Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:26:33 PM

Not surprised by this non-update, so lets get this straight, the miners are only hashing at 1.5 TH, they're over a month late on December batch, they say they're shipping by next week, but who knows what is really going to happen?  What happened to the dream team cointerra?  Seems like another asic company that couldn't hack it, should have went with KNC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGArkvNXl1g

nearly the same scam scheme as HashFast. both companies are U.S. based.

hashfast, cointerra, BFL typical American scam artists filled with ego and arrogance.. bombard you with marketing doublespeak, flowery press releases and no update updates. overpromise and under-deliver order of the day.

You forgot Chinese, Japanese, German, etc.. etc... products in the world LOL!  It happens in every industry from every country.  Though I think this is the first time Americans have been the biggest "scam" artist.  In the virtual world (MMO gaming industry) it has been the Chinese that have topped that list.  So hell yeah go Team 'Merica! 
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:30:46 PM

The us companies you mention, only 1 has not shipped anything yet. Most of the scams ive seen where things weren't shipped were overseas. yifu fucked a lot of people and still owes refunds. labcoin another, there are many many others from outside the us. Look at the scam thread.  I'd support you saying us companies are the most dishonest. that works.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:36:52 PM

The us companies you mention, only 1 has not shipped anything yet. Most of the scams ive seen where things weren't shipped were overseas. yifu fucked a lot of people and still owes refunds. labcoin another, there are many many others from outside the us. Look at the scam thread.  I'd support you saying us companies are the most dishonest. that works.

Agreed but it's fun to support the trolls. 
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:11:41 AM

http://cointerra.com/update-engineering-production-status/

They are shipping out 1.6 TH/S miners instead of 2 TH/S as promised. But they are shipping next week most probably. Sucks to lose 20% of mining power but at getting it on time...
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:23:08 AM

On time?
These are the batch 1 units, promised for mid december!
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3073

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

They are shipping out 1.6 TH/S miners instead of 2 TH/S as promised. But they are shipping next week most probably. Sucks to lose 20% of mining power but at getting it on time...

Perhaps the later batches (including the compensation units for the December customers) will use the proposed board revision that brings it up to 2TH/s. Anyone with March and later should cross their fingers that this happens, it would be nicely commensurate with the risk they took.

Vires in numeris
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:36:01 AM

that's a terrible effort by the PROS OF ASIC with a design FROM THE GROUND UP!!  (not just some slapped together KNC rush job)

I run two jupiters with two expansion boards overclocked mildly ~1.5Th @ 1800watts at the wall
so the big scary clownterra is doing basically the same as my rigs but 4 months after KNC 

Tongue CLOWNS  Tongue

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:38:55 AM

that's a terrible effort by the PROS OF ASIC with a design FROM THE GROUND UP!!  (not just some slapped together KNC rush job)

I run two jupiters with two expansion boards overclocked mildly ~1.5Th @ 1800watts at the wall
so the big scary clownterra is doing basically the same as my rigs but 4 months after KNC 

Tongue CLOWNS  Tongue

Compare both to Bitfury's 55nm chip well under .9 watts per GH/s at the wall and the C in KnC stands for clown also.

Buy & Hold
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:42:01 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 12:54:00 AM by Bogart

hashfast, cointerra, BFL typical American scam artists filled with ego and arrogance.. bombard you with marketing doublespeak, flowery press releases and no update updates. overpromise and under-deliver order of the day.

You forgot bASIC and VMC (and AMT).

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:12:10 AM

The us companies you mention, only 1 has not shipped anything yet. Most of the scams ive seen where things weren't shipped were overseas. yifu fucked a lot of people and still owes refunds. labcoin another, there are many many others from outside the us. Look at the scam thread.  I'd support you saying us companies are the most dishonest. that works.

agreed... I'm happy they're shipping NOW and much prefer they ship quicker (accepting 20% less performance) than delay it 2-3 months and have the full performance but have lost 80% of its value !!...  since we all know that difficulty increases by more than 20%-30% each level change... thus every week that they don't delay (ship sooner) is worth 20-30% more.  its a no brainer, stop tweaking and ship it asap!!

plato14

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:18:29 AM

Confirmed the miners are underperforming as per their initial estimates, I'm okay with this if they ship asap and maybe some way give the customers who receive these underperforming machines the makeup terra hashes later on, when they tweak the board more or throw in an extra one terra hash miner to make up the difference, we did pay for a 2 TH miner after all.  Shipping should be the main concern for now though.

EDIT: just realized i was late to the party haha
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:50:15 AM

I knew the certification would take longer than 3 days.  While a different industry, my experience with UL & CE approval wait times took months.
SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:49:06 AM

Tongue CLOWNS  Tongue

Compare both to Bitfury's 55nm chip well under .9 watts per GH/s at the wall and the C in KnC stands for clown also.

Do you lack basic reading comprehension skills or basic engineering skills? He clearly mentioned the chips are overclocked, thus they will never be as efficient as an underclocked one. The Jupiters are around 1W per GH/s at the wall (more or less depending on the firmware used, ambient temperature, etc.).

Also, the clowns are those over-promising and under delivering. And Bitfury are also clowns in my books because they'll sell to anyone without giving a damn as to how that will affect their smaller customers. Buy only from the companies that only sell to end users and not to big mining consortiums.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:56:52 AM

Tongue CLOWNS  Tongue

Do you lack basic reading comprehension skills or basic engineering skills? He clearly mentioned the chips are overclocked, thus they will never be as efficient as an underclocked one. The Jupiters are around 1W per GH/s at the wall (more or less depending on the firmware used, ambient temperature, etc.).

Also, the clowns are those over-promising and under delivering. And Bitfury are also clowns in my books because they'll sell to anyone without giving a damn as to how that will affect their smaller customers. Buy only from the companies that only sell to end users and not to big mining consortiums.

What? You are seriously mad at bitfury for selling miners to mining groups? What do you think knc is doing all these months? What miner do you see at this farm?
http://www.nytimes.com/video/business/100000002607442/mining-for-bitcoins-in-iceland.html

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:05:42 AM

Tongue CLOWNS  Tongue

What? You are seriously mad at bitfury for selling miners to mining groups? What do you think knc is doing all these months? What miner do you see at this farm?
http://www.nytimes.com/video/business/100000002607442/mining-for-bitcoins-in-iceland.html

Hundreds upon thousands of USB miners but I may have been alt+tabbed and guessing.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:21:28 AM

The Jupiters are around 1W per GH/s at the wall (more or less depending on the firmware used, ambient temperature, etc.).

Big deal.

KnC, 28nm, 1w per GH/s.

Bitfury, 55nm, .9w per GH/s.

KnC's chip is nothing to brag about.

Buy & Hold
VJLoops

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:01:23 AM

Email just received from CT.

DATELINE 1/24/2014

Today we wanted to communicate our plans as we move from pre-production into production. As soon as the FCC/CE/UL certification process is completed we will be able to commence shipping the very first production TerraMiners and incrementally ramp up to volume capacity over the coming days.

On the hardware front, we have implemented circuit board modifications which have improved the efficiency of the power conversion circuitry from the time of our initial board bringup and we have revised the firmware on the BeagleBone Black controller card to take advantage of this.

Having achieved a good level of stability and based on feedback from our customers, we have decided to push the button to release our first production TerraMiners IV’s.

Our production lines are assembling units and we have submitted for certification simultaneously. The production units that we have assembled and tested so far are running at between 1.63TH/s and 1.72TH/s with power draw at the wall between 1900W and 2100W – typically 20% higher than our anticipated target of 1650W but still sufficient to operate in a typical US home (110V) plugged into two outlets on separate 15A circuits, or in a typical European home (230V) on a single circuit.

The first-batch of TerraMiner IV units shipping to customers

Is easily the most powerful high-performance Bitcoin miner available today. It smashes the 1TH/s barrier by a huge margin
    Is the lowest cost per gigahash of any Bitcoin mining rig on the market
    Achieves the highest density of Bitcoin hashing power in its compact 4U enclosure

We will continue tweaking the firmware and any updates will be posted to the CoinTerra website.

Additionally, we have begun a board redesign which will enter production when fully tested and approved. It is anticipated that the board revision will offer further hardware optimizations and power efficiencies and based on the initial simulations it will permit us to hit our initial performance target of 2TH/s.

We expect to post the next update as soon as we’ve received certification early next week and begin delivery.

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 08:22:06 AM

1.63TH/s and 1.72TH/s with power draw at the wall between 1900W and 2100W – typically 20% higher than our anticipated target of 1650W but still sufficient to operate in a typical US home (110V) plugged into two outlets on separate 15A circuits

What a joke...not even compensation

They know the buyers are so desperate for shipping they will take anything.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:26:57 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 02:31:20 PM by testerx

I'm concerned about the hash rate but way more concerned about the power draw, this higher power target makes it very difficult to power these-2100 watts each?!?  Especially for larger purchasers the difference in power bills will be astronomical.  The worst part is they originally targeted 1200w and then raised the goal to 1600w and we're still way off.  As someone with several units on order this is very concerning, now even the highest density colocation cabinets running three phase won't supply enough power...I'm going to have to redo all our power plans, this is awful.  Apparently I should have purchased the stupid terramine hosting package when it was $3500 but who knew they were going to miss the 0.6W/GH goal by this much become 1.2W/GH.  This is insanely stressful, sigh, this is almost as bad as the issues people had powering minirigs.

The problem is that power rates where we are will run 0.25 per kWh so this is insanely expensive to run now
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 01:34:47 PM

I am quite surprised that after missing there performance and power target by so much they didn't attempt to do anything. For example suggest the redesigned board will be provided at no cost to all units when it is available, something to make people feel like they may not have been cheated quite as much..

I wonder if anyone is going to attempt to slap them with a lawsuit given that it's treading on FTC territory with false advertising. I haven't bothered looking at the fine print so perhaps Cointerra has themselves covered..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: