Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 07:03:57 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1058520 times)
TMAN
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 630


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:46:11 PM
 #5401

It's only a few more days, just put but orders in and wait it out, we will dip again before we hash

#FREETMAN
1513278237
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513278237

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513278237
Reply with quote  #2

1513278237
Report to moderator
1513278237
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513278237

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513278237
Reply with quote  #2

1513278237
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1513278237
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513278237

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513278237
Reply with quote  #2

1513278237
Report to moderator
Ytterbium
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 238



View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 06:46:17 PM
 #5402

What sort of hard evidence would satisfy you?
Hashing?
Sure, wait until they're hashing. I'm sure you'll react fast enough to make a profit.
Chip specifications and pictures of working hashing device would be nice with some better chip photos.
I dont give much thought about what they say about hashing. First need to see proof that they developed anything.

That's a reasonable thing to want, but keep in mind their #1 goal is to get hashing first.  So we won't see that kind of evidence before they're hashing.

ShawnP
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 52


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:49:32 PM
 #5403

I just don't see the evidence for a scam.
And I do not see any real evidence that they are not.
See it works both ways.
Bitcycle
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 420


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:57:21 PM
 #5404

I just don't see the evidence for a scam.
And I do not see any real evidence that they are not.
See it works both ways.

It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.

limbaugh
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1302



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:05:30 PM
 #5405


It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.



There is no evidence just hype and your support for LC is purely based on faith. And those that do not share your faith should not be investing? What an arrogant prick.
ShawnP
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 52


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:08:34 PM
 #5406

I just don't see the evidence for a scam.
And I do not see any real evidence that they are not.
See it works both ways.

It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.
Yeah investing in scams is not a thing for me.
Unless they provide enough evidence that they are not.
You got that right.
Mabsark
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 826


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:09:16 PM
 #5407


It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.



There is no evidence just hype and your support for LC is purely based on faith. And those that do not share your faith should not be investing? What an arrogant prick.

If they didn't share that faith that LC wasn't a scam, then why would they even consider investing?
creativex
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 434



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:18:44 PM
 #5408

What's LCs motivation for staying silent and not telling investors any specifics about their progress? It's surely not to protect their their market share as they don't have one yet. It's surely not to protect their technology as their technology is currently well behind what others have. Too busy? That doesn't make sense as they posted something yesterday. Their actions don't make sense and are leading to this information vacuum which is predictably leading to speculation and anxiety.

LC's two posts yesterday were very important and many invested money based on those two fairly generic posts, yet nobody in charge at LC could be bothered to issue a statement on btct.co or even update the OP which hasn't been altered since July 27 31. Their handling of information and management of expectations is at best amateurish.

AngelSky
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Activity: 616



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:24:11 PM
 #5409

Guys, please, instead of talking here, just sell to me everything you have and we'll talk about it in a few days.

       ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
    ▄█▀▀▄▄███████▄▄▀▀█▄
  ▄█▀▄████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀████▄▀█▄
 ▄█ █████▀█ ▄▄▄ █▀█████ █▄
▄█ █████   █████   █████ █▄
█ ██████   ▀███▀   ██████ █
█ ███████         ███████ █
█ ██████   ▄███▄   ██████ █
▀█ █████   █████   █████ █▀

 ▀█ █████▄█ ▀▀▀ █▄█████ █▀
  ▀█▄▀████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄████▀▄█▀

    ▀█▄▄▀▀███████▀▀▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀




 ▄█████████ ███      ███  ▄█████  ▄█████  ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄   ▄█████████ ███       ███
███▀        ███      ███ ███▀    ███▀    ███▀    ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ ███▀        ███       ███
███         ███      ███ ███     ███     ████████████ ███      ███ ███         ███▄     ▄███
███▄        ███▄    ▄███ ███     ███     ███▄         ███      ███ ███▄         ▀███████████
 ▀█████████  ▀████████▀  ███     ███      ▀█████      ███      ███  ▀█████████          ▄███
                                                                                     █████▀
























velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:25:14 PM
 #5410

What's LCs motivation for staying silent and not telling investors any specifics about their progress? It's surely not to protect their their market share as they don't have one yet. It's surely not to protect their technology as their technology is currently well behind what others have. Too busy? That doesn't make sense as they posted something yesterday. Their actions don't make sense and are leading to this information vacuum which is predictably leading to speculation and anxiety.

LC's two posts yesterday were very important and many invested money based on those two fairly generic posts, yet nobody in charge at LC could be bothered to issue a statement on btct.co or even update the OP which hasn't been altered since July 27 31. Their handling of information and management of expectations is at best amateurish.

do you expect a personal phone call every day from the CEO or what?

creativex
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 434



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:27:05 PM
 #5411

What's LCs motivation for staying silent and not telling investors any specifics about their progress? It's surely not to protect their their market share as they don't have one yet. It's surely not to protect their technology as their technology is currently well behind what others have. Too busy? That doesn't make sense as they posted something yesterday. Their actions don't make sense and are leading to this information vacuum which is predictably leading to speculation and anxiety.

LC's two posts yesterday were very important and many invested money based on those two fairly generic posts, yet nobody in charge at LC could be bothered to issue a statement on btct.co or even update the OP which hasn't been altered since July 27 31. Their handling of information and management of expectations is at best amateurish.

do you expect a personal phone call every day from the CEO or what?

No, but it would be nice. Wink

I expected them to do what they said(lock their shares), but they did not. Now I expect them to communicate effectively, but they are not.

PR guy should be fired yesterday. Whatever he's being paid it's too much. They can pick a guy from the crowd and get better results.

Bitcycle
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 420


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:28:12 PM
 #5412

Guys, please, instead of talking here, just sell to me everything you have and we'll talk about it in a few days.

Indeed.
Bitcycle
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 420


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:29:05 PM
 #5413

I just don't see the evidence for a scam.
And I do not see any real evidence that they are not.
See it works both ways.

It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.
Yeah investing in scams is not a thing for me.
Unless they provide enough evidence that they are not.
You got that right.

You're not very good at evaluating risk and would prefer certainty.

There's no shame in that, the vast majority of the population is similar to you.

But this isn't a market you should be in.
velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:30:47 PM
 #5414

Now I expect them to communicate effectively, but they are not.
why do we need daily updates?

creativex
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 434



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:32:23 PM
 #5415

We don't. We need updates that say something specific. We need management to act in good faith.

The crypto investing landscape is littered with the financial corpses of those that have invested "on faith".

The failure to lock their shares or prove they've done so is a big deal even if cheerleaders in this thread want to sweep it under the rug.

Ytterbium
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 238



View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 07:33:39 PM
 #5416

I just don't see the evidence for a scam.
And I do not see any real evidence that they are not.
See it works both ways.

It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.

It does work both ways - the problem is you guys are thinking in black and white here. Either true or false.   In order to figure out what the best course of action is, you need to quantify what you think the various probabilities are.

Let's do another example.  Say in one scenario, call it A you think they'll have 5% of the network, and be priced like AM, and in another case, B, you think Labcoin will be a total failure, no chips, possibly due to being a scam.

So if a 5% network means a 0.084 share price at ASICMiner valuations (2.5x annual dividends, or 40% 'dividend yield')

Now, let's suppose you think there is a 90% chance they are a total scam. , and thus their share price will be 0.

On the other hand you think there is a 10% chance they will get 1% of the network, and their share price will be 0.084

That means to figure out their current share price based on those assumptions, you'd do 0*0.9 + 0.0168*0.1 = 0.0084.  

So with a 90% chance of scam and 10% chance of 5% of the network, their shares would be undervalued by 2.625.

On the other hand, if you think there is a 99% chance they are a scam, and only a 1% chance they'll succeed, then the 'correct' price (in your view) would be only 0.00084, and that their current share price is 3.8x too high.

And again, that's a simplified examples. I am not saying that is what the share price should be

In particular the big question in my mind is what share of the network they'll get. It could be 1% or 10% Or 0.5%. There's also the question of whether or not they'll be able to keep up with network growth. So the price now maybe low because people think they won't be able to get a big chunk of the network, not that they will be total failures.

But the main point I'm trying to make is that these share prices are going to be extremely sensitive to new evidence that changes the probability distribution.  

You see what I'm saying?  If the estimated probability of non-failure in the above example were to go from, say 99% to 90% the price would go up 10x.  On the other hand if the probability of success were 95% it would have to jump to 50% to see a 10x price increase.

However, at this point I would say both Labcoin and ActiveMining are undervalued over the long term.  And traders are switching back and forth trying to guess which one is going to see more information come in.  I think Labcoin is likely to have good information come in much sooner then ActM, so their price will go up sooner.

But, there is no way to predict what's going to happen. I think both stocks are undervalued mainly because there just isn't enough BTC in the system to support a 'proper' valuation, and anyone can make money on both of these stocks, for the moment.

kleeck
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 490



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:36:04 PM
 #5417

What's LCs motivation for staying silent and not telling investors any specifics about their progress? It's surely not to protect their their market share as they don't have one yet. It's surely not to protect their technology as their technology is currently well behind what others have. Too busy? That doesn't make sense as they posted something yesterday. Their actions don't make sense and are leading to this information vacuum which is predictably leading to speculation and anxiety.

LC's two posts yesterday were very important and many invested money based on those two fairly generic posts, yet nobody in charge at LC could be bothered to issue a statement on btct.co or even update the OP which hasn't been altered since July 27 31. Their handling of information and management of expectations is at best amateurish.

do you expect a personal phone call every day from the CEO or what?

I'll tell you what I expect, and what I am waiting for to drop some coin into this security: chip specs. I would actually be invested if it weren't for the latest "news". In five days they are supposed to have 4 TH/s online but they just said a few days ago that the chip specs are not ready for public release. That is extremely suspicious, given the time frame they have announced. They should be assembling devices like mad at this point, why can't they release specs?

I'd like a decent place to net some short term divs, I'm just not sure LC is it... Yet.

Has one of my posts enriched your life? Has it made you feel warm and fuzzy?Tips here! 1KhmwZTDqNDKxm2Fnj9QgnfHgP6g7paqtc
Bitcycle
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 420


View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:38:10 PM
 #5418

I just don't see the evidence for a scam.
And I do not see any real evidence that they are not.
See it works both ways.

It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.

It does work both ways - the problem is you guys are thinking in black and white here. Either true or false.   In order to figure out what the best course of action is, you need to quantify what you think the various probabilities are.


You're wasting your time.  They invest based on the emotions of Fear and Greed,  and they'll get the rewards that go with that strategy.
AngelSky
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Activity: 616



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:42:14 PM
 #5419

I just don't see the evidence for a scam.
And I do not see any real evidence that they are not.
See it works both ways.

It doesn't work both ways.  The fact that you think it does is a good indication that investing in this kind of thing isn't for you.

It does work both ways - the problem is you guys are thinking in black and white here. Either true or false.   In order to figure out what the best course of action is, you need to quantify what you think the various probabilities are.


You're wasting your time.  They invest based on the emotions of Fear and Greed,  and they'll get the rewards that go with that strategy.

You mean like the pdf of nothing from Actvm that made their share price move from 0.0036 to 0.007 ?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

       ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
    ▄█▀▀▄▄███████▄▄▀▀█▄
  ▄█▀▄████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀████▄▀█▄
 ▄█ █████▀█ ▄▄▄ █▀█████ █▄
▄█ █████   █████   █████ █▄
█ ██████   ▀███▀   ██████ █
█ ███████         ███████ █
█ ██████   ▄███▄   ██████ █
▀█ █████   █████   █████ █▀

 ▀█ █████▄█ ▀▀▀ █▄█████ █▀
  ▀█▄▀████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄████▀▄█▀

    ▀█▄▄▀▀███████▀▀▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀




 ▄█████████ ███      ███  ▄█████  ▄█████  ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄   ▄█████████ ███       ███
███▀        ███      ███ ███▀    ███▀    ███▀    ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ ███▀        ███       ███
███         ███      ███ ███     ███     ████████████ ███      ███ ███         ███▄     ▄███
███▄        ███▄    ▄███ ███     ███     ███▄         ███      ███ ███▄         ▀███████████
 ▀█████████  ▀████████▀  ███     ███      ▀█████      ███      ███  ▀█████████          ▄███
                                                                                     █████▀
























creativex
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 434



View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:57:27 PM
 #5420

Don't even get me started on AMC, VMC, ACM, ACTM or whatever ks's ticker is now. I've never bought a share.

I greatly prefer LC, as I think the risk/reward profile at this point is far better, but LC is not doing themselves any favors. If management hasn't sold their shares then keeping their word and offering proof should be a no-brainer. Why has this not happened and why doesn't it seem to bother anyone else?

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 914 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!