Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:28:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:28:42 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency, it has been accepted as a currency and is a legitimate, circulated and traded asset in many countries around the world. Some countries have high technology like Japan and Germany.
Bitcoin is also widely used as an efficient and cost-effective payment option.
All of the time that I've been there in bitcoin I thought that bitcoin is a currency, a currency in terms of digital, a currency where you can used but not in a physical way like fiats but it has a value that is more than the value of a real money. And besides bitcoin is now already used in some mode of payments so bitcoin is a currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akuser

Activity: 526
Merit: 100

markaccy.io

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:30:53 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
everyone has their own opinion about bitcoin. some like it, some are not. But for me that's normal, whatever they say about bitcoin, I do not really care. Because for me, bitcoin is a good prospect for the future, and I myself feel the positive impact of dabbling in the bitcoin world, especially in investing.

Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:34:11 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

Maybe before no they are noy a currency but not they are pretty much accepted by a lot of people around the world so they are pretty much can be consider as a currency and they will.not be called as a cryptocurrency if they are really not a currency they are just being upgraded once and do not controlled byba government doesn't mean that they are not a currency anymore. It can buy things and it van be exchange into cash so they are a currency for me but we all have different perspective in such things.
HanaTenun

Activity: 817
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:37:43 PM

Your thoughts?
according to what I am experiencing and know for now bitcoin is currency but digital currency or currencies that apply to crypto trade so for the definition of currency can be fully used transactions in general and free can not be done now

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
spadaccino

Activity: 183
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 01:40:59 PM

Seriously ?
How many times I have read in treats like this.
Think about your coin you have in your physical wallet right now.

What give them value ?
You like your community is the ONLY answer.

And your Goverment call it currency because they recognise it as " official " and can be trade with others in traditional market.

Let's make an example:
What If I need a bottle of milk and you have a cow. Would you give that for free ? Of course not, unless you are a Hare Krishna - so we have to find something to exchange. It could be my hours of work in your fields or something else like for example I can make a cup of tea or whatever.

Money like we used to think are just a easy method to exchange some goods - but we see now that is not the only option
safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:55:52 PM

Your thoughts?

Do not panic, it's just a prediction that is not necessarily true, and do not believe it too much. Bitcoin is a strong crypto coin and that adopts bitcoin is also very much, and it makes bitcoin can survive.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:08:03 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency, it has been accepted as a currency and is a legitimate, circulated and traded asset in many countries around the world. Some countries have high technology like Japan and Germany.
Bitcoin is also widely used as an efficient and cost-effective payment option.
yes, many of the people now uses it, and it is already legalized in some countries as one of their currency, literally bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and we can trade using it , we can also exchange it as our own currency, so therefore i treat it like our own currency, many people always mistaken it and have a problem with it, as long as it has a value we can conclude that this one is a currency.
Procopiogamscrypto

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:20:41 PM

Your thoughts?
  that was his opinion I think, and maybe it's true because, in my own understanding, a currency should be used in all monetary aspects such mode of payments that accepted on all business establishments, as long that mass adoption has not been realized, bitcoin will never be a currency.
pletnevihor

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:17:25 PM

The bitcoin consists of a string of letters and numbers, called a public key. This public key is a bitcoin address that you can share with others
EEEian

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:20:57 PM

I think the correct use for bitcoin besides HODL is to exchange it for alts when you do want to make smaller transactions.I have recently been swapping to LTC before the recent spike because of its stability and quick processing time.
northcoin2018

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:25:33 PM

Your thoughts?

I know buffet won't be here in 20 years
He's like 100 now

Crypto will be the global currency

Crypto has moved into big corporations with eth

Every major bank has crypto divisions trying to create their coin

Currency is obsolete

It's all digital now

Most get direct deposit digital credits

Most pay bills with auto digits

Crypto just makes digital currency which everyone uses more secure

Old digital currencies tied to Fiat

Early crypto valued in Fiat

The eventual winner will be a global crypto valued in crypto

U see it now, new crypto is valued in fractions of what?

BTC

So Bitcoin is now what 800 billion in crypto assets is valued in

As soon as all these new coins started to be valued against BTC it proved buffet wrong

Fiat is the dinosaur
Let him make his own speculations. We know that nobody can predict what will really happens in the future but for now I can say that bitcoin is indeed making impacts all over the world and those who are threatened by it's presence will surely make wild predictions just to stop bitcoins popularity.
U20

Activity: 546
Merit: 103

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:27:24 PM

I think Bitcoin and other crypto currencies are still very new. there is a lot of speculations and negative opinion about it. So I'm sure that people will be valued even more when they understand its fundamentals and logic.

Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:32:20 PM

Warren Buffett has already admitted that he do not understand potential of modern technologies and he can not predict their future, like he thought that Facebook is unsuccessful startup, so don`t mind about his words
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:51:13 PM

Your thoughts?

"bitcoin is not currency", "bitcoin is bubble", and many more such statements are spread on the internet and mass media. but, I think, bitcoin holders are indifferent to statements  someone like Warrent buffett.

I think, they (someone like warrent buffett) just try to spread fear to the community. maybe, actually he do not fully understand about bitcoin.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:03:27 PM

For your information,bitcoi had step into 9th year now.Do you think,it will no more in a decade.Not at all.Now bitcoin is used as a
one of the currency in many G-20 countries.I think bitcoin was legal in 15 countries of G-20 countries.
Bitcoin is the both currency and asset now.Many people had start to inverse in bitcoin as an asset.
Miraz69
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:37:18 PM

Bitcoin has already become a popular medium of exchange, and in some places started trading  commodities by this. In this case, Bitcoin can be considered as a type of currency. Although it has not yet emerged as the official currency.
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:32:04 PM

This old man is talking too much and didn't intended to talk like that, obviously he cannot point out Any factors why he said bitcoin is not a currency while in fact Currency means to facilitate transactions. Bitcoin is a currency because bitcoin is making any transactions easy and easier than fiat currency. Bitcoin is making transactions safe and effortless.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:51:24 PM

from the beginning of bitcoin making is designed to be a currency, you can use it as a tool to transact, but nowadays most people use it as an asset to invest than make it as currency, there may be some factors that cause bitcoin better used as investment as the price is quite volatile where bitcoin prices tend to change quickly so that many people are looking for profits from the price changes
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:31:16 AM

maybe that's just his opinion we never know the next few years about what will happen because change always happens at any time.bitcoin as currency or not it depends on the person itself, if bitcoin as a means of payment then it is called a currency
Different people using them with different purposes. Some are taking them as asset and start investing in them. And some legends are there who are continuously using them in payment methods and thus they become currency. So yes you are right. It basically depends on the person how he is taking these amazing coins. But majority is now, considering them as an asset not a currency.
Hitesh Ohri

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:07:44 AM

in simple words bitcoins is not a currency but it is a form of investment which can be converted into cash anytime at the time of need..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: