Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283597 times)
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:20:23 PM

Craptsy has a record of holding coins your for days to weeks when the price is on the rise and then returning them when they are in the shitter.

What are you talking about? never had that issue before!

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
forevernoob

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:33:09 PM

how are we supposed to trade?
You open your wallet and transfer funds when you are ready.

If everyone does this, no one can trade.

That's true but if you do your trades on the forum or on bitcoin-otc you can choose to only do trades with trusted users.
And even if you get scammed it won't be as much as when you loose all on a crappy exchange.
You might lose one trade in 50 if you only trade with people with high trust rate.

how are we supposed to trade?
You open your wallet and transfer funds when you are ready.

If everyone does this, no one can trade.

Agree, we have to distingiush between not being careful about your funds and being able to trade with full flexibility. It should be included in the risk of running an exchange that you are responsible for the funds that you have there. You may charge traders higher premiums for that to spread the costs.

Exactly my point, how are you supposed to trade if there is no BUY/SELL orders? Thus the brainless term I used, it's just not logical. How do you expect having a market if there is nothing to buy or sell ?

I think a P2P market would be a solution to this.

gristlelump

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:05:27 PM

All my trade notifications just vanished off the site.  Guess they don't want anyone having any proof of stuck orders!

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:16:53 AM

I don't frequent CoinEx, but if there is a mod CaptianFuture does he misspell his name like that?

No, it's some idiot in the trollbox with a misspelling!  Cheesy

Un-believe-able how dumb fudsters are  Roll Eyes

Actually I could withdraw some LTC and some BTC over the last 2 weeks so obviously Coinex is alive.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:42:28 AM

Just confirmed LTC witdrawals working myself. I am now coinex-free, just to be safe. Cryptsy has a pretty decent track record right?

Craptsy has a record of holding coins your for days to weeks when the price is on the rise and then returning them when they are in the shitter.

LOL wow that was a doozie... Cryptsy has a GREAT track record... there is no way you consistently had coins held as you described... other than a couple of times when user base surged and they did not have enough server capacity to run smoothly... there has yet to be anything near the scale of what you are trying to relate.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:13:41 AM

Just confirmed LTC witdrawals working myself. I am now coinex-free, just to be safe. Cryptsy has a pretty decent track record right?

LOL wow that was a doozie... Cryptsy has a GREAT track record... there is no way you consistently had coins held as you described... other than a couple of times when user base surged and they did not have enough server capacity to run smoothly... there has yet to be anything near the scale of what you are trying to relate.

Apparently you weren't there for the doge surges. Or your head is in the sand. Either way, believe me or not I could care. I'm sick Of warning people in this scene. fools will get raped anywhere, just faster here.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Artlover

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:12:46 AM

I'm not putting the blame as much on their lack of security protocols (After all, all this crypto things is pretty much beta), hacks and theft happens daily in the "real world"! The banks/CC companies/etc had just more time to adapt their business to that reality.
Sorry, but no.

Crypto is beta, yeah. General computer security is NOT. The problem is everyone is a bunch of amateurs who just saw that money could be made, and jumped into things without a clue as to what they are doing.

Perfect example is OpenEX. Remember that exchange that got hacked back in January for over 11 BTC. Know why it happened? Because the guy running it left an unsecured root login accessible to the internet on his linux wallet machine. He gave the excuse the he is new to crypto and learning. Yeah? Is he new to computers too, because you don't leave default unsecured root access logins accessible to the internet, no matter WHAT you're using the computer for. It's not about being new to crypto or crypto being new, it's about not knowing anything about computers or OS's in general. Another example is MtGox, who knowingly violated numerous rules of the BTC protocol to suit their own needs, then tried to blame the BTC protocol for their problems. Even outside of crypto, companies make mistakes. Look at Sony. The biggest failure wasn't even that they got hacked, but that they kept customer information in plain-text, not encrypted. How do you think most hackers hack? Exploiting the lazy and the stupid.

As per Erundook's last update to mention it, he said that they have a security audit pending. PENDING. Took being hacked at least 3-4 times and loosing everything to finally get as far as scheduling a security audit for a future time. Sorry, a security audit should have already been conducted before the site was ever put back up. Actually, it should have been done a long time ago after the first big hack.
Artlover

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:37:09 AM

LOL wow that was a doozie... Cryptsy has a GREAT track record... there is no way you consistently had coins held as you described...
Try reading all the craptsy threads here. LOTS of us have been having problems with them for a while. I've personally experienced numerous issues making deposits, with a failure rate of nearly 15%, needing tickets being opened every few days. And don't get me started on their support agents. Not all, but MOST tickets I've opened results in a reply from a agent requesting more information before they can process my request; with every single thing they asked for having already been provided in the ticket had they bothered to read it.

But that seems to be typical of Craptsy. Seems to work perfectly for some people, and like complete and total garbage for others. If you're in the first group, good for you, you're lucky, but understand your experience doesn't reflect everyone's experience, and a whole lot of people are in the latter group.

I've reluctantly started using Craptsy again, since CoinEX has turned into a worthless pile of s--t, and even started to think it was working better than before, but as soon as I thought that, boom, deposit problem, ticket opened, same old s--t.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:23:36 AM

LOL wow that was a doozie... Cryptsy has a GREAT track record... there is no way you consistently had coins held as you described...
Try reading all the craptsy threads here. LOTS of us have been having problems with them for a while. I've personally experienced numerous issues making deposits, with a failure rate of nearly 15%, needing tickets being opened every few days. And don't get me started on their support agents. Not all, but MOST tickets I've opened results in a reply from a agent requesting more information before they can process my request; with every single thing they asked for having already been provided in the ticket had they bothered to read it.

But that seems to be typical of Craptsy. Seems to work perfectly for some people, and like complete and total garbage for others. If you're in the first group, good for you, you're lucky, but understand your experience doesn't reflect everyone's experience, and a whole lot of people are in the latter group.

I've reluctantly started using Craptsy again, since CoinEX has turned into a worthless pile of s--t, and even started to think it was working better than before, but as soon as I thought that, boom, deposit problem, ticket opened, same old s--t.

I'm sure Cryptsy has their share of problems and missmanagement... But until now, they have proven great security processes and yet to have been hacked in a way that they lost everyones funds... And considering it's probably one of the largest exchange out there... I'd say they're doing fine and is the best place to trade in confidence!

I personally wouldn't trade anywhere else but with Cryptsy, MintPal and Poloniex, their trust rating is in the highest up to now (this is my opinion, maybe other exchange are good out there... didn't try them all!) But some coins are just not trading on those platforms so hence this pain in the ass issue with CoinEX!

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
WE.MISAYA

Activity: 271

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:05:28 AM

plz add GLC(GameLeagueCoin)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595779.0

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
MegaVortex

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:22:48 AM

What's wrong with you?
DearPassin46

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:26:19 AM

How will the exchange operate if no one leaves money there, in limit orders?

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:32:47 AM

Another CR Scam ?
UniMatrixZ

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:43:08 AM

I still haven't got my compensation on Cryptostock, bought 20 shares before.

I should now have 160 shares due to this:
CoinEX is re-structuring the IPO to make the shares easier accesable in order to finish the IPO in the set time frame.
The current shareholders will be compensated to the new price level over the coming 2 weeks.
They will recieve an extra 7 shares per share bought, to reset to the 0.005 BTC per share price.

This was 1 month ago.
Has anyone got the extra shares???
Artlover

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:34:09 PM

I still haven't got my compensation on Cryptostock, bought 20 shares before.

I should now have 160 shares due to this:
CoinEX is re-structuring the IPO to make the shares easier accesable in order to finish the IPO in the set time frame.
The current shareholders will be compensated to the new price level over the coming 2 weeks.
They will recieve an extra 7 shares per share bought, to reset to the 0.005 BTC per share price.

This was 1 month ago.
Has anyone got the extra shares???
Nope.

No point contacting CoinEX support or twitter. So I keep emailing Cryptostock about this regarding their knowledge of the matter, and over the possibility of freezing CoinEX's stock given all their failures. I have yet to get a reply back from them either.

CoinEx: Another Cryptocurrency exchange that steals customer’s coins, robbed investors of over 1 million dollars - an article by The Cryptocurrency Times http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/coinex-another-cryptocurrency-exchange-that-steals-customers-coins-robbed-investors-of-half-a-million-dollars/
Honestly, I'm inclined to agree at this point.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:01:01 PM

Is anyone mining a SHA-256 coin on coinex?

I try to be respectful and informed.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:49:32 PM

I would take a proportion of what I am owed, and it's only about 0.30 BTC. But no responses, blah, blah, blah .. no chance of this exchange getting back into business ... so fcuk 'em, and fcuk that little creep who owns the exchange coming on here with his whinging, bullshit and lies when it "allegedly" got hacked and people dared to speculate on the future given zero communication has come from the exchange for months.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
cryptodude

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:50:13 PM

What really sucks is that when they are having problems they don't tell you anything. They let you send out
your address for a deposit you just bought, and then you find out the system is not working and your deposit
is pretty much up in the air as whether you will ever receive it.  They should have to notify you up front before
you make deposits of withdrawals that the system presently is not working. And no, we all shouldn't have to
search for that information from twitter or facebook or Bitcoin Forum or the Google/NSA.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
patnor1011

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:48:39 PM

Why would you mine anything when you cant withdraw, it sucks to try to get small amounts at a time not knowing if they come or will disappear in queue.
My 64 UNO is queued for a very long time.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:23:46 PM

Why would you mine anything when you cant withdraw, it sucks to try to get small amounts at a time not knowing if they come or will disappear in queue.
My 64 UNO is queued for a very long time.

Let me suggest a different question:  why would I mine on coinex?

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: