Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:45:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits  (Read 18231 times)
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:26:32 PM

In crypto volatile price is already given here so if you speculate the it can make profit if you hold any coin but it cannot too.I think the best to do is do invest even the price now is really high.Moreover nothing gonna happen if you didn't try so try even just a little invest then double it if you already earn that's all you can do think positive.

Where do you find the perfect speculation as you said about the crypto you have invested on it. For holding i think you do not need to speculate it and all. That too for bitcoin we will find the bitcoin price to be bumped in the chart.
As we see more speculation said in the forum they all think bitcoin would be touch the 25k USD in some months so holding will be profitable for you if you do invest on it.
When we do talk about bitcoin then its possible to make profits but making us a millionaire then it wont be possible because price of btc is already to huge which It would even hardly attained x2 x3 on its price even on upcoming years but yet we do have still another option which is on altcoin which this can really possibly make this thing happen but the main question on here is that which coin should we hold? This would really be a tough job but its not totally a full speculation since we can always based on our knowledge and skills when researching up things.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
podrick17

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:07:00 PM

I am not much into trading but one thing is clear for me that holding alts is very effective, i have an app in my cp called blockfolio and i was looking for some alts and in just a few weeks most of them pump really hard but those alts are quite famous in the community so i think it is natural but God if just invested in those alts i may have a large money right now  Grin

papuayenigine

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

CLOUT media.decentralised

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:10:53 PM

This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

Not maybe being a millionaire, but getting good profits is not impossible by holding. There are many coins which brought good profits thanks to their fluctuate prices. And I don't think that, that holding age will end in a near future.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CLOUT - Media Decentralized    ◆    [Join ICO Now]    ◆    Whitepaper / ANN Thread    ◆    TFMTD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TeLlMeFrY

Activity: 392

Spanish Translator

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:05:29 PM

You can still gain good money just hodling, and much more if you find nice projects of altcoins to invest (even with BTC, it wouldn´t be so strange if it raises to 100k on next year). However if you want to start another strategy of investment like find new projects, it´s your choice, it could be even better than hodl.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
Chandler32

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:06:54 PM

Patience really isn't just a word here especially once you see prices go way below your expectations. If you believe that a certain coin is worth holding based on research and not on 'hope', then it's well worth the risk.
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:14:12 PM

This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

In this world, HODLING can make profit due to volatility which we all know, but it will still depends on what currency you want to hold. We can only  become a millionaire by holding if we waited years for that coin to grow.  But dude, don't just hold, as you said it is better to look for opportunities because in this world so much opportunity exist and you only need to discover it and jump in. In holding, you are like waiting for luck which is not a good manner of a successful person. So, finding your own luck is the key to become a millionaire and not waiting for your luck to come.  Wink

You hit the spot on this one. If you want to make a decent ammount, not even to be really rich, is no longer a question of just keeping a coin or set of coins for a few years. I dare to say that bitcoin has reached its maximun for a few months.
Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:39:38 PM

If I personally don't like to hold my altcoin.. I prefer to play fast ,, and I look for altcoin that moves fast.You could say looking for a ride.

lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:49:00 PM

I have sold loads of coins earlier and the majority of them have jumped up in price quite significantly. It happened in 2015, 2016 and 2017. It is a shame it took me so much time to understand that you will earn more if you forget about getting quick buck. Stop checking the price every day, find some new opportunities but do not hurry to close the deal even with a good profit, time shows you will get even more in most cases.
thinkme1st

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:50:58 AM

I just saw this on my twitter feed.. and I think this should be one of the best answer for this question:

@robertreidmd: "Bitcoin has "crashed" 30% SIX TIMES in 2017.  Each "crash" has been followed by an increase of: 76%, 237%, 183%, 165%, 152%.  Bitcoin takes 7 steps forward, 2 steps back, 7 steps forward, 2 steps back.  Every 2 steps back is heralded as the end of #bitcoin.  Relax!"

Smiley

Many experts suggest HODLing BTC or crypto for the long term is a smart move! Don't panic.. Just HODL! Smiley

so true

ggameon

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:20:55 AM

This is like asking should i keep my job or move to a other job if i want to make the most money i can make. well it depends.
Problem is nobody knows for sure.
One thing that is likely is that in the next year cryptos will increase in overall value ( probably significantly ) and will burst.....this could happen multiple times untill they mature. The huge gains and hard to predict losses are both things of immature industries.
I am watching my verge coins now   ...just a bit earlier talking on the phone i was 50/60% up today and now i'm back to baseline of what i had today.
So question for you should i have sold them ate a good daily profit? you might say yes.....but i didn't know it will go down again did i?
I'm going to hold thinking in the longrun it will go up....but i could choose to sell and rebuy the same coin or the other. Both in a sense have the same factor of risk.  Unless you have some info telling you what will happen in the next days  etc

watch historical charts soem currencies have limited growth for some time and skyrocket withing a short time. some sold at x2 or x5 their investment...others holded it and got x1000. who was right? None of themor both. You tke risks either way and hope you mad the right dicision.

One thing is for sure and that is either holding one coin or jumping ships...crypto will be lucrative for the near future
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:59:58 AM

Based on my experience, hodling is still the best way to make profit. Most of my huge profits come from long term hodling instead of day trading. All you need to is just patience. Keep hodling it until it reach your target price.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:05:44 AM

Based on my experience, hodling is still the best way to make profit. Most of my huge profits come from long term hodling instead of day trading. All you need to is just patience. Keep hodling it until it reach your target price.

It also depends on what coin that we HODL, in case we need to find that the coins that we a re HODL has good news in futures.
or else, coins that we HODL have a bad price and some dumper coming in

HODL is good if we have a lot of assets, but if you have a small amount on your wallet, day trading is first recommend
smartsan

Activity: 196

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:52:35 AM

Yes, is not only way make you millionaire you should now the market demand and supply before you hold any crypto.Depands on which your asset growth increases... Smiley

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:17:35 AM

I preferably suggest you go for trading if you want profits, though it's hard because you need a lot of knowledge before engaging into it.
mikegosu

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:38:18 AM

I think It is depending on the coins move if it will aggressively pump or dump so fast. I am holding some coins for day to day trade and holding some for long trade. You can get a profit from both holding and trading from day to day it is just depending on your situation on how you will manage to get a profit from it.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:29:23 AM

Holding is still remains the best way to make money in crypto currencies market! Many new coins are coming up that are going to do very well in future and buying them now and hold should be the best decision any wise investors should embark on now. Margin trade is too risky and mining is not that profitable like before.
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:30:38 PM

If you're not an experienced  trader, holding is one of the most reasonable and profitable strategies. The cryptocurrency market continues to grow, and I think this process will continue for the next few years. So you should analize the market and find either a promising or undervalued coins, then long term profit is almost guaranteed.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:38:14 PM

In my opinion holding is easiest way to earn, once earned or bought just wait.. And someday you will get your price. Only question when? When will be exactly this moment to sell. You will want more and more  Roll Eyes If you don´t have time for trading, just HODL  Wink
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:46:15 PM

Hold on for dear life will always make me profits
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:28:36 PM

In my opinion holding is easiest way to earn, once earned or bought just wait.. And someday you will get your price. Only question when? When will be exactly this moment to sell. You will want more and more  Roll Eyes If you don´t have time for trading, just HODL  Wink

I guess the question then is what to Hodl. If I am going to wait for 10 years before making a decent profit I would rather invest in the stock market. I am not sure that cryptos are nowdays that good for pasive strategies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: