Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
Dervish doff

Activity: 1134
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:00:54 PM

a very interesting discussion to predict the bitcoin travel phase in the future. In the past, our ancestors used the barter system of goods with goods in transactions, then born a system of payment of precious metal transactions with goods and it persisted several phases. After the loss of metal transactions, paper money is born like we do today, and then emerging payment system with virtual currency that almost replace the paper currency, so it is possible that bitcoin will grow in the world. I predict the bitcoin will disappear from the face of the earth and we will return again to the barter system. So in essence, bitcoin is not likely to be lost from circulation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cullen533

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

I think Bitcoin will not be abolished. Because now, looking at the technology, it is understood that Bitcoins future is bright. Those who talk about Bitcoin's death, they don't know anything about Bitcoin. I don't know what happens after 10-20 years. But Bitcoin's popularity Bitcoin is a coin, which exists online only.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:51:07 PM

everybody has their own opinion, and for me bitcoin is a digital currency which of course is different from official currency, we can only use bitcoin online and not all places can accept bitcoin

Many people say bitcoin and other crypto currencies are not considered as a currency but it is fake bitcoin will continue to make records and records continuesly so my opinion is bitcoin is a global currency .
check_it_out

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:01:06 PM

Based on dictionary, a currency is "a system of money in general use in a particular country."

Bitcoin is a money, and it is used in lots of countries.
Since both of the conditions are met, then Bitcoin could be categorized as currency.
However since there is no authority in charge, and all it used is blockchain technology, then we call it "cryptocurrency"

Conclusion : Yes, bitcoin is a currency
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:07:43 PM

Representatives of the central bank of South Korea said that they can not recognize bitcoin and other digital assets as a means of payment. This is written by Bitcoin.com.

The statement was made shortly after the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea held a parliamentary audit of the country's central bank. When asked about the expediency of regulating the sphere of crypto-currency, representatives of the central bank stated the following:

"This [crypto currency] is subject to regulation, since it is regarded as a commodity. This is not regulation at the level of money ... At present, the Bank of Korea does not need to take any action. "

Representatives of the regulator also noted that digital currencies are likely to be considered only as a tool for interbank settlements and internal operations of the Bank of Korea.

Among other things, some representatives of the National Assembly from among the deputies from the South Korean Democratic Party noted that according to the results of the audit of the central bank, "bad conclusions" were made. In particular, the member of the Committee on Financial and Economic Planning, Son Yong Gil, criticized the bank's leadership for the lack of research in the field of digital currencies, including bitcoin and Ethereum.

"In Korea, there are more than a thousand companies that presumably use bitcoin. However, in the data submitted by [the Bank of Korea], completely different figures are indicated, - he noted. - Virtual currencies and blocking are important areas of research. If you neglect them, then, most likely, you will lose this market in the future. "
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

people like Warren Buffet are not experts in technology field including bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. what they are experts in is finances, investment and stuff like that. which means everything they say, they are saying according to their expertise.

this means when Warren Buffet or the likes of him are talking about bitcoin, they have invested in it or want to buy in the dip or want it to go up so they make profit when they talk positively like John McAfee.
but they still have little understanding of bitcoin, even if they are supporting it.

I strongly agree on your opinion that, people like Warren Buffet are not experts in technology field including bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and what they are experts in is finances, investment and stuff like that. And adding also my opinion that, buffett would be alive after twenty years, but bitcoin would still exist, bitcoin has proved its potential already and it is no more in need of any one's certification. And some praise bitcoin while some other predict that bitcoin would die. In addition, he saw bitcoins that way and his thoughts were that but most of the bitcoiners won't trust/follow it.
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".
Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.
Your thoughts?

Some guys like Mr. Buffet think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is not a currency in itself. His explanation of such point of view rely on the situation that crypto is not wide accepted enough. But this is not an argument on my mind.
NotAtOld

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:25:48 PM

Bitcoin has already become a popular medium of exchange, and in some places started trading  commodities by this. In this case, Bitcoin can be considered as a type of currency. Although it has not yet emerged as the official currency.
Gufeng

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:29:33 PM

I think this is individual opinion for each who WILL thinking about that, but it is very simple to use digital currency
thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:07:07 PM

actually maybe not as we are used to understand, but it is still a tool of payment and recieving payments. We can still buy and sell for it.
doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:46:01 AM

I think bitcoin is a currency. I use it as an currency dor transaction of money. Many may use it as an asset but I prefer to use it as currency.
The value of bitcoin goes ups and downs very fast. So, many gamble in it. When the price is low they buy bitcoin and when the price becomes high then they sell them. But I think to make bitcoin and all the crypto currency as a global currency we all must use it not as an asset but as a currency.

cokkapaga
Legendary

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:57:35 AM

Based on bitcoin is an asset like commodity, bitcoin is digital commodity and also can be a currency for the online payments
So, it depends on you how to use of bitcoin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████▄
▄███████████▀    ▀███████████▄
███████████▀        ▀█    ██████
██████████▀                ███████
█████████▀      ▄██▄        ████████
▄███████▀      ▄█▀  ▀█▄      ▀███████▄
██████▀      ▄█▀      ▀█▄      ▀██████
█████▄     ▄█▀    ▄ ▄   ▀█▄     ▄█████
███████▄ ▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄ ▄███████
█████████▀       █   ██     ▀█████████
▀████████        █████       ████████▀
████████        █   ██      ████████
███████       ██████       ███████
██████         ▀ ▀        ██████
▀████                    ████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

Alt.Estate

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████
  TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:01:39 AM

By definition, he may probably be right. But, with things changing so fast day by day, especially in this technological era, we can't say for sure that bitcoin won't become a currency.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:04:15 AM

It is clear that under the classical definition of currency bitcoin is not suitable, because when such a definition was written, the crypto currency was not yet in existence. While we should not pay too much attention to this question. The main thing for us now is that bitcoins and other crypto-currencies should be recognized as legal tender. After a while, the concept of currency can be changed already under the definition of a crypto currency.

Roxyy

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:08:01 AM

Bitcoin is a electric data. No people can use it physically. They have to use it at online if they wants to deal with this coin. There is no genuine certificate has been given by any government to this coin so that we can not take it as a legal currency. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and there is no any type of legal documents about this coin by any government as well even some government have banned his coin in their country. If you want to deal with this coin then you have to take the decision with your own responsibility.
malah

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:13:27 AM

I think bitcon can be said as currency because we can use it to buy something but we can only use it online so in need of internet, so bitcoin is digital currency

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
TYPEcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

Cryptocurrency make digital payments and money for everyone more secure than it usually is by using blockchaing technology in it
david tex

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:05:55 PM

Bitcoin has already become a popular medium of exchange, and in some places started trading  commodities by this. In this case, Bitcoin can be considered as a type of currency. Although it has not yet emerged as the official currency.
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:06:47 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?
His talk means nothing, he just the old man who don't like bitcoin, don't care about him. We'll see what will happen in next few years
yeah, he is just a old hag who doesn't want change. the definition of currency is no different in the di definition of online currency. Anyway, as long as bitcoin continue to exist, a change in the currency can be observe in the future.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:12:10 PM

Your thoughts?
First, he’s very right by saying that Bitcoin is not a currency, it’s not a currency and can’t be one for any country. Bitcoin is just an asset, and I believe the main purpose is to be used as an investment just like we do with Gold. But where I don’t support him is where he said that Bitcoin won’t be around in the next 10 or 20 years, that’s a lie… I’m not in support of that. I’m very sure that Bitcoin will be around for a very long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: