Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6902 times)
jalaaal

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:29:34 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
its purpose is to avoid multiple accounts and to help also us (bounty participants) to receive what we really deserve, due to multiple accounts.
bounty participants can relax and stop worrying about their identity because it is safe on the hands of the bounty campaign manager. it is not gonna used on any kind of bad works.

picaszo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:31:35 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
i think this is bad . I joined some bounty, at the beginning was not asked about KYC but when will be done payment is required to fill KYC. I mean we are just promoting the project and most are not involved in ICO, why they want our id
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:32:26 PM

I really think that there's no problem with it because KYC is implemented as part of cryptocurrency regulation to some countries. However, I really think that it should be done by a legal entity because personal information is really a sensitive data to disclose to just a random person. As much as possible, most bounty hunters are avoiding this, just for security reasons.
Mercedes1107

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:35:53 PM

I really think this is not a good idea. Asking for kyc isn't a good  for bounty tokens as I dont see any reason for that in anyway.
aborjin

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:40:02 PM

I do not find it right.It's ridiculous to give you your ID, especially on airdrops.The money you will win is very small.And not worth the risks you take.

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
torotot

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:41:39 PM

I guess this requires to secure that those citizens of forbidden country to join must be watch. This makes sense for securing to follow the rules for whatever must be done must done accordingly to its objectives.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:42:53 PM

I think it's a very bad idea to ask bounty hunters about their KYC because a lot of ICO's website is not secure and now they're asking for our private information when they can not even keep our private email
sandgluenick

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:56:49 PM

I really think that there's no problem with it because KYC is implemented as part of cryptocurrency regulation to some countries. However, I really think that it should be done by a legal entity because personal information is really a sensitive data to disclose to just a random person. As much as possible, most bounty hunters are avoiding this, just for security reasons.
if in my opinion, many bounty hunters are avoiding KYC because the system is new, so it's not used yet,
but I'm sure if all projects use KYC system, bounty hunter will follow
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:00:11 PM

I think it's a very bad idea to ask bounty hunters about their KYC because a lot of ICO's website is not secure and now they're asking for our private information when they can not even keep our private email

What are you afraid of? If even scammers get your data, they will not be able to use them for mercenary purposes, now only a personal confirmation of a person is required, for many manipulations with their real documents.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Makrochain

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:36:45 PM

I think there should be publicity and clarity in bounty campaigns so that participants can know the results of their work.. The bounty would be dangerous now because of that KYC if those information would be used on illegal and we are done. Its not good to use KYC since we are on internet. we cant give our information just like that. we are doing bounty for the sake of project to be done not to give our information anonymously
bealjulian

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:42:37 PM

I don't think all participants are ok with that because we can't fully say that everyone is allowing their identity will be exposed on ICO companies because we are all taking care of our  identities and protect our privacy and Crypto Assets to public. I think we have to face the reality of big ICOs now - they maybe are big bankers, they maybe are not. But if they want to go the route of ICOs, then their bounty programs also have to fit with the realities of regulations
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:43:04 PM

The worst thing is that bounty participants didn't know that KYC is mandatory when they participating campaign. Usually devs tell this right after the campaigns ends. For me it's looks like a some kind of scam , because a lot of participants will pass KYC and thus will not get paid for their work
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:46:59 PM

The worst thing is that bounty participants didn't know that KYC is mandatory when they participating campaign. Usually devs tell this right after the campaigns ends. For me it's looks like a some kind of scam , because a lot of participants will pass KYC and thus will not get paid for their work

Yeah especially after demanding ID scans and verifications, something not a lot of people are willing to give nowadays because of scam/privacy issues.
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:50:28 PM

I think that this is just an additional restriction so as not to pay those who did not pass the KYC, for example, because they simply did not notice the change in the terms .. Why do Bounty companies need to fill the KYC? If they do not make investments and do not need to prove the authenticity of the money they make into the crypto currency.
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:55:30 PM

For me, it is really fine if some ICOs are requiring all their participants of KYC because they just want to make sure their employees who worked on their campaigns. However, to all the bounty hunters out there, it is better if we all check the project if it's legit or not and the team members of it. It is good to know those things in order to protect our identity.
serkhio

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:59:10 PM

When the profit hit a line, the KYC won't stop the crazy bounty hunter. Anyhow, it has some positive influence in the bounty campaign and decrease the scammers.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mariaozawa

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:02:54 PM

I think this will make it hard for the bounty hunter because many beginners join the bounty hunter program to get capital in investing in this crypto currency, and it will make it harder for the participants to do their work.
ndico

Activity: 280

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:06:48 PM

It is not a welcome development for me. Why would bounty hunters need KYC for? I don't think it is necessary because bounty hunters are from a very well known communities, like bitcointalk, reddit, facebook , etc so there is no need to ask them to do KYC.

Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:07:34 PM

Thanks for the good topic to discuss.

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

This is only one side of this problem. But try to understand really good projects in this time when SEC is going to do a big step in cryptoregulation. When some holder of the tokens has not been identified - the whole project should be freezed.
And also KYC will make huge amount of scammers to go away from crypto. And this price that my ID can be sold - I'm ready to pay it knowing that crypto needs that to become greater and involve more people. By the way CRYPTO is trying and will fix this fact that organizations can prove identity with fake IDs and photos from darknet.

And if I cannot filter scam projects and send my ID to everyone - THIS IS ONLY MY PROBLEM  Shocked
bogacola

Activity: 406
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:11:25 PM

Some campaigns want KYC. I prefer to not give my personal documents to them. Be careful with the personal data you share online.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: