Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:34:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:18:47 PM

people in the world have their own opinion, maybe they think that bitcoin is not good and will gone after 10 and 20 years, maybe it will come true if the new platform in digital currency has better facilites and has better security, or maybe bitcoin will change the network system into the good one and bitcoin will not gone in 10 - 20 years to go

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:55:15 PM

Why it is not a currency when you can buy goods and services out of it? Exchange it to fiat and and have it stored in your bank account? The only difference is that bitcoin is a digital form of currency.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
bitcoinminer45678

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:02:47 PM

Bitcoin is a currency, a cryptocurrency were only exist in computer and could buy any item online. I think the difference between the currency and the crypto one is the currency has a value and an actual visualization while the crypto is also has a value and but without actual visualiziation. But still the VALUE is indicated, bitcoin is a currency.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:06:14 PM

many people think about bitcoin, some make bitcoin a popular medium of exchange, and in some places start trading commodities with this. And some make bitcoin as digital gold.
oracleongoodbye

Activity: 623
Merit: 362

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

The bitcoin software is still in the beta stage, and many features are still being developed. Still developing new tools, options and services that will make bitcoin even safer and more convenient, not yet ready for use. Most of the bitcoin-related companies are still at an early stage of development, and offer no guarantees. In general, bitcoin is still in the process of becoming and has not acquired all the qualities of the currency.
Joushi

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:30:08 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?
If bitcoin is not currency then what is it? Smiley
ardibimbim

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:41:24 PM

I think he is not a bitcoin hater, but he is a part of people who do not have a deep knowledge of bitcoin, bitcoin development and do not believe in the prospect of bitcoin supported by the development of world technology today.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:44:16 PM

He's probably right. In order for bitcoins to be dubbed as a currency, in my opinion, it must be stable in pricing, have an enormous supply, and is accessible to anyone, even the poor. We can't have bitcoins yet it places not connected to the internet heck even electricity.

Nanknink boy

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:58:30 PM

I think he is not a bitcoin hater, he is a person who does not keep up with the evolving technological developments and will be something that will be used in the future, of course that's only a small part because there are a lot of great and influential people out there who support the existence bitcoin.
Dangdingdongbray

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:18:58 PM

Menurut pendapat saya, pembenci bitcoin selalu berpikir negatif tentang pengembangan bitcoin, dan mereka semua dipengaruhi oleh berita negatif tentang bitcoin, sedangkan banyak orang pintar di dunia mendukung penggunaan bitcoin.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:21:42 PM

Bitcoin can be considered as a currency since it can be converted to fiat. Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is a technological advancement in terms of money. Bitcoin had been a convenience to any one, even in businesses. Some businesses are even starting to integrate block chain in their business system.
bitcoinminer45678

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:23:19 PM

Everyone has an assumption about Bitcoin and some days they like it and some of them are not sure if the buffett will live after twenty years. But Bitcoin will still exist and will shine for the future has proven its potential and no longer requires certification of someone praising Bitcoin. Predicting that bitcoin will die.
Bitcoin is experiencing a huge load on its network. The transactions aren't as cheap as they used to be but it is also due to massive increase in Bitcoin price. Some people treat Bitcoin like a non-physical gold which will replace the real one. Fortunately, it might change after introducing the Lightning Network which will definitely lower the transaction fees and make Bitcoin widely accepted. Bitcoin is a currency.
bidadari22_

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:25:23 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is a currency, but its operations require some infrastructure like the internet, cellular wallets, etc. This arrangement is not possible in all countries, even in all parts of the country. It has limited bicoin as currency. Because supply is limited and demand is rising, bitcoin prices are rising rapidly, as more and more investors are becoming increasingly interested and making it a popular investment mode, so it seems to me.
nesis67

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:36:46 PM

we have diversity of thinking and the opinion of one may lead to hoax or success. I doubt when he said, bitcoin will just exist 10 to 20 years. How he would know it? Is he a foreteller or storyteller? We could not guess the future based on what is happening right now but the point is, we must appreciate every second that bitcoin exist and helps the people to rise up from poverty.his opinion is very unreasonable, as many major state countries that support the use of bitcoin and influential people in the world also support bitcoin.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:40:15 PM

For me, bitcoin is a currency but in forms of digital. We all know that you can use bitcoin to buy some things that you want or need. Also, there are some companies are now accepting bitcoin as payment and the popularity of bitcoin is now growing. Yes, you can say that bitcoin is not a currency because of most of its users use it as an asset, and I agree to them because you can earn money with the support of bitcoin or cryptocurrency. We all know that you can gain bitcoin in many different ways. Just don’t forget that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and not a real and legal currency. Smiley
robynmario

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:47:38 PM

If you talk about monetary concepts and define them according to the rules of currency existence. Bitcoin is obviously not true to that concept. However, with high value and from an economic point of view, with particularity may become the future payment method and be exchanged like the essence of USD, UERO ... it can be defined as currency.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:24:29 PM

Bitcoin, of course, is not a currency. Most of the national money is also not a currency. Bitcoin is officially recognized as a payment instrument only in some countries. In my opinion, I never met anywhere that any country recognized its currency. If ever it is recognized as a currency, it will not be soon. Now the crypto currency has more significant problems than this one.

BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:29:50 PM

That can be called as the currency can be recognized by the state and the state has claimed if it is the currency in their country. That's not the case in bitcoin, bitcoin is just a digital currency and is not protected by any country. So obviously I think bitcoin is not a currency either.
emelyanova

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:32:29 PM

Your thoughts?

Will Warren Buffet be around in 10-20 years ? Coming back to bitcoins , it has already survived for last 8 years and that is enough to shut up the haters.
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:36:26 PM

Maybe he is a hater of Bitcoin. but I'm not sure about it .so I don't want to talk about this. but as far as I know Bitcoin is a digital currency. it can also be defined as Global currency. it can be used through the help of internet .actually it is an online currency. Maybe it can be used in offline too. We can buy things by Bitcoin .we can trade Bitcoin ,invest in Bitcoin. so where's the doubt comes that Bitcoin is not a currency ??then what is it which is helping us in doing different activities?? it's just like cash but it's actually not cash. it's better than cash.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: