Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
mackenzie5

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:16:41 PM

Bitcoin is  not a currency but an electronic asset. It is the first cryptocurrency started to the year 2009. Bitcoin has some positive features because of that it has popularized widely in the public.More people are attracted to it and has acquired the investors confidence .its  market capital is very huge sum and the volume of daily traded value also very high .Bitcoin is useful  for shopping things world wide.Very shortly it will become a global currency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loveaaronbaby

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:53:21 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
Some people said a few years ago that bitcoin would soon die, but it still lives. So we don't have to pay attention to what these people say, we should stick to our point of view, and don't give up your opinion because people don't agree with you.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:22:44 PM

Bitcoin is digital currency. So it any where to use the bitcoin. It not other currency. Bitcoin price is any time to change and any where to use. It change the people life and people learn more information from bitcoin. Time is important for this process. So people save the bitcoin and invest long time. bitcoin helpful for your future. It good opportunity for improve you knowledge. It connect the other country people. So you get more information.
guljabeen05

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:26:23 PM

bitcoin is a cryptocurrency its same like debit or credit card
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:27:56 PM

Bitcoin is  not a currency but an electronic asset. It is the first cryptocurrency started to the year 2009. Bitcoin has some positive features because of that it has popularized widely in the public.More people are attracted to it and has acquired the investors confidence .its  market capital is very huge sum and the volume of daily traded value also very high .Bitcoin is useful  for shopping things world wide.Very shortly it will become a global currency
After several years have passed, rather than as a means of payment, bitcoin is more effective to serve as an asset. The prices are volatile and tend to rise very effectively for long-term investments. High transaction fee, making bitcoin is not effective for micropayment.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Btcepoy11

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:38:52 PM

Why they use bitcoin as a payment if it is not a currency? Bitcoin is a currency or shall we say, bitcoin is morethan a currency. Bitcoin  is a digital curenccy, bitcoin is also an investment. Why we should say bitcoin is a currency, because we use it as a payment system. We use bitcoin for paying bills, use in merchant transaction, and also in remittance centers. Bitcoin is a universal curenccy, because it is decentralized and used it all over the world.
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:05:04 PM

The oracle of Omaha is entitled to his opinion and i am not in anyway contesting his remark, but every wise and digitally informed fellow will know that  there is much to be gained in investing in the crypto world
rudito

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:15:59 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

I think it's just false news that I'm not sure about, I think the bitcoin will survive and the future will be more popular than it is today, and bitcoin will remain the top choice for investment.
Dobmader

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:24:58 PM

depending on our opinion, bitcoin digital currency. but it is not yet officially a daily currency. because with bitcoin we can spend and invest. and the selling price is high
It is not a currency but a digital currency and in future it will be the only single currency in the whole world. Looking into its features and development projects then Bitcoin is outstanding if look into this area. Touching Bitcoin is not possible but it is possible to buy anything with that and then you will come to know that these digits have a lot of power.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:34:27 PM

Your thoughts?
I don’t think so he said anything wrong in this. It’s true that Bitcoin is not a currency; rather it is a digital asset. The transaction time, energy inefficiencies in Bitcoin mining are some of the major challenges that prevent Bitcoin from becoming a currency. And Bitcoin will definitely be alive after 20 years, as it has already proved its potential.
Redcloudzz

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:50:46 PM

Your thoughts?

I know buffet won't be here in 20 years
He's like 100 now

Crypto will be the global currency

Crypto has moved into big corporations with eth

Every major bank has crypto divisions trying to create their coin

Currency is obsolete

It's all digital now

Most get direct deposit digital credits

Most pay bills with auto digits

Crypto just makes digital currency which everyone uses more secure

Old digital currencies tied to Fiat

Early crypto valued in Fiat

The eventual winner will be a global crypto valued in crypto

U see it now, new crypto is valued in fractions of what?

BTC

So Bitcoin is now what 800 billion in crypto assets is valued in

As soon as all these new coins started to be valued against BTC it proved buffet wrong

Fiat is the dinosaur

Bitcoin is new online digital currency. It is a peer to peer electronic system with a decentralized currency. You can use Bitcoin in any transaction and some stores are accepting Bitcoin as payments. Users can transfer bitcoin over the network and use it as payments. Bitcoin in a sense is the perfect form of money for internet because it is fast, secure and borderless.
Redcloudzz

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:03:00 PM

Many person looks bitcoin as an currency, it is be an money and rich for your. But indeed, bitcoin is bring and new range, it is open of new time, take in to blockchain, so i think it is more important bitcoin is not a currency, it is an  represent of new technical in encrypt currency. So it is constitutor of the rule of encrype payment, it is an revolution. Now it is not just in currency, in many area is using blockchain technical.

Bitcoin is one of the most popular cyrptocurrencies, a decentralized digital currency. One thing is definite, Bitcoin has a great store of value, good medium of exchange. Bitcoin is just a block data on the blockchain. It's something we store as an asset. it will never be a mainstream currency but a good investment.
kasemin

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

Everyone has an assumption about Bitcoin and some days they like it and some of them are not sure if the buffett will live after twenty years. But Bitcoin will still exist and will shine for the future has proven its potential and no longer requires certification of someone praising Bitcoin. Predicting that bitcoin will die.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 01:50:49 PM

Yes, now still bitcoin can not be considered a currency. Not every successful national currency is considered a currency. Currency is considered to be a means of payment, which acts as such at the international level and is used for financial settlements between states. The currency includes the ruble, dollar, euro. Can bitcoin be considered a currency in this respect? Obviously not. The fact that bitcoin spreads through the Internet all over the world does not yet mean its currency status. And if you look more closely at the definition of the currency, while bitcoin in general, even in theory, can not be closely regarded as a currency, because under this definition it does not fall perfectly.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
rhea1715

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:56:01 PM

How come that a bitcoin can't still be considered a currency if other big countries accept it as a payment on their establishments? Maybe tis person who said that bitcoin haven't reached the standard of a currency yet, are one of those who aren't open to changes that are happening in this generation.

BITMILLEX     █▐    MOST SECURE, MOST COMPLETE EXCHANGE   
[ Trade, Earn, Invest ]
snekinmyleg

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:57:34 PM

Your thoughts?
I think Bitcoin is more of a commodity than a currency. You use currency to buy Bitcoin on the exchange and then sell Bitcoin to get back the currency. As I see Bitcoin is more like gold than currency
vionas

Activity: 261

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:58:19 PM

Your thoughts?

I think that's not true, a lot of say bitcoin will not last, but until now bitcoin can still survive. Bitcoin will be a currency as well as a good investment option.
maximkretov

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 02:01:23 PM

I think the biggest problem is lack of understanding. Understanding is much more than it was a few years ago, but still not enough. I believe that any new technologies do not need to be regulated right at the start. You need to first till the end to understand them. For example, to understand that the ICO, the release of tokens — it's not just the creation of some speculative tool.
Suffoc8

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:04:51 PM

Your thoughts?
Just like what the other said, the man in the video didnt understand what it bitcoin really is. He have an idea, but I think its knowledge about bitcoin is still limited so we cant say that he is a hater or not because he is just sharing his idea.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X          [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Agathai

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:11:16 PM

Your thoughts?
I think, in essence, bitcoin obviously has not achieved perfection and accuracy with the concept of currency. However, according to trade and economic regulations. Bitcoin is a digital currency that has the same conversion and exchange value as conventional currencies. In addition, bitcoin is gradually being accepted from the dealer accepting it as the payment method. In the near future, bitcoin will prove to be the most popular and most valuable digital currency. It is even more convenient and efficient than conventional currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: