Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:08:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230791 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:50:41 PM

Cool, an eventful Christmas this year...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 06:44:31 PM

If I recall correctly Cloud Hashing is one of their biggest customers, with a new Data Center going up in TX by Cointerra's facilities. I see Cloud Hashing has increased their hash power by about 150TH/s in the last week, any chance Cointerra units are coming online?

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:12:47 PM

If I recall correctly Cloud Hashing is one of their biggest customers, with a new Data Center going up in TX by Cointerra's facilities. I see Cloud Hashing has increased their hash power by about 150TH/s in the last week, any chance Cointerra units are coming online?

agreed, cloudhashing is as far as I'm aware a major cointerra customer, but cointerra has not started shipping yet (that bit is for sure... they've been very open with where they are in the production process).  cloudhashing has, in the past bought hardware from other asic companies (most of the good ones.. the usual suspects e.g. knc, bitfury etc)
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:16:34 PM

I have 12 units up for sale. Check out my sig if you are interested.

Thanks.

You have an interesting idea of what "in hand" means.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

Thanks.

you don't pay until i have them physically. pretty normal use for around here.

Maybe a language barrier? From my perspective "ASIC miners in hand" means you already have them. "ASIC miners pay when in hand" would imply you do not have them but won't require payment until you do.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:52:26 PM

Thanks.

you don't pay until i have them physically. pretty normal use for around here.

Maybe a language barrier? From my perspective "ASIC miners in hand" means you already have them. "ASIC miners pay when in hand" would imply you do not have them but won't require payment until you do.

Yeah, this. In hand means in stock, available etc. Doesn't matter either way, you can't sell something you don't have, you are asking absurd prices for them, and at this rate, it will be months before you get them anyways.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:18:19 AM

Dear CoinTerra customer,

As a First Batch customer with an order for one or more TerraMiners initially scheduled for a late-December delivery we are reaching out to you since you are one of the remaining customers that we have been unsuccessful in contacting by telephone via the number associated with your cointerra.com account.

We are pleased to say that we are now very close to manufacturing our first units, but if you have been following our engineering updates on our website you may be aware that our late-December orders have slipped into the New Year.

Your order will enter manufacturing shortly, and will be one of the very first TerraMiners to leave our production facility - we currently expect your order to ship in the first two weeks of January.

As a thank you for being an early customer and supporting us as we worked to bring the TerraMiner to market, for each TerraMiner that you have ordered in the First Batch we would also like to send you an additional TerraMiner of equal hash rate from our March batch free of charge (including free shipping.)  This means that if you have a First Batch order for one TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner you will receive your miner in January and you will also receive a TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner in March.

We will send a confirmation of your order, updated to include the additional free of charge TerraMiner within 24 hours.  However, if you would prefer to receive a full refund of your order purchase price in USD instead of taking us up on the offer, or if you have any further questions regarding your order then please can contact us at [redacted] and we will be happy to accommodate you.

Best regards and a Happy New Year!
Everyone at the CoinTerra Team

Jan and Feb batches are going to be screwed now.
Mattster28

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:01:25 AM

Dear CoinTerra customer,

As a First Batch customer with an order for one or more TerraMiners initially scheduled for a late-December delivery we are reaching out to you since you are one of the remaining customers that we have been unsuccessful in contacting by telephone via the number associated with your cointerra.com account.

We are pleased to say that we are now very close to manufacturing our first units, but if you have been following our engineering updates on our website you may be aware that our late-December orders have slipped into the New Year.

Your order will enter manufacturing shortly, and will be one of the very first TerraMiners to leave our production facility - we currently expect your order to ship in the first two weeks of January.

As a thank you for being an early customer and supporting us as we worked to bring the TerraMiner to market, for each TerraMiner that you have ordered in the First Batch we would also like to send you an additional TerraMiner of equal hash rate from our March batch free of charge (including free shipping.)  This means that if you have a First Batch order for one TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner you will receive your miner in January and you will also receive a TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner in March.

We will send a confirmation of your order, updated to include the additional free of charge TerraMiner within 24 hours.  However, if you would prefer to receive a full refund of your order purchase price in USD instead of taking us up on the offer, or if you have any further questions regarding your order then please can contact us at [redacted] and we will be happy to accommodate you.

Best regards and a Happy New Year!
Everyone at the CoinTerra Team

I see no reason to think my order will not get to me in Jan. I'm an early Jan order

What I meant by Jan and Feb batches being screwd is now batch 1 is going to be twice the hash rate. So your batch 2 is now going to be like a batch 3.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:21:02 AM

Everyone that thinks to have problems with CT can switch to my HF orders at incredible discounts.

CT is probably one of the best bets out there.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:23:32 PM

Everyone that thinks to have problems with CT can switch to my HF orders at incredible discounts.

you dont really have a good track record on making bets...  

CT hasn't shown anything either and if they do looks like they won't have any problem pushing early customers to the back of the line.  Probably doing an Avalon chip switcheroo where they will just sell early product to a big customer

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:27:19 PM

Wanna bet? :-) (that CT isn't going to be nearly 1/10 as bad as HF [if you don't consider what will happen with my litigation with HF])

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
aerobatic

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:25:16 PM

I see no reason to think my order will not get to me in Jan. I'm an early Jan order

What I meant by Jan and Feb batches being screwd is now batch 1 is going to be twice the hash rate. So your batch 2 is now going to be like a batch 3.

that doesnt seem to make sense.  if the december batch (1) arrives in early jan, how is it any different to the january and february batches... they still have the same hash power in front of them, regardless of whether the 'late december' batch arrives in 'late dec' or 'early jan'
aerobatic

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:30:14 PM

CT hasn't shown anything either and if they do looks like they won't have any problem pushing early customers to the back of the line.  Probably doing an Avalon chip switcheroo where they will just sell early product to a big customer

DPos... i beg to differ.  Cointerra has been pretty open.  they've let people do trip reports...  and drop in practically anytime.   theyve let people take photos of their offices and their work in progress.   they showed boxes, and cooling systems, and board prototypes in various stages of development...   and only a few days ago they showed they had wafers back from the fab.   Theyve pretty much shown everything except a working chip, at this point... and give them a week longer and i think they will show us that as well...!

And what makes you suggest that early customers could conveivably get pushed to the back of the line!?   Why would you even suggest they would try such a thing.  On what basis would that be?

-- Jez
DPoS

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:47:28 PM

And what makes you suggest that early customers could conveivably get pushed to the back of the line!?   Why would you even suggest they would try such a thing.  On what basis would that be?

-- Jez

the reason I have was their wording in that last email about accepting late product (with a bonus miner further down the road) or go for refund.

There is no reason to believe that they will ship first in/first out like KNC did.
Everyone can guess there is an Iceland mining farm that will be getting the first miners no doubt. 

You have been pretty much on board on not caring about first in line customers getting ample time before next batch customers get theirs (same as in HF thread).

If a first batch customer gets push back a month or so, they should hold back the other orders.  Just throwing extra miners months later as some kind of bonus expects customers to be bad at math which many around here are.  You are going to make about 1/3 of your btc in the first month of your miner, and that total shrinks each week of delay.

@cedivad -  you don't need me for a bet on CT, just send whatever money you have left to them if you think they are golden.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:17:59 PM

@cedivad -  you don't need me for a bet on CT, just send whatever money you have left to them if you think they are golden.
I've never said that. I would just point out the enormous difference between HashFast and Cointerra. If i could go back, i would certainly send my money to Cointerra.

What's left is reserved for my lawyer.

plato14

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:42:09 AM

ENGINEERING UPDATE: GOLDSTRIKE™ I Packaged chips and system board assembly

http://cointerra.com/engineering-update-goldstrike-packaged-chips-system-board-assembly/
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:47:33 AM

-- Jez

You have been pretty much on board on not caring about first in line customers getting ample time before next batch customers get theirs (same as in HF thread).
If a first batch customer gets push back a month or so, they should hold back the other orders.  Just throwing extra miners months later as some kind of bonus expects customers to be bad at math which many around here are.  You are going to make about 1/3 of your btc in the first month of your miner, and that total shrinks each week of delay.

Aerobatic has been helping to get  Cointerra to help even things out for the December batch customers.  Yes, getting a unit in March will mean mining less Bitcoin but you have to also remember that the December batch customers should be mining about 2 weeks earlier than the January batch so if the difficulty is significantly lower in mid-January vs late January it will even things out somewhat.  The problem with holding back later batches is that other manufacturers are dumping hash on the network as well so if they don't ship the January batches ASAP they'd screw all those batches.  I've run the numbers and don't get me wrong, I agree that the early January batch orders for two machines will likely do better by about $5-7K than someone who still holds a December order unless the difficulty really goes nuts from mid-January to late-January so it's not optimal but at this stage the March unit is still a good compromise.  And if the difficulty jumps more than I expected from mid to late January the December batch might very well do identically well as two January miners.  Since it's next to impossible to predict, and since us December orders could have called to switch I think it's a fair resolution.

Anyways, I've never invested this much money in equipment with anybody before but so far Cointerra has been all right in my book.  Which is why I placed another order for April units even though the ROI there is a lot less clear.  It's still the best value if they can deliver the April units on time since the competitors pricewise for April haven't even taped out (i.e. BlackArrow, KnC) and some cost more (even with KnC's recent price drop I'm not sure the Neptune makes sense unless they can definitely deliver 4Thash per unit-they might, but it's not definite and the timeline is beyond vague). 
DPoS

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:57:40 AM

Aerobatic has been helping to get  Cointerra to help even things out for the December batch customers. 

thanks for the straight answers.. it paints the landscape well

Glad I got in with day1 jupiters because mining is only going to make sense now if you get a big discount on bulk orders and already run a datacenter

The HF customers got completely fleeced and Cointerra is already slipping (they still have to prove all the good whiteboard stuff works)

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 04:09:06 AM

It's still the best value if they can deliver the April units on time since the competitors pricewise for April haven't even taped out
While I'm bullish on cointerra hardware, the pricing for April sounds completely out of wack to me.

"Thinking about buying an April Cointerra unit for ~8 BTC? Take my bet instead."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395243.0

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:18:22 AM

It's still the best value if they can deliver the April units on time since the competitors pricewise for April haven't even taped out
While I'm bullish on cointerra hardware, the pricing for April sounds completely out of wack to me.

Is there anything else out there scheduled for availability in April, that is priced cheaper for 2TH ? It should seem reasonable April 2TH units should be priced closer to $5k, no ?
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: