Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Polyswarm - The first decentralized threat intelligence market.  (Read 22473 times)
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:35:50 PM

Interesting that the total supply of Polyswarm tokens will not be decided until the end of the ICO when the amount of ETH raised has been calculated. I do like this idea because it ensures the correct amount of tokens are created.

So it is not really pre-mined; I think this approach ensures success of ICO since you are not basing the decision on the caps. Pretty smart move. The idea and execution is quite innovative. I guess one should bookmark this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:49:40 PM

Interesting that the total supply of Polyswarm tokens will not be decided until the end of the ICO when the amount of ETH raised has been calculated. I do like this idea because it ensures the correct amount of tokens are created.

So it is not really pre-mined; I think this approach ensures success of ICO since you are not basing the decision on the caps. Pretty smart move. The idea and execution is quite innovative. I guess one should bookmark this.

Great thinking ! All Icos should follow this idea. Normally Icos just set up everything before they go to the sales, but with this idea they can make the correct amount of tokens just as cryptossi have said.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:57:49 PM

Did any body know about polyswarm and cyber triger before now?
Just got to know now that cyber triage partners with polyswarm to connect first responders with pioneering cybersecurity marketplace.
Came across it on their Facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1125256404282698&id=1083900098418329&fs=5

Thanks for the sharing. I have never seen this news before. May be its my bad. However this is very partnership to be honest. If Polyswarm achieves its road map without a miss, it would reach all fortune 500 companies within a year.

It's the first time I hear about this partnership of Polyswarm. Probably because I don't use Facebook that often. To reach as many people as possible with such good news they should announce it wherever they can. I think there are other like me who don't check the social media channels constantly, so a short announcement here in the forum aswell would be ideal.
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:50:18 PM

Great thinking ! All Icos should follow this idea. Normally Icos just set up everything before they go to the sales, but with this idea they can make the correct amount of tokens just as cryptossi have said.

That's indeed an efficient approach. This might in the end avoid all token burning and bluffing stuff done by almost all the rest of the ICO world. The most interesting part is token burning meaning itself is not understandable to many ICOs. They just put it for sale in exchanges and call it as token burning.
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:56:01 PM

Did any body know about polyswarm and cyber triger before now?
Just got to know now that cyber triage partners with polyswarm to connect first responders with pioneering cybersecurity marketplace.
Came across it on their Facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1125256404282698&id=1083900098418329&fs=5

Thanks for the sharing. I have never seen this news before. May be its my bad. However this is very partnership to be honest. If Polyswarm achieves its road map without a miss, it would reach all fortune 500 companies within a year.

It's the first time I hear about this partnership of Polyswarm. Probably because I don't use Facebook that often. To reach as many people as possible with such good news they should announce it wherever they can. I think there are other like me who don't check the social media channels constantly, so a short announcement here in the forum aswell would be ideal.
I agree with this i am also not a fan of social media but if they could make an section on their website where they can also show those achievements it would be awesome.
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:01:44 PM

Although I think there is a good interest in cyber security experts and the blockchain makes it feasible for experts to cooperate if the tokens are rewarding, but I think most of the security related issues on exchanges with huge thefts as a result could have been avoided

While i agree, you have to also remember the crypto market security is only a very tiny piece of the overall security research market, so while its probably the initial target of polyswarm the fact is the market for security research and reward is massive. Security vulnerabilities is a huge industry in itself, so anything that can streamline that process and the work vs reward paradigm would be a huge benefit. The trick is to keep the Polyswarm tokens valuable as an incentive.

Just think about where cybersecurity plays an important role. Big companies that need to protect their industrial secrets. Even for governments, cybersecurity becomes more and more important.

Everything is moving to internet or shared network, so now hacking is become very common and big problem. I have seen now even crypto currency exchanges got hacked many time so project like Polyswarm can play very big role in this area.

Yes, i just got to assimilate the name of the project and reason behind the name, which definitely matches the concept, Poly means more than one individual or many and swarm is like a a beehive, bringing both together creates POLYSWARM, which is a collection of individuals or experts, coming together to create one powerful body of cyber protection, do i get an award for this? Grin
Cnote328

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:11:54 PM

Really smart thinking from Polyswarm team total supply will be dependent on Eth contributed. 2.85B will be the total supply if Polyswarm hit hardcap and if you include the 30% supply for network growth/company.
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 07:17:24 PM

Really smart thinking from Polyswarm team total supply will be dependent on Eth contributed. 2.85B will be the total supply if Polyswarm hit hardcap and if you include the 30% supply for network growth/company.

Ya its honestly a better way of controlling supply so that the team knows what their working with and allows the entire platform to be much more manageable longterm, too many groups do little in planning when it comes to market cap and it hurts them down the line its good that polyswarm decided to go the contribution based control of the cap it makes sense in both short and longterm for a successful project.
Gunny95

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:54:51 PM

This is one of those smart moves which is easy to implement and yet makes investing far more appealing

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:46:28 PM

Just a little bit gain today 0.13 million in total from the token sale. I know that there is still 26 days left so they can still sell their coins. I actually think that in the last days of the token sale there will be more investors.

faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:26:51 PM

Yes, i just got to assimilate the name of the project and reason behind the name, which definitely matches the concept, Poly means more than one individual or many and swarm is like a a beehive, bringing both together creates POLYSWARM, which is a collection of individuals or experts, coming together to create one powerful body of cyber protection, do i get an award for this? Grin

Great combination, sherlock :-) I would give you an award (merit), but unfortunately I do not get some to distribute them further

still reading the whitepaper, really tough for me, i am a technical anti genius
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:59:11 PM

Just a little bit gain today 0.13 million in total from the token sale. I know that there is still 26 days left so they can still sell their coins. I actually think that in the last days of the token sale there will be more investors.

Do you think so? It would be smarter to invest now with a bigger bonus than waiting until the end of the ICO when there is probably no bonus anymore.
cryptossi

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:57:55 PM

Do you think so? It would be smarter to invest now with a bigger bonus than waiting until the end of the ICO when there is probably no bonus anymore.

Yeah definitely there is a great bonus available for the polyswarm token sale, invest now, whats the point in waiting you will miss out on a fantastic discount on the price of NCT tokens.

bitok50

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:59:09 PM

Project and team of project look good for me, i think this will be interesting.PolySwarm is the first decentralized marketplace where security experts build anti-malware engines that compete to protect you.
yamazikuza

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:59:48 PM

Very exciting project, can't way to see what's going to turn out.
Mankov

Activity: 425
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:22:27 AM

But what about the anti-virus-companys all out there, for example.

Kapersky, AVG, Norton, Microsoft Defender,...

Don`t you think they already working on such a product, without an ICO, and will implement it to their software?

Could be a very big competition. I´m not sure if I should invest in it. But when Polyswarm get massadoption, because of their early adopters advantage, then it goes very likely to the moon.
Anilg

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:12:27 AM

Here is a discussion on the market shortcomings that lead to Polyswarm development.
https://medium.com/@polyswarm/the-case-for-decentralizing-the-threat-intelligence-market-a0298a065ce

Very good information. thanks for the link. I remember just recently WannaCry ransomware attack caused huge damage and there were multiple attacks in 2017. Thats why I think Polyswarm will have huge demand in future.
Cnote328

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:19:03 AM

Here is a discussion on the market shortcomings that lead to Polyswarm development.
https://medium.com/@polyswarm/the-case-for-decentralizing-the-threat-intelligence-market-a0298a065ce

Very good information. thanks for the link. I remember just recently WannaCry ransomware attack caused huge damage and there were multiple attacks in 2017. Thats why I think Polyswarm will have huge demand in future.

Yeah mate the future sure looks bright for Ployswarm. PolySwarm plans to fix market shortcomings by decentralizing the threat intelligence market. A decentralized market will allow CISOs to get more sleep and enable enterprises to extract better protection for less money.
Gunny95

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:11:40 AM

But what about the anti-virus-companys all out there, for example.

Kapersky, AVG, Norton, Microsoft Defender,...

Don`t you think they already working on such a product, without an ICO, and will implement it to their software?

Could be a very big competition. I´m not sure if I should invest in it. But when Polyswarm get massadoption, because of their early adopters advantage, then it goes very likely to the moon.

The answer is quite simple, they are centralized and dont use a blockchain to incentivize security experts with token payments
I dont think you can walk in Kaspersky's building and say, hey I got a fix for your problem, but give me some bitcoins please

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:31:12 AM

Today’s $8.5 billion/year anti-virus market is broken, with 70% of threats going undetected and cyber crime damages expected to double by 2021 and reach 6 trillion USD dollars.

This is why I like this project and the amount of potential is epic, possible 6 trillion usd market
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: