Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:24:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Will the Next Bitcoin?  (Read 5754 times)
Filthy1

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:08:39 AM

Eth is the next king it will rise and definitely hit 10,000$ this year its the king slayer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:27:47 PM

Ethereum will no doubt the next bitcoin because moat of the new coins are based on Ethereum blockchain. The price of Ethereum will be increased soon and this will make Ethereum be the next Bitcoin or close.
FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:40:56 PM

In some other way I believe yes but there are things anf importance that bitcoin cannot be surpassed since it is the first of all coins. It has value that Ethereum cannot surpass by its demand. Though ethereum is much useful in any other transactions and are conivinient to use still bitcoin is one that is unique in its form.  Nevertheless, who knows it may in a couple of years.

vickycoin05

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:09:43 PM

Ethereum is the best coin after bitcoin,which is true it is the first platforms that implements smartcontracts and decentralized applications.If there is only coin that could replace bitcoin's position it is surely ethereum and there is no doubt about it,it has a solid platform and community like bitcoin has and its platform is being used by most of the new altcoins in the market.

Actually, it's not easy to replace bitcoin over ethereum since the ethereum was already reach over bitcoin cash. I would say, yes ethereum is really a good crypto currency especially on this years performance but in some point we must consider other crypto currency over ethereum.
CaptainBezique

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

Though at ETH and there is not higher status of cryptocurrency, she is considered one of most reliable. Many do prognoses that in 2018 this cryptocurrency will grow in several times.

di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:15:29 PM

I think it is not very  impossible to happen, because knowing that Ethereum is the second leading coin in the market. As bitcoins has a weary feelings to all about its stability in the market, it can really hapen and it will become the next BTC.

makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:19:56 PM

Yes, I also agree with such a statement, such an outcome is really possible, but it is necessary to add, if the bitcoin command will hesitate with the integration of lightning into the network, then ether can very quickly take all positions.
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:28:08 PM

Both of these coins are significant for the market . They are pioneers of a sort . And I think technologically they will always develop and not stand still, so BTC is unlikely to leave the leading position .
jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:29:37 PM

Eth is the next king it will rise and definitely hit 10,000$ this year its the king slayer.
Your idea is possible. As we can see, eth is progressing at a much faster pace compared to bitcoin. So the idea of hitting 10000$ this year would be possible.
havoc928

Activity: 379

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

i belive that ethereum with smart contract can make transactions more faster than bitcoin, now eth may be in top 2, but in the future eth can replace Bitcoin

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (   About us   Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:54:05 PM

Very interesting question. There are a few possibilities if we compare with the value of ethereum price in 2019 it can give you some idea with the scenarios
They range from:

Next to nothing
100,000 USD or even more.
There are also lots of possibilities in between.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Of course not. You want as exact an answer as one could possibly provide, down to the penny.

The thing is that that was the answer you needed.

So many things can happen with Ethereum over the course of 2018. Below, allow me to explain what could potentially make Ethereum crumble and what could make Ethereum skyrocket.

Disaster scenarios:

China, South Korea and other Asian countries ban cryptocurrency trading and mining. We’ve already seen cryptos across the board plummet by -20% within the hour just because of *speculation* that Asian governments might ban trading and mining. Just imagine if they actually see that threat through.
Another major exchange gets hacked. Could you imagine if Coinbase got hacked? You’d see the price of all cryptos deflate like a popped balloon within seconds. With the proliferation of cryptos and resulting exchanges, we should expect more exchanges to get hacked in 2018. Depending on the size of the hacked exchanges, you may see prices either barely move or you may see the Earth split in two.
Buterin and Ethereum developers get hacked and/or fail to deliver on their lofty promises. If there were to be a successful attack on the very Ethereum core team you could see Ether (and Ether alone) plunge dramatically.
Payday scenarios:

Buterin & Co. implement Casper/Proof of Stake. This is a “first to the finish line” race out of the major cryptos and Ethereum is easily leading the way. Whenever (not if ever) Ethereum implements PoS, hold on tight because it’s going to be wild. If Bitcoin doesn’t switch to PoS at the same time you could easily see Ether overtake Bitcoin on the coin value to USD pair within a short span of time.
Corporations and/or major developers start utilizing Ethereum for everyday processes or decentralized apps are released to the public. Both of these would drive demand for Ether up dramatically as more and more potential holders seek to buy and either up their stake in Ether or enter for the first time.
Bitcoin continues to not really do anything useful. It’s interesting how Bitcoin has primarily become little more than a store of value rather than an actual currency. With the current technical headwinds that Bitcoin is facing, we shouldn’t expect this to change any time soon. I mean there are very good reasons why major corporations are flocking to Ethereum and not to Bitcoin. I suspect that we will continue to see that trend continue here in 2018, if not speed up even more.
Those are the biggest factors that I can think of. Of course all of this is not to be taken as any kind of investment advice as I am no financial adviser. I am merely someone who is very excited about the potential of cryptocurrency from both a real-world application standpoint and from a personal investment standpoint. We all invest at our own risk and should all be doing thorough market research to determine which opportunities may be right for each person.
Maybe because nothing is possible to happen especially in cryptocurrency and since ethereum is rising last year and continuously rising this year. But i think its can happen but many years will past before it happen because right now bitcoin is the best crypto to have becuase of its potential to grow your coin in higher value.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
ahmetsusar

Activity: 70
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:16:25 PM

ethereum platform is better than btx and etherdelta dex exhange more safety for me but they need 2nfa for myetherwallet ı guess ıt will be huge but not more then btc  ı think
rudyconsl15

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:09:26 PM

If we talk about Ethereum Will the Next Bitcoin?  I believe it can happen. Because ethereum has a smart contract or ERC20 which is getting more and more ICO and Airdrop based projects that make the demand for ethereum higher. So the potential of Ethereum to become the next bitcoin is more likely to happen.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:14:52 PM

Ethereum in my opinion will not be the next bitcoin, ethereum will remain ethereum as btc is anonymous and have a different approach than etherueum.
Tadic

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:18:00 PM

not impossible but difficult. will be past or near. etherium is very strong
burntheevidence12

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:20:22 PM

I do not know the ethereum is the future bitcoin but I am confident that it will find an important place.Ethereum rocks  Cool
anhlandibo12

Activity: 151

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:20:55 PM

Ethereum is known for its Blockchain 2.0 technology, which promises to overcome and replace the weaknesses of Bitcoin's Blockchain 1.0 technology. According to statistics, the growth rate of Bitcoin in 2017 is 4000%, and Ethereum is nearly 10000%. It is easy to see the future of Ethereum replacing Bitcoin as the world's No. 1 cryptos.

IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:24:36 PM

Ethereum will never be Bitcoin and vice versa. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, it is still most popular and recognizable. Ethereum on the other side is widely used, so I see no reason they can switch places. Each one has its own place in the world and in the history.

dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:26:47 PM

Ethereum is known for its Blockchain 2.0 technology, which promises to overcome and replace the weaknesses of Bitcoin's Blockchain 1.0 technology. According to statistics, the growth rate of Bitcoin in 2017 is 4000%, and Ethereum is nearly 10000%. It is easy to see the future of Ethereum replacing Bitcoin as the world's No. 1 cryptos.

You are right in that scenario because 2017 ethereum explode so high the Blockchain 2.0 technology of ethereum prove it can beat Bitcoin in the near future even they faced a problem they quickly responce to fix that issue so in my opinion it can beat bitcoin but who knows when that time comes haha :₩

Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:26:59 PM

And yes they are two complete different things. Though I believe, Ethereum can surpass bitcoin in the value, still bitcoin and Ethereum would have their own field of uses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: