Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:13:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC now accepts Bitcoin!  (Read 3399 times)
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:28:02 PM

I think it is just a normal delivery. You will order not on their phone number but on an app which in turns order it for you. Nothing really happened their. You've just doubled the delivery fee.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
VampKing
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

You can see Bitcoin is a burning topic now-a-days. Yes, it may be a strategy of KFC to grab attention of people by accepting BTC as a payment method. On the other hand, it will encourage other firms or companies to include BTC in their payment methods. It's no wonder that BTC price will boom, so someone must take the advantage of the opportunity. That is what KFC is doing. 
lesinset

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:45:41 PM

That's a cool news! but, I suppose it's still not applicable now here in our country. but, sooner or later it will. That's a great start.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:49:49 PM

it's not worth because the transaction fee is very high, they can try another alt coins such as XLM which has low transaction fee

I would say this is just cheap propaganda for them, and it wont even help bitcoin right now. With this move, they will get promotion on almost every crypto site news without having to pay a thing. Since there is a lot of hype around crypto, I would say they will get a very good exposure worldwide. This could be good for bitcoin if it was real adoption, but it's just in Canada, and bitcoin is not ready to be used for small payments, so for those in Canada that will actually try this, they will have a bad experience with bitcoin, so I didn't enjoyed this move by KFC.

If they really wanted to get serious, and claim support for bitcoin, then they could have done like TorGuard is doing, and would be using a lightning network node. They even offer a refund if the funds are lost, so this is a real experiment, and not some cheap propaganda.

Check this article on cointelegraph.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/lightning-networks-pizza-day-first-ever-physical-purchase-on-lightning-network

If KFC did something like this, then it would be good for bitcoin.
argiyan.tri

Activity: 271
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:53:51 PM

I think this is too complicated, it seems more practical if we order and pay ditempatd with cash money. maybe this is a bit old-fashioned but in my opinion even easier.  Grin Grin
Virman01

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:54:53 PM

may be tried, if only in my country there is already a service maybe I will use that service as well..  Huh Huh
triargiyan

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:58:30 PM

funny too, but not everyone uses bitcoin, maybe still a little interested. Wink Wink
Cholidm

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:01:45 PM

for now in our country KFC can not receive payment by using bitcoin may one day later as the development of cryptocurrency and after all countries legalize bitcoin we can make transaction payment using bitcoin

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:16:40 PM

This is really great news! Maybe now we can get black people to use bitcoin instead of the current group of whiner lilly white nerds and assorted asians using it now.

Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:21:14 PM

Check out my YouTube video where I dive more in depth : BREAKING NEWS KFC is now accepting Bitcoin, and Smart contracts might be legally binding!

Is this just a bucket of chicken, or a bucket of publicity stunts?

You will be able to buy a bucket of chicken in Select Canada KFC's. However you will have to order it online using Bitpay, and have it shipped to you.

Cost : Around $20 + $5 shipping + Taxes + Any other blockchain fees

What do you guys think about it?

This is a good news for everyone day by day they are looking forward for Bitcoin and maybe tomorrow Bitcoin will accept in other companies and industries, Bitcoin will be the key to change the future to have a progress. I hope that other country can use bitcoin also to buy a bucket of chicken in KFC and other stores. 

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:21:40 PM

Check out my YouTube video where I dive more in depth : BREAKING NEWS KFC is now accepting Bitcoin, and Smart contracts might be legally binding!

You will be able to buy a bucket of chicken in Select Canada KFC's. However you will have to order it online using Bitpay, and have it shipped to you.

Hi there TimtheYoutuber! Whether this is a marketing scheme or a testing for the possibility of crypto as a payment, it is still a good news for everybody who are into crypto. This will be a role model restaurant that say to their competitors that we can go along with the technology and we are pioneer in this method. Currently the KFC in my country did not accept bitcoin, but if ever they do, I will be glad to try this even for some time.  Wink
WannaCry

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:30:17 PM

Yes, I've heard of that and I was surprised. Bitcoin is starting to reach every corners of the marketing industry. I think , most of the companies and industries will have bitcoin as a cost of payment as what others look into. We can see the good progress of bitcoin through it. Imagine buying foods straight from our btc wallets? I found it exciting.
acha 1 3

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:43:18 PM

I think is better if use cash money or use credit card, because there is no fee, if use bitcoin we should pay the fee for it, so that's more expencive, and need waiting for confirmation for it.
batman12345

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:39:12 PM

WHAT the cost of $20 ?? how can you say that? maybe we can use altcoin to reduse fee of our transaction. like xrp,nxt,bts.

but i feel so happy if bitcoin can trust by big company like KFC's maybe other company will use btc on their transaction..
babala

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:43:13 PM

In case it was true, then it was good for all who had bitcoins since they were be able to use bitcoin in payment of purchase on that store. Also, in part of KFC, it was a kind of advertisement for them to attract customers.
Dani33

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:43:39 PM

This is a great news, now I hope other many companies will start to accept Bitcoin because this is very important for the rise and for stop the panic with the governments

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
roshanface123

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:01:26 PM

First of all I'm not interested in this silly things. I would like to concentrate in training, mining and bitcoin campaign. Because I'm considering bitcoin as a most valuable investment policy. So I don't like to waste it for these kind of silly needs.
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:07:44 PM

I agree on you, We have no idea what will be additional taxes or charges that they will add. but the transaction fee+shipping is agreeeable. just thinking what will happen if the price will soar high? should we have Customer protection?
kseniyu

Activity: 294

The OEL Blockchain Ecosystem for Supply Chains

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 06:11:23 PM

This is the first step that made bitcoin in a social environment! Of course, it's not very convenient for ordinary people. But for the rich, why not? Having a large number of bitcoins, you can afford to buy a chicken for the cryptocurrency!

akiash

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:14:02 PM

It's a good news for crypto world. This will be helping to promote crypto around the world. But problem is it practical with higher block chain fees?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: