Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:39:14 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

It is not classic currency, and this do not mean that it is bed, it differs and this fact is the value of the bitcoin.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
endogan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:53:34 AM

I think he is still lacking knowledge of bitcoin, now bitcoin is very much developed and many countries have legalized bitcoin. now bitcoin has a lot of devotees, and they believe bitcoin is a valuable asset for now as well as for the future.

Marucya

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:50:56 AM

At present, in classical terms, bitcoin has not acquired all the qualities of currency. So far, bitcoin is a speculative asset. To become a currency, bitcoin should be legalized by all countries and legally defined.
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:03:07 AM

The bitcoin software is still in the beta stage, and many features are still being developed. Still developing new tools, options and services that will make bitcoin even safer and more convenient, not yet ready for use. Most of the bitcoin-related companies are still at an early stage of development, and offer no guarantees. In general, bitcoin is still in the process of becoming and has not acquired all the qualities of the currency.
Gulayman

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:07:08 AM

The one said that Bitcoin is not a currency and it is a asset. And the benefit of using bitcoin would be to eliminate the hassle of exchanging currencies and clearing the money through banks.
RAMSHIVDEEPAK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:12:18 AM

What is currency ? There are some properties of currency that is decided by the government.Right now gov. is not able to adopt Bitcoin.Once it will univerasally adopted,then it will become currency automatically.
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:18:19 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that can be withdrawn into real real money, and if it can be withdrawn, it means that it's a currency
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:20:23 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

There are some characteristics of currency, and it have some specific features and of course crypto differs from it, and I am not surprised, as it is normal. It is specific type of currency.

Rony24h7

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:28:41 PM

Bitcoin is a electric data. No people can use it physically. They have to use it at online if they wants to deal with this coin. There is no genuine certificate has been given by any government to this coin so that we can not take it as a legal currency. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and there is no any type of legal documents about this coin by any government as well even some government have banned his coin in their country. If you want to deal with this coin then you have to take the decision with yourown responsibility. Currency is a genuine system for all time but this is not a coin which is related with government authority .
ALI AKBAR

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:09:35 AM

Each has it's own opinion about the Bitcoin. Some one likes it and nobody is sure about it. So Warren is a person others do not like the idea of enriching ideas. He does not struggle but those who work on this project get money. This is a coin that is not used on an investment only.
DifferentAstronomer

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:14:07 AM

Following.
Nexjr14

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:20:28 AM

Your thoughts?
I think this is wrong. When we can use Bitcoin as a method of payment, then Bitcoin is the currency. The only bitcoin can be a way of investing, with the price fluctuating. So, tell them that bitcoin is the digital currency used by the world community.
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:48:03 AM

Your thoughts?
yes indeed according to some people bitcoin as a currency but I agree with what he said. I think bitcoin is a tool that uses blockchain technology with a virtual form so because of its benefits as a means of money transfer or purchase altcoin many people call it as currency. Smiley
svetochka.yakovleva.93

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:52:48 PM

Bitcoin is just a currency only digital that carries a transfer to the national currency, you can translate it into anything.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:12:09 PM

Bitcoin is absolutely not a currency... although people can use it like it was, in some ways.

Bitcoin is three things:
1. An Internet/electronically transferred digit/number system;
2. A record of all such transfers (blockchain);
3. Encryption of the above.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:14:39 PM

Every person have different opinion about bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, and i think he is just telling what he thinks about bitcoin based on his observations. We cant do anything about that, because thats his thoughts. Yes, he is right that bitcoin is not a currency. In fact, it is not recognized by bank as currency, however, it has characteristics that are the same with currency such as divisibility, transferability, durability, and scarcity. Bitcoin is already existing for 9 years now, and i think it will still exist in the future due to its wider adoptation. It will only die if no one will use or invest on it.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:08:55 AM

truly for sure as indicated by a few people bitcoin as a money yet I concur with what he said. I think bitcoin is an instrument that utilizations blockchain innovation with a virtual frame so in view of its advantages as a methods for cash exchange or buy altcoin numerous individuals call it as money.
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:30:13 AM

Your thoughts?

Well the man has a point that bitcoin could not be a currency and a lot of people holding bitcoin treated it as an asset and never use it for purchase because of some reasons. But saying that it will not be around in 10-20 years, I think he is mistaken. Bitcoin could even be more expensive by that time since a lot of people are already getting involved in cryptocurrency. If it didn't die before when it was not popular, I doubt it will happen now when it has so many supporters already.
shkon5

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:43:51 AM

Many person looks bitcoin as an currency, it is be an money and rich for your. But indeed, bitcoin is bring and new range, it is open of new time, take in to blockchain, so i think it is more important bitcoin is not a currency, it is an  represent of new technical in encrypt currency. So it is constitutor of the rule of encrype payment, it is an revolution. Now it is not just in currency, in many area is using blockchain technical.

In countless myths of wealth creation, bitcoin is probably the most legendary. Now Bitcoin users have been replaced by capital operators. Capital has changed the nature of bitcoin, and now bitcoin is becoming more and more like traditional currency.
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:47:26 AM

Your thoughts?
Bitcoin is a currency and also a property of those who own it. I think many people are investing in Bitcoin just to get a bit of time and money. Long-term investment, this does not affect Bitcoin much, but these currencies need more supply, so I think it is necessary to invest in long-term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: