Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:56:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
ScottJake

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:44:42 PM

For me this person is obviously a potential enemy of bitcoin, he simply wants to discredit the potential of this cryptocurrency
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:52:58 PM

Well bitcoin is not a currency actually it is a digital currency or also digital money for us. Those bitcoins are very helpful in our community and also in our sociality. But for me as it continues to help and used by many people as an sort of income or a savings for me it will be a currency because the only thing that matter is bitcoin cannot be seen or cannot be touched it is inside a computer.
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:28:55 PM

I think that everybody can have their own private opinion. like me or W.Buffett. BTC is a crypto currency and a payment system, its main advantage being that transactions are anonymous and peer-to-peer. I love BTC because I believe that BTC will change our lives.
Anamika143

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:20:09 PM

Definitely bitcoin is a currency. But it is online a currency. People can not keep this coin on their hands. Need a secure online wallet for keeping your bitcoin.
Starone1

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:11:13 PM

Bitcoin is a currency, a cryptocurrency were only exist in computer and could buy any item online. I think the difference between the currency and the crypto one is the currency has a value and an actual visualization while the crypto is also has a value and but without actual visualiziation. But still the VALUE is indicated, bitcoin is a currency.
Bitcoin is obviously a currency. The only thing that hinders the imagination of a person to consider it as a currency is that it could not be saved in a paper wallet in the form of physical entity. Bitcoin are being used nowadays at a greater rate than the normal paper or the plastic assets and I think that soon it is going to take over the old traditional methods.
rejekiku

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:39:58 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

yes, he is. Maybe he doesnt know much about bitcoin.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:45:24 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

yes, he is. Maybe he doesnt know much about bitcoin.
Yes i think he is hate bitcoin or he is jealous from bitcoin so that's why he saying negative about bitcoin, so in my thought bitcoin is a very popular and beneficial currency in all over the world and many of people ate really like it because they know it can change their life.

PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:27:22 AM

Bitcoin was never really intended to be a store of value. But that doesn’t mean it can’t become one, but it does mean that we have to separate classes of investors, each with different goals for what Bitcoin should be. Miners and hodlers want it high, and there are other wants it low. Those forces will pull at each other in unpredictable ways.
tats14

Activity: 168

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:37:05 AM

Your thoughts?
well bitcoin is a digital currency, it has a value that people can afford but not at all, well that warren buffet i guest that he is bitcoin hater.

Benito01

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:50:32 AM

I dont agree that bitcoin is not a currency maybe altcoin because before we convert altcoin to piat money  we need to sell those coins.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
biuifyus

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:43:30 AM

Is bitcoin a currency that has any effect on the nature of bitcoin? Because it's not money, the transfer rate is slowing down? Because it's not money, the encryption algorithm is not safe, right?

No, we are bitcoin users, not academic research.

Bitcoin can be used to pay, and it's more convenient on a particular occasion, so I use bitcoin, which is essentially a currency, and I don't care.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:13:27 AM

For me  bitcoin is still a crypto/digital currency and not yet a fiat currency which is internationally accepted  for payment of commodities and services and for investments/trading. Unless bitcoin has reached the status of fiat or legal currencies, i believe it cannot be considered as fiat currency per se. But bitcoin is evolving and has started to capture the support of more countries and businesses. At the rate it is going with the  worldwide technological advancement bitcoin will become a future fiat currency.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
lehuong

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:38:32 AM

Bitcoin is not currency, but bitcoin can be traded almost currency at some places accepting it as a shop, hotel, restaurant or maybe some bank accepting bitcoin...
bangladesh20

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:47:10 AM

Bitcoin can be used to pay, and it's more convenient on a particular occasion, so I use bitcoin, which is essentially a currency, and I don't care.
gucci belt

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:31:29 AM

Your thoughts?
Bitcoin is atechnology. As long as technology is useful and many people need it will still exist. I think blockchain technology will be adopted in many countries in the future.
eriwis

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:36:40 AM

A coin is worthless if there is no community. No matter bitcoin includes currency or not as long as its community persists. The more communities the higher the value
rohican

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:59:06 AM

Warren buffett is already very rich. He does not need cryptocurrency to make him richer, or he does not believe in technology.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:08:04 AM

Your thoughts?
currently only trust and confidence in bitcoin can convince us that bitcoin will evolve in the hope of investors if we all believe it might be possible to restore bitcoin as before

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Yasin58

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:23:33 AM

Why not, I think bitcoin is a currency in the world. We can earn easily cryptocurrency in this bitcoin. And it's gives our different currency in the world. So I can say that, bitcoin is a currency.
Biso

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:28:21 AM

I guess the decentralization of currency as they know it is their one and only fear. We are in a transition period where the old banking system is being replaced and people like WB will lose the impact they have on the economy. Of course they hate it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: