Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:51:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
tradeviser

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:13:05 AM

Crypto just makes digital currency which everyone uses more secure. bitcoin is the cryptocurrency like a virtual type but completely different from physical money. Bitcoin can be used as a digital currency for online transaction whereas.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:23:31 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
It is his own opinion there are still people who don't accept bitcoin they maybe hate it but let them and don't argue with people who have that kind of mindset .As we know the real truth what is bitcoin.
blocklancer8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:28:41 AM

Maybe you are les learn ini about this bitcoin. If we read in some articles on Google we will know about this bitcoin.

kaasy.ai        Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain                                               Knowledge As A Service +
                        Public ICO is live!        BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW                                         Distributed Infrastructure As A Service
Whitepaper     Telegram     2-Pages Paper     Twitter     Facebook     Discord     BTC ANN          = Plug-and-play skills, on demand
fourtimesprofit

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:38:31 AM

Bitcoin is nt currency we can use daily for daily transactions we should hold bitcoin for long wealthy future Every holder future depend on future holding of bitcoin
malah

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:36:13 PM

I think, bitcoin is currency but in digital and we use it online but we also exchange it in official currency so it will make it easier for us to use it

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:46:42 PM

My opinion about this new individual, that bitcoin is an investment and  transaction, bitcoin is an easy-to-use digital currency.
Because for us bitcoin a bright future, easy to get more profit, according to our society bitcoin is very safe and easy to use in all forms .
Easy to use for international payment , just compare it by yourself with western union, PayPal etc. all of them are too complex, cost much money and takes long time. As long as there's some people who recognize and use Bitcoin as a payment tool then it's clearly a currency.

paypal ,westernt union or any other money remittance is actually fast as bitcoin because ive been using them on the past when bitcoin is not yet popular. they maybe even faster when compared to bitcoin because their transactions does not requires a block confirmation just like on bitcoin. however the only disadvantage on using them is that they requires more personal info. but to answer the op's question , id say bitcoin is a currency because it is called a cryptocurrency or digital currency and it also works just like a regular currency.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 10:52:23 AM

I don't agree on what he said. Bitcoin is around for almost 10 years only. 10 YEARS ONLY. That's too early to say that bitcoin is not qualified as a currency. After all, it's just his opinion. We should just respect it. As for my opinion, I think that bitcoin would be the global currency in the future.
Sonai Moni

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:15:53 AM

Bitcoin is not a currency cause bitcoin is  not a coin it also gold coin. Everyone is busy making their won statement bitcoin is getting stronger and more popular.  Easy  to international payment.  Bitcoin is currency but in digital and we use it online but we aslo exchange it in official currency so it will make it easier for us to use it.
Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:36:22 AM

Of course Bitcoin is a currency and it is universally used. However, there is some availability of it that makes life easier for people to live. Bitcoin is used online because it is easy to deal with. I think people will be encouraged to use Bitcoin in the future.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:37:14 AM

Bitcoin has never been and will never become a currency. There are basic criteria on which is determined by currency. 1. Act as a monetary unit. 2.Used as a means of exchange. 3. They are a means of preserving capital.Bitcoin does not meet all these requirements.Due to the constant fluctuations in the bitcoin exchange rate, it is poorly functioning as a means of exchange.Bitcoin has no nominal value. Because of its volatility, it also does not meet this criterion. Bitcoin as an alternative investment is ideal as a means of preserving capital.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:44:45 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

Yes, the man is a hater not just of Bitcoin but of cryptocurrency in general. And the more unfortunate thing here is that it seems to me that the man is not well-informed about the best features of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not just about Bitcoin itself, or the coin that has earned so huge growths in the history of its existence. It is all about decentralization. Bitcoin is all about blockchain. It is all about anonymity. It is about a form of payment that is what we need in this age of digitalization.
limek

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

Who care? People trade goods and fiat for Bitcoin now. Either it is a currency or asset, it has a value. Many people right now google for Bitcoin, just like people in the past questioning about "what is a Dial-up Modem?" when 3G not even exist yet". This is just a start, I estimate ~2% of world population. Sooner or later, this tech will emerge and trade around the world. It will be used by many people just like you are holding one country fiat.
anahawjeff21

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

For me bitcoin is currency, because i used it in specific transaction that accept bitcoin as payment, thats why many people invest in bitcoin, it has value, in can be used in many transactions.
reynilynedago

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:32:02 PM

Your thoughts?
No, it is indeed a currency. Otherwise it wouldn't be classified as a cryptocurrency right? Bitcoin is a currency but because of its unstable value and certain other reasons, it couldn't serve the purpose. As a matter of fact bitcoin was intended by Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of bitcoin, to be the official currency of the internet. Yet sadly it couldn't serve the purpose it was bestowed with. Let's just hope that someday in the near future this problem would be solved.
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:44:48 PM

Your thoughts?

Everyone has the right to express his opinion, including the person in the youtube video you are watching, and for his statement bitcoin will disappear 10-20 years ahead only a predictor which is not necessarily true. As long as anyone uses bitcoin, bitcoin will survive, even after 20 years.

Cotton Candy

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

Your thoughts?

Bitcoins was been here for almost 10 years and they are still existing so they are now considered as currency? And besides they will not be called as a cryptocurrency if they are not a currency because they can be exchange into real money or directly buy products using them and that thing is also the thing that a currency can do so they can be considered as a digital currency so dont hate.
Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:55:04 PM

Unfortunately as of now because og certaib reasons such as the high volatility rate of bitcoin, and the high fluctuation rates, bitcoin, although originally intended to be the currency of the internet, couldn't be able to perform its main purpose. Which is very saddening when you remember the fact that bitcoin has a bleak future as an asset because of its high volatility rate. I hope someday bitcoin enthusiasts would come up with an effective solution to the said problem.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:57:57 PM

There are a lot of websites out there which are accepting Bitcoin as a mode of payment, such as Overstock and Bitify. So we can say that Bitcoin (and some of the other currencies such as Litecoin and Ethereum) can be classified as a currency.
barabut

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:06:15 PM

As the current situation BTC dominance is around 39% and market cap is around 450mioUSD. The dominance of the btc is decreased yoy calculation but the market cap is increased. In the longer term this would be in same parallel. BTC is no longer a currency it is loosing its power, if it has not develop itself by segwit, LN or any other new technological improvement.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:40:32 PM

Your thoughts?

Maybe right now because of its high value that bitcoin tends to be overlooked as a currency and more of an asset or investment. Most of the time other altcoins fills this role since they have a lower value and much easier to use for transactions but I doubt that bitcoin would be like this forever, I'm sure it would be more stable in the years to come. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: