegging' according to economic terms. I will call the coin "quill" if this idea goes through... so 1 quark is always equivalent to 10 quill no matter where u go. The exchange rate to other alt coin can free float but to quark it remains the same.

To implement this fixed exchange rate idea, the quill has to integrate some codes to tie to quark without altering quark. Else if can't be done we have to create a centralized exchange rate at quark.cc meaning that in open market you can exchange quark to quill vice versa at any rate but over at central. It is tied to 1 quark to 10 quill.

To preserve its value we need to consider the distribution time frame to stretch longer. 10 times than quark 6 months. So if quill  value goes up, so does quark because it is pegged at fixed exchange rate.
I agree, however no one will be able to control the economic aspect of that new coin in relation with quark even if you'll create a centralized exchange rate. If you want that new coin to be pegged at quark value with 10:1 ratio you need something build-in like the sidechains technology which won't be subjective to economic manipulation and will always translate 10 quill to 1 quark. You can then allow asic miners on that coin, gpu miners, etc because even if they control 100% of the hashrate power of that sidechain they won't be able to attack the quark network.

Instead of pools we'll be able to have lots of sidechains on which different quarkers will mine the one that gives them the best value, for example there could be the official quark sidechains released by the foundation with a 10:1 ratio with a percentage going to developers, and on top of that anyone could build a sidechain coin but will have the standard ratio of 100:1. That way people have options and will be attracted by the new technology with all sort of miners joining the most profitable sidechain based on their mining equipment. To implement this would be a big challenge but without a protocol controlled ratio you rely on free market and you would go in a funny situation when that companion coin will surpass Quark and instead of saving Quark you'll bring quarkers into a dust storm.

Thing is, quill will be just another altcoin, what will make investors want to come and invest in it ? There are already hundreds of alts, let Quark be the first to implement side chain technology and I promise you that it'll generate much more interest and attention from media and investors that believe in crypto than a new altcoin would.

silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:21:27 AM

Correct. It will be another alt coin. But a coin that only gives you 1:10 exchange rate.

what im proposing is an economic model. I did add and edit my earlier post about capping quill max quantity. If u are interested to follow through. Thanks guys

also to fix the economic model, quill max quantity has to be capped. If it is capped, value will change due to supply issue. However quark is adjusted based on inflation. When quill supply decreases it will impact quark demand. And dont forget quill exchange rate is fixed to quark

Just to be sure..is it really called "pegging"? never heard of this model before, but google tells me that pegging is something eh.. well I am not sure everybody is 18+ here Cheesy

Anyway the model as you explained, that should be taken in consideration.  I also want that the new merged mining coin is economic correlated with quark, to create a value for the coin. I am curious whether there are more options.
maok

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:23:25 AM

the only problem I'm having understanding is how will you be able to control the ratio of quark quill, what if there will be some investors that will go on cryptsy and pay more on quill then the official ratio, if its a protocol induced ratio then they have overpaid, but if its an advisory note from the quark foundation then they have made either a good or bad decision based on their later trades. It could also happen the other way and be worth a lot less than 10:1, people might not want to pay even 100:1 for the quill, but if its protocol induced ratio then everybody knows that 10 quils will be translated into quark blockchain as 1 QRK. We keep the trustless model and only have faith in the protocol, not in the economic models which are daily broken and rewritten.

Again, what will this new altcoin/companion coin bring to the table as a technology, all the top 10 coins now have something that makes them attractable for investors. Quark could spark the same attractiveness if a new technology like side chain will be implemented, not only the devs will receive all the laurels but they could also benefit by creating a sidechain for devs where they'll get 1% of the block rewards so that they are continually funded for working on Quark.

Q7

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 10:14:31 AM

Whether an exchanger is paying more/less for quill in open market compared to the capped amount in central exchanger, eventually market will readjust the price to match central exchanger. Nobody is willing to pay 20 to 1 when in fact you can get much less at the official exchanger. Same vice versa.

For that matter, the central exchanger must always have enough supply to cope for demand of exchange.

the only problem I'm having understanding is how will you be able to control the ratio of quark quill, what if there will be some investors that will go on cryptsy and pay more on quill then the official ratio, if its a protocol induced ratio then they have overpaid, but if its an advisory note from the quark foundation then they have made either a good or bad decision based on their later trades. It could also happen the other way and be worth a lot less than 10:1, people might not want to pay even 100:1 for the quill, but if its protocol induced ratio then everybody knows that 10 quils will be translated into quark blockchain as 1 QRK. We keep the trustless model and only have faith in the protocol, not in the economic models which are daily broken and rewritten.

Again, what will this new altcoin/companion coin bring to the table as a technology, all the top 10 coins now have something that makes them attractable for investors. Quark could spark the same attractiveness if a new technology like side chain will be implemented, not only the devs will receive all the laurels but they could also benefit by creating a sidechain for devs where they'll get 1% of the block rewards so that they are continually funded for working on Quark.

Q7

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 10:24:20 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 10:39:46 AM by Q7

@silvermetal
Lol... search 'currency pegging'
Didn't realize another more creative term exist Grin

@maok
We always mention technology. There are coders here who can create complex mathematical solutions. But have we considered and apply economic model as solution? Quark is unique in terms of technology but why does it slump to current state? Can we guarantee a coin which is technologically advanced wont fail? Fact is very few look at that aspect. People look at profitability. Else quark wouldn't suffer same fate. If u ask me, We drop the mining reward too soon and that causes current scenario. 6 months and very few get the chance to even get to know bout this coin. And that affects distribution. And is that economic terms we are talking here?

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:52:21 AM

This is all very interesting, how can we make sure that with the merge mined coin people don't sell their quarks and jump on the new one?
Q7

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 10:59:13 AM

This is all very interesting, how can we make sure that with the merge mined coin people don't sell their quarks and jump on the new one?

Separate the two as two different coins. Quark remain as it is. Innovate the companion coin. Apply fixed exchange rate similar to currency pegging

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 11:01:57 AM

its a good question and i think there will be some back and forth - but there will also be integration i think .

i.e what i'm saying at a point - if the dynamic is different the whole structure i don't think i'd sell Quark , but thats up to the market of course : )

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

QUARK WALLET GUI WITH SOCIAL & MINING FEATURES UPDATE
Hello everyone- not to interrupt this discussion on a Merge-mine project at all, but I just wanted to announce that we have received another 10K pledge from QMAK(aka Maok here Grin) over on the Reddit for the Quark GUI wallet with social and mining features!! Please check out the link here, and think of how this wallet would play a significant role in any merge-mine companion coin projects we undertake. Thanks, and keep it going...and please pledge if you think this project is worthwhile- This is the type of infrastructure project that we need Smiley
http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/29pigg/testing_testingnew_quark_wallet_gui_in_the_works/

Why noone quotes this?

Nice project Coinmama2014.

BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:26:38 PM

@Kolin
ha ha i'm sorry to laugh guys but 'm hearing a lot of "save Quark" ha ha

Yes Kolin, save Quark. I mean, Quark will most likely "survive" but I guess even to you it is not appealing to hold 247 millions of Quark and noone else wants to exchange it with you. As you may have noticed many people sold their Quarks and if you are going to laugh away problems that everyone else in the active community agrees exist then I can see more people turning their back on Quark. The hashrate issue is directly connected to price and trust in Quark, so yeah, we should and will do something about it.

@reRaise
Very interesting, i would be glad if you go into details.

Conditions:

A merge mining coin only makes sense to me if
a) there will be a prospect for a long-term value and
b) it is no direct competitor with Quark

This is why I am against a random roin that merge-mines. The coin should have a longer distribution scheme, let´s say 20 years and a different blockrate, say 3-6 minutes. This would make it distinguishable to Quark and avoid a fast boost with a short bust. When I said this could be an "experimental" coin I didn´t mean to think of it as Bitcoin Testnet but rather as a coin with a higher probability of hard forks when implementing new features.

To experiment on a different coin would sort of solve the discussion on whether we should change the Quark source code. As you know, some people wanted to push things forward and other were sceptical if that wouldn´t we a too high risk factor. To have a longer blockrate and distribution scheme would avoid the coin becoming a direct competitor with Quark as when it comes to adoption for many in-store trades 30 seconds would still be more attractive than 3-6 minutes and the inflation rate would be way higher as with Quark.

A copy from reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/29vtyt/a_nonstandart_merged_mining_hashrate_solution/

What if we create a merged-mining cPoW coin (let's call it SPARK Smiley ) with STANDARD money mass distribution. 30sec 50-coin block with halving every 4 years. Spark will allow GPU-miners to loot mine the coin on a trully asic-resistant algorythm.
Merged mining means that the task of solving Spark block equals solving Quark one and all the spark hashrate automatically adds to Quark one. MM pool will distribute 2880 QRK a day and 144k SRK. Thus Quark will gain additional hashrate without hard-forks, changing economical mechanisms (PoS) or inflating its money mass.

There are three mid-term scenarios.
-- SRK will be engaged in massive mining pump-and-dump schemes and all the other activities of our free market. On its way it gain much more popularity than Quark and maybe higher price (50M SRK in first year vs. 247M QRK). Large bagholders of Quark may dump all the coins and switch to it for some time diminishing quark status to Namecoin in BTC-NMC pair. But eventually as money mass of SRk inflated and PnD fade the capital will move back for in QRK where it will be safe from inflation.
-- Noone knows and care about Spark. We loose nothing.
-- For miners QRK is additional reward for mining Sparks, but much more scarse (50 to 1). Psycologically more scarse resource is more valuable. For this reason Quark will engage in PnDs and mining activity too if such exists.

In any case we loose nothing as on the side of qUark will be only a redistribution of a minor miners' rewars which in any case rewarded to someone every block. On the other hand we could gain more hashrate and security, use CPU- and GPU-miners as a resourse. They are now frustrated and lost in ASIC hysteria and very like asic-resistant algos even if the algos are not trully such (scrypt-N or x11/13/15). If we give them something they used to and show a quark logic and phylosophy as an unnesesary option, some of them will definitely understand and join us.
I could start a bounty let's say in 20k QRKs.

Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:43:43 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 12:27:41 AM by Coinmama2014

Hello everyone- not to interrupt this discussion on a Merge-mine project at all, but I just wanted to announce that we have received another 10K pledge from QMAK(aka Maok here Grin) over on the Reddit for the Quark GUI wallet with social and mining features!! Please check out the link here, and think of how this wallet would play a significant role in any merge-mine companion coin projects we undertake. Thanks, and keep it going...and please pledge if you think this project is worthwhile- This is the type of infrastructure project that we need Smiley
http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/29pigg/testing_testingnew_quark_wallet_gui_in_the_works/

Why noone quotes this?

lol, I know right??
hahaha everyone is too busy with big ideas to smell the roses?
thanks Pablo!
EDIT: Might as well add an update while I am here!! HASH ENGINEERING IS WORKING ON THE WALLET!! (LINUX)

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:22:02 AM

Why noone quotes this?

lol, I know right??
thanks Pablo!
EDIT: Might as well add an update while I am here!! HASH ENGINEERING IS WORKING ON THE WALLET!! (LINUX)

Great !

So Hash E is a C++ and Java coder?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:20:47 AM

Why noone quotes this?

lol, I know right??
thanks Pablo!

Great !

This should be retweeted and promoted hardly in different ways too. It has lot of marketing potential.

c4shm3n

Activity: 719

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:24:42 PM

we are not on coinmarketcap ? what happend? any ideas?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
maok

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:29:31 PM

we are not on coinmarketcap ? what happend? any ideas?
we're in top 20, however since most QRK trades are done via Cryptsy, when their service is down they can't get the data and we appear 1st place in the "Low Volume" list. Whenever they can get the Cryptsy data we go back into #19. We should make some efforts for switching to an USD-QRK market like on QEX so we are not dependent on BTC price. If quark traders switch for QEX we'll have a more stable exchange rate.

c4shm3n

Activity: 719

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:08:18 PM

yea seems now we back there! nice!

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:06:50 PM

The Quark mobile Wallet went from Beta to Stable on Play Store. With the app is simply awesome and you can use it to pass Quarks within seconds. Wait for the ka-ching Wink

This is the announcement on Youtube, feel free to upvote if you like it.

maok

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:27:31 PM

Why noone quotes this?

lol, I know right??
thanks Pablo!

Great !

This should be retweeted and promoted hardly in different ways too. It has lot of marketing potential.

we can also have multi sig integration with the new wallet if there is enough support, so please make a pledge http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/29pigg/testing_testingnew_quark_wallet_gui_in_the_works/ciqzp3g

maok

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:29:55 PM

The Quark mobile Wallet went from Beta to Stable on Play Store. With the app is simply awesome and you can use it to pass Quarks within seconds. Wait for the ka-ching Wink

This is the announcement on Youtube, feel free to upvote if you like it.

Quark has some features that no other coin offers and you managed to explain them so cool in 30 seconds, good job you're awesome!

Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: