Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:59:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Will the Next Bitcoin?  (Read 5762 times)
Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:59:39 PM

I don't think Ethereum is a substitute for bitcoin. That will never happen. These coins have different functions.
I would like to identify what features Bitcoin has? For the etherium and so everything is clear, because its demand and demand for erc20 in the crypto-exchange society is quite large. But what's the utility of Bitcoin ?
andrejfilipov876

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:53:13 PM

Yes, it is technologically ahead of bitcoin but I doubt that its market value will exceed bitcoin
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:52:27 PM

Why people are always looking for the next bitcoin? Bitcoin will always stay bitcoin. I cant see any competition between this coins, they have different purposes.

Exactly! Bitcoin can be compared with Litecoin or BCH for example. Ethereum with EOS, NEO,ADA
But not Bitcoin with Ethereum

Mueller Layerd

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:13:10 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is not comparable to other coins, it has it’s huge value because it’s the first crypto, everyone know bitcoin, many less know ether and others cryptos. Tecnically bitcoin is outdated, it’s slow and it has expensive fees. Ether is much better but it’s not very known and in the future it will have to fight against all the new smartcontract ready blockchain that are following his road

I would say that it's ca common misconception (IMHO) that Bitcoin is the first digital currency. Bitcoin isn't the first digital currency, not even the first crypto. It is the first one that was launched anonymously though. Do you think that if there was another coin that launched anonymously with a really good marketing strategy, but the same core values as bitcoin, it could not gain friction? I think the main difference between all the coins out now and Bitcoin, is that none of them are launched anonymously, save a few.

To answer the question, in general, I don't think you can compare Ethereum with Bitcoin really, the coins are not meant to compete.
for Ethereum continues to show continued improvement and make the value of Ethereum to be high. so it would be very advantageous to have Ethereum and continue to have a good look. so it would be very nice to have Ethereum as the next Bitcoin.
Ethereum itself does have a high ability to continue growing and able to be the primary coin of value.
 It can also be seen from the development of the existing coins and so able to achieve high prices. making it the next generation for Bitcoin.
FrosDiamond

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:53:37 PM

I don't know, because for now it hasn't seen a coin with good potential. I still see that altcoins don't have stable prices and they still tend to be weak. for ethereum it cannot be said to be worthy of being the next bitcoin, ethereum is still too young and has not grown strongly.
globalpain

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:59:05 PM

Ethereum isn't trying to be the next bitcoin, it's a development platform and virtual operating something, it's cryptocurrency utility is just one tiny fraction of its potential. The answer therefore must be no, because they're looking to achieve different goals as cryptocurrency.
I generally believe that Ethereum and bitcoin do not see each other as competitors, everyone has their own goals, plans and prospects. You don't have to ask such questions.
I think so too, bitcoin and ethereum will run together without competition between the two, because they carry different goals,
even if ethereum wants to replace bitcoin, it can't happen, bitcoin and ethereum are part of cryptocurrency

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
XiXiMios

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:27:17 AM

This is a second-generation blockchain. The technology will be improved and there will always be something new that will be better than the previous one. Bitcoin is a means of speculation and investing. I do not think that the Ethereum will ever overtake him. If the Ether grows, Bitcoin will also grow.
Vasya

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:31:40 AM

Ethereum isn't attempting to be the following Bitcoin, it's endeavoring to be something unique completely, a stage in which the whole blockchain future can be manufactured. Bitcoin is an unadulterated digital money, it doesn't have any shrewd contract or dApp usefulness, though ETH has the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) which is utilized for running decentralized projects.
zhayidgu

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:32:47 AM

I don't think that's going to happen, and eth will never be able to go beyond bitcoin. I know bitcoin won't be replaced or defeated because it was the first cryptocurrency to be created.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:33:54 AM

Ethereum is having the same issue bitcoin is having. Would you place a sure losing bet? Ethereum is volatile as anything, the eyhereum is yet to scale and the network is sometimes blotted!
camperous

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:12:56 AM

They have different usage. But with the fact that most projects are Ethereum based now, the price of Ethereum will increase at a very faster rate than bitcoin
veroku

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:51:51 PM

Perhaps, but it happens not soon. It was required the whole 9 years that the bitcoin became such as now popular and valuable. Ethereum will be required for this time too. Especially as at it is what to improve.
bummm

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:06:28 PM

Ethereum isn't trying to be the next bitcoin, it's a development platform and virtual operating something, it's cryptocurrency utility is just one tiny fraction of its potential. The answer therefore must be no, because they're looking to achieve different goals as cryptocurrency.
I generally believe that Ethereum and bitcoin do not see each other as competitors, everyone has their own goals, plans and prospects. You don't have to ask such questions.
I think so too, bitcoin and ethereum will run together without competition between the two, because they carry different goals,
even if ethereum wants to replace bitcoin, it can't happen, bitcoin and ethereum are part of cryptocurrency

Yes, sure - their roles are absolutely different. Before I worked only with Bitcoin but now I have decided to invest in 2 ICOs. It is more profitable if you use Ethereum for that as the altcoin is very cheap.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:50:06 PM

On the crypto market, from December 2017, the valuation dropped by over 70%. Despite the slump in the stock markets, the interest of miners in digging BTC has not diminished. The situation is different in the case of Ethereum, in the case of which the digital currency has a sharp drop in the activity of the diggers.

Sam Doctor, a quantitative strategist at Fundstrat Advisors research company, wrote on Twitter on Friday that the number of Bitcoin network hashes has almost doubled since May - from 28 EH / s to 57 EH / s. The analysis also showed that the miner's output cost "zero" at the time of digging one BTC is currently USD 7 300, compared to USD 6,000 in May. This calculation includes the depreciation costs of mining equipment and suggests a "fair price" bitcoin.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:55:47 PM

On the crypto market ethereum has being used so much than btc but they are still not comparable. Bitcoin is ahead and have being a gateway to fiat for other altcoins .

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
Irviyandi

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:57:01 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin will continue to lead in the future, although now the enthusiasts of bitcoin and ethereum are almost the same, but I still believe that bitcoin remains on top because this bitcoin is the beginning or the parent of all the coins currently available.

mariyawisman

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:48:37 PM

This is a second-generation blockchain. The technology will be improved and there will always be something new that will be better than the previous one. Bitcoin is a means of speculation and investing. I do not think that the Ethereum will ever overtake him. If the Ether grows, Bitcoin will also grow.
Ethereum does have a lot of people behind it. It would seem really bad if Ethereum was trying to replace Bitcoin though.
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:53:21 PM

i do not agree that etehrium will beat the bitcoin because bitcoin is much stronger and it will not allow etherium to win but maybe it can happen in follow year maybe 2020.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:48:26 PM

Well, that might happen in some years to this time, but i do not think ethereum has yet got the capacity to be the next bitcoin. It is growing though, but it has not yet got the ability.
Pecinan

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:49:04 PM

Ethereum is a much more modern and technologically advanced coin.She will have a very great future and she can surpass absolutely any coins Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: