Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:38:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
washing.machine

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:58:35 PM

He said that Bitcoin is not a currency. It's okay, maybe it's not the currency for him because the currency he uses is just Dollars. Similarly, in my country Indonesia, consider Dollar is not the currency of Indonesia, because the currency in use is the rupiah.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:05:26 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

His thoughts might too illogical for me, or may be just subjective. Bitcoin is a currency based on what I understand from various sources here because it is been used as payment option. May be the person only considers fiat as currency because of the physical aspect and involvement of the government. He might also not appreciate the beauty of decentralization of cryptocurrency.
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:10:30 PM

Actually you can call it a currency because currency is use to buy a item or product its a medium used to access other materials. Bitcoin can be considered as a type of currency in the internet nowadays. Although it has not yet emerged as the official money to any transaction that we made. Bitcoin is a money, and it is used in lots of countries in the world. Since both of the conditions are met, then Bitcoin could be categorized as currency.
However since there is no authority in all of us.
domerosan10

Activity: 192
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:21:46 PM

Yes of course bitcoin is not a currency. Many think the bitcoin is digital gold, and bitcoin is the best asset to invest. So bitcoin is not worth the money.

SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:26:05 PM

FIAT money doesn't carry any monetary value if government call it illegal overnight, in the same way, bitcoin itself will carry no value if the price falls to zero. It will take a lot of time for people to consider it as a currency. More outlets need to stop accepting bitcoin so that people can buy day to day goods with it, only then will people start seeing it as a currency. Otherwise, people are only considering bitcoin as an asset for now. Just like we trade stocks on stock market, in the same way people consider this bitcoin a stock and indulge themselves in trading.
wladsem555

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

It seems to me that bitcoin is a digital virtual currency. It is clear that the classic definition of currency bitcoin may not respond. But we ask the question: when was this definition given? When there was no crypto currency. Now the more urgent issue is the need for legal regulation of bitcoin, its recognition and other crypto-currencies as a virtual digital currency or asset.
anahawjeff21

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:44:42 AM

For me, you can define bitcoin on how you handle it, if you used it in specific transactions, then you can call it as a currency, and if you handle a bitcoin for future purposes, then you can call it as an investment.
Brangos99

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:09:02 PM

Indeed many people assume that bitcoin is not a currency, bitcoin is a decentralized global transaction cash system. But for me bitcoin is the virtual currency used for payment. Bitcoin is also called the crypto currency which is a digital payment tool.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:13:42 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

For what He said about in Bitcoin was just his only opinion and speculation. Then if bitcoin is not true 2009 up to the present why Bitcoin came to this price value if there is no big community who believed the potentiality of bitcoin has.
dubidooh

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:21:22 PM

Your thoughts?

I believe everyone is entitled to have their own perceptions about anything. It seems Warren Buffett doesn't like Bitcoin, it is his opinion after all. Maybe we just have to free ourselves from giving importance to such negativities that others tell about bitcoin and focus on what we really want. We can't just tell what might really happen to Bitcoin in the coming years based to what is happening right now.
cokkapaga
Legendary

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 12:35:41 PM

Bitcoin can be a currency and also can be as an asset or your investment
it's depend on you how to use of bitcoin, I prefer to use bitcoin as the online payment and online investment

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████▄
▄███████████▀    ▀███████████▄
███████████▀        ▀█    ██████
██████████▀                ███████
█████████▀      ▄██▄        ████████
▄███████▀      ▄█▀  ▀█▄      ▀███████▄
██████▀      ▄█▀      ▀█▄      ▀██████
█████▄     ▄█▀    ▄ ▄   ▀█▄     ▄█████
███████▄ ▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄ ▄███████
█████████▀       █   ██     ▀█████████
▀████████        █████       ████████▀
████████        █   ██      ████████
███████       ██████       ███████
██████         ▀ ▀        ██████
▀████                    ████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

Alt.Estate

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████
  TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
firasbc

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:38:54 PM

the crypto-currencies began with bitcoin,this man's speech is not logical at all.
Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:09:56 PM

Everyone is free to say about bitcoin, but most important all bitcoin users feel the great benefits of bitcoin, we already feel a huge profit because of the price increase that happened in the past year, and it's just a matter of time to see the state legalize bitcoin.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:23:22 PM

It is not a currency it is just like a digital goods and just like a gold where in we are using it as an investment, and I don't think that it would be recognize as a currency as time is passing by. Maybe in the future, if all countries would finally adapt it.
Crash21

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:45:14 PM

Why not? Bitcoin have every attribute of fiat currency and even with benefits. I believe that bitcoin would be international currency at some point.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:46:41 PM

for now, bitcoin is not a legitimate money mat. bitcoin is only recognized as a source, because bitcoin is often used as an investment tool. I think that bitcoin is better at making investment tool, because the utility most often done by people is investment.
ICBCOK

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:21:24 PM

My opinion about this new individual, that bitcoin is an investment and  transaction, bitcoin is an easy-to-use digital currency. Because for us bitcoin a bright future, easy to get more profit, according to our society bitcoin is very safe and easy to use in all forms. .
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:51:55 PM

yes various people have different opinions, and I do not really care what he says. yes, most importantly for me, bitcoin can provide an opportunity to improve good living through investment, trade.

Yeah right. All of us have our own different meaning or deffinition to any other things that we see and feel. I also agree that we should never care about other people, on what they are saying. Instead we should only care to our self because we only know what is really good for us. But overall based on my own perspective , i think that bitcoin is really a legit and pure currency because it can also be used as buying. bitcoin can do what fiats can do but fiat cant do what bitcoin can do ( vice versa)
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

Many people in the world do not consider Bitcoin as currency because they do not know anything about Bitcoin, Bitcoin seems to be a scam. But for people who are connected to Bitcoin or who have complete knowledge about Bitcoin, this is a viable currencies. . Bitcoin will become the most used currency in the world in the coming times.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
LinAliza

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:59:56 AM

Bitcoin may not be like our fiat currency since its digital likewise the paypal, gcash, and other digital apps to storing your currencies. But once it is withdrawn to whatever currency you are using then it becomes one.. In my opinion. It's hard to explain to those closed minded people so why bother wasting time explaining to them when they don't even believe. Let them discover it for themselves if they are that interested they will surely find ways. As for us who knows what bitcoin is and have earned throught the years or days lets stick to what we believe in. And do our research study on that matter to prove everything we think it is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: