Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:44:34 AM

Just jumped on board for 7 shares (my gal's lucky number). Looking forward to what the upcoming weeks/months bring.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:02:20 AM

Just jumped on board for 7 shares (my gal's lucky number). Looking forward to what the upcoming weeks/months bring.
Don't do anything you might regret...
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:12:04 AM

Just be ready to sell if they don't deliver or never return to the forum.
Vigil

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:37:26 AM

Its only 7 shares... $2.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:44:52 AM

Its only 7 shares... $2.

I assumed you would have detected the sarcasm.
Vigil

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:47:50 AM

So, anyone like to provide a detailed outline of what needs to be shown on the 10th to verify the legitimacy of the Labcoin operation?
physalis

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:59:22 AM

So, anyone like to provide a detailed outline of what needs to be shown on the 10th to verify the legitimacy of the Labcoin operation?

I'm happy with either photo/video proof of the hardware and that it is functioning, or the user on a mining pool scoreboard so we can actually see it and how much it is.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 03:41:56 AM

Stuart, your post reeks of the jealous delusions of an ActM fanboy.

Anyone with half a brain could have told you that the eASIC news would cause a short lasting bubble due to having no actual chips for another 2 months. Anyone with a half a brain could also tell you that news of LC mining will be the start of a long lasting increase in share price due to actually having chips.

You've got to be seriously delusional to not understand this.

Actually, I did think ActM would settle at a higher price.  I actually thought it might get to 0.008 or 0.009.  That's because I personally wasn't even sure if the eASIC deal would really go through, or how long it would take. At least as far as my personal view - the fact the deal was closed made it seem much more likely to pay off down the road - although there are still a lot of things that Ken needs to get done before the stock can start paying dividends, and a lot of them are not under NDA.

But the fact that the price didn't slide indicates to me that, in fact, "the market" (such as it is) had been assuming the deal was legit all along. Labcoin seems way under priced as well - which to me says that most market participants actually do think both Labcoin and ActM will be successful, probably both getting a few percent of the network.

What I actually think is going on is that there just aren't enough people in the market overall, not enough money to support the "real" value of these stocks.  That's not too surprising given the TOS you have to agree too, which basically amounts to you agreeing that you're just giving away your money with no recourse.  Plus, not many people even use bitcoin, let alone understand mining well enough to get why these stocks have value.  

I know when people started talking about GLBSE, I figured it was an incredibly stupid idea to trust some random "bitcoin stock exchange".  It turns out I was totally right about GLBSE - and early ASICMiner investors where only able to keep their shares because of Friedcat's heroic measures in getting the shareholder list.

I think that probably explains AsicMiner's decline, the value (IMO) is declining because people are selling AM to buy ActM and Labcoin. Even though AM has been around longer, the fact is the price/reward ratio between AM and Labcoin are way out of whack.  AM and Labcoin both have 130nm chips, with faster ones on the way. There's no reason for AM to have 50-60 times the market cap.  At 2.1 and 0.038 it's more like 20x the market cap.

So, it's impossible to predict what's going to happen.  We might see a spike then rundown as people take profits. Or the news that they're hashing

____
Also - it's obviously funny that this supposed, self-proclaimed "chart reading genius" apparently didn't predict what would actually happen with his voodoo chartstrology.  He keeps saying that the only reason ActM is low is because of you spreading fud, but if he's so awsome at predicting movements from charts why hasn't he been able to predict ActM's spike and subsequent return to .038?

I mean, if he could really predict what the market was going to do he could have set a sell order at 0.0068, and a buy order at 0.0039, and almost doubled the number of shares in his account while being away from the computer for days.

But of course for people like this, they're never willing to give a timeframe for their predictions. They'll always say whatever is going to happen just hasn't happened yet, what good is knowing a future stock price if you don't know when it will have that price? (or, they'll tell you that people are doing something to prevent the "will of nature" apparently in this case the chart gods can be foiled by forum trolling)

FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:49:28 AM

Anyone with half a brain could have told you that the eASIC news would cause a short lasting bubble due to having no actual chips for another 2 months. Anyone with a half a brain could also tell you that news of LC mining will be the start of a long lasting increase in share price due to actually having chips.

Actually, I did think ActM would settle at a higher price.  I actually thought it might get to 0.008 or 0.009.  That's because I personally wasn't even sure if the eASIC deal would really go through, or how long it would take. At least as far as my personal view - the fact the deal was closed made it seem much more likely to pay off down the road - although there are still a lot of things that Ken needs to get done before the stock can start paying dividends, and a lot of them are not under NDA.

But the fact that the price didn't slide indicates to me that, in fact, "the market" (such as it is) had been assuming the deal was legit all along. Labcoin seems way under priced as well - which to me says that most market participants actually do think both Labcoin and ActM will be successful, probably both getting a few percent of the network.

What I actually think is going on is that there just aren't enough people in the market overall, not enough money to support the "real" value of these stocks.  That's not too surprising given the TOS you have to agree too, which basically amounts to you agreeing that you're just giving away your money with no recourse.  Plus, not many people even use bitcoin, let alone understand mining well enough to get why these stocks have value.  

I know when people started talking about GLBSE, I figured it was an incredibly stupid idea to trust some random "bitcoin stock exchange".  It turns out I was totally right about GLBSE - and early ASICMiner investors where only able to keep their shares because of Friedcat's heroic measures in getting the shareholder list.

I think that probably explains AsicMiner's decline, the value (IMO) is declining because people are selling AM to buy ActM and Labcoin. Even though AM has been around longer, the fact is the price/reward ratio between AM and Labcoin are way out of whack.  AM and Labcoin both have 130nm chips, with faster ones on the way. There's no reason for AM to have 50-60 times the market cap.  At 2.1 and 0.038 it's more like 20x the market cap.

So, it's impossible to predict what's going to happen.  We might see a spike then rundown as people take profits. Or the news that they're hashing

____
Also - it's obviously funny that this supposed, self-proclaimed "chart reading genius" apparently didn't predict what would actually happen with his voodoo chartstrology.  He keeps saying that the only reason ActM is low is because of you spreading fud, but if he's so awsome at predicting movements from charts why hasn't he been able to predict ActM's spike and subsequent return to .038?

I mean, if he could really predict what the market was going to do he could have set a sell order at 0.0068, and a buy order at 0.0039, and almost doubled the number of shares in his account while being away from the computer for days.

But of course for people like this, they're never willing to give a timeframe for their predictions. They'll always say whatever is going to happen just hasn't happened yet, what good is knowing a future stock price if you don't know when it will have that price? (or, they'll tell you that people are doing something to prevent the "will of nature" apparently in this case the chart gods can be foiled by forum trolling)
Actm's stock price has been really funny in the last few weeks. For the longest period of time Actm was stuck in between .005-.0055 until that one day in which labcoin crashed/recovered/crashed several times because swede didnt bring news "early in the week" enough. This created a ripple effect on Actm which sent that stock into freefall, down to .003-.004 because investors demanded news on eAsic. Then, the press release finally comes out and the stock price settles at ... .003-.004. Must suck to be stuartuk right now given how he was banking on the press release to bump his shares permanently upward.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:19:41 AM

AMs market cap based on btct's 24hr avg share price is 26.017x that of LC's market cap based on their current 24hr share price.

AM is obviously the established player here while LC still has a whole lot to prove. If LC can actually bring 200-300Th/s online in 2013 while friedcat brings on 1000Th then their market cap differences will likely begin to close, but lots of folks talk about bringing on huge hashing farms that never materialize. FC has actually done it and I wouldn't care to bet against him increasing AMs hashrate 10 fold or more in Q4.

dadaguo

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:05:24 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ::)look forward to ~~~
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 09:16:49 AM

____

Actm's stock price has been really funny in the last few weeks. For the longest period of time Actm was stuck in between .005-.0055 until that one day in which labcoin crashed/recovered/crashed several times because swede didnt bring news "early in the week" enough. This created a ripple effect on Actm which sent that stock into freefall, down to .003-.004 because investors demanded news on eAsic. Then, the press release finally comes out and the stock price settles at ... .003-.004. Must suck to be stuartuk right now given how he was banking on the press release to bump his shares permanently upward.

Too many people obsessed with share price.  Yes, that matters to flippers but it's the dividends that those who hold long are interested in.  Do not make the mistake of assuming to know what others strategies are.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 09:33:15 AM

People won't want to miss the gravy train when we start hashing. The only people who will complain about the share price are the same people complaining that they missed out on ipo. I've since bought more shares, I can't wait till late next week

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:36:03 AM

Also all those calculations about the chips, powerconsumption and hardware?! Fat BS..
Who cares, how they do it? how they get those TH.. as long as they come forward and start hashing, thats the most important..

Hardware sales is second on the list.. first push the car, than change wheels Smiley
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:38:21 AM

People won't want to miss the gravy train when we start hashing. The only people who will complain about the share price are the same people complaining that they missed out on ipo. I've since bought more shares, I can't wait till late next week
I believe in this project - bought at IPO, bought some more @btct - 0.0035 and even bought @Havelock - 0.003.

Not interested so much in dividends, I want to speculate in the price and that is why I am currently interested in AM right now...

Furthermore I hold IceDrill and PetaMine bonds.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:24:57 PM

Who just sold all ActvM to LC ?  Grin
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:33:27 PM

Someone with common sense. That rules out Stuart.  Cheesy
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:33:59 PM

yeah, that was pretty wild.  17K ActM shares to buy ~24K LC shares.

Seems like some people want to get on the train before it leaves the station.  Will we see a rally today?

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 01:34:04 PM

It's the start of the wave.. Wait till we hit 0.014 on Tuesday

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:36:10 PM

It's the start of the wave.. Wait till we hit 0.014 on Tuesday

Can you provide some evidence or calculations or reason as to this possibility? Thats 4x current valuation and 14x IPO.
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: