Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:49:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
neerv

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 02:35:21 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

A currency is what is accepted as a currency by enough number of people. It's not like the US Dollars or any other nation's currency has any 'intrinsic' value, they are just pieces of paper stamped by the governments as well. The intrinsic value of a currency is always brought on by the economic value generated by the people who are exchanging the currency as a mode of payment and not by the currency itself.

Warren is a smart man, definitely a lot smarter and wiser than me, but anyone needs to put in the time to understand and contemplate before they go about making statements.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sunnyyy

Activity: 118
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:40:46 AM

I think bitcoin is not like a currency. It is like a precious asset. Since btc is currently too high, you can not use it to pay a small amount

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:50:52 AM

Maybe he didn’t consider bitcoin as currency because it is not use and doesn’t know by some people who don’t use internet. But bitcoin is a digital currency since it can be used as medium of exchange or mode of payment by many people of many countries.
godharigod01
Copper Member

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 03:00:01 AM

Bitcoin is internet money, it can also be called virtual currency. Computer Internet By trading it is obtained by trading. The most important thing is that
easily anywhere in the world Can be taken in your wallet and buy anything you need.
Cryptosaphire18

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:31:03 AM

Bitcoin is internet money, it can also be called virtual currency. Computer Internet By trading it is obtained by trading. The most important thing is that
easily anywhere in the world Can be taken in your wallet and buy anything you need.

I agee that Bitcoin is a virtual currency.The prof that we can buy and trade online anywhere in the world that you dont have to bring cash.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:08:57 AM

I think he is a hater of bitcoin who don't like bitcoin.His statements doesn't matter when the fact is that bitcoin is getting stronger day by day and is rising really high

I guess he has a bad experience in bitcoin or he already sold his bitcoin for a long time ago so now he don't have any bitcoin at all and he only say that bitcoin cannot survive for a long time. because if he has bitcoin and he realize that bitcoin still need a development to be a new currency, then he will not say like that and he will give a good advice to new people. I hope that he realize about this and he could learn more about bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:19:41 AM

How can they proved that bitcoin is not currency if the uses of bitcoin is lighter than the sunlight that bitcoin is like money that we can use as payment like what other currency can do. I hope that the person who don't believe in bitcoin will awaken their life on how bitcoin change their life.
logan_herc

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:22:43 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

I really used to believe in bitcoin.
I still do, but its not scaling fast enough.

doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:30:36 AM

Your thoughts?

Many people doesn't  want to use Bitcoin and actually being haters of it. because I think there is a self interest involve here to become founder and build a new currency then they want all people patronizing their new currency as simple as that.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alexandr210774

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:39:25 AM

Your thoughts?
Bitcoin is the first decentralized digital currency. (Crypto currency)
Markzuckertion

Activity: 99

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:48:12 AM

Your thoughts?
I don't think so. Non technological people will hard to understand bitcoin then hate it regardless about the advantages of bitcoin. But as a currency, bitcoin is not better than gold because gold always valuable.

Sasha Lumerin

Activity: 159

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 06:50:39 AM

he is only not to be surprised if suddenly bitcoin is dissappear and it doesn't mean that he won't to buy it if bitcoin still exists for next 20 Years. it is not currency it is Virtual Currency which is the revolution of currency it self

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:52:11 AM

It is too slow to function as a currency now.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:54:55 AM

yes bitcoin is a currency, but some people dont believe that , there are some people who dont believe in bitcoin , maybe they are haters of bitcoin and maybe they dont know what bitcoin is.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:07:22 AM

I think he is a hater of bitcoin who don't like bitcoin.His statements doesn't matter when the fact is that bitcoin is getting stronger day by day and is rising really high
He's an old man that only relies with his financial advisers and investors who are dictating him what to do. I wonder if he really knows what he is saying about bitcoin. If bitcoin isn't a currency then we can't exchange goods nor services through it. But if you'll just type something about bitcoin on search engines then there will be too many of things that you can avail with it, isn't that a currency?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:35:37 AM

I think that it was his opinion against Bitcoin.But we know that Bitcoin is a currency. Even, it is the world's first crypto currency . For that,it is the mother of all crypto.So,we can say without any doubt and surely that,Bitcoin is an international currency. 

siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:40:35 AM

That's his opinion, we value his opinion, he's been thinking hard to think like that. But for me bitcoin is currency, digital currency, virtual or whatever it's called. Bitcoin does not have a definite domicile like any other currency which means bitcoin is the world's virtual currency. If you look at what's happening to the bitcoin at the moment, looking at the bitcoin progress, I'm actually thinking bitcoin can last more than that.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 07:42:51 AM

Your thoughts?

reallIsticallu no, I dont think that bitcoin is a currency yet as it is digitized and only existing in that plane of dimension only. HOwever if we continue to progress in the technological manner the. We can clearly believe that this digiitzed and fake money would actually be needed

Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:48:06 AM

Your thoughts?

I don't know he hates it or not. in essence, he is entitled and has his own judgment. but even I don't care what he says, it will not matter to me personally. because in the concept of knowledge he is nothing more than a man who knows nothing about crypto and bitcoin.
Roberttran

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:48:43 AM

I think bitcoin is a precious asset, like gold or diamond.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: