Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:28:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

I think bitcoin is not a currency. which we can hold, touch, so it's different.

we must hold bitcoins for a long and rich future. Every future shareholder depends on holding bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin is a currency that we can use every day for daily transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 11:55:05 AM

What does it matter what someone likes or dislikes. We have our own opinion. If now there is a time to make money on it, why not believe it.
Elkafi

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:59:08 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

I think bitcoin ia crypto currency. it will become currency in future. I prefer to say bitcoin is an assets.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:09:45 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?
I think Mr. Warren Buffet is a anti bitcoin or anti crypto. Maybe he doesn’t experience having the bitcoin. He is intelligent person, but he judges the bitcoin by its cover. Whatever he says regarding on the bitcoin. we always believe the bitcoin is can be an asset and currency.  Currency because we can use the bitcoin paying the bills through online or even normal transaction. It can be also asset because of the unstable value. Never judge somethings without knowing the whole benefits that can give to the people.
chika2

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:17:06 PM

Anyone can argument anything about bitcoin, no one forbids it. But we have to know every decision to join bitcoin is a self-decision. We can see also the percentage of the likes bitcoin more than the dislike. Many other famous figures support with bitcoin are Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Eric Schmid and others. I think it is understood only when there are like and dislike of something phenomenal thing. The decision to come back is in your hands. But I keep joining bitcoin. Smiley

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Jingjess

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:21:35 PM

I don't know if he hates bitcoin,maybe he have not enough knowledge on bitcoin.For me,I considered bitcoin as future currency.

Tmandeep

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:43:16 PM

It would appear that 2017 could be fairly called the Year of Bitcoin. The most popular and thus valuable cryptocurrency has been breaking record after record this year. On 8 November, 1 BTC was trading somewhere around $7,700; at the beginning of the year it was worth about $960). Crazy.
However, due to the fork that did not happen (and the Bitcoin community was rather looking forward to it, as the intended development should have increased the speed of transactions), the market reacted harshly. Bitcoin quickly lost quite a chunk of its value. At one point in time, it was as low as $5,600, but at press time had rebounded to $7,200. Hence, it is growing. Again.
Despite seeing all of this, I am still quite surprised that many people tend to think that Bitcoin is a currency, though at this point in time it is not a threat to our regular fiat currencies. On the other hand, a number of people seem to realize that transaction times, energy inefficiencies in Bitcoin mining and the like are some of the key challenges that prevent Bitcoin from becoming a true alternative to USD, GBP or EUR.
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:48:21 PM

usd, jpy, idr, sgd etc is 'currency' while 'gold, silver' is 'money' , whereas I think bitcoin looks more like 'money' than 'currency' because of limited supply(only 21 million coins), Value increase in time of crisis and inflation, Universality and Operation outside the banking system

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:55:46 PM

Your thoughts?

Saying that something great like bitcoin, won't be around for the next ten to twenty years seems like an off hand comment for me. If an innovation has been proven to help people out and change how our online economy works, I think it will last for the rest of mankind. We can't keep things from being related to the internet so I think bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will play a major role as a currency in the development of our economy in the future years.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:55:47 PM

Bitcoin is currency and have everything to be a currency at my opinion. People who saying that bitcoin is not a currency are usually haters and doing it without any reason.

Mystika

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:58:39 PM

for me bitcoin is a kind of currency in our country because it's also one of those we use to purchase or pay bills, the difference is that money online or digital currency can be called.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:03:46 PM

Your thoughts?

If we google the meaning of currency in the internet, most results says "a system of money in general use in a particular country."

Bitcoin might be worldwide and not just within the country but several transactions are done with bitcoin. Which means it's used to do exchanges which is also the function of money.

Bitcoin is not legally stated by any countries economic law to be a standard medium for transaction but it serves much like money does specially online.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
olyolali

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:17:41 PM

which I think bitcoin more leads to the investment because the price is time to rise and fall
if for currency is not possible
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:30:31 PM

which I think bitcoin more leads to the investment because the price is time to rise and fall
if for currency is not possible
See, different people have different opinions about the bitcoin depending on the way they use it. According to some, it is merely a currency that can use in making up the required transactions digitally whereas some considered it as a great digital asset even better than gold and today many of the countries are accepting it. So its fall, for now, is a just impossible thing...

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
summit26

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:33:28 PM

For me it was a currency, it was a digital currency wherein no physical appearance and need to have internet to do a transactions. But many people nowadays consider it as an investment and seldom consider it as currency.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
Selbit

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:36:27 PM

Bitcoin, one of the most popular cryptocurrencies on the market today, was being used for both investing and payment a few years ago. But today, Srinivasan said, there are competitors in the cryptocurrency transaction market that would be better suited as payment systems.
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:57:46 PM

There are some countries which consider bitcoin as the currency since their governments have made it legal to buy or sell normal stuff. Whereas there are also some countries which consider bitcoin as a digital token or an asset for investment. So, maybe the man can't use bitcoin in his country,  that's why he states that bitcoin is not a currency
sk700

Activity: 587

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:04:33 PM

I think he is a hater of bitcoin who don't like bitcoin.His statements doesn't matter when the fact is that bitcoin is getting stronger day by day and is rising really high.
a man who doesn't like bitcoin he says that bitcoin is not a currency.  but who likes and supports bitcoin he says bitcoin is not only currency but also assest too.
Lebovsky

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

At the moment, bitcoin is not really a currency in the full sense of the word. But part of the functions of the currency performs. So far, bitcoin acts more as an asset. In the future, bitcoin may perform all the functions of the currency, but it is unlikely to replace Fiat completely. We can say for sure that bitcoin will exist for a long time thanks to blockchain.
al maruf

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:42:04 PM

Slowly becoming popular in the Western world is becoming popular with digital currency Bitcoin, the Internet's virtual currency Bitcoin. Bitcoin can not be caught and can not be found, Bitcoin is available only online, so Bitcoin is the virtual currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: