Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
Spades77

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:47:24 PM

In my opinion, he is not a hater but this man is just don't fully understand what Bitcoin is and how it has changed a lot of people's lives. Yes he is popular and has great influence but then he cannot change the fact that Bitcoin can change lives and it will continue to do so whether he believes in it or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Agamemnus

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:53:23 PM

It is a currency but lacks some criteria of other currencies. Lacking some criteria doesn't make you any less human or anything, you're just a different kind of currency human

It's not just a currency, it's a great one and more than a currency.

DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:56:58 PM

Bitcoin is not a currency, and many countries issue it, and it isn't considered money. You can not use it to buy items in stores or at grocery stores. It can not be used to pay rent, electricity or water bills. So I think it is not a currency.

lautantepi

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:34:19 PM

Everyone has their own opinion about bitcoin and some of them love it and some of them are not sure about it. So most likely Warren is one of those men who do not like the idea of bitcoin to make others become able to meet his economic needs, but now everyone can get as much money as possible if working well in this project.
usam_coiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:31:42 PM

Bitcoin is not a currency, and many countries issue it, and it isn't considered money. You can not use it to buy items in stores or at grocery stores. It can not be used to pay rent, electricity or water bills. So I think it is not a currency.

I disagree with you I think bitcoin is a currency people earn online and it make transaction easily people use it and invest in it and it changes life of many people and it is more than a currency. and it will be global coin soon and i am sure bitcoin will bring good days soon.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:36:20 PM

I disagree with you I think bitcoin is a currency people earn online and it make transaction easily people use it and invest in it and it changes life of many people and it is more than a currency. and it will be global coin soon and i am sure bitcoin will bring good days soon.
Yes Bitcoin is now very easy to use and many countries have started receiving Bitcoin as a payment medium. In fact there are already some big companies that have received Bitcoin, that is the main reason to explain that Bitcoin has started to be accepted and is currently in the process of socialization to be used in a much wider amount. Even the current online transaction sector has mentioned that Bitcoin is one of the rising star that can disturb the power of paypal and credit cards.
LastRolling

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:39:50 PM

Some people don't believe in bitcoin because they don't even try yet to play in bitcoin. They did not aware what bitcoin is and at the same time they don't know the value of it.
They did not experience yet to win or to get an income to it. They don't even try to discover the power of bitcoin.
JanuaryStars

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

Anyone is entitled to their own opinions and how they perceive bitcoin. Some love it and some may not, and some are unsure. Just like any other polls, opinion vary greatly. So maybe this warren fellow is one of those that does not like bitcoin, and does not like people getting profit out of it, or he can have any other reasons  but bottomline is he don't like it.
On the other hand, countries also have their different perspective about it, other see it as property while others as currency in the digital world.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:28:05 PM

For me bitcoin is currency, because i used it in specific transaction that accept bitcoin as payment, thats why many people invest in bitcoin, it has value, in can be used in many transactions.
It can be use as both as the currency and the asset you are right people use to invest in bitcoin for online shopping and the payment for it, now a lot of super markets are accepting bitcoin they are going to make bitcoin as regular currency after a few years so people are investing now and it will be very good for them in future when bitcoin will be acceptable everywhere and it will be more valuable as a currency and as saving for the future.
melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:30:34 PM

Davos is clear on bitcoin: It's an interesting investment, but please don't call it a currency.
Bitcoin's volatile ascent has transformed it from a tech industry curiosity to a major topic of discussion at this year's World Economic Forum.

Yet the consensus in Davos, Switzerland, is that bitcoin will never be as useful as the dollar or yen in the real world.

"The central banks have been nurturing the [financial] system for centuries... we've got a good thing going on," Nobel laureate Robert Shiller said at a debate about the cryptocurrency.

Cecilia Skingsley, deputy governor of Sweden's central bank, said she had "no problem with people using [bitcoin] as an asset to invest in."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/26/technology/davos-bitcoin-currency-asset/index.html
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:09:25 AM

Indeed, bitcoin does not yet meet the accepted definition of crypto currency. When such a definition was drawn up, no one could even imagine that there could still be digital money claiming to name the currency. Whether bitcoin or other crypto currency will be considered a currency depends on how firmly the crypto currency will enter our life and will be recognized by the majority of states. If this happens, then the concept of currency will be changed to include a digital currency.

kiendepzai24

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:11:03 AM

Bitcoin has finally closed a daily candle above the long term downtrend line. If we starting to close candles above the $11200 mark, that signals we are on wave 2 out of a new 3 wave impulse. Next target would be around $12200-$13000.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:36:52 AM

Bitcoin is both a currency and an asset. Just like gold in the old days but now it's all digital. I don't think bitcoin will be gone in 20 years, it will always be here. There are chances that another coin will surpass it but it will not die.

I think bitcoin is not just a small currency but it will also be a global currency for all. I agree if Bitcoin is not a small currency. Because there are still many countries that do not legalize Bitcoin. And there is no government governing Bitcoin. If you think my Bitcoin is just creating a future asset.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:41:17 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?
maybe he got some idea and he only narrated what he thought about it, actually btc is not a currency that we can hold or touch that's why its different from the other. If you recognize it as a currency then be it. If they dont, then let them.
jelly199

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:59:09 AM

Your definition of currency is insufficient in this context because we are talking about currency that is money (as opposed to, say, political currency)

The definition of money is:

Money is often defined in terms of the three functions or services that it provides. Money serves as a medium of exchange, as a store of value, and as a unit of account.

But bitcoin does not serve as a unit of account. The number of businesses who buy and sell things in fixed bitcoin amounts can probably be counted on one hand. Why don't people buy/sell things in dollar amounts? Because the value is too unstable.

So by those definitions, Bitcoin is not money, and it's not really currency either. (yet?)
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:05:34 AM

If he understands this then most probably he's already an investor in bitcoin. Anybody can claim bitcoin will be $100k or nothing in the next 10 or so years. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are right. Bitcoin has other potential other than being a currency.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
anwar98

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:17:30 AM

Because most people have never heard of this one trend. For simplicity, BitCoin can be regarded as a virtual currency. Some people think BitCoin is a silly concept, while others consider BitCoin to slowly evolve into the currency of the future.
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:22:55 AM

If he understands this then most probably he's already an investor in bitcoin. Anybody can claim bitcoin will be $100k or nothing in the next 10 or so years. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are right. Bitcoin has other potential other than being a currency.

Actually yes bitcoin is not a physical currency that every person can touch or hold like paper bills and coins ,as it is term it is considered as digital currency which uses crypto technology in which this bitcoin is secret ,altcoins, virtual currency but with value in the digital market.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:23:46 AM

Your thoughts?

Now bitcoin does not meet the definition of currency, as dollar for example, it differs from fiat money, and this is normal it is something new and digitized. As to the existence of bitcoin in 5 or 10 years nobody knows what will happen, many things might be changed in this period of time.
stevenwong2107

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:33:28 AM

Many person looks bitcoin as an currency, it is be an money and rich for your. But indeed, bitcoin is bring and new range, it is open of new time, take in to blockchain, so i think it is more important bitcoin is not a currency, it is an  represent of new technical in encrypt currency. So it is constitutor of the rule of encrype payment, it is an revolution. Now it is not just in currency, in many area is using blockchain technical.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: