Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:27:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230759 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 10:19:08 PM

Did you order from the december batch, icebreaker?   do you want to switch to the january batch?  you know, unlike some others, they will let you move from dec to jan batch, and apply full credit (and even partial refund).  these guys re very amenable to special requests, unlike most other asic vendors I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

whats fuelling your vendetta, icebreaker?

you're so unflaggingly positive about hashfast and yet so anti cointerra?   whats going on? why the bias?  why can't you just be pragmatic, balanced and decent.  All companies are just trying to sell their wares.  why do you have to favour one and trash another one.  Why can't you support them all?  or support just one even but why do you have to go out of your way to trash the other one?

the very things you accuse cointerra of, you could equally accuse almost any other asic provider of similar... of being optimistic, ahead of their tapeout?  of promising they will deliver on schedule?   of moving dates?  big deal.   are they moving them a lot?   they're barely even late.   and even if they deliver their december batch in january... big fucking deal!   thats the least late they could possibly be.  heck, i know other asic companies who are later.. and have an angry mob of customers.

do you know ANY OTHER ASIC COMPANY that lets people move orders between batches, and get refunds and full credit?   i sure don't!!

thats why you're the ONLY one who seems to be unhappy with cointerra.   do you see anyone else at all agreeing with you?   Absolutely anyone?

I have Cointerra orders in the form of Cognitive and Ciphermine investments.

But I shouldn't have to reveal that to justify my right to have an opinion.

I only responded in-kind with utterly irrelevant personal details to highlight the paucity of your ad hominem argument.   Wink

Why are David and the other haters so unflaggingly positive about Cointerra and yet so anti hashfast?

The very things they accuse HashFast of, they could equally accuse Cointerra of.  But they don't, and you don't call them out for their selective outrage.

By the way, you need to see an eye doctor and get new reading glasses.   Cool

There is another poster "who seems to be unhappy with cointerra" RIGHT HERE ON THIS VERY PAGE AND YET YOU STILL BLATHER AND RANT COMPLETELY IGNORANT OF THAT FACT:

So I spoke with Cointerra today and apparently I really am one of the few idiots who didn't switch batches since apparently the December batch is now very small compared to the January batch.  Guess I should have switched batches along with everyone else since the early January orders will be shipping immediately after the December batch is done.  Doh.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:22:20 PM

Hashfast has failed hard at compensating customers for an extremely late delivery.

Cointerra, however has compensated its customers.  EVERYBODY (except you) is VERY happy with them right now.

What's so hard to understand about this, Icebreaker?

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:25:24 PM

[the way, you need to see an eye doctor and get new reading glasses.   Cool

There is another poster "who seems to be unhappy with cointerra" RIGHT HERE ON THIS VERY PAGE AND YET YOU STILL BLATHER AND RANT COMPLETELY IGNORANT OF THAT FACT:

So I spoke with Cointerra today and apparently I really am one of the few idiots who didn't switch batches since apparently the December batch is now very small compared to the January batch.  Guess I should have switched batches along with everyone else since the early January orders will be shipping immediately after the December batch is done.  Doh.

lets ask them... testerx.. please comment.  are you unhappy with cointerra?  did you ask to switch your december batch into the january batch (and get twice the hashpower, etc) ?   were you refused if you did ask?   did you decide to stay in the december batch to get one of the first, whatever the delivery date?  etc?   do please share your wisdom.

sirky

Activity: 404

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:27:39 PM

I am reaching out to them now, since I am also in the December batch. If this is true, I will clearly try to switch.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 10:28:35 PM

Cointerra, however has compensated its customers.  EVERYBODY (except you) is extremely happy with them right now.

What's so hard to understand about this, Icebreaker?

testerx is not "extremely happy with them right now."  How could you possibly miss this post?  Your selective outrage is showing.   Wink

So I spoke with Cointerra today and apparently I really am one of the few idiots who didn't switch batches since apparently the December batch is now very small compared to the January batch.  Guess I should have switched batches along with everyone else since the early January orders will be shipping immediately after the December batch is done.  Doh.

Cointerra had to have known they couldn't possible deliver in December.

Yet they took orders for December, and charged a huge premium for their earliest deliver date.

Then they waited until December to announce the December batch wasn't coming until January at the earliest.

Cointerra blatantly lied about delivery schedule.  They won't even have the chips from the foundry until a week after their "expected" ship date.

Cointerra 100% knew from day 1 there is no possible way they could ship in December.  Period.

They could have been honest and sold rigs for late Jan delivery and a much lower price.  But they LIED to their customers so they could charge more per GH/s.

They lied because they wanted to sell "Dec delivery" units at Dec delivery prices.  They "could" have sold Jan delivery units but that would have required much lower prices.

It is fraud, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

fraud (noun)
1. wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

They criminally deceived their customers using false claims in order to gain from that deception.  Dec delivery was not possible.  It wasn't that it was too optimistic, it is IMPOSSIBLE.  They knew that, yet made the claim anyways because it means more millions in their pockets.

They committed fraud to enrich themselves at the expense of their customers.

Cointerra lied to their customers to overcharge for products they had no ability to deliver.  They increased their selling price 200% at the expense of the customers they lied to.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:32:18 PM

He had a choice.  He could have switched it to a January order.  
What choices have Hashfast given?  None.  This makes Hashfast a criminal because they were supposed to deliver a loooong time ago!  They wait until ROI is impossible, and then issue refunds?  That's criminal.
Cointerra is about choices and pleasing the customers.  And believe me, we are pleased.  Smiley

sirky

Activity: 404

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:36:06 PM

Also, I am not unhappy, or anything like that, for those who are curious. I think they are doing a good job.

I will wait and let everyone know what Cointerra tells me.

If they do end up sending the Jan orders very quickly after the Dec orders and didn't do anything to reimburse the people with Dec orders I would be unhappy though.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 10:53:44 PM

He had a choice.  He could have switched it to a January order.  

That "choice" should have been publicly announced by the official Cointerra account and included in an update to the OP (which BTW still pretends nothing has gone wrong).

Once Cointerra officially blew their "mid December" deadline, he no longer really had a fair "choice."

Besides, he paid a huge premium for "mid December" delivery, not some forcibly imposed "choice" between non-existent hardware coming right before batch 2 or even later hardware possibly affected by additional delays.

Batch 1 Cointerra customers deserve to know if Cointerra was lying all along about their broken "mid-December" promise.

Cointerra had to have known they would never ship in December, long before their shady backhanded stealth announcement on Dec 10th.

Why didn't they tell us sooner?  Why wait until a week before the deadline to casually slip the delay into a long burbling pile of PR happy talk?

Do they think their customers are stupid?  Trying to pass off a blown deadline and failure to deliver as an esoteric technical update is asinine and insulting to the intelligence.

Giving them a shitty involuntary choice here in mid December isn't the same as actually delivering their hardware on time.

That's called a 'bait-and-switch' and is a form of fraud.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:59:44 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 11:16:17 PM by aerobatic

Cointerra lied to their customers to overcharge for products they had no ability to deliver.  They increased their selling price 200% at the expense of the customers they lied to.

you really are insane!

how do you think you're right saying shit like that?   this really is the pot calling the kettle black.

cointerra 'priced in' their delivery dates.  they were significantly lower cost than anyone else offering hardware in a similar timeframe.  heck, even your friends at hashfast are (hopefully still) planning to deliver at best, a few weeks ahead of cointerra.. but they charged (a whole bunch) more for the privilege of those few weeks (4x i think).   And i really hope they do ship by dec 31st (some two whole months behind promised schedule, but granted, probably expected to be within contracted schedule or refunds due)

cointerra showed several versions of their board in development, in plenty of time before the asic arrives.  whereas most other companies seem to wait til after their asic arrives before they start designing their board.  how many weeks was it before we saw a hashfast board?   literally we saw them baking it, hot off the press, some two weeks or more after their chips arrived.

cointerra also showed the full box complete with custom cooling system... also before the asic arrived.  did you see anyone else do that?  did any other asic company show such a high level of readiness in advance of their asic arriving?   if they did, i sure haven't seen it.    cointerra have shown themselves to be professionals and in an advanced state of readiness.

in short.. they've shown a lot more 'substance' than most in terms of readiness.  They also gave exact fabout and bumpout dates quoted from their fab.  yet again, do you know ANY OTHER ASIC company that gave us their fabout and bumpout dates?   i sure don't!

i'm expecting them to have everything ready to go, so that when their asic arrives, they can ship out without a multi-week 'board bring up' procedure... which (lets be honest) has been excruciating, with glimmers of hope and flurries of tweets, interspersed with long periods of stone cold silence.. waiting for the other guys to announce they're ready to ship.  (you forget i have equally large orders with both hashfast and cointerra and do my best to be balanced and unbiassed... something you don't seem to be capable of).  and I'm also a big knc fan, just in case that wasn't already mentioned.   those guys did almost everything right.  they knew what it takes to go from concept to silicon to shipping, in record time.   they're champs and are going to take some beating.

knc, for example, received their chips in the morning, and had them working the very same night, and next day, showed it working on youtube.. then started shipping immediately that day to customers (including some who were in the room during the demo who walked away with their machines the same day) !   Thats the way it should be !

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:02:33 PM

Last time my food was overly late at a restaurant, I said something to the waitress.  They deducted half of the meal off the bill.
I was extremely happy (almost as happy as a Cointerra customer!), and I now eat there all the time.  

This sounds fair to me.  Smiley  I was happy.  They were happy.  Everyone is happy.  

If someone didn't catch the PR mentioning the option to move their order to the January batch, that is their own fault for not paying attention.  
PR is there for a reason, and that is to provide important information to us about progress and shipping dates.  

Cointerra didn't do anything wrong, and I am looking forward to receiving my 2TH/S miner Smiley

Never... NEVER bet on ice..

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 12:10:53 AM

Last time my food was overly late at a restaurant, I said something to the waitress.  They deducted half of the meal off the bill.
I was extremely happy (almost as happy as a Cointerra customer!), and I now eat there all the time.  

This sounds fair to me.  Smiley  I was happy.  They were happy.  Everyone is happy.  

If someone didn't catch the PR mentioning the option to move their order to the January batch, that is their own fault for not paying attention.  
PR is there for a reason, and that is to provide important information to us about progress and shipping dates.  

Cointerra didn't do anything wrong, and I am looking forward to receiving my 2TH/S miner Smiley

Difficulty is increasing by 100% or more every month, but food maintains its capacity to nourish, so a relaxing meal in a restaurant is not analogous to mining Bitcoin.

I can't believe you are blaming the victims of Cointerra's tardiness and dishonesty.

They paid a huge premium to receive their hardware in mid December, not to be at the mercy of Cointerra's botched tape-out and clumsy attempts at damage control.

If Cointerra had been upfront and honest that would be different.  IE, the official account should have made an announcement and updated the OP (at the very least).

But they intentionally hid the bad news in a bunch of technical malarkey, causing many customers to not realize the option was available.

No less an elite Bitcoinerati than gmaxwell was caught unaware by Cointerra's slimey deception:

Am I the only idiot who kept a December unit?
I don't think I knew about the offer, thought I likely wouldn't have taken it in any case.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:32:33 AM

Difficulty is increasing by 100% or more every month, but food maintains its capacity to nourish, so a relaxing meal in a restaurant is not analogous to mining Bitcoin.

I can't believe you are blaming the victims of Cointerra's tardiness and dishonesty.

They paid a huge premium to receive their hardware in mid December, not to be at the mercy of Cointerra's botched tape-out and clumsy attempts at damage control.

If Cointerra had been upfront and honest that would be different.  IE, the official account should have made an announcement and updated the OP (at the very least).

But they intentionally hid the bad news in a bunch of technical malarkey, causing many customers to not realize the option was available.

No less an elite Bitcoinerati than gmaxwell was caught unaware by Cointerra's slimey deception:

Am I the only idiot who kept a December unit?
I don't think I knew about the offer, thought I likely wouldn't have taken it in any case.

Soooo Icebreaker, why didn't you highlight the second part in red too?  That's the part that proves he does not feel ripped off, and his opinion has more importance over anything you say in this thread.
Here it is again,
I don't think I knew about the offer though I likely wouldn't have taken it in any case.
this customer is obviously okay with it, unlike the hundreds of angry Hashfast customers who will never see ROI.  

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 8424

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 01:04:06 AM

Well, I wouldn't have taken it because having a unit a month earlier would be worth the difference in price. But now it sounds like that won't be the case.

Though there really is no comparison to hashfast which cost twice again as much and is already several months late.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 01:24:06 AM

I wouldn't have taken it because having a unit a month earlier would be worth the difference in price. But now it sounds like that won't be the case.

"Sounds like?"  It's definitely the case (not that you'd know from the Cointerra OP or offical posts).

Oh sorry, I forgot you're still at an early point in the early stages of the grieving process (IE 'denial'), having been only recently informed of the latest expansion of Cointerra's delay.

I thought we were to stay on the subject of Cointerra, and stop the whole "let's change the subject to [OFF-TOPIC ASIC COMPANY]."

Why are alleged shortcomings of [OFF-TOPIC ASIC COMPANY] being used as a defense of Cointerra's failures?

[OFF-TOPIC ASIC COMPANY] has nothing to do with Cointerra's failure to deliver their promised December hardware in December.

[OFF-TOPIC ASIC COMPANY] has nothing to do with Cointerra's slimy practice of selling a chip that didn't exist at a huge premium for a delivery date that was impossible to meet.

[OFF-TOPIC ASIC COMPANY] has nothing to do with Cointerra's slimy practice of hiding the announcement of their delay in a bunch of technical gobbledygook where hardly anyone would see it.

[OFF-TOPIC ASIC COMPANY] has nothing to do with Cointerra's failure to ensure all Batch One customers were aware of the delay and the option to switch to "Feb" orders instead.

[OFF-TOPIC ASIC COMPANY] has nothing to do with Cointerra failing to use their official forum account to keep customers up to date, and it falling on newbs to relay crucial information from press releases and phone calls to customer service.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 02:02:08 AM

Never... NEVER bet on ice..

I don't know about you, but I'm betting on ice.

thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:30:42 AM

did they say anything about expected shipping december batch?

Here is, in chronological order, everything I could find Cointerra saying about their "expected" "December" batch:

TerraMiner IV will ship in December this year

Systems expected to begin shipping to customers, Mid December.

We are indeed on track for our delivery times.

We are still very much on track for our presented delivery time.

we are indeed still on time table for our production.

The fabout of the first wafers is scheduled to occur on December 17th

Please not the last quote isn't from the main Cointerra account, which hasn't posted in weeks (despite the big news of no December shipping really needing an official announcement/explanation/OP update).

Thank you for this summary. As a Cointerra advocate (but not a customer), they are dropping into "does not meet expectations" territory fast. It seems unfair that you have to come to the forums to find out that anyone rational should switch their December order to January. With a fabout of December 17th, they will be hard pressed to deliver by the 31st (which would already be a very loose interpretation of their promises).

I guess a few weeks delay should have been expected. For PR purposes, they should definitely "overdeliver" in some aspect (perhaps hashrate) to make up for this.
RHA

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:33:53 AM

cointerra also showed the full box complete with custom cooling system... also before the asic arrived.  did you see anyone else do that?  did any other asic company show such a high level of readiness in advance of their asic arriving?   if they did, i sure haven't seen it.
It was KnCMiner who did it. They even incorporated changes to airflow proposed at the forum.

They also gave exact fabout and bumpout dates quoted from their fab.  yet again, do you know ANY OTHER ASIC company that gave us their fabout and bumpout dates?   i sure don't!
It was BFL who gave us their fabout and bumpout dates - even several times (new dates each time). Wink
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:40:10 AM

cointerra also showed the full box complete with custom cooling system... also before the asic arrived.  did you see anyone else do that?  did any other asic company show such a high level of readiness in advance of their asic arriving?   if they did, i sure haven't seen it.
It was KnCMiner who did it. They even incorporated changes to airflow proposed at the forum.

They also gave exact fabout and bumpout dates quoted from their fab.  yet again, do you know ANY OTHER ASIC company that gave us their fabout and bumpout dates?   i sure don't!
It was BFL who gave us their fabout and bumpout dates - even several times (new dates each time). Wink

aerobatic doesnt seem to know much about anything...
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:06:12 AM

aerobatic is an angel investor of Cointerra..  he already won part of the pre-sell pie..  any miners delivered is icing for him..

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:19:35 AM

So fabout today right?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: